Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

The "boys" at GB OC Lab..............

new WR..................7186.54 MHz (114.08 * 63) on UP7.
    Congrats guys!

http://gigabytedaily.blogspot.com/2013/04/...t-visitors.html

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Comment

• OKAY! so it's not fixed! just took much longer time, am so tired of this, i don't know where to turn, here or GigaByte :x It almost always happens when I do a backup and then it looks like this

A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume OS.

The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x1000000029fc8. The name of the file is "\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thu mbna ils\c\c34af78b.jpg\zh_TW". (Can be some other file) seem random then it continues...

The backup was not successful. The error is: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. (0x80070570).
      The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x1000000029fc8. The name of the file is "<unable to determine file name>".
      The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned online.
      The file system structure on volume C: has now been repaired.
      Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume4) needs to be taken offline for a short time to perform a Spot Fix. Please run "CHKDSK /SPOTFIX" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell.
      Too many repair events have occurred in a short period of time.
      Temporarily suspending posting of further repair events.

What do I do? can somebody please give me some suggestions on how to fix this...
      Last edited by Blackkatt; 05-11-2013, 03:35 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

If possible to wipe your SSD (not erase)?........
        you can google for wipe ssd (be sure all data will be lost).

You can do with Parted Magic (CCleaner) or any other "Secure wipe" utilities .

And flash (with Q-Flash) to latest BIOS GA-Z77X-D3H - F18d.
        Last edited by stasio; 05-11-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
          If possible to wipe your SSD (not erase)?........
          you can google for wipe ssd (be sure all data will be lost).

You can do with Parted Magic (CCleaner) or any other "Secure wipe" utilities .

And flash (with Q-Flash) to latest BIOS GA-Z77X-D3H - F18d.

Hi there!

Sure I will try that as soon it fails again, but could you please tell me why? as I've reinstalled many many times already.
          I re-flashed again with that bios yesterday but now also selected clear DMI, what ever that was. I also ran Prime95 for 7hours last night no issues.

Comment

Reflash (in future) with Q-Flash,as BIOS must made 2 cycles Off/On to clear all previous data.
            I have also problem with my SSD (corrupted OS, BSOD),until I wipe SSD totaly and install new OS.
            Edit:
            Other then this can be some kind of virus or faulty RAM stick.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
              Reflash (in future) with Q-Flash,as BIOS must made 2 cycles Off/On to clear all previous data.
              I have also problem with my SSD (corrupted OS, BSOD),until I wipe SSD totaly and install new OS.
              Edit:
              Other then this can be some kind of virus or faulty RAM stick.
              Hi!

It's absolutely no virus (if ever present) that virus would have be wiped many times over, i've probably reinstalled like 6 times as of late.
              I've ran prime95 for 7h also ran windows memory diagnostic and none indicate any issues. I also tried that what some other user did
              having the same issue, creating a zip archive larger then my RAM witch is 8GB and then checked for errors.

As for the BIOS flash, all data have been wiped every time. I just secure wiped the OCZ Vector SSD an reinstalled Windows.
              I still don't see how wiping the SSD would/could have any impact? I think If it doesn't come down to faulty hardware there's no doubt in my mind that
              this is BIOS related this is the most logical.

Past experience is that GigaByte takes a while before they can deliver a stable BIOS. It was exactly the same with my previous motherboard GA with the P35 chipset.
              The case involved constant BSOD, which eventually was corrected by a BIOS update (beta of course). I think GigaByte should spend significantly more time to
              deliver a stable and secure BIOS when they release a new motherboard.

Besides this problem, (I say this to better prove my argument on faulty BIOS) there's another issue where the USB ports (on VIA) is disable upon boot.
              (Seem to effect later BIOS after F16)

2 ways to fix that,

1. Reboot and enter BIOS then just save and exit, (the issue may come back later) / yes I said disable at boot, but its possible to enter BIOS then you get no where without keyboard/mouse with extension cord
              2. Plug in a keyboard/mouse with extension cord, login, then remove "VIA USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0096 (Microsoft) then scan for hardware changes, Windows
              will then find all hardware connected to this Host Controller again (the issue may come back later)

I would take BSOD over file system corruption any day! BSOD is way easier to solve/pinpoint. If its not BIOS related where the user has no control. I apologize if I sound rude, am not trying to be.
              Last edited by Blackkatt; 05-12-2013, 04:03 AM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Edit: nevermind, wrong forum.
                Last edited by OldGrowthSalmon; 05-12-2013, 11:03 PM. Reason: wrong forum
                My Hackintosh Rig

Comment

@OldGrowthSalmon

Your thread in the Gigabyte forum is the best place to post questions and seek help.
                  Janus hasn't been a contributor in the forum for quite a while.

There are a few longtime forum members with unofficial ties with Gigabyte, but this is basically a user to user forum with a fair number of members with a lot of experience building, debugging and overclocking systems. In my 4+ years in the forum I don't remember seeing any posts from official Gigabyte tech support people.
                  Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                  P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                  4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                  MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                  Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                  WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                  Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                  SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                  Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                  Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                  Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                  MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                  Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                  win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                  HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                  CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                  E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                  Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                  Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                  HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                  win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

A quick update! So far it seems it was the SSD all along, ppl at OCZ also recommended a secure wipe and today GigaByte confirmed the issue and that is my SSD. Thank everybody

Comment

GIGABYTE motherboards have lowest RMA rate:

We just came across a very interesting article on hardware.fr which examines the RMA (Return merchandise authorization) rates of several PC component segments by vendor. Although the data seems to be restricted to only e-retail, and covers only April 1 to October 1, 2012, it still paints a very positive picture from a GIGABYTE perspective.

