Intel UEFI RAID SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
    Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter 1.0.0.0027 to 1.0.1.0025
    Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS 2137 to 2158
    Intel Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
    Intel Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
    Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.1.1.1 to 2.1.1.5
    Intel Boot Agent PXE 1.3.81 to 1.5.43
    Intel GigabitLan X64 to 5.9.07
    CPU Microcode Pack (Sandy 728 & Ivy 919)
    ME firmware 8.1.30.1350 to 8.1.51.1471
    Modified splash logo 2
    Thanks for taking the time to make this :)

Comment

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by gtitoe View Post
      Can anyone please help me in finding a MOD BIOS for a Gigabyte Intel X48 Board - GA-X48-DQ6 ? Many Thanks.
      virtualfred, can you do your magic on this BIOS please? The latest is F8i.

Specs and manual as well, just in case.
      Last edited by MacG32; 11-16-2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG32 View Post
        virtualfred, can you do your magic on this BIOS please? The latest is F8i.

Specs and manual as well, just in case.

It should be for NoJuan999
        Too late for me... 1h30 am here...

Edit : AHCI ROM is already up-to-date (1.20E), RAID ROM 8.9.1.1002 inside but not sure ICH9R can support newer. But it must require special mod
        Last edited by virtualfred; 11-17-2013, 03:53 AM.
        It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
        Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
        2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
        2nd rig : Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod - Core i5 3470 @4.0GHz - Noctua NH-D14 -
        Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
        Crucial M4 128GB - 2x WD10EALX RAID1 - Dell 2408WFP - Logitech Illuminated & G5
        - Bose Companion 20 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits Legacy
        HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
        Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12
        Gigabyte Modified BIOS & About ME firmware

Comment

Quick question.....I had updated my system with the F12W bios that was posted on Gigabytes page (used Qflash) and it royally hosed my system after that (won't boot up etc). I had saved my previous bios settings and I do have the F11 bios file from Gigabyte but Qflash won't let me load an older BIOS setting. Thought about running the SATA cables to the GSATA / Marvell vs the Intel ones but haven't tried that. I have tried just booting from a Win 7 install disc but going very far down that path results in a blue screen of death. Any suggestions on how to roll back my BIOS/load my previous config? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chive411 View Post
            Quick question.....I had updated my system with the F12W bios that was posted on Gigabytes page (used Qflash) and it royally hosed my system after that (won't boot up etc). I had saved my previous bios settings and I do have the F11 bios file from Gigabyte but Qflash won't let me load an older BIOS setting. Thought about running the SATA cables to the GSATA / Marvell vs the Intel ones but haven't tried that. I have tried just booting from a Win 7 install disc but going very far down that path results in a blue screen of death. Any suggestions on how to roll back my BIOS/load my previous config? Thanks in advance for any help.
            It might be useful to clarify what MB you're talking about ...
            It could be G1.Assassin2 ? Did you tried the last F12x or modded F12x ? Did you load default settings before and after BIOS update (or reset CMOS) ? Did you restored previous saved BIOS settings into newer BIOS (previous settings may be incompatible between different BIOS versions) ?
            To revert back to a previous BIOS, you can use FPT with a bootable USB stick.
            It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
            Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
            2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
            Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
            HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
            Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12

Comment

Originally posted by virtualfred View Post

It should be for NoJuan999
              Too late for me... 1h30 am here...

Edit : AHCI ROM is already up-to-date (1.20E), RAID ROM 8.9.1.1002 inside but not sure ICH9R can support newer. But it must require special mod
              Looks like it doesn't work at all, from the link you've posted. Looks like F8d was the last one to work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG32 View Post
                Looks like it doesn't work at all, from the link you've posted. Looks like F8d was the last one to work properly.
                Yes, for some reason that BIOS does NOT appear to work properly with IR 10.1.
                If you aren't using RAID there really is NO reason to modify it.
                I would Highly recommend you Thoroughly test the Unmodified BIOS before trying the one with ANY updated Oroms.
                Be sure to make and use a RAID array with it using the Intel Chipset, if that works try using the JMicron chip for Raid.
                I can add JUST Intel Raid Rom updated to 10.1 for you to test if you want.

Since I don't own that MB, there is No way for me to test that BIOS.
                I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
                If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Originally posted by NoJuan999 View Post
                  Yes, for some reason that BIOS does NOT appear to work properly with IR 10.1.
                  If you aren't using RAID there really is NO reason to modify it.
                  I would Highly recommend you Thoroughly test the Unmodified BIOS before trying the one with ANY updated Oroms.
                  Be sure to make and use a RAID array with it using the Intel Chipset, if that works try using the JMicron chip for Raid.
                  I can add JUST Intel Raid Rom updated to 10.1 for you to test if you want.

Since I don't own that MB, there is No way for me to test that BIOS.
                  It would be for gtitoe, but I don't know the level of comfort they have with testing. I was just trying to help them out by asking. Thank you and virtualfred for your quick replies and fact finding. You guys are awesome.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for the X79-UD3 F17F Mod Bios Update.

