Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by stasio View Post
    Be sure that everything is connected,video card in top slot PCIEX16 (try without video card also).

For start plug in only one stick of RAM and before you power up clear CMOS for 10 sec.
    Also you can reseat CPU (check for bent pins in connector) and maybe power up with different PSU.

Try both VGA and DVI connections (hope cables are OK).
    Already tried reseating CPU, RAM, Graphics card, PSU connections. Also tried changing video outputs from VGA, DVI-I, and HDMI with brand new cables still no outputs. Tried my discreet at the 16x and 8x pcie slot still no luck. I should have gone with the ASUS Gene V in the first place should have save me from this troubles. Well thanks anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
      @Octopuss
      Try contacting their sales or marketing departments.
      In another post, I think that I found several American phone numbers and/or email addresses when I clicked on ABOUT US or CONTACT US at the website.
      My P35 user manual lists quite a few GB websites throughout the world.
      It also says to go to GIGABYTE (TW) for technical and non-technical (Sales and Marketing) questions.
      Have you tried GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY (CZ)?

note: my user manual is very old.
      You were right. I used the non-technical form (even though it doesn't make sense, I wanted technical information) and got a reply today.
      Guess saying Gigabyte's support is useless is huge understatement:

Dear Jan,
      Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, there is only minor components difference between the two motherboards.
      If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.
      Regards,
      GIGABYTE

Like, no **** sherlock. But WHAT'S CHANGED???! Jesus.

Comment

Hello,GIGABYTE Technical Support!
        I have bought your mobo GA-970A-DS3 (rev. 3.0). Bringing it home and assembled it with amd vishera fx-8320 I found that your mobo`s BIOS does not support this cpu. My questions are :

-why GIGABYTE does not make new BIOS version with support AMD vishera 8 cores CPUs Wattage 125W such as fx-8320?

-why GIGABYTE is not loyal to your customers & does not want to keep BIOS of your mobo in actual state?

Comment

Can someone help me?

I have a gigabyte ga x79-ud7, and when i turn it on, the splash screen comes up, but i can't get into BIOS. After a while the black screen with the white, blinking line in the corner comes up, but nothing happens afterwards.
          I've tried to use other RAM, but the same problem occurs. I get the debug led code "2b", which is "memory initialization". And i have no idea what it means.
          I have also a buzzing sound in the power supply. Can this be my problem?

Comment

• Intel HD4000 graphics with 2 monitors - flicker/glitch/black-out issue

Gigabyte support / Stasio / AceBMXR,

I have upgraded my RAM from 2x 4GB Kingtson HyperX Blu 1600MHz kit to 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2133MHz kit.
            I am overclocking the CPU, GPU and RAM - system is running stable and temps are OK.
            See my signature for complete system details.

Up until this upgrade, my system ran smoothly without issues.
            However, now when playing video, a very quick flicker/glitch/black-out appears on both of my monitors every now and then (seems random).
            Flicker appears also in browser, but less frequently.

I've contacted Intel support, as I thought there might be an issue with the Intel graphics driver or Intel SVGA FW in BIOS.
            Here's a link to the post I made there with full description of the system and problem: INTEL COMMUNITY
            As I searched for a solution, I found someone suggesting changing the GPU voltage from AUTO to 1.00V.
            An Intel rep suggested the following:
            This issue is a BIOS issue specifically with the Memory Reference Code (MRC) version 1.4.0.0 or older.
            Please contact your system or motherboard manufacturer for a system BIOS update for your system or motherboard that includes MRC 1.5.0.0 or newer.
            If you have a system with 2 or more memory modules and are comfortable with removing all but one of them so that your memory is in single channel mode, try and remove all but one of them and the issue will go away.
            This can be used as a workaround until you are able to update your system BIOS from your system or motherboard manufacturer that includes MRC 1.5.0.0 or newer.
            I'm using BIOS F16c mod3 made by Stasio.
            UPDATE: Now updated to BIOS F16c mod4, but still flickering appears when playing video.

Does this BIOS contain MRC 1.5 or newer?
            Should I change the GPU voltage to 1.0V?
            Any other suggestion?

NOTE: As I've seen on the CanardPC forum, memtest 5.0 RC1 and memtest 5.0 posted by Stasio are both buggy and not reliable. Developer is MIA for a few months now.
            So I'm not going to use memtest for testing this 16GB RAM kit. I have used the built-in Memory Diagnostic of Windows 7, and it didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.
            Last edited by ericgl; 07-11-2013, 10:57 AM.
            GA-Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0
            BIOS F16c mod with UBU 1.37
            Intel MEI FW v8.1.65.1586 + MEI driver v11.0.0.1166

2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 @ 1632MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T, 1.65V, Dual channel +

2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 @ 1632MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T, 1.65V, Dual channel (24GB total)

i5-3570K @ 4.5GHz @ 4 Cores (BCLK 102.26MHz, x44 multiplier) - air cooled.
            Max Intel XTU Score: 780
            Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64 en-US
            Antec VP450P 450W PSU (4+4 power for CPU)
            1x LG IPS236 23" LCD monitors (DVI) running at 1920x1080.
            1x Dell U2713H 27" LCD monitor (miniDP) running at 2560x1440.

Comment

Can someone help me?

I have a gigabyte ga x79-ud7, and when i turn it on, the splash screen comes up, but i can't get into BIOS. After a while the black screen with the white, blinking line in the corner comes up, but nothing happens afterwards.
              I've tried to use other RAM, but the same problem occurs. I get the debug led code "2b", which is "memory initialization". And i have no idea what it means.
              I have also a buzzing sound in the power supply. Can this be my problem?
              Any chance to replace PSU?
              Will be more helpfull ,if we know your detailed specification.