- Gigabyte 1.19% (against 1.77%)
                      - ASUS 1.79% (against 2.34%)
                      - ASRock 2.09% (against 1.67%)
                      - MSI 3.05% (against 2.24%)

Compared to the previous period, Gigabyte and ASUS are better, ASRock and MSI worse. Gigabyte is clearly in the lead, while the number of MSI goes above 3%, which is somewhat disturbing. If we look more specifically the rate of return on motherboards LGA 1155 Z77 Express, here's the ranking:

- Gigabyte 1.70%
                      - ASUS 1.87%
                      - ASRock 1.91%
                      - MSI 3.57%

A large part of the high rate of return therefore comes from MSI Z77. All models here are the 5 most revenue models:

- 5.88% ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
                      - 5.59% ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP
                      - 4.94% MSI Z77A-G45
                      - 4.10% ASRock 960GM/U3S3
                      - 4.09% ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

Here cause high overall MSI, the Z77A-G45 is a flagship model of the brand. Without it, the rate falls to 2.03% MSI on Z77 and 2.19% overall. A nasty surprise for us knowing that it is a model that we recommend in particular through our configurations.

Fortunately it seems solved as the following period (sales from October 2012 to April 2013) the Z77A-G45 is 1.45%. For the moment this interval is that MSI is leading the Z77 with 1.33% followed by 1.66% ASUS, Gigabyte and ASRock 1.96% to 2.38%.
                      GIGABYTE Tech Daily: GIGABYTE motherboards have lowest RMA rate
                      Motherboards - The return rate of the components (8) - HardWare.fr

Comment

Hi,
                        I'm kindda new here in TT forums so please bear with me.
                        Just would like to ask for a problem I have regarding my newly bought sniper m3 board. It seems using both discreet and integrated graphics cards results to my new monitor saying "VGA NO SIGNAL" error message can't even go to BIOS or start the formatting process, I've tested this system from my old LCD and a brand new LCD with the same results does anyone experienced this? I've tried the bare specs set-up and the CPU fans spins up, vidcard starts-up but still no video output I've read somewhere here in TT that setting vidcard on the lowest pcie slot may do the trick so I'll give it a try after I come home from work. I also tried removing all RAMS and powered-up and no beeps (Now I'm getting pretty scared that maybe the mainboard has problems although its still covered in waranty this experience will teach me that one of my favorite parts manufacturer can sometimes fail-- I hope not). My processor, board, and monitor are brand new only my RAM, vidcard and PSU are from my previous build. I'm not a computer techie but I can build PC. Can anybody give me any advice on how to fix this problem or just confirm my suspicion? I've already contacted the store where I purchased this board and processor and anytime this week I'll be returning this to them so they can have a look but ATM I'm posting this plea for help hoping they're is a hidden fix so I dont have to go on a 5-hour one-way drive just to return this parts?

My specs:
                        CPU i7 3770 (stock) with stock cooler
                        Mainboard Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 (stock BIOS for I never even opened the BIOS yet)
                        RAM Ripjaw 4Gb X 2 DDR3 1333 PC3 10666 CL9-9-9-24 1.5v
                        PSU Seasonic M12II 750watts
                        Graphics Card Gigabyte GTS450 1 Gb 128b DDR5 (Factory OC) with HDMI and DVI outputs
                        Monitor ASUS 23" VS239H-P IPS LED/LCD with HDMI, DVI, VGA inputs

Thanks in advance to anyone who could offer help.

Comment

Be sure that everything is connected,video card in top slot PCIEX16 (try without video card also).

For start plug in only one stick of RAM and before you power up clear CMOS for 10 sec.
                          Also you can reseat CPU (check for bent pins in connector) and maybe power up with different PSU.

Try both VGA and DVI connections (hope cables are OK).

Comment

Is there any way to contact Gigabyte with general questions? There's no such option on their web. I just wanted a technical information about a product, and the only way to contact them is through a form where I have to put in serial number of whatever, and my system specs. I don't own it, I want to ask about it! Uuuuuh!

Comment

@Octopuss
                              Try contacting their sales or marketing departments.
                              In another post, I think that I found several American phone numbers and/or email addresses when I clicked on ABOUT US or CONTACT US at the website.
                              My P35 user manual lists quite a few GB websites throughout the world.
                              It also says to go to GIGABYTE (TW) for technical and non-technical (Sales and Marketing) questions.
                              Have you tried GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY (CZ)?

note: my user manual is very old.
                              Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                              P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                              4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                              MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                              Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                              WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                              SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                              Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                              Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                              Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                              MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                              Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                              HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                              CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                              E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                              Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                              Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                              HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Hi all

ive got a slight problem

so ive put my new build all together and ran it up using the built in HD3000 graphics. everything is running perfectly fine

although when i put my sapphire 7850 gfx card in i get no video but the pc still boots to OS, change the dvi cable over to the intel graphics and its working fine again

rebooted and tried changing the Bios to PEG and gen 2 to use the pcie graphics first but still no luck, its like the bios isnt saving the settings

system
                                z77x-d3h bios f16
                                16gb corsair ram
                                sapphie hd 7850 1gb
                                corsair hx850w

I've tested the gfx card on another board and it works perfectly fine, i've installed and uninstalled with no trace of drivers and rebooted but still no luck, cleared cmos and loaded defaults and still the same

anyone have any ideas or is this card just not compatible?

Comment

Working...
                                X