Comment

Chive411, Please flash f12x mod from qflash if you have previously installed f12w, after flashing, wipe out all settings, don't load any saved profiles, the bios is different now,saved profiles will just screw it up, turn off power, clear cmos for 10 mins, pull 1 of your mem sticks to make sure all power as gone from board while clearing cmos, load deaults and reboot back to bios, now the tricky bit is finding the right boot disk as theres a slight bug at the moment where it shows wrong info for hdds etc. Don't play with secure boot if your win7 and especially if your GPU isn't uefi/gop, you wont boot and cant clear the keys by cmos. After you manage to set it up and boot into os, you can flash your back up.
                      Last edited by boe323; 11-17-2013, 10:54 AM.
                      A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

virtualfred, sorry to bother you
                        Could you please make a complete update mod of GA Z68XPUD4 bios u1l?

Comment

Originally posted by virtualfred View Post
                          It might be useful to clarify what MB you're talking about ...
                          It could be G1.Assassin2 ? Did you tried the last F12x or modded F12x ? Did you load default settings before and after BIOS update (or reset CMOS) ? Did you restored previous saved BIOS settings into newer BIOS (previous settings may be incompatible between different BIOS versions) ?
                          To revert back to a previous BIOS, you can use FPT with a bootable USB stick.

Hey thanks for the quick response VirtualFred , my MB is G1.Assasin2. I have not tried the F12X/F12X mod either, I did try a F12w mod I pulled yesterday from this forum but that didn't improve anything. I did reach out to Gigabyte support and they told me run @Bios (since Qflash won't let me rollback to an older version) but I explained to them that can't even boot up to get a command prompt to run @bios (haven't heard back from them). For your other questions, yes i loaded the dafault settings before and after (w/ a CMOS reset). For my previous BIOS (i save as current.bin from @bios when my machine did work) and I used that (latest version of @ Bios) to load F12W from Gigabyte. I'll give FPT a try today (sorry for the question but does G1.Assasin2 board let me boot off of USB? Assuming yes but never tried it with this particular MB). Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chive411 View Post
                            Hey thanks for the quick response VirtualFred , my MB is G1.Assasin2. I have not tried the F12X/F12X mod either, I did try a F12w mod I pulled yesterday from this forum but that didn't improve anything. I did reach out to Gigabyte support and they told me run @Bios (since Qflash won't let me rollback to an older version) but I explained to them that can't even boot up to get a command prompt to run @bios (haven't heard back from them). For your other questions, yes i loaded the dafault settings before and after (w/ a CMOS reset). For my previous BIOS (i save as current.bin from @bios when my machine did work) and I used that (latest version of @ Bios) to load F12W from Gigabyte. I'll give FPT a try today (sorry for the question but does G1.Assasin2 board let me boot off of USB? Assuming yes but never tried it with this particular MB). Thanks again for the help.
                            You can boot from usb yes, but if all you want to do is revert to the older bios, power down, press the bios switch at the back of the pc, load defaults and next reboot keep tapping ALT and f10, it will install your backup to main bios, you can then switch back using the bios switch, or simply force the recovery by holding in the power button from shutdown, hold it in until it switches off, maybe need to do it 2 times so the mobo thinks its a failure. Did you install win7 in uefi or standard?, depending on how you installed win7 you will need to choose uefi or legacy options, could be why you cant boot. Did you use irst or irst-e. ahci or ide?, theres a sata config option, how did you previously install win7, tell your previous settings, maybe we can get it to boot.
                            Last edited by boe323; 11-17-2013, 12:33 PM.
                            A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Why G1.Assasin or Gigabyte High end board are difficult to Flash Back?

My board have no problem with flash back. I can flash back it anytime i want using Qflash
                              Z77-D3H Rev 1.1
                              GA-Z77-D3H BIOS F23a mod
                              Core i5 3570K @ 3.8 MHz
                              Kingston HyperX Blue 9-9-9-24 @ 1.65v
                              Kingston SSD AHCI Mode
                              Two 1TB Seagate
                              ATI 6850
                              850W 80+ Gold PSU
                              Air Cooling
                              Windows 7 x64 SP1

Comment

Originally posted by oile View Post
                                virtualfred, sorry to bother you
                                Could you please make a complete update mod of GA Z68XPUD4 bios u1l?
                                No problem with it

GA-Z68XP-UD4 BIOS U1l mod

Modified with :

Intel Legacy RAID ROM 11.1.0.1413 to 12.7.0.1936
                                Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
                                Marvell 88SE91xx SATA RAID 1.0.0.0027 to 1.0.1.0025
                                Realtek PCIe GBE Controller 2.50 to 2.58
                                Realtek EFI UNDI 2.015 to 2.024
                                Intel VGA BIOS 2137 to 2158
                                Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
                                Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
                                CPU MicroCode Pack (with Sandy 6A728 and Ivy 6A919)
                                ME Firmware 8.0.0.1351 to 8.1.51.1471
                                Modified splash logo 2
                                Last edited by virtualfred; 11-17-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X