Modified splash logo 2
    I have question for you What want you to say by BIOS F7 "mod 3"

Comment

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by Topp44 View Post
      I have question for you What want you to say by BIOS F7 "mod 3"
      Because it's the third mod of course

Originally posted by cookieboyeli
      Are there any modded/beta bioses from 990FXA UD3 Rev 4.0? I can only find F2...
      Sorry but i don't know how to mod it.

Originally posted by markz_xoka View Post
      Can someone please post a ModBios for X58A-ud7 rev1, with all the latest everything (roms)...please!
      The one listed is not updated! Please!
      Initially modified by Lsdmeasap, i just replace RAID ROM and LAN ROM.

GA-X58A-UD7 (rev1) BIOS F9d mod

Modified with :

Intel SATA RAID 11.5.0.1111 to 11.6.0.1702 (modified by CPL0 for TRIM support with SSD RAID0)
      Intel SATA AHCI 1.20E
      Realtek LAN 2.45 to 2.58
      JMicron ROM 1.07.28
      Marvell BIOS Version 1.0.0.1033 / Firmware 2.2.0.1125

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap
      ^^ Set Marvell Firmware Setting mode in BIOS to "Force" Flash to update, after loading optimized and rebooting back to BIOS. Then on next reboot Marvell Firmware will be updated before windows loads (On the IRQ Screen you'll see it at the top of the page) ^^
      Last edited by virtualfred; 12-09-2013, 02:33 AM.
      It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
      Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
      2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
      2nd rig : Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod - Core i5 3470 @4.0GHz - Noctua NH-D14 -
      Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
      Crucial M4 128GB - 2x WD10EALX RAID1 - Dell 2408WFP - Logitech Illuminated & G5
      - Bose Companion 20 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits Legacy
      HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
      Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12
      Gigabyte Modified BIOS & About ME firmware

Comment

Originally posted by virtualfred View Post
        Because it's the third mod of course
        Ok i stop joking In the website of gigabyte, the F7 was not mod 3 ecact ?
        Last edited by Topp44; 12-09-2013, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Did you tried to flash main BIOS with backup BIOS with press and hold Power on boot ?
          Yes, it wouldn't flash. I literally tried everything I could think of. Ended up RMAing the board. This is why I'm hoping to find someone else using that bios. I want to use the modded bios when my new one comes in, however not if theirs any risk of repeating this scenario at all.

If a modded bios is going to cause an issue it would be instant/immediate upon flashing? it's not something that could manifest later right?

Comment

Hi guys,

I've posted a mod request for Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P here:

But maybe this thread is the better place for it. Is there an expert who can try it? I provide my board for testing.

Cheers,
            Bernhard

Comment

OK I've done the Intel RAID ROM mod for Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P F2i myself. So far, it works rockstable on my motherboard.

The result is here:

Acebmxer, feel free to include it in the list on your first post.

Cheers,
              Bernhard
              Last edited by berno444; 12-09-2013, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks, added in OP

Why did you put Realtek LAN ROM 2.57 while latest is 2.58 ?
                It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
                Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
                2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
                Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
                HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
                Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12

Comment

Thanks, added in OP

Why did you put Realtek LAN ROM 2.57 while latest is 2.58 ?
                  Oh I missed that there's already a newer version 2.58 from Realtek. I guess, at the speed Realtek is releasing driver and ROM-Updates, one can't always be up-to-date :D

BR, Bernhard

Comment

I have a question. I would like to know is it possible to edit BIOS UI graphics on x79 or z77 bioses ? They look like crap. I wonder why Gigabyte does not use the z87 UI in newest z77 and x79 BIOS?

Comment

Originally posted by xplode View Post
                      I have a question. I would like to know is it possible to edit BIOS UI graphics on x79 or z77 bioses ? They look like crap. I wonder why Gigabyte does not use the z87 UI in newest z77 and x79 BIOS?
                      Yes, what about adding the new UI that replaces the 3d bios?, surely its possible?.
                      A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Hello,

can anyone please update the latest Award-BIOS F12 for the GA-Z68X-UD3H ?

I know that there is an updated UEFI-Version already, but I want to stick with the Award-BIOS because I use this BIOS extension that allows me to enter ATA-passwords for my harddisks, use ATA secure erase and so on (added by myself to F12). AFAIK there is no similar extension for UEFI.

