This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

I'm trying to Mod the GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 bios with the newer Files. The Intel Raid ROM to V13.0.0.2030, Marvell Raid ROM to V1.0.1.0025 and FW V2.2.0.1125b, and the Realtek Lan Rom to V2.59.
    I checked the Guide on how to mod a bios and understand what needs to be done. I can extract files and put back.

First were do I get the newer ROM's from, Do I Rip them from other bios's?
    I have seen links with some via this site like the Intel Rom is a bin file. but when i check the marvell or realtek they dont seem right.
    Am guessing the marvell raid Rom need to be renamed?
    The FW file is like a boot floppy, I see a bin file inside the RAR file 9123b is that the right file?
    The realtek lam rom is in a .nic file?

thanks for the help so far :)

Comment

Originally posted by TrebleTA View Post
      I'm trying to Mod the GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 bios with the newer Files. The Intel Raid ROM to V13.0.0.2030, Marvell Raid ROM to V1.0.1.0025 and FW V2.2.0.1125b, and the Realtek Lan Rom to V2.59.
      I checked the Guide on how to mod a bios and understand what needs to be done. I can extract files and put back.

First were do I get the newer ROM's from, Do I Rip them from other bios's?
      I have seen links with some via this site like the Intel Rom is a bin file. but when i check the marvell or realtek they dont seem right.
      Am guessing the marvell raid Rom need to be renamed?
      The FW file is like a boot floppy, I see a bin file inside the RAR file 9123b is that the right file?
      The realtek lam rom is in a .nic file?

thanks for the help so far :)
      I updated the FH BIOS here:

Use CBRom v1.15 to look at it/modify it and see what I did (ROMs used) to update it OR just use that one.
      I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
      If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Originally posted by NoJuan999 View Post
        I updated the FH BIOS here:

Use CBRom v1.15 to look at it/modify it and see what I did (ROMs used) to update it OR just use that one.
        I did look in to that bios but the marvell stuff is still not the newer versions. By using that bios to start i will only now need to update the marvell bios.

The download link for the marvel 91xx rom version 1.0.1.0025. in the rar file is a file named 1b4b,9192. is that the right file. also not sure the correct file to replace in the bios
        Next the Marvell FW version Marvell Firmware 2.2.0.1125b, The rar file i download there is many files. like its a self run update via dos. Is there a file there for the main Bios, i see in the CBrom Bios info that the firmware is group rom 17 filename M9123FW.bin

Thanks for the help so far :)

Also i did try your bios but the PC started to be in a boot loop after having the bios running for a day. So i wend back to the mod2 bios in the start of this thread.
        Last edited by TrebleTA; 04-28-2014, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Z77-UP5-TH View Post
          Hi!

Could please update BIOS for GA-Z77X-UP5-TH board, because Bluetooth not work properly. :(

Thanks
          Bluetooth is not built into the board. It operates separately from the motherboard. Update your bluetooth drivers to the latest version.

I'm using Gigagbyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH - MOD10 - F12j (z77xup5th_mod10.12j) which works great. I'm also using it with the PCIE bluetooth card, and a couple of other bluetooth usb adapters (2.1 and 4.0) and all work fine.

Because of these complaints, the author removed MOD10 and replaced with older version MOD9--however, MOD10 works just fine, and if something isn't properly working, then it's likely user error related.
          GA-Z77X-UP5TH, BIOS F12j mod10
          Core i7-3770K @ 4.0GHz + Corsair Dominator 4x8GB CMP32GX3M4X1600C10
          ATI Asus 7950 OC
          Samsung SSD 840 Series 512GB + Seagate 4TB x 6
          RME Babyface Audio Interface
          Lian Li PC-V1110, Noctua NH-U14S, Corsair 860i
          Apple Thunderbolt Display 27" + iMac 2010 27"
          Windows 8.1

Comment

This is a long shot, but does anyone have a modified BIOS for the GA-MA785G-UD3H? My sister's computer can use a BIOS update as even after a clean install, the computer is not running that fast with a SSD (Crucial M4). And I remember TRIM wasn't being used properly back then with AMD chipsets.
            Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.3Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
            Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F16k Beta BIOS
            ASUS RX570 OC 4GB
            Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1600
            Corsair AX750
            Samsung 840 Pro 128GB and Western Digital Red 3TB

Comment

I did look in to that bios but the marvell stuff is still not the newer versions. By using that bios to start i will only now need to update the marvell bios.

