X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xpress Recovery has trashed my PC

Hi There,

I've come to this forum tearing my hair out. I had a Blue Screen error and decided to run my Windows 7 System Restore to an earlier point before my BSOD. To my horror I have found that Xpress Recovery will not let me boot from my CD. No matter how I set the boot order, or clear CMOS. In frustration I even decided to blow my current OS away and start again, by low level formatting my HDDs. I end up in a permanent loop on reboot that the system wants to start from Xpress Recovery. I even tried a spare HDD that had no OS installed and the system still wants to load this F' ing Xpress Recovery. I thought Xpress Recovery made a hidden partition on the First HDD, but this doesn't seem to be the case as per my previous sentence.

This thing appears to be worse than a virus, I can see no way of performing a clean Windows 7 install if I can't even boot from my DVD. Google searches haven't turned up how to remove it. I have raised a query with gigabyte tech support (and of course no reply). It seems that I now have a totally unrecoverable system. Does anyone know how to kill this thing? If there is no official fix from Gigabyte, this would be tantamount to deliberately sabotaging a system hiding under the cloak of Xpress Recovery being a tool to help protect you against data loss ie a VIRUS!!!

FYI my mobo is a GA870A-UD3.

thanks in advance.

Rod

Comment

• Re: Xpress Recovery has trashed my PC

Hi, im sorry your having problems, i to are having probs, there doesnt seem to be anyone on the other end of this thread. Maybe you could strip down your system, make sure theres no power at all running through your board,then take out the cmos battery, plus cross the connecters on the board where the battery goes and make it so it shorts the +/- connections, keep them connected for about 30 seconds or maybe longer(please before doing this unplug thr power cable and other stuff you have connected to the pc,leave for a min or 2,then press the on button on the case to remove any power in the capacitors, then proceed in unplugging the internals though unplugging the internals isnt really needed) just make sure you have no power what so ever connected to the board then just take out the cmos batt and short out the connecters.If you mhave a cmos switch on the back of the pc please still do it the way i have said,the cmos switch doesnt really work that well.After doing this you must boot into the bios and load optimised defaults and then reboot, then go back into the bios and adjust to your setup. Hope this helps, also i must say this so that i cannot be blamed for things going wrong,PLEASE DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, and also do i little research before hand,although once the power is out of the board there is nothing you can harm when crossing over connections, just dont leave them crossed when plugging the power back in.
      A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Thanks for the reply Boe,

I've done all that, cleared CMOS even flashed to a newer BIOS,nothing seems to clear Xpress Recovery from taking control of the system at boot.

Comment

Im so sorry that theres no one in this forum that will even say hi to you, theres loads of self made experts on this forum but no one seems to want to help, i really dont get some of these people, at least they could give you a few suggestions to try, im not that savy with pc's or there hardware or software, i can only hope that someone will spare a little time for your problem, other than that try to RMA your board, i cant see it being any other issue, there is a few more things i could suggest if your willing and have loads of patients, firstly try and short out the battery connections for more than 2hours(do what i said in other post just do it longer) then one by one gradually add and swap all of your hardware, start with 1 ram module and swap it over each time so you can rule out a ram problem, even swap slots aswell, take everything you dont need out ie, wifi, if you have onboard gpu then take out your graphics card aswell etc, dont connect any optical ifu dont need them(if you do and you have 2 try swapping them aswell,only connect 1)only 1 hdd.dont plug any printers in or extra usb hubs etc.athis is all can suggest you try, it takes patients but if you dont have your pc working now then you havnt lost the ability to use it for a few hours.Again when shorting the battery connections DO THIS AT OWN RISK, make sure theres no power in capacitors or anty power plugged into the pc, you must completely cut any power to it. Last thing while you do this is ring or email gigabyte and start a ticket. Sorry i cant be much help, maybe an expert on this forum will see this thread and decide to help and tell me im full of BS lol. Good luck dude with getting your pc going. For people reading this post for first time, please dont just go and short out your battery connections, please read the previous post that i wrote about unplugging power etc.
          Last edited by boe323; 09-06-2011, 05:52 AM.
          A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support! - Continuous boot cycle headless

I have a GA-Z68XP-UD3 which I'm trying to run headless as a server. It runs fine but the issue is that I am unable to post the OS without a video card in the motherboard or a video cable plugged in to use the onboard video. If I try to boot therefore without a video source attached, the boot sequence just keeps recycling. I assume there is a BIOS setting I haven't found to allow a headless boot but I can't find it. Help!