In the latest AWARD-BIOS from Gigabyte, the VGA-ROM ist very old and the ME-Firmware has V7. I already tried to flash to V8 as administrator, but the flash-tools gave me errors. It was only possible to update to a slightly newer Version of V7, and this worked only if the flash tool had also V7:

There are some recent modules and VGA-BIOS-files posted here:

Actual PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)

The most important changes to me would be the new Intel VGA ROM v2158 for Ivy-Bridge, newer CPU microcode (if available) and the ME firmware V8.
                        However, there are rumors that Gigabyte's Award-BIOS would not work with ME V8, which is the reason why the did not include a V8 ME in newer versions of the Award-BIOS and released an AMI UEFI with ME V8 instead later. But I do not know if this is true.

But if it turns out to be true, then it might even be necessary to have an F12-BIOS with everything updated but ME-Firmware left at the latest V7 in case a version with everything updated and ME-Version at the latest V8 does not work.

Maybe I would have tried it by myself, but the problem is that the VGA ROM ist above MINIT module and I read in a tutorial that you have to be very careful what you are doing when this is the case. Integration of newer ME firmware into the BIOS looks even more difficult to me.

Thank you for any help!
                        Last edited by el-sahef; 12-10-2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

@VirtualFred,

Sorry to ask if this common Knowledge for the modded bios. If I apply a modded bios say f8b mod2 to my z87x-ud4h and later apply a regular official release from Gigabyte, will it over write everything(modded additions). Nothing left behind. I know on Asus and Intel some info remains like whitelist instructions and slic etc.

Z87x-ud4h
                          core i5 4670k
                          ripjaws 16gb ddr3
                          corsair 850 psu
                          AMD 7870 gpu
                          256gb ssd Samsung
                          4tb WD Black
                          lian li case
                          i7 8700k - z370 Asus Rog maximus 10 hero(wifi) (soho)
                          G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB
                          Corsair PSU, 1
                          080Ti EVGA
                          960 Samsung Evo , 2 WD Black Storage.
                          Builds - Z97x-Gaming 7(media center) . Gigabyte x399 - Gaming 7 Threadripper 1950x (workstation)

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by boe323 View Post
                            Yes, what about adding the new UI that replaces the 3d bios?, surely its possible?.
                            I don't think so, Z87 BIOS file are 16MB while Z77 are 8MB... it needs a complete new BIOS but i don't think there's enough space for it.

Originally posted by el-sahef View Post
                            Hello,

can anyone please update the latest Award-BIOS F12 for the GA-Z68X-UD3H ?

I know that there is an updated UEFI-Version already, but I want to stick with the Award-BIOS because I use this BIOS extension that allows me to enter ATA-passwords for my harddisks, use ATA secure erase and so on (added by myself to F12). AFAIK there is no similar extension for UEFI.

In the latest AWARD-BIOS from Gigabyte, the VGA-ROM ist very old and the ME-Firmware has V7. I already tried to flash to V8 as administrator, but the flash-tools gave me errors. It was only possible to update to a slightly newer Version of V7, and this worked only if the flash tool had also V7:

There are some recent modules and VGA-BIOS-files posted here:

Actual PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)

The most important changes to me would be the new Intel VGA ROM v2158 for Ivy-Bridge, newer CPU microcode (if available) and the ME firmware V8.
                            However, there are rumors that Gigabyte's Award-BIOS would not work with ME V8, which is the reason why the did not include a V8 ME in newer versions of the Award-BIOS and released an AMI UEFI with ME V8 instead later. But I do not know if this is true.

But if it turns out to be true, then it might even be necessary to have an F12-BIOS with everything updated but ME-Firmware left at the latest V7 in case a version with everything updated and ME-Version at the latest V8 does not work.

Maybe I would have tried it by myself, but the problem is that the VGA ROM ist above MINIT module and I read in a tutorial that you have to be very careful what you are doing when this is the case. Integration of newer ME firmware into the BIOS looks even more difficult to me.

Thank you for any help!
                            Sorry but I'm much more comfortable with UEFI and i don't know if VGA ROM can be replaced in Award BIOS... also i suppose UEFI BIOS is necessary to support ME FW 8****.

Originally posted by TicTacToe View Post
                            @VirtualFred,

Sorry to ask if this common Knowledge for the modded bios. If I apply a modded bios say f8b mod2 to my z87x-ud4h and later apply a regular official release from Gigabyte, will it over write everything(modded additions). Nothing left behind. I know on Asus and Intel some info remains like whitelist instructions and slic etc.
                            e

Comment

Sorry to ask this here but how on earth do I unsubscribe from getting emails from TT forums? Everything that is posted here and in another thread is emailed to me regardless of settings and unsubscribing just redirects me to the home page. I don't want to put this in spam but I've gotten 10 emails today and yesterday. I have no idea where else to ask this either (off topic, sooooryyy)

Comment

X79-UP4 F5e disables SLI support, rolled back to F5b no problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X