Originally posted by ericgl View Post
              Gigabyte support / Stasio / AceBMXR,
              Are you still have your old RAM?
              What is your GPU voltage in AUTO?
              Try to replace 2 RAM sticks in same or different channel (check if RAM contacts is clean).
              Other then Memtest86+,you can test your RAM also with Memtest86 v4.3.0 (DOS) or MemTest 4.0 (Windows).
              Last edited by stasio; 07-13-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Hi I need some help with a h61ma-d3v rev 2.1
                Upgrading my htpc. I had an asus p8h61-m lx3 but had issues running 2 digital now picex1 quad tuner cards.

I had to upgrade to F6 bios as system would not post with a g210 gpu and 3 x digital now pciex1 quad tuner cards.

After gettings windows installed I cannot find the ahci sleep settings in bios. The manual says its there but it isn't. I even downgraded to F5 and still can't find it?

Help

Comment

It's hard to say ......any S3 in BIOS (manual) Peripherals or Power Management.

Edit:
                  Try to press CTRL+F1 in BIOS .......maybe old fashion BIOS......hidding additional setting.
                  Last edited by stasio; 07-13-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post

Are you still have your old RAM?
                    What is your GPU voltage in AUTO?
                    Try to replace 2 RAM sticks in same or different channel (check if RAM contacts is clean).
                    Other then Memtest86+,you can test your RAM also with Memtest86 v4.3.0 (DOS) or MemTest 4.0 (Windows).
                    Stasio,
                    Here's what I tried next:
                    1. Changed all settings in BIOS to stock speeds - CPU at stock, GPU at stock and 16GB RAM with XMP profile2 1600MHz.
                    All voltages set to AUTO.
                    Booted to Win7, and I still see those flickers/glitches in videos.

2. While still at stock speeds and voltages, I shut-down the system and replaced between the RAM sticks (switched between the two), still in Dual Channel mode.
                    This didn't help. Flickers still show up.

3. I ran a complete memtest and the 16GB RAM passed all tests. No problems at all.

4. I've updated BIOS to F16c mod4, and graphics driver to v9.18.10.3214.
                    Flickers still show up in videos. Also in Chrome browser, but much less frequent.

Next, I will try to work with each RAM stick (pull out one of them), and see what happens.
                    If you have any other suggestions...
                    GA-Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0

2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 @ 1632MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T, 1.65V, Dual channel (24GB total)

Comment

PSU model?
                      CPU socket supply you have 4 pin or 4+4?
                      Any additional monitoring software running in shadow?......did you check DPC Latency for any spikes.....
                      Still got old RAM or sold?
                      Tried 1.0V for GPU?..........

Edit:
                      Try to "google" more.....

Comment

Stasio,

I have just tested each RAM stick on its own (in slot DDR3_1, which is the farthest from the CPU).
                        In both cases, there is no flicker at all. This confirms that the RAM kit is good.

My PSU is Antec VP450P 450W, which is plenty for my system.
                        There is no external graphics card, only Intel GPU used, and only one SSD and one HDD.

CPU socket supply has 4+4 .

DPC latency checked - everything in the green, so no problem.

Still got my "old" RAM, but I'd much rather use the new 16GB RAM kit.

There are many settings in BIOS for GPU voltage, so I haven't touched this setting yet.
                        Which one should I change from AUTO to 1.0V?
                        Here are screen shots from my BIOS and one I took during testing, please advise which one:
                        Testing: View image: system test
                        BIOS 1: http://s14.postimg.org/efuk3pjnl/130714105307.jpg
                        BIOS 2: View image: 130714105329
                        BIOS 3: http://s21.postimg.org/52v4667pj/130714105338.jpg
                        BIOS 4: http://s17.postimg.org/4zowy2phr/130714105344.jpg
                        GA-Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0

Comment

Can you just try to flash BIOS back....F14 or F8.

In HWiNFO sensor page......down you can found GPU Vcore voltage or in AIDA64 sensor page.

Last edited by stasio; 07-14-2013, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Stasio,

Now I'm back to 16GB (both new RAM sticks installed).
                            Also, overclocked the system again (here's a screenshot of AIDA64 mem benchmark).

HWinfo sensors:
                            Top of window - http://s15.postimg.org/vm46izzuj/screenshot_3.png
                            Bottom of Window - http://s15.postimg.org/3ojylk01n/screenshot_4.png

AIDA64 sensor page:

So what do you think I should change in BIOS regarding GPU voltage?
                            GA-Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0

Comment

Stasio,
                              I have an update regarding the flickering issues:
                              No matter what I tried, I couldn't get rid of the flickers using the 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast kit.
                              So I decided "what the heck", let's try adding the older 8GB RAM kit in the remaining 2 slots and see what happens.
                              Since the 8GB RAM kit is rated at 1600MHz @ 9-9-9-24-1T @ 1.65V, that's what I set in BIOS (for the entire 24GB RAM).
                              Then I booted into Windows, and played a few videos....To my surprise, there are no more flickers!

So, even though I'm running at lower speed RAM right now (1600MHz), my system is flicker-free and I have 24GB total.
                              This is probably the best solution I can think of.

Intel (and Gigabyte) should still be looking at the issue, and offer a fix for the "beast".
                              I'll be on the look-out...
                              Last edited by ericgl; 07-17-2013, 02:52 AM.
                              GA-Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0

Comment

I am happy....at least you found "partially" solution for your problem......

Comment

Working...
                                X