Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by NiklasA View Post
    Was thinking of buying of buying a GA-P67-DS3-B3 but see there's a rev. 2.0 available as well, does anybody know what was fixed and if I'm better off to stay away from the rev. 1.0 version?

And what's the difference between a GA-P67-_DS_3-B3 and say GA-P67_A_-_UD_3-B3?

The GA-P67-DS3-B3 isn't represented in the BIOS topic, no _DS_ boards are.

Right now I have a EP45-DS3 that I'm happy with so it doesn't feel like the DS versions are bad boards.

And the RAID, is that Intel RAID on the 6GB/s ports?

Is there any difference between the Realtek ALC889 that the GA-P67-DS3-B3 has and the Realtek ALC 889_A_ that my EP45-DS3 has?
    Revesions are not always made to fix anything but rather reduce manufacturing costs.
    You can compare the boards with the compare function on GB site and compare their pictures.
    The UD3 also has 2oz copper PCB.

There are 2 6GB/s SATA ports which of the P67 chipset which can be used in RAID configuration.

Comment

I went with a GA-P67A-UDP-B3 in the end. More expensive than the boards I was looking at first, so a little ambiguous about it since I was aiming for a cheaper solution. Just hoping it will be as stable as my current board.

At least I'll know what to do for a day or two when it arrives. Have had the urge to do a fresh install of Windows 7 a while now but haven't really been able to justify it as the current install works perfectly. I Almost, but only almost, miss the good old days of Windows 98 or Windows XP where you basically had to re-install a few times a year. :)

Thanks for the input, even if I did chose another board in the end.

Comment

@NiklasA
        Are you going to overclock? If not you could go for H67/H61 board which are cheaper.

Comment

Please Guide me for Overclocking Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R

with Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz, FSB 1333 MHz, L2 Cache 4 MB

with Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333 RAM

with GPU:Nvdia GeForce 9400GT DDR2 1024 MB

HDD is Seagate 500GB, in AHCI mode, 3Gb/s SATA, 16MB cache + a 80 GB old connecter Seagate HDD in IDE mode

Display is Samsung LED 1600x600

I am having a normal case with 1 Fan on 1 side and Intel provided CPU Cooler
          My PSU is 450 watt

When I try to play battle field bad company 2 in 1600x600 mode and Overall quality settings as High the game is choked and displays like slow motion and thus I cannot play it. Then I have scale down Overall quality setting as Low and the game is playable now but the graphics beauty of the game is lost.

That is why I want to Overclock my Mother board to give best possible from my GPU & CPU.

As I not done it earlier so can you please guide me which hardware cooling setting & which PSU wattage I am gonna need for my above mentioned setup; If you explain with some example if will be easy for me.

Very very Thanks in advanced..

Comment

• No boot with LSI 9265-8i and p67a-ud7

Hi, I have problems with my new LSI 9265-8i. I'm using right now an Adaptec 5405Z with 4 Intel X-25M G2 in Raid 0 for boot/system/programs. I want to upgrade to this new LSI with sata 3, but I can't boot at all. It starts, some lights in the controller moves and then it shutdown, after a few seconds it restars and always the same. I remove the card and when I get image appears a legend that prevoius boot could not complete because of the oc failure. Well, that's not the case, the case it doesn't boot for this controller and restarts in a loop. I put this card new today, I try on another old machine, on Asus P5K3 deluxe wifi and it doesn't show image either but it get always on. So, this is a bios problem with the gigabyte or a firmware with the LSI? Anyone with a GA-P67A-UD7-B3 board and LSI card? I have lastest F6 bios. Like I never get image from the card I don't know wich firmware version it could have. I already download the last one from August 2011 from lsi webpage, but like I have no image, I can't do anything more.

Comment

Originally posted by admsg4deep View Post
              Please Guide me for Overclocking Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R

with Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz, FSB 1333 MHz, L2 Cache 4 MB

with Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333 RAM

with GPU:Nvdia GeForce 9400GT DDR2 1024 MB

HDD is Seagate 500GB, in AHCI mode, 3Gb/s SATA, 16MB cache + a 80 GB old connecter Seagate HDD in IDE mode

Display is Samsung LED 1600x600

I am having a normal case with 1 Fan on 1 side and Intel provided CPU Cooler
              My PSU is 450 watt

When I try to play battle field bad company 2 in 1600x600 mode and Overall quality settings as High the game is choked and displays like slow motion and thus I cannot play it. Then I have scale down Overall quality setting as Low and the game is playable now but the graphics beauty of the game is lost.

