This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

I will test your moded bios and will report results. Thank you.

p.p I disable HT in bios and trying to update with @bios but can't - ''This motherboard is protected from using this bios. Please download the latest bios from Gigabyte website etc''.
    Last edited by luckyboy; 05-05-2014, 09:55 AM.
    G1.Sniper Z87 | i7-4771 | GTX 780 WF OC | Barracuda 1tb | 2x8GB Evo Potenza 1866 CL9 | EVO 120gb | M12II 750W EVO Edition | Hyper 212 EVO | XL2411T | R1600T Plus

Comment

^To downgrade from F3,
      you must flash with ftp_DOS-Z87.

Comment

I follow instructions without success.

G1.Sniper Z87 | i7-4771 | GTX 780 WF OC | Barracuda 1tb | 2x8GB Evo Potenza 1866 CL9 | EVO 120gb | M12II 750W EVO Edition | Hyper 212 EVO | XL2411T | R1600T Plus

Comment

USB must be bootable to flash in DOS (first boot).

Edit:
          I already try before,as posted somewhere.
          Btw,
          you missing 2 files......AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS
          Last edited by stasio; 05-05-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I made it bootable, but when put files from this archive (ftp_DOS-Z87), aks me to replace two files - autoexec.bat and config.sys. Have to replace or not? Any chance to broke something?

I'm reading this post and...this is not good.

Comment

Try to not replace this 2 files.
              autoexec.bat ...is command to flash BIOS automatically....you can also type.....fpt.exe -f bios.bin

Comment

I trying, but without success ''please, press [enter] for english-russian or f8 for english-english etc'' I ''press'' etc - without success. Restart again and boot from usb, press [escape] and ''buffers allocated 001 in tpa 000 in xms''? What is this?

Any chance, to mod f3 bios? I preffer to update with @bios or with qflash. They are reliable.
                Last edited by luckyboy; 05-05-2014, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Finally, successfully update bios to f2-Kmod, but vcore is too high - 1.27. Core vid - 1.25. The default was 1.20 and 1.18 respectively, when run prime95. In bios everything is default, like before, except integrated video - disabled and c1e - disabled.

Comment

^Yea,you overclock (by Kmod BIOS) your i7-4771 to 3.9 GHz............try lower VCore (if can).

Comment

I tried, set vcore manual to 1.10, but when run prime95 voltages incresed too high. I'm reading this is because haswell AVX instructions and perhaps can't do anything about that. Before weeks, tryed to decrease voltages to 1.10 with f3 bios. Test with prime95 and again vcore increased to 1.20, which is default for cpu. Under games is 1.164.

Can I harm mobo or something similar, because update bios so many times, perhaps 6-8-10 times for 2 months?
                      Last edited by luckyboy; 05-06-2014, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Are you using offset or fix VCore setting?
                        Check the temperature...is more important then VCore......

Hehe,don't worry about BIOS flashing........I flashed sometimes 2-3 times a week (if no more....).

Comment

With f2 moded bios, I can change vcore voltage, but offset voltage is gray (inactive).

p.p if set vcore to [normal], offset is active. But i don't know, which values have to set. Very complicated for me. So many options - vrin, vcore, offset, etc. If all is auto is dangerous, perhaps, because voltages increases too high.
                          Last edited by luckyboy; 05-06-2014, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoJuan999 View Post
                            Look here:

There is a Link to the Marvell Firmware that is used to direct flash a Marvell 9128 chip,
                            BUT I have No idea if your MB allows that or not.
                            Your BIOS has a 512 KB Marvell FW Module in it and my BIOS doesn't.
                            my Marvell chip requires the chip firmware to be updated directly to the chip, NOT in the BIOS.
                            As I said in the post before I will leave the Marvell as it is. :) I'm using your bios with Intel Trim..
                            I have been using your modified bios now for 3 days everything seems fine with the Intel and the Marvell controllers from what I can tell.

Thank you for Updating the bios and being Very Helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyboy View Post
                              With f2 moded bios, I can change vcore voltage, but offset voltage is gray (inactive).
                              Will be active if you set VCore to "Normal".......

Comment

Originally posted by TrebleTA View Post
                                As I said in the post before I will leave the Marvell as it is. :) I'm using your bios with Intel Trim..
                                I have been using your modified bios now for 3 days everything seems fine with the Intel and the Marvell controllers from what I can tell.

Thank you for Updating the bios and being Very Helpful.
                                No Problem at all.
                                Thanks for the feedback.
                                I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
                                If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Working...
                                X