Comment

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support! - Intel Smart Response and a RAID card

I have a GA-Z68XP-UD3 as well as a Highpoint RAID card installed. Have been trying to also enable Intel's Smart Response using a SSD I have but am unable to get it to work. When the RAID card is installed, the Intel ports fail to reveal the SSD. I have read of similar issues with other Z68 motherboards and assume it will require a BIOS fix. When will that be expected?

Comment

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support! - Intel Smart Response and a RAID card

Originally posted by JJJMMM View Post
                I have read of similar issues with other Z68 motherboards and assume it will require a BIOS fix. When will that be expected?
                It's a question you have to ask GB suppoert. Report it to their support the may not be aware of it.

Just a thought, the build in mSSD is wired with port 5 of the sata controler(I think), and disabled when port #5 is in use, have you tried connecting the SSD to that port?

Comment

• EX58-UD5 rev1 LAN Smart1 question

I am currently running EX58-UD5 rev1 BIOS F13s. Under ESXi5, I was glad to find out that Realtek NIC is functional now. However, only one nic is detected. Further troubleshooting showed that one nic port has solid orange light lid and blink light, when the same nic cable is switched and plugged into the other nic port, there is NO light at all. I have double checked the bios, the nic port is enabled. In BIOS, smart LAN1 check also failed. Is it there something else that I may try?

Comment

oh yea 8 gig of memory

Comment

I have a 120 GB OCZ SSD Agility III. My Motherboard is GA-Z68X-UD7-B3. From the F8 bios version, if I have activated the intel turbo boost disk performance fairly low, especially in writing. With the F7 version to work correctly, but with F8 and F9 (betas), no.
                      Apparently, it happens to more users, not just in my model of motherboard, if not in others gigabyte.
                      Gigabyte is aware of this?, Going to put a solution?

Comment

• Z68-UD3P re. USB3 Etron compatability with certain devices.

Hi.. just a quick query, regarding possible compatability issues when using the USB 3 ports on my GA-Z68XP-UD3P. (all latest drivers installed)

I've just switched back to using a GB board, after 6 months of occasional boot/hang issue's on my prevous P8P67 Asus mobo. (one of many duped by fancy bios..lol))

Only problem I've had, is what appears to be a compatability issue connecting to the Etron USB3 ports, which seems to have issues connecting to certain devices, ie. either not recognising, or disconnecting when transfering data to my USB3 external usb3 hard-drive. This is actually a Samsung Spinpoint F3 fitted into a USB 3 enclosure case which I notice has a 'INNOS' IS888 usb3 controller fitted.

There are no problems at all when using USB3 flash-drives ect. They work fine on USB3 and all the USB2 ports, so it's obviously a issue with certain USB3 controllers fitted into these external enclosure cases, though I did read that a couple of USB3 controllers such as Asmedia USB3 controllers do work with Etron, so will look for one of those next time.

A search shows that this problem is quite well known with the Etron EJ168 chipset with certain USB3 controllers, as some people seem to be having similar issues. Not a major problem as it does work fine on USB2, but would be nice to have used it at faster USB3 speeds.

One of the problems when buying these external drive enclosures, is often they don't tell you the make of the controller chipset it is using, so a bit hit/miss..lol

Just wondered if your've any comments / suggestions on this ?

Many thanks.... Cameron
                        Last edited by cameron43; 10-08-2011, 03:33 AM.

Comment

GIGABYTE

Please include the latest intel option rom in your next bios update for the Z68XP-UD4 New rom is version 10.8.0.1003

Comment

I am using the Gigabyte 990FXA UD5 motherboard & have updated the BIOS to F7g. The problem I am encountering now is my processor will not throttle down to 800Mhz. It is now always constant at 2.8GHz. Btw, I am using a Phenom II 1055T. I've reset the BIOS settings configuration to default settings & I can't get rid of the problem.

Is the latest F7g BIOS is buggy? Please help :(

Comment

Ok, I think I'm lost. I left nothing in my post hoping you would sell me, are just a tech and thats it. I must have been wrong about this site. Is gygabyte a new company that worked for one of the larger builders?

Comment

Hi anybody can help me? I just got GA-Z68xp-UD4 rev 1.0 with 2500k and 16G G.Skill DDR3 1600 installed, the BIOS is F5. I installed fresh Windows 7 with Marvell AHCI driver, the MB cannot get the external eSATA HD ( Thermaltake BlacX Duet), I tried Marvell driver from Gagabyte 1.2.0.1002, 1010, and the latest 1014, sometimes, in windows 7 device management, I can see the listed Hds, but windows cannot load them, while a Bluescreen. If use microsoft default driver, it works fine, but only can get one driver there ( no port multiplier support ).

Comment

Working...
                                X