Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

What slot do you have the card in?

Comment

my bottem pci express slot (PCI-EX8_1)

My hd4870 sits in the top pci-e slot (PXI-EX16_1)
      Wireles lan card sits in PCI2 slot
      other slots are empty

Comment

Ok, just checking you did not have 2 GFX Cards and maybe making this X-FI one not function at the correct speed or something.

Please install the Intel INF Driver again, then try to install X-FI

Your drivers are not being automatically reinstalled by the OS are they when you reboot? If so you are going to need to do the removal in safe mode

Comment

Lsdmeasap,

I really need your help now. I am setting up my new P55-UD4P.

I had to enable USB keyboard support for the EP45-UD3P to use the USB keyboard in the boot menu, and anything else in MS-DOS.

I vannot find this on the new P55-UD4P....where is it? I am stuck, if I go into a submenu within MIT I cannot move the same happens in the boot menu. It has to do with the USB keyboard support.....

This same thing happened with my EP45-UD3P. It's the USB keyboard support. It's not in this BIOS

My goodness, I can't believe it's not there. What do I do?

Update: I found an old PS/2 keyboard and it works fine with that, but is this something that has been overlooked? Most people have USB keyboards now. There has to be a way but I would like to know where it is....
          Last edited by nate42nd; 09-16-2009, 03:27 PM.
          P55-UD4P - i7860 - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - 1600Mhz Mushkin 7-8-7-20 - 3 WD 640GB Black
          880GMA-UD2P - X6 1055T CPU - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - GSkill 1333 8-8-8-21 - 2 500GB WD Black
          2 or 3 other systems I like to play with and a laptop

Comment

I am downloading your manual now to check on this for you. I am sure it is there, but possibly renamed like they did with the "Legacy USB Storage Detect" (Renamed USB Storage Function)

I will edit this post shortly in case you are hear reading now. As for P45 I am sure it is there as I have used it myself in testing for something.

I use USB to PS/2 adapters always myself, so often I am not aware of issues with USB Devices, but I agree and find it odd that USB Support must be enabled.... Should be default these days.

*EDIT*

Here is where all three settings are located, in Integrated Peripherals same as before, and they are renamed >>

USB Controllers
            Enables or disables the integrated USB 1.0 controller. (Default: Enabled)
            Disabled will turn off all of the USB functionalities below.

USB Legacy Function
            Allows USB keyboard to be used in MS-DOS. (Default: Enabled)

USB Storage Function
            Determines whether to detect USB storage devices, including USB fash drives and USB hard drives
            during the POST. (Default: Enabled)
            From Page 53 of your manual >>
            ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/manual/mb...d4p(ud4)_e.pdf
            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-17-2009, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              I am downloading your manual now to check on this for you. I am sure it is there, but possibly renamed like they did with the "Legacy USB Storage Detect" (Renamed USB Storage Function)

I will edit this post shortly in case you are hear reading now. As for P45 I am sure it is there as I have used it myself in testing for something.

I use USB to PS/2 adapters always myself, so often I am not aware of issues with USB Devices, but I agree and find it odd that USB Support must be enabled.... Should be default these days.

*EDIT*

Here is where all three settings are located, in Integrated Peripherals same as before, and they are renamed >>

From Page 53 of your manual >>
              ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/manual/mb...d4p(ud4)_e.pdf
              Thank you very much for the help. I checked these settings and they are all enabled. It still does not work with USB. I luckily had a PS/2 keyboard and adapter. I also updated the BIOS to the latest on the Gigabyte site (F4p I think)

The board is also not keeping the time. This morning it was still set at what I set it to yesterday afternoon. Is there anything I can do to fix the time issue? I hope the future updates will fix these issues.
              Last edited by nate42nd; 09-17-2009, 06:23 AM.
              P55-UD4P - i7860 - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - 1600Mhz Mushkin 7-8-7-20 - 3 WD 640GB Black
              880GMA-UD2P - X6 1055T CPU - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - GSkill 1333 8-8-8-21 - 2 500GB WD Black
              2 or 3 other systems I like to play with and a laptop

Comment

Hmm, maybe they still are working out USB issues then, it's possible. It is also possible that the BIOS or board is just not compatible with your particular mouse, do you have different USB one to test with?

As for your time issue, can you check to see with Everest in computer/sensor section what value is shown for Vbat? Your CMOS battery may be dead or dying, that would cause the time to be incorrect. Of course that could also be BIOS related as well, since these are new boards it will likely be some time before most of the kinks are worked out so you may just need to wait for a new BIOS to resolve both of these issues, only time will tell

Comment

I did a new instal of windows 7 x64 rtm (build7600 + dutch language pack), istalled intel inf drivers, logitch mouse and keyboard drivers, did not instal ati drivers or audio drivers. When I want to instal the lattest creative drivers it sas no supported hardware found error. im going to return the card and get a new one. Is there a change the new card will also fail to work (eg if there is something wrong with the bios,...) or is it best to just trow my x-fi away because there will alwais be problems with it in combination with a gigabyte motherboard?

Comment

Well I have seen some issues with certain X-FI Cards and Gigabyte boards, but others are fine. Maybe you can use one, just a certain model will work. You will need to do a search of X-FI, by title, and you should find which work and which do not

Did you try to install the card in another slot? Just checking, if I asked already sorry it is hard to keep track since you did not make your own thread

How about installing only the microsoft UAA Driver, then the card driver?

Have you tested x86 system? Maybe it is only an issue with x64 drivers?

Comment

i have send a support request to creative, and Im going to get a new x-fi (cards a half year old). Then i hope i dont have this issue anymore :)

Comment

Please do a search around the forums before you decide which to get, that way you know what people use without issues

Comment

Hi,

So I have a problem with my new machine I just finished to build up. The motherboard is a GA-P55-UD3R, and I want to install Windows 7 64 bits on it. The problem is when I must choose on wich HDD to install it: there is no listed! My HDD is a Western Digital Caviar Black 500 Gb 7200 RPM, and it's detected by the BIOS. Only, I can't install any OS on it :(

I tried to download the Windows 7 64 bits driver on Gigabyte site, I put it on my USB key and when it comes to select wich driver to install, it correctly show the 64 bits device. I click "Load driver", it scans... it scans... and there is still no HDD detected.

I tried almost all possible BIOS combination, with IDE and RAID. