This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Is there a modded bios for the GA-Z87X-UD3H for version F8 that only adds the feature that enables me to run a 4771 and full turbo (x39) speed?

I've been searching for a while, can't seem to find one.
    Last edited by seanmcd; 04-30-2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Yes... I mean can you mod it pls?

Comment

Originally posted by edgarf28 View Post
        Yes... I mean can you mod it pls?
        G1.Sniper Z87 - F3-mod

Modified as per post #3489.

Comment

Originally posted by TrebleTA View Post
          In the Gigabyte book and site says marvell SE9128, GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1366 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0) Yet have seen marvell 88se9128 with the newer rom etc, are the models the same SE9128 and 88SE9128
          The only way of knowing will be to try i guess. did look around but hard to find the right google search key.
          I don't have that MB, so I have no real reason to spend hours searching for info about the Marvell chip configuration and upgrade procedure for it.
          That's something you will need to do.
          It is possible that you can flash that Marvell Firmware 2.2.0.1125b directly to your Marvell chip, but that is something YOU need to determine.

On my GA-P55A-UD4P there is No Group 17 Rom (M9123FW.bin) in my BIOS, my Marvell Firmware is on the Marvell Chip which gets Flashed separately from the BIOS.
          We have the same Marvell Chip (9128) BUT obviously Not the same hardware configuration.

I'm 99.9% sure that the Marvel 91xx rom version 1.0.1.0025 (131 KB) PCI ROM will NOT work in place of the 1.0.0.1033 (512 KB) Firmware module in your BIOS.
          But feel free to try it, just be sure you can recover your BIOS if it fails.
          Last edited by NoJuan999; 04-30-2014, 01:51 PM.
          I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
          If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Originally posted by NoJuan999 View Post
            I don't have that MB, so I have no real reason to spend hours searching for info about the Marvell chip configuration and upgrade procedure for it.
            That's something you will need to do.
            It is possible that you can flash that Marvell Firmware 2.2.0.1125b directly to your Marvell chip, but that is something YOU need to determine.

On my GA-P55A-UD4P there is No Group 17 Rom (M9123FW.bin) in my BIOS, my Marvell Firmware is on the Marvell Chip which gets Flashed separately from the BIOS.
            We have the same Marvell Chip (9128) BUT obviously Not the same hardware configuration.

I'm 99.9% sure that the Marvel 91xx rom version 1.0.1.0025 (131 KB) PCI ROM will NOT work in place of the 1.0.0.1033 (512 KB) Firmware module in your BIOS.
            But feel free to try it, just be sure you can recover your BIOS if it fails.
            I will take your word on it am an new to this sort of thing. so Will try yours again re-download, and use that as the last bios for the board. also with the mod2 bios the intel raid rom has trim raid support, Is that part of the intel 13.x?

Comment

I will take your word on it am an new to this sort of thing. so Will try yours again re-download, and use that as the last bios for the board. also with the mod2 bios the intel raid rom has trim raid support, Is that part of the intel 13.x?
              I don't have a RAID array so I honestly don't know.
              But if it doesn't you can always try it with the TRIM modified OROM from here:

Manufacturer: Gigabyte
              Motherboard Model: GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev 2.0)
              Bios Revision: FH
              Bios Type: Award Bios

Oroms Updated:
              Imtel Raid Rom - 13.1.0.2030 (TRIM support in RAID0 Modified by CPL0)
              JMicron - 1.07.28
              Realtek - 2.59
              Marvell Firmware - 1.0.0.1033

Flash from DOS with Included Flash Utility.

Gigabyte_GA-X58A-UD3R_(Rev._2.0)_FH_IR13-TRIM_MV1033_RT259.rar

Either way please post back here with your results so others can benefit from your info.
              Last edited by NoJuan999; 03-03-2015, 02:57 PM.
              If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Originally posted by seanmcd View Post
                Is there a modded bios for the GA-Z87X-UD3H for version F8 that only adds the feature that enables me to run a 4771 and full turbo (x39) speed?

