This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Sad for you because for me until now whit f21e from ghostearth mod, work well in everything!

Comment

Originally posted by ZzBloopzZ View Post
      Slight issue. I flashed to the modified F21E. Everything works great except when I shut down the computer, Windows will shut down including the display but the computer will still be on with running fan and lights. Even if I wait 5-8 minutes. I have to push the power button to fully shut down.

I have tried various things such as set BIOS to optimized defaults. Also, have latest MEI firmware v8.1.52.1496 and latest MEI v10.0.38.1036 drivers.

Everything else works great! May try flashing to modified F20 BIOS this weekend and see if that fixes anything.

Any suggestions?
      I don't know what you're running, but I always uninstall or turn off (disable any startup programs) except AV, restart and then flash.I use @bios as I've never had a problem with it, enable clear dmi data pool and load optimized defaults after flashing.Whatever method you use, clearing the dmi data pool is essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragondale13 View Post
        I don't know what you're running, but I always uninstall or turn off (disable any startup programs) except AV, restart and then flash.I use @bios as I've never had a problem with it, enable clear dmi data pool and load optimized defaults after flashing.Whatever method you use, clearing the dmi data pool is essential.
        Are you shure about clear dmi pool data? I read somewhere that is better to not do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mseirco View Post
          Are you shure about clear dmi pool data? I read somewhere that is better to not do it?
          No problems as far as I can tell.I actually find the new bios seems less quirky.I've updated from F16 - F18 mod - F20 - F21e - F21e mod, all using the option and some back and forth with no problems.I've installed windows only once since this build is two years old (knock on wood).

Comment

I flashed via qflash. I do not trust Windows based flashers from past experiences.

Dragon, are you using F21e?

I will reflash this weekend using FPT method since I have to update the Intel LAN firmware anyhow.

Comment

Slight issue. I flashed to the modified F21E. Everything works great except when I shut down the computer, Windows will shut down including the display but the computer will still be on with running fan and lights. Even if I wait 5-8 minutes. I have to push the power button to fully shut down.

I have tried various things such as set BIOS to optimized defaults. Also, have latest MEI firmware v8.1.52.1496 and latest MEI v10.0.38.1036 drivers.

Everything else works great! May try flashing to modified F20 BIOS this weekend and see if that fixes anything.

Any suggestions?

Suggestion :

MEI 10.0.38.1036 is the entire package (driver and software), It could be the issue because UMS and LMS service are installed, please try to uninstall your MEI package, shutdown and re-install only the driver 9.5.24.1790
              Intel MEI Drivers v9.5.24.1790 WHQL

Ghostearth

Comment

Originally posted by Mseirco View Post
                DMI data pool is useful when you plug or change new material to your motherboard (Memory, processor........).

Ghostearth.

Comment

And please guys this is the modded bios section, feel free to open new thead for these kind of question, before Sir stasio tell us to do it.

Ghostearth.

Comment

I will reflash this weekend using FPT method since I have to update the Intel LAN firmware anyhow.
                    Could you tell me please how did you update the firmware lan and where can I find the files needed? Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostearth View Post
                      DMI data pool is useful when you plug or change new material to your motherboard (Memory, processor........).

Ghostearth.
                      I allready change gpu and sound Card.. I will reflash whit clear data like a crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by puket View Post
                        Could you tell me please how did you update the firmware lan and where can I find the files needed? Thank You.

Ghostearth.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I have a delicate problem, have been trying to solve it on my own, but don't seem to be able to get to the bottom of this issue...would very much like to ask you guys with much better know-how and BIOS modding understanding/experience to please help me out here!

My specs:
                          Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Rev 1.0
                          Latest F9D BIOS Download Link Here
                          Intel i7-980X
                          Win 7 SP1 Ultimate x64
                          24GB Corsair Dominator 2000MHz

I want to make a RAID-0 array with 2 x Samsung Pro SSDs connected to a couple of my Intel SATA2 3GB/s ports. As you all probably know already...these seem to give a much better performance (hopefully ca 600-700 MB/s in RAID-0) than the added Marvell 9128 SATA3 6GB/s controller also coming with the board which always caps at 400 MB/s.

Now the problem is, that the F9D-BIOS's original and ancient Intel Matrix Storage Manager RAID ROM v8.9.1.1002 does NOT offer any TRIM functionality in RAID-0.

However, there is a modded F9D BIOS version with added RAID ROM v11.6.0.1702 which does pass TRIM command to a RAID-0 array (modified by CPL0).

The specs for above GA-X58A-UD7 (Rev 1.0) BIOS F9d mod are:
                          Intel SATA RAID 11.5.0.1111 to 11.6.0.1702 (modified by CPL0 for TRIM support with SSD RAID0)
                          Intel SATA AHCI 1.20E
                          Realtek LAN 2.45 to 2.58
                          JMicron ROM 1.07.28
                          Marvell BIOS Version 1.0.0.1033 / Firmware 2.2.0.1125

This modded BIOS is readily available here at tweakdown.com, and DOES support TRIM in RAID-0 with SSDs on Intel ports....however, the problem with this mod is, that its RAID ROM module made by CPL0 is an older based tweak with some annoying bugs and problems, which for instance simply messes the Marvell controller up completely on some X58 based boards, forcing the user to basically disable the Marvell controller alltogether in BIOS to avoid getting BSODs. This is very bothersome for me personally as I at least need to be able to use my Marvell SATA ports as a regular data back-up ports with a couple of HDDs. I simply can not be without them

So CPL0 did remake his Intel RST RAID ROM mods supporting RAID-0 some time ago, all his mods then became much more refined, only altering the ICHARAID.BIN module in the BIOS ROM, leaving all other modules untouched.