That is why I want to Overclock my Mother board to give best possible from my GPU & CPU.

As I not done it earlier so can you please guide me which hardware cooling setting & which PSU wattage I am gonna need for my above mentioned setup; If you explain with some example if will be easy for me.

Very very Thanks in advanced..
              I think it's the graphicscard that's too weak and not the CPU in this case. 9400GT is a pretty weak card for playing most games. Compare it to the fairly old ATI HD4850 here in Call Of Duty 4:

Geforce 9400 GT reviewed - 2008/08/CoD_4.jpg - PC Games Hardware

Your card gets ~10 FPS and the HD4850 ~35 FPS.

A HD4850 you can get real cheap second hand. If you want to buy a new card it depends on how much you can spend, if you only want nVidia maybe a 560Ti, but it's not super cheap. But it will be like 10 times better than your current card.

If you want an ATI/AMD card maybe the HD6850, nVidia's GTX 460 is also a good card. I would probably go for the HD6850 since it's fairly cheap.
              Last edited by NiklasA; 01-11-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I was wondering if I could connect ssd ocz vertex 3 to a Pci controller Asmedia asm 1061, and set up OS on it?
                Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 rev.1.0, BIOS version F9.
                CPU: Intel Core2duo E8500 3,16Ghz-O.C. to 3.80Ghz
                CPU Cooler: Arctic cooling Freezer 13 Pro
                RAM: OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...b_dual_channel
                Graphics: ATI SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 5670 512mb. GDDR5
                Power Supply: Corsair TX 650w

Comment

Hi,

Two weeks ago I mount a pc.

Components

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 B3
                  Processor: Intel Core i3 2120 3.3Ghz Box Socket 1155
                  Hard Disk: WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA3
                  Graphics card: Asus GeForce GTX 550 Ti DirectCU 1GB GDDR5
                  RAM memory: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3 1333 2x2GB
                  DVD: Asus DRW-24B3ST Grabadora DVD 24X Negra OEM
                  Power supply: Tacens Radix V 650W
                  Red Card: Conceptronic 300Mbps 11n Wireless PCI Card

Problem:

The computer starts up properly, I install OS Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits and drivers provided by the manufacturers CD's (in the CD or the motherboard I use Xpress Install)

Once inside the operating system I sent a reboot the computer, and that at shutdown, when it will turn on again, try to boot but it is restarted again and again until finally boot properly

I'm update BIOS

Change the system restart, the computer was restarted without being shutdown, maintaining constant electric current line during the restart process. (do not know if this change is due to update the BIOS, but I make sure it is due to the update)
                  Everything seemed to work correctly.

Restarts incurred by the operating system GUI seem to work correctly.

But if the computer hangs, I press the reset button (no reboots with the line of constant electric current) and I usually spend the same problem, the computer try to boot but it is restarted again and again until finally boot properly.

I would like to know the cause of this.

If anyone can help me, thanks.
                  Last edited by Eskorbutin; 01-12-2012, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I am asking for help with enabling ACHI to run a SSD on my E45-UD3P as explained in my prior thread below:

Thank You

I had already tried bios F11d which did not help. Any of these other?

Also exactly which setting in bios for ACHI, etc.
                    what I have is:
                    64GB sata II SSD
                    320GB sata II HDD for storage
                    2 sata II optical drives
                    Last edited by kpo6969; 01-17-2012, 06:01 PM.
                    GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
                    i7-4790K
                    Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
                    Asus GTX 970 Strix
                    Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Ocz Vector 150 240GB Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
                    Fractal Design R4
                    Noctua NH-U14S
                    SeaSonic 660XP2
                    Creative Extreme Music
                    U2412M
                    Windows 10 x64 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Eskorbutin View Post
                      Hi,

Two weeks ago I mount a pc.