The download link for the marvel 91xx rom version 1.0.1.0025. in the rar file is a file named 1b4b,9192. is that the right file. also not sure the correct file to replace in the bios
              Next the Marvell FW version Marvell Firmware 2.2.0.1125b, The rar file i download there is many files. like its a self run update via dos. Is there a file there for the main Bios, i see in the CBrom Bios info that the firmware is group rom 17 filename M9123FW.bin

Thanks for the help so far :)

Also i did try your bios but the PC started to be in a boot loop after having the bios running for a day. So i wend back to the mod2 bios in the start of this thread.
              The Group17 ROM (MV1033.BIN) I added is the newest in BIOS Firmware version for that specific BIOS/MB, Marvell M9123FW 1.0.0.1033.
              The Marvel 91xx rom version 1.0.1.0025 (131 KB) is a PCI ROM and is NOT the same as the 1.0.0.1033 (512 KB) Firmware module.

The Marvell Firmware 2.2.0.1125b is absolutely Firmware that is used to separately flash update a Marvell Chip that does NOT have the in BIOS firmware module.
              It is used for MB's that have a separate Marvell Chip that contains it's own firmware, like the 9128 Chip on my GA-P55A-UD4P.
              Last edited by NoJuan999; 04-28-2014, 02:55 PM.
              If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Can you mod latest f8b for gigabyte z87-hd3?

Comment

Hello,
                  Can I get bios GA-X79-UP4 - F6a with the latest mods/updates? :)

Comment

The Group17 ROM (MV1033.BIN) I added is the newest in BIOS Firmware version for that specific BIOS/MB, Marvell M9123FW 1.0.0.1033.
                    The Marvel 91xx rom version 1.0.1.0025 (131 KB) is a PCI ROM and is NOT the same as the 1.0.0.1033 (512 KB) Firmware module.

The Marvell Firmware 2.2.0.1125b is absolutely Firmware that is used to separately flash update a Marvell Chip that does NOT have the in BIOS firmware module.
                    It is used for MB's that have a separate Marvell Chip that contains it's own firmware, like the 9128 Chip on my GA-P55A-UD4P.
                    On my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 is the Marvell 9128 chip

Comment

On my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 is the Marvell 9128 chip
                      You need to do some research and make sure that it can be flashed with that 2.2.0.1125b Firmware.

The BIOS Modules I added are the newest for that MB/BIOS that I am aware of.
                      Last edited by NoJuan999; 04-29-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Please friend, mod this bios GA-Z87X-UD4H - F10a????

Thanks
                        Last edited by Whiskyn; 04-29-2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

You need to do some research and make sure that it can be flashed with that 2.2.0.1125b Firmware.

The BIOS Modules I added are the newest for that MB/BIOS that I am aware of.
                          In the Gigabyte book and site says marvell SE9128, GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1366 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2.0) Yet have seen marvell 88se9128 with the newer rom etc, are the models the same SE9128 and 88SE9128
                          The only way of knowing will be to try i guess. did look around but hard to find the right google search key.
                          Last edited by TrebleTA; 04-30-2014, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ernani View Post
                            Can you mod latest f8b for gigabyte z87-hd3?
                            Originally posted by Whiskyn View Post
                            Please friend, mod this bios GA-Z87X-UD4H - F10a????
                            Thanks
                            Added in post #3489.

Originally posted by Bad Habit View Post
                            Hello,
                            Can I get bios GA-X79-UP4 - F6a with the latest mods/updates? :)
                            http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post270610
                            Previous F6a-mod ,updated with latest ROM's:

GA-X79-UP4 - F6a-newmod
                            Last edited by stasio; 04-30-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 F3 final is out

Comment

Originally posted by edgarf28 View Post
                                Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 F3 final is out
                                ?

Comment

Working...
                                X