I've been searching for a while, can't seem to find one.
                Or do any of the previously posted modded bios for the Z87X-UD3H have this option enabled?

Thanks! I'm dying to get an extra free 200mhz :D !!

Comment

I don't have a RAID array so I honestly don't know.
                  But if it doesn't you can always try it with the TRIM modified OROM from here:

Manufacturer: Gigabyte
                  Motherboard Model: GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev 2.0)
                  Bios Revision: FH
                  Bios Type: Award Bios

Oroms Updated:
                  Imtel Raid Rom - 13.1.0.2030 (TRIM support in RAID0 Modified by CPL0)
                  JMicron - 1.07.28
                  Realtek - 2.59
                  Marvell Firmware - 1.0.0.1033

Flash from DOS with Included Flash Utility.

Gigabyte_GA-X58A-UD3R_(Rev._2.0)_FH_IR13-TRIM_MV1033_RT259.rar
                  Download Gigabyte_GA-X58A-UD3R_(Rev._2.0)_FH_IR13-TRIM_MV1033_RT259.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Either way please post back here with your results so others can benefit from your info.
                  see the above bios Has it got the intel rom with the trim support from the page linked, also notice newer marvel stuff on that page v1.0.0.1038

Comment

see the above bios Has it got the intel rom with the trim support from the page linked, also notice newer marvel stuff on that page v1.0.0.1038
                    Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM v1.0.0.1038 for DEV_9123 (etc.) on that page is a 33KB PCI ROM not a 512 KB Firmware ROM.

Comment

Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM v1.0.0.1038 for DEV_9123 (etc.) on that page is a 33KB PCI ROM not a 512 KB Firmware ROM.
                      The link on that page to the FW is dead. But well am bit confused about the marvell, to what one is modded in to the bios being 2 versions.

Comment

anyone know if GA-Z87X-UD3H BIOS F8m mod has the tweak for running a non-K cpu at full turbo??

THANKS!

SM

Comment

The link on that page to the FW is dead. But well am bit confused about the marvell, to what one is modded in to the bios being 2 versions.
                          Look here:

There is a Link to the Marvell Firmware that is used to direct flash a Marvell 9128 chip,
                          BUT I have No idea if your MB allows that or not.
                          Your BIOS has a 512 KB Marvell FW Module in it and my BIOS doesn't.
                          my Marvell chip requires the chip firmware to be updated directly to the chip, NOT in the BIOS.

Comment

could someone tell me whats been done to G1.Sniper Z87 - F3d-mod in whats updated or added thanks
                            i5 4670k @4.4
                            G1.sniper z87 bios F4-MOD
                            AMD Radeon R9 280X
                            Kingston hyper x 1600 2x4gb-XMP
                            Kingston 120gb ssd
                            Samsung 500gb
                            coolmaster 750w power pack
                            CPU cooler H80 custom by myself
                            windows 8.1 with update

Comment

Any chance someone to mod last f3 bios for g1 sniper z87 to set turbo for all cores to max 3.9 for i7 4771?
                              G1.Sniper Z87 | i7-4771 | GTX 780 WF OC | Barracuda 1tb | 2x8GB Evo Potenza 1866 CL9 | EVO 120gb | M12II 750W EVO Edition | Hyper 212 EVO | XL2411T | R1600T Plus

Comment

Originally posted by luckyboy View Post
                                Any chance someone to mod last f3 bios for g1 sniper z87 to set turbo for all cores to max 3.9 for i7 4771?
                                I have only this BIOS F2, which supose to have all 4 core max turbo (not tested/make by me).

Originally posted by seanmcd View Post
                                anyone know if GA-Z87X-UD3H BIOS F8m mod has the tweak for running a non-K cpu at full turbo??

THANKS!

SM
                                Same as above,I have BIOS F9a , which supose to have all 4 core max turbo (not tested/make by me).

Originally posted by petermk View Post
                                could someone tell me whats been done to G1.Sniper Z87 - F3d-mod in whats updated or added thanks

Look here:
                                Last edited by stasio; 05-05-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X