Components

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 B3
                      Processor: Intel Core i3 2120 3.3Ghz Box Socket 1155
                      Hard Disk: WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA3
                      Graphics card: Asus GeForce GTX 550 Ti DirectCU 1GB GDDR5
                      RAM memory: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3 1333 2x2GB
                      DVD: Asus DRW-24B3ST Grabadora DVD 24X Negra OEM
                      Power supply: Tacens Radix V 650W
                      Red Card: Conceptronic 300Mbps 11n Wireless PCI Card

Problem:

The computer starts up properly, I install OS Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits and drivers provided by the manufacturers CD's (in the CD or the motherboard I use Xpress Install)

Once inside the operating system I sent a reboot the computer, and that at shutdown, when it will turn on again, try to boot but it is restarted again and again until finally boot properly

I'm update BIOS

Change the system restart, the computer was restarted without being shutdown, maintaining constant electric current line during the restart process. (do not know if this change is due to update the BIOS, but I make sure it is due to the update)
                      Everything seemed to work correctly.

Restarts incurred by the operating system GUI seem to work correctly.

But if the computer hangs, I press the reset button (no reboots with the line of constant electric current) and I usually spend the same problem, the computer try to boot but it is restarted again and again until finally boot properly.

I would like to know the cause of this.

If anyone can help me, thanks.
                      If computer hangs, or you can make it hang, please test using only the power button to shut it down and reboot it. I have noticed reset button is an issue on P67!

Originally posted by kpo6969 View Post
                      I am asking for help with enabling ACHI to run a SSD on my E45-UD3P as explained in my prior thread below:

Thank You

I had already tried bios F11d which did not help. Any of these other?

Also exactly which setting in bios for ACHI, etc.
                      what I have is:
                      64GB sata II SSD
                      320GB sata II HDD for storage
                      2 sata II optical drives
                      BIOS version doesn't really matter for AHCI, but I always suggest the latest version so you're good to go there!

To enable AHCI after OS install is easy! Please make the following registry changes, then reboot and enter the BIOS and set the following BIOS settings in the Integrated Peripherals page.

Registry changes (Set before BIOS is set to AHCI)
                      Code:
                      Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 (Win 7 / Vista ONLY)
                      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
                      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
                      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStor[SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000FF][B]V[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]\Start
                      Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
                      SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. AHCI
                      SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Comment

Ok, I think I'm lost. I left nothing in my post hoping you would sell me, are just a tech and thats it. I must have been wrong about this site. Is gygabyte a new company that worked for one of the larger builders? (making a name for themselfs). I bought the board anyway. if I post something that is for support... will you answer?

Thank you for your time,

Bill

Comment

I looked at your other two posts via the following link, and am not sure at all what you are talking about above because none of your older posts mention anything related to your comments?

What do you mean, and do you need help with something? Yes, we can help! If you need help, please feel free to make a new thread in this section and we can help!

Comment

I recently moved to sata 3 ssd namely the force gt 90gb. The Revision is 1.3.3 (newest bios from official site)
                            I own the X58A-UD3R with bios FH. I hooked the ssd on the sata marvel port, enabled ahci and run some benchmarks. Result is, that write speeds top up 250mb/sec and read speeds top up to 380mb/sec. The benchmarking program is ATTO, which i think is highly acclaimed and the industry standard.
                            What do you thing must be done in order to achieve speeds >500mb/sec ?

Your help is highly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by thanoss44 View Post
                              I recently moved to sata 3 ssd namely the force gt 90gb. The Revision is 1.3.3 (newest bios from official site)
                              I own the X58A-UD3R with bios FH. I hooked the ssd on the sata marvel port, enabled ahci and run some benchmarks. Result is, that write speeds top up 250mb/sec and read speeds top up to 380mb/sec. The benchmarking program is ATTO, which i think is highly acclaimed and the industry standard.

I just bought this same drive but the 120gb version. If you want True Sata3 performance then you need a p67/z68/x79 motherboard that has native sata3.

Otherwise if this drive is your boot drive connect it to the intel Sata2 ports and you will see better performance but you wont reach max speed.
                              Main Rig
                              Gigabyte z87x-OC
                              Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                              G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                              Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                              Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                              HiS ATI HD 6950
                              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                              Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                              Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                              Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                              CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                              Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                              EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                              Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                              Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Originally posted by thanoss44 View Post

read this thread,same drive but the 60gb version and running on intel sata3 port,its one of the reasons i switched to a z68,older marvell sata3 ports just arnt fast
                                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X