Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Can someone please help out with the BIOS settings for this one? I get BSODs on cold boot, memtest gives loads of errors but when the system gets warm (after about 10 bsods) it works great. I figure it's a cpu voltage thing but I don't know.

Core i5 750
    G.Skill [email protected], 1333MHz 2x2gb
    Radeon 4890 1gb
    gigabyte p55-ud3 f4
    corsair 750w
    samsung spinpoint f3 1tb

Comment

Originally posted by spilja View Post
      Can someone please help out with the BIOS settings for this one? I get BSODs on cold boot, memtest gives loads of errors but when the system gets warm (after about 10 bsods) it works great. I figure it's a cpu voltage thing but I don't know.

Core i5 750
      G.Skill [email protected], 1333MHz 2x2gb
      Radeon 4890 1gb
      gigabyte p55-ud3 f4
      corsair 750w
      samsung spinpoint f3 1tb
      G.Skill type?
      Stock/Overclock ?(Da ili ne)
      Last edited by stasio; 11-12-2009, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
        G.Skill type?
        Stock/Overclock ?(Da ili ne)
        g.skill F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH and no overclock please, I just want a stable system with stock settings

Comment

Originally posted by spilja View Post
          g.skill F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH and no overclock please, I just want a stable system with stock settings
          I saw your request on G.Skill forum also.
          Are you running in white memory module?
          Btw,try in the BIOS "Load Optimized Defaults" and "Fail-Save",then see if helps.
          Then try to on cold boot, with only one stick(change if BSOD).
          Try also check with Memtest86+.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
            I saw your request on G.Skill forum also.
            Are you running in white memory module?
            Btw,try in the BIOS "Load Optimized Defaults" and "Fail-Save",then see if helps.
            Then try to on cold boot, with only one stick(change if BSOD).
            Try also check with Memtest86+.
            To be honest I've no idea if I'm running it in the white or in the blue module, I'm not the one who assembled the computer.

I've tried optimized defaults, but I needed to change the ram settings (it was set to 9-9-9-24 and I have 7-7-7-21 memory). Anyway, that didn't help, I still got loads of memtest errors. I'm yet to try Fail-Safe. Also, I can't check one stick at a time, as the whole computer is under warranty and I shouldn't be opening it. I should bring it to the store I bought it in, but I took it once already with an Asrock board and they said that it turns out that the board and the ram are not compatible (which I found out later shouldn't be the case, as G.Skill says the board is compatible).

What I'm really confused about is why memtest fails (and I get bsods and/or restarts) upon cold boot, but after 10mins of restarting the system runs stable, I get no memtest errors and everything works like a charm.

Comment

Please open the PC and look, the memory should be in the white memory slots.

Fail Safe is not needed. Sorry I missed your post until now, please make a new thread with your full specs, issues and settings and I can help!

Get a template from my signature so you can give me your full settings, then I will advise back

Your warranty will be fine if you open your PC, don't be scared of that at all.

Anyway, I bet the ram is in the correct channels you just need to adjust your BIOS properly. That is something PC Builders do not have the time to do, nor would they anyway without an additional charge. They simply put it together and leave everything on auto, this is not going to be stable. You need to set several things yourself manually.

Also be sure you are using the correct and latest Memtest86+
              Memtest86+ is an advanced, free, open-source, stand-alone memory tester for 32- and 64-bit computers (UEFI & BIOS supported)

Comment

I've been using the EP45-UD3P for the last few months and have been thoroughly impressed. Recently a small irritation has developed whereby the power LED on my case has started flashing on and off every 5 seconds after booting up regardless of activity. I have made no new changes to my system and am curious what this signals and how I can remedy it. Thanks for any help in advance.

Comment

This is caused by DES (Dynamic Energy Saver) you can either uninstall it, or I believe you can disabled the LED's within the program itself. Not sure though, I know it has LED setting, but I think that may be for the ones on the board not the power LED.

It flashes to indicate that DES is running and you are saving energy

Comment

At least now I know it's not going to self destruct...thank you! If only now you could recommend some comfortable OC settings, based on my specs, I would be thrilled! Either way, thank you for identifying this for me...

Comment

Yeap, it will live on!

Yes, I sure can help with settings! Please go ahead and make a new thread with your full specs and a link to your ram, then let me know what speed (CPU And Ram) you want to try for and I will advise back.

Comment

can we have a dedicated GA-EX58A-UD7 Thread... so we can track issues etc.. considering how new it is
                        GA-X58A-UD7 rev1.0 - F9d // Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz - //vcore:Normal(1.2430v)+DVID+0.07500v//qpi_vtt:1.380v//bclk:200*21(turbo)
                        6GB Corsair Dominator 1866 @ 1600 ([email protected])

CPU-Z Results: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2212669

Comment

Maybe...

I been thinking of making a X58 overclock guide or tips/tweaks sticky. That would cover all X58 boards of course.

Just haven't had time yet is all.

Comment

my new board is acting weird :(

bought it from overclockers.co.uk...

Seen so far:
                            1. USB doesn't initialise all the time at boot - Had to power off 5 times before USB worked again pre-OS
                            2. TMPIN03 (SYS) Temp really high - 53+ degrees
                            3. Not sure what temps should be seeing - but with silent-pipe NB runs at 45 degrees @ idle ( might need to spread thermal paste better.. using AS5)
                            4. Windows 7 hung a couple of times during boot

See what happens next... AS5 on CPU.. currently idles at 30degrees... should drop to 26-28 once curing is complete...
                            GA-X58A-UD7 rev1.0 - F9d // Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz - //vcore:Normal(1.2430v)+DVID+0.07500v//qpi_vtt:1.380v//bclk:200*21(turbo)

Comment

UD7 is brand new, expect to see random issues for a while until they get the BIOSes a bit more mature.

Sounds like you do need a bit of BIOS tweaking still though since windows is hanging on you. Please start a new thread for help with this, or post more info to your other thread if you have one already.

Use TX-2

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X