This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

The bios for Z87X-UD5H F7 MOD3 is the same one as that of F8C. All these bios are versions beta?

Comment

I have GA-z77-ud3h motherboard and i update my bios to 20c...
      I put my settings which worked in F19 bios and now
      my computer not boot. USB devices is powered and then power is lost and power comes off and on...
      computer not boot in bios at all...?

Comment

My setting what it put in bios... What is wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Harri Rintala View Post
          I have GA-z77-ud3h motherboard and i update my bios to 20c...
          I put my settings which worked in F19 bios and now
          my computer not boot. USB devices is powered and then power is lost and power comes off and on...
          computer not boot in bios at all...?
          Welcome to the forum.

While power off, power cord unplugged:
          Reset CMOS (little black button in the corner of the motherboard next to power yellow button). Hold it for 30 seconds.
          Boot
          In BIOS load optimized settings (F7) ...save and reboot
          In BIOS...make your adjustments
          CSM Support at "Always"
          In "Boot mode selection" set it at "UEFI and Legacy"
          Is your windows is installed in UEFI mode (GPT partition)?

...save... Reboot

Should work ...if not ...tell us back.
          Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
          GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
          16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
          OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server
          Other interface: Pangolin QM2000.NET Lasers controller

Comment

Not boot.. power comes to usb devices, but no picture in my displays..
            do I have to set a clear cmos jumper??
            I have windows in gpt partition ...

once it was the same sort of problem and I had to take off the GTX680 graphics card
            and put the VGA connector on the motherboard. then it work and the image show in my display...

This issue is allways in 20c bios... not 19 or above...

edit: i take gtx680 off then it boots in bios. I put uefi and lecasy setting and boot... same issue, no pic and
            usb devices goes off and on... earlier was same issue, and only helped that i put F19 bios...
            Last edited by Harri Rintala; 12-12-2013, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Not boot.. power comes to usb devices, but no picture in my displays..
              do I have to set a clear cmos jumper??
              I have windows in gpt partition ......
              Each time you change/flash new BIOS clear CMOS.
              Yes Clear CMOS....no jumper needed...small black button (see previous post)
              Then load optimized settings (F7) save...reboot...then adjust BIOS settings (CSM support ,....)

once it was the same sort of problem and I had to take off the GTX680 graphics card
              and put the VGA connector on the motherboard. then it work and the image show in my display...

This issue is allways in 20c bios... not 19 or above...
              F20C fully support Windows 8 ...not sure about F19 ..this is probably why.

Is it that kind of problems:

If yes...be sure to enable CSM support and Boot mode selection at UEFI and Legacy unless you find a GOP vBIOS for your video card as stated in the previous link.
              Disable Secure Boot also.

It will be very appreciated if you post back in:

Or you start a new thread
              Since this forum is for modded BIOS.
              Please post back ....Many thanks
              Regards
              Last edited by Teddybehr; 12-12-2013, 06:09 PM.
              Board: GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 BIOS: 20e modded CPU: Intel i5-3570k Memory: Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 4X4GB @1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1T
              GPU: EVGA GTX 980 FTW SSD: Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 256 GB (Addonics 4x card interface) , Intel 730 240 GB, Samsung EVO 840 240 GB X2,
              16 TB iSCSI 2XRAID0 2XRAID1 (Hitachi HDD, LUN) QNAP TS-469L PSU: Seasonic X-1250 KB:Log. G110 Mouse: Log. G502
              OSes: Win 8.1 x64 UEFI/Win 7 x64 UEFI Dual Boot VM: K Linux, OSX Leopard, Win 10, Win XP, HP Integrity (rem), Whonix Other: HP Proliant server

Comment

Ok, now it boot...
                I flash bios again, same F20c whitout gtx680, then install gtx680 back
                and now i didnt install keys in bios.
                No watermark info in desktop... yes.. :)
                Thanks for good support and very fast answer... :)

this is my setting now:

Last edited by Harri Rintala; 12-12-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Now do I have to update the intel managment engine drivers?
                  Or what drivers is good to update in windows?

How i copy this bios in second bios whats in my motherboard...? that dont boot eater...
                  or do i have to flash that same way?
                  Last edited by Harri Rintala; 12-12-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Now do I have to update the intel managment engine drivers?
                    Or what drivers is good to update in windows?

How i copy this bios in second bios whats in my motherboard...? that dont boot eater...
                    or do i have to flash that same way?
                    You're welcome. Glad it worked.

If you want a GOP vBIOS for your MSI GTX 680 in order to disable CSM support, enable secureboot and fastboot (once the GOP vBIOS in place) you can go there:

Meanwhile,

If you want the latest BIOS with the latest firmware (thanks to VirtualFred) you go there:

In your case it will be:
                    z77xud3h_mod6_20c
                    Flash BIOS, Clear CMOS and put back your settings like you did.

I would not recommend it but if you want the same BIOS version on the secondary BIOS the safest way is to boot FROM the secondary BIOS and use Qflash to flash the version you want into the secondary BIOS.
                    Then come back (switch) to your primary BIOS.

If you want the latest driver (thanks to our master Stasio) you go there:

Be sure to pick the right ones depending on your configuration (including CPU type).

Hope it helps.

Thanks
                    Last edited by Teddybehr; 12-12-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Fastboot isn't working in F20C(Z77X-UD3H).Also, how do you switch from primary bios to seconady ?
                      Last edited by CautionEL; 12-13-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Hello people glad to have find you, I'm new to this forum.
                        Because of the many many pages and i do not know where to search, and i did searched, i will be straight froward with my question.

Does this Modified Bioses have in Raid0 trim support for SSD? I have Gigabyte p67a-ud3-b3, I have to flash from f9 bios to u1d (i belive this is the bios for my motherboard, cause in the first page it sas just ga-p67a-ud3 without b3.) So my question is does this moded bios support trim in raid0 ssd?
                        Oh and from f9 to u1d wont flash with qflesh, should i use bootable usb. Thank you.

Comment

@virtualfred

Mind making a mod of X79-UD5 BIOS F14a? I'm getting curious... <g>
                          Let'ss ee if I am getting problems when using @BIOS and deleting the DMI pool from the start.

Comment

Hey there virtualfred. Would you mind updating this BIOS, GA-X79-UP4 - F5, with all the latest and greatest please? Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by vlavot View Post
                              Hello people glad to have find you, I'm new to this forum.
                              Because of the many many pages and i do not know where to search, and i did searched, i will be straight froward with my question.

Does this Modified Bioses have in Raid0 trim support for SSD? I have Gigabyte p67a-ud3-b3, I have to flash from f9 bios to u1d (i belive this is the bios for my motherboard, cause in the first page it sas just ga-p67a-ud3 without b3.) So my question is does this moded bios support trim in raid0 ssd?
                              Oh and from f9 to u1d wont flash with qflesh, should i use bootable usb. Thank you.
                              C'mon guys help???

Comment

Originally posted by vlavot View Post
                                C'mon guys help???
                                Yes, since August 13 of last year with v11.5.0.1582 or higher OROM, Trim has been enabled for SSDs in Raid0. U1d has v12.7.0.1936.

Comment

Working...
                                X