Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

no power, shorted the clear cmos for about 7 hours while i was at work, yes tried 1 stick of ram, in any slot(tried with all my ram).

Holding the clear CMOS button with it all also didnt work. Ive tried EVERYTHING i can think of, unless you know a specail way?

Thanks

Nate.

Comment

Floppy ALREADY installed? If not see my PM, otherwise you will have to RMA the board

Comment

Hi,

I am using an ex58extreme for a week now and i am facing some kind of inconsistency about DRAM timings.
        let me expose in details:

i run an i7-920 at 200Mhz baseClock so the DRAM frequencies available are 800/1200/1600/2000/...
        when i chose 1600 i have to chose fix latencies to 8-8-8-21 in order to be able to run DDR3-1600 at 1.68v only.
        if i would run DDR3-1600 at 7-7-7-18 latencies it would require about 1.84v vDRAM, which is to high for i7.

The issue i am facing is regarding tCL and tRAS timings:
        if i explicitly chose 8-8-8-21 in BIOS, the well-known tools cpu-z and sisoft sandra tells respectively my memory is running with latencies 10-8-8-23 and 7-8-8-23.
        if i chose 7-7-7-18 cpu-z says it is 8-7-7-21 and sandra says it is 6-7-7-21.
        alike, when i chose 9-9-9-24 cpu-z says it is 10-9-9-24 and sandra says it is 7-9-9-24....
        the problem is that according the needed voltage to achieve stability, it looks like sandra is the one correctly probing the timings.
        i have tried tCL 11 and even 12 but sandra still shows tCL=7 in these case.
        this is a real problem because achieving stability @ DDR3-1600 with tCL=7 requires vDRAM >= 1.84v which will burn the i7...

i have tried around with misc settings such as perf "standard/turbo/extreme" which doesn't change anything.
        I have tried BIOSes F2, F3 and now F4e which give same uncorrect behaviours.

my obvious questions are:
        why does this mainboard override tCL with much more agressive setting than set ?
        why does this mainboard override tRAS with much more relaxed setting than set ?
        is it the ex58ex behaviour for every ex58ex or do i need my mainboard to be replaced ?
        is there a way to correct this disaster ?

I don't want to burn my i7 for a mainboard that don't know to drive memory the right way.
        If there is no solution i'll be forced to claim for reinboursement.

edit: BIOS F4i solved that issue, timings are correctly applied to ram
        Last edited by grosmulet; 12-04-2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

My new system setup is as follows:
          GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DSR3 (BIOS F10)
          INTEL Core 2 Duo E8500
          CORSAIR TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX
          COOLER MASTER GeminII S
          HIS Radeon HD 4850 IceQ4 Turbo
          ENERMAX PRO82+ 525W
          WD Caviar SE16 640GB
          LG GGC-H20L

MoutainMods Ascension Case
          2 x Scythe SY1225SL12M 120mm Slipstream
          2 x Antec 761345-75080-6 80mm 3-Speed

The ONLY changes I have made to the BIOS so far are as follows:

MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)
          Performance Enhance...................: [Standard]

PC Health Status
          CPU Smart Fan Control.................: [Enabled]

The Problem:
          My new system crashes after playing just about any (recent-ish 2006-2008) game for more than an hour. It does NOT crash after running Prime95 for 24 hours, though.

According to Core Temp, the CPU never really gets above 50 degrees. The GPU doesn't get too hot either (HIS IceQ4). The HDD is okay too.

But once I was playing and Half Life 2, and it started jerking / jolting / massively stuttering, so I quickly exited the game.

EasyTune6 was open at the time, and the CPU temp was only 40 degrees, BUT the SYSTEM temp was 45 degrees.

Could a SYSTEM tempurature of 45 degrees be crashing my system? Any suggestions would be endlessly helpful. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
          Eric

Comment

Comment

@ uzutake_shikaraiya

Please see my reply to your thread here >>>

@ grosmulet & phlogiston

Please both of you guys make new threads and I will help you for sure. I just cannot keep track of who has what in a long sticky thread with many users posting. So please do copy your Posts to a new thread and I will be happy to help.

@ grosmulet

And I was about to suggest some programs like you mention may not be up to date enough for that CPU yet either, but it looks like you got fixed witha Beta BIOS

Comment

I just got my GA-EX58-UD5 motherboard in as well as all my other parts except for one. I have to wait until Monday to get the Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 cooler.

I noticed that the motherboard comes with some type of back plate already attached to the underside. Does that have to be removed before I attach the Noctua back plate for their cooler? If so, how do you remove it? I see no way to remove the back plate that is already on there. Thanks!

Comment

I am not so sure, it does look like it should be left on, and I know a few people using this same setup so I will ask them

In the meantime you can see if they respond quicker then I can >>>
                  Noctua.at - sound-optimised premium components "Designed in Austria"!

Comment

Hi Lsdmeasap!

Oddly, I didn't think to check with Noctua until you suggested it. :-) I used your link to email them and received an immediate response. As this may help other users of this motherboard (or any LGA1366 with a back plate), here is their response:

"The backplate you mentioned is the one that is a standard part on LGA1366 mainboards, because it holds the whole retention mechanism together.
                    With our mounting kit you don't need to remove this plate, you just put our backplate over the backplate of the socket."

So that answers that question! And knowing is half the battle!

Comment

Hi!

I have a good old Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2 motherboard, and 2x1GB GeIL DDR2 ULTRA PC6400 DDR2 800Mhz Dual Channel Kit CAS 4-4-4-12 memory.
                      My problem is, that the memory runs only at CL 5-5-5-18 because of the default memory voltage of the motherboard, and the memory needs 2.1V for CL 4-4-4-12.
                      I have the latest Bios, and tried the Ctrl+F1 options too, but I still can't find the memory voltage settings.

How can I change the memory voltage settings of the motherboard?

Comment

Futsajutke,according to Manual(page 43)..no MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.),only:
                        Frequency/Voltage Control
                        CPU Clock Ratio (Note) [16X]
                        System Memory Multiplier [Auto]
                        Memory Frequency (Mhz) 533
                        With this BIOS configuration,you are unable to change any Voltage or Timing.Try to use CTRL+ F1 at the main page to get all BIOS options.
                        You should see something like this:

It's available also for models 965P with MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.).
                        Btw,latest BIOS is F8c
                        Last edited by stasio; 12-07-2008, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Hi there,

I have a GA-EX58-UD5(rev. 1.0) mboard BIOS ver 6 with an 1100w psu running i7 920 and two BFG Geforce GTX 280 OC PCIe cards.

I'm getting two of the overvoltage warning lights on my motherboard: one at the southbridge, and one up by the CPU it seems. Please help! After the computer would POST and make it to windows, the other lights would go off and only the red one at the southbridge stays on, underneath the video cards. I don't want to risk damaging my system, I know nothing about electricity, and I cannot find any troubleshooting help online.

Help! Please!!

Comment

Have you set your ICH Voltage in the BIOS? That is Southbridge, if you have changed it put it back to auto and see if that helps. If you have not, try setting it to stock or less and see if the light turns off

Comment

A+++++++
                              I have been building mine and friends computers for the last ten years, and without exception this is the best motherboard/cpu combo I have ever used . To overclock to 4ghz all I need to do is set freq & ratio to, "400x10", using default voltage! Incredible!
                              Many thanks to Gigabyte & Intel.
                              This is a wonderful forum.

Comment

PLEASE SET your PLL and Termination yourself!

When overclocked if left in AUTO they are WAY OVERVOLTED!!!!

And set PCI Express Freq manually to 100 now as well or your will corrupt your disk

Comment

Working...
                                X