My Gigabyte BIOS is based on "Award Systems", but despite a lot of effort during the last couple of days using either CBROM32_198 or CBROM_155 tools, I have NOT been able to make a successful insertion of CPL0's new modded Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 into my 9FD BIOS rom file. This "X58AUD7_mod_F9D.zip" file (link above), is simply the new modded ACHRAID.BIN module which is supposed to be renamed to "ICHARAID.BIN" after downloading and replace the F9D's original ICHARAID.BIN module.

But for some reason, no matter how hard I try to either simply insert this new module to write over the old one, or first deleting/releasing the existing one and then inserting the new module, when then attempting to flash the new BIOS image file using Q-Flash, I just get "Not Valid BIOS Image". Furthermore, my knowledge with using a Hex Editor literally equals zero...

There is no mention of the modded BIOS file being of the wrong size or anything like that when being flashed...but Q-Flash simply won't recognize the end result as a valid BIOS file.

Here's CPL0's new modded RAID ROM (win-raid.com):
                          Universally TRIM modified Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 with TRIM in RAID0 support

There is however a mention of some requisites for this to work properly, like "having the BIOS modules in a specific order so that the entrypoints of them in the BIOS seen with Hex Editor will be the same" and "need for a dummy file to compensate for the size difference between the original & the modded ICHARAID.BIN resp." at this link to read about. That information is kinda too complicated for me to understand I'm afraid.

At this point I feel as if combining the F9D BIOS with CPL0's Universally TRIM modified Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 (link above) for me is kinda taking water way over my head...I can not make this mod in a proper way, So I really do need help from someone with much more experience in this area to help me out :) Also, I really DO need this specific modified Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 version as it's supposed to offer the best compatibility with the required Intel RST software needed and for maximal stability + the supporting TRIM in RAID-0 which I desperately need...

Could any of you guys be kind enough to please take a look at this issue and see whether it's possible to mod the F9D BIOS (link at the beginning of this post) with this modified Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 to make it work? I would appreciate it a lot

Just want to also add that the older modded F9D BIOS with RAID ROM v11.6.0.1702 which was based on CPL0's older modding method actually DID flash into my BIOS successfully...but with the side effect of rendering my Marvell controller basically useless, whereas the newly modified Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 version has been tested and is reportedly working very smoothly with Intel X58 based motherboards (used and witnessed by other users)...although I have no information about whether a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 Rev 1.0 mobo with a F7 or F9 BIOS, is also being supported or not....since there is no complete F9D BIOS with this newer RAID ROM v11.6.0.1702 to find anywhere.....only the modded RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 module to be incorporated into BIOS.

Finally, great site, great place, I'm hooked here for good!

Many thx in advacne ;)
                          Last edited by Bittornado; 02-26-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Manufacturer: Gigabyte
                            Model: GA-X58A-UD7 Rev 1.0
                            Bios Type: AWARD
                            Bios Revision: F9D Beta

ROMS Updated:
                            Intel Raid Rom 11.2.0.1527 (modifed by CPL0 for TRIM Support)
                            JMicron ROM: 1.07.28
                            Realtek PXE: 2.58
                            Marvell Raid 1.0.0.1033

Flash from DOS with Included Flash Utility.

Gigabyte_GA-X58A-UD7_(Rev_1.0)_F9d_R11.2-Trim.rar
                            Last edited by NoJuan999; 02-28-2015, 03:40 PM.
                            I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
                            If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Originally posted by NoJuan999 View Post
                              Manufacturer: Gigabyte
                              Model: GA-X58A-UD7 Rev 1.0
                              Bios Type: AWARD
                              Bios Revision: F9D Beta

ROMS Updated:
                              Intel Raid Rom 11.2.0.1527 (modifed by CPL0 for TRIM Support)
                              JMicron ROM: 1.07.28
                              Realtek PXE: 2.58
                              Marvell Raid 1.0.0.1033

Flash from DOS with Included Flash Utility.

Gigabyte_GA-X58A-UD7_(Rev_1.0)_F9d_R11.2-Trim.rar
                              https://www.sendspace.com/file/81wygz
                              @NoJuan999:

Mate, it worked LIKE A CHARM at the first attempt and BIOS was updated to the desired version :)
                              THANK YOU!!! Thank you sooooo much for your help, I truly really appreciate this
                              I've been banging my head against a wall for almost a week, and pulled out half my hair, without success!
                              I am for ever in debt to you sir :)

Would you mind me asking how you did this mod?!
                              I'm trying to learn a bit more about this...if that is not too much trouble, would you mind giving me some tips to what tools to use and how to set up the modding process in this case?
                              Using cbrom32_198.exe I noticed that you successfully had the new ICHRAID.BIN module in the correct place/order in the BIOS image, something I never managed to accomplish at all :)

How did you do that?!

Again, thank you a million times!

Best Regards,
                              -Bittornado
                              Last edited by Bittornado; 03-02-2015, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Issue has been resolved!

I uninstalled the MEI v10.0.38.1036 drivers that I was using. Restarted the computer, then installed v10.0.30.1054 WHQL. Computer now shuts down instantly, like normal. Verified by shutting down 5 times.

I read somewhere on win-raid forums that for our X79 boards just needs the basic MEI driver. MEI v10.0.38.1036 is the full driver packing which includes the UNS/LMS drivers/services which is not needed.

To clarify, Ghostearth's modded F21E for X79-UD3 works great! Just be sure to use it along with MEI v10.0.30.1054.

Comment

Working...
                                X