Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

hello there.

i've just buy Team xtreme dark PC8500 CL6. i use P45 DS5 mobo. when i set the FSB strap to 333mhz, my system didn't boot, i set the FSB to 370x11 = 4.07Ghz.

when i set the fsb to 333Mhz and the fsb strap 333Mhz it's still can' boot up.

the memory will just boot when i set the strap to 266Mhz. and it can run at 1110Mhz @2.040v

is this normal ?

because when i use adata ee 2gb kit pc6400 memory, it still can boot with strap 333mhz

please help me

thank u

i'm using E5200
    Last edited by pocenk; 10-03-2009, 06:46 AM.
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @3.280 | EP45-DS5 F13b | Team Xtreme Dark 4GB kit PC8500 CL6 | WDC500AADS x2 | Zotac GTX275 AMP! | NRP-MC651 | NH-D14 | Cosmos S

Comment

I just bought the new GA-EP45-UD3P. Seems like a simple question but where o where are the 2 prong power pins for the pwer switch and the HDD K.E.D>

( My first Gigabyte mobo )

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Networker4321 Take a look at your motherboard manual.

By artdrivers at 2009-10-03
        Last edited by artdrivers; 10-03-2009, 04:07 PM.
        http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
        http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
        Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
        Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
        Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
        4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
        (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
        (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
        (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
        Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
        Mid size ATX case with show through panel
        2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
        Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
        Logitech G500 USB mouse
        Monitor: CMV937A
        7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
        Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Why there is suggestion on this forum ,for x48 chipset to be overvoltage ? In intel specs data sheet ,there is written ,for x48 chipset maximum voltage 1.375...
          GIGABYTE X48-DS4
          Q9550 / CM Hyper 212
          Corsair xms2 PC8500 4gb
          Sapphire 5870
          x-fi platinum
          Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5 TB
          Cooler Master silent pro M 700W
          HAF 922

Comment

Why there is suggestion on this forum ,for x48 chipset to be overvoltage ?
            That is for large amounts of RAM or High speeds. Then you must increase the memory controllers voltage = MCH
            http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
            http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
            Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
            Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
            Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
            4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
            (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
            (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
            (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
            Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
            Mid size ATX case with show through panel
            2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
            Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
            Logitech G500 USB mouse
            Monitor: CMV937A
            7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
            Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Please, tell, will Buffered DIMM DDR-II modules work at EP45-DS3L ?
              Does it supports buffered memory modules?
              Tanx!
              GA-EP45-DS3L F11b
              [email protected] 8x400 Vcore 1.3125 57C full load stable
              Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX
              PC2-6400 4x4Gb PVS28G6400ELK 5-5-5-12
              4 x 1TB HD103UJ
              Inno3D 9800GTX+
              FSP EPSILON 900W
              Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS
              BENQ G2400W

Comment

I recently ordered a P55-UD6 mother <NOBR style="COLOR: #0000ff; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_0_0>board</NOBR>. I also ordered OCZ DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) memory. I want to make sure that the 1600 MHz memory is supported by the board. I will be using the Core i7 860 processor.

The web site says that it supports DDR3 2600+/2200/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules. But it is my understanding that the P55 Express chip <NOBR style="COLOR: #0000ff; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_10_0>set</NOBR> should also support 1600 MHz modules. It would be a memory multiplier of 12 if that is available. If it is not listed can I still use them or do I need to exchange for 1333 MHz modules?

Comment

I have a problem with my DVD player,in my computer it appears normally but when i put a cd in it doesnt read it and when i double click the DVD icon again it opens up the tray and tells me to inster a disc, is that a lens problem related to the drive itself or a problem with the SATA cable or the sata socket on the motherboard or the bios? (i have F8 on the GA X58 Extreme)

Comment

Originally posted by Khaled Imam View Post
                    I have a problem with my DVD player,in my computer it appears normally but when i put a cd in it doesnt read it [etc.],... (i have F8 on the GA X58 Extreme)
                    You've left out many pertinent details, but I can tell you this, I had a similar problem with an LG drive out of my old Dell XPS400. I had to update the drive's firmware and now it works fine with my GA-X58-UD5. Also, make sure the jumpers on the drive are set correctly.

Comment

Hi, I have been having trouble with my pc lately.I have built quite a few rigs and fixed countless others. The last couple of days my network has been crashing(this happened to me before dude to NIC drivers crashing it, this was on my other mobo) this same thing is happening to me again it seems. On top of that my computer has been shutting off then restarting unable to boot into bios. also the fans hardly spin on my CPU n VGA.The phaze leds flicker and all stay on and don't go into boot. Thought it was a PSU problem until i pulled it and tested it in another rig(runs fine) plugged it back; same problem.I leave the computer alone for a couple hours it and goes back to normal, about 10-12 hrs of running it crashes again.This goes around in circles. I haven't completely to ruled out the psu. I have seen problems like this with other pcs where the computer boots occasionally and doesn't others, and it was the mobo. I checked the Caps for "bulging" and leaking but found nothing ,also flashed the bios but it doesn't solve the problem. Specs below:

specs:
                      Gigiabyte ep45-ud3p(rev 1.0)
                      4x512 mb ddr2 corsair xms2 675(850)no V increase
                      q9400 (3.4) at 1.265v AC freezer 7pro running 47C under load
                      3x hd
                      antec 300 case with 4x120mm
                      evga 8800gts no OC.
                      Ocz 600 gamextreme ..

I have OC this system without increasing the voltage on everything besides the vcore (under 1.5)at 1.265.

I turned off the the OC in hopes it would just be running too high but it didn't help.I built this rig back in Feb and has been running stable at the above specs since then. I have been wondering if the the rails (PSU)have started to show Cap aging and is no longer putting out the required power. I'm torn between the PSU or Mobo. If theres any other suggestions i would like to hear them.Thnx
                      Last edited by skopro; 10-08-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

It's crappy memory ,if ur oc'ing ,you must have better ram modules.
                        GIGABYTE X48-DS4
                        Q9550 / CM Hyper 212
                        Corsair xms2 PC8500 4gb
                        Sapphire 5870
                        x-fi platinum
                        HAF 922

Comment

Well ive actually tried to boot with a different card, and memory (g-skill 800 ) memory which i would say is far from crappy. Giving that i have changed these things that doesn't leave very much anything else.

Comment

maybe its just crappy mobo that u received than...RMA it. maybe ur cpu died ,1.5 vcore is insane...in fact,it's my statement that ur cpu is runnig crazy ,my cpu went crazy when it had high voltage on it,and had that similar symptoms with the network drive.
                            Last edited by prichina; 10-09-2009, 12:06 AM.
                            GIGABYTE X48-DS4
                            Q9550 / CM Hyper 212
                            Corsair xms2 PC8500 4gb
                            Sapphire 5870
                            x-fi platinum
                            HAF 922

Comment

Well the mobo was doin fine since Feb..also my Vcore is at 1.265.. i said its way under 1.5 which is the usual cutoff..My network it seems is dieing from a different purpose cause its doin it on the pc im on now..
                              Last edited by skopro; 10-09-2009, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by emcd4 View Post
                                I recently ordered a P55-UD6 mother <nobr style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255); font-size: 100%; font-weight: normal;" id="itxt_nobr_0_0">board</nobr>. I also ordered OCZ DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) memory. I want to make sure that the 1600 MHz memory is supported by the board. I will be using the Core i7 860 processor.

The web site says that it supports DDR3 2600+/2200/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules. But it is my understanding that the P55 Express chip <nobr style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255); font-size: 100%; font-weight: normal;" id="itxt_nobr_10_0">set</nobr> should also support 1600 MHz modules. It would be a memory multiplier of 12 if that is available. If it is not listed can I still use them or do I need to exchange for 1333 MHz modules?
                                Yes, that speed will be fine. Those specs just note the standard speeds, not sure why they left out 1600Mhz?

Just be sure to update to the latest BIOS and you should be fine

Originally posted by Khaled Imam View Post
                                I have a problem with my DVD player,in my computer it appears normally but when i put a cd in it doesnt read it and when i double click the DVD icon again it opens up the tray and tells me to inster a disc, is that a lens problem related to the drive itself or a problem with the SATA cable or the sata socket on the motherboard or the bios? (i have F8 on the GA X58 Extreme)
                                Did you install the Intel INF Drivers? If so, or not, here is the latest please download and install these

Originally posted by skopro View Post
                                Hi, I have been having trouble with my pc lately.I have built quite a few rigs and fixed countless others. The last couple of days my network has been crashing(this happened to me before dude to NIC drivers crashing it, this was on my other mobo) this same thing is happening to me again it seems. On top of that my computer has been shutting off then restarting unable to boot into bios. also the fans hardly spin on my CPU n VGA.The phaze leds flicker and all stay on and don't go into boot. Thought it was a PSU problem until i pulled it and tested it in another rig(runs fine) plugged it back; same problem.I leave the computer alone for a couple hours it and goes back to normal, about 10-12 hrs of running it crashes again.This goes around in circles. I haven't completely to ruled out the psu. I have seen problems like this with other pcs where the computer boots occasionally and doesn't others, and it was the mobo. I checked the Caps for "bulging" and leaking but found nothing ,also flashed the bios but it doesn't solve the problem. Specs below:

specs:
                                Gigiabyte ep45-ud3p(rev 1.0)
                                4x512 mb ddr2 corsair xms2 675(850)no V increase
                                q9400 (3.4) at 1.265v AC freezer 7pro running 47C under load
                                3x hd
                                antec 300 case with 4x120mm
                                evga 8800gts no OC.
                                Ocz 600 gamextreme ..

I have OC this system without increasing the voltage on everything besides the vcore (under 1.5)at 1.265.

I turned off the the OC in hopes it would just be running too high but it didn't help.I built this rig back in Feb and has been running stable at the above specs since then. I have been wondering if the the rails (PSU)have started to show Cap aging and is no longer putting out the required power. I'm torn between the PSU or Mobo. If theres any other suggestions i would like to hear them.Thnx
                                Can you please make a new thread with all this info, so we can better help you. I can say now 667Mhz ram is not the greatest and has been known to cause a few issues, so that may be what you are seeing.

In your thread please also post a link to your memory, and grab a template from my signature and give us your BIOS settings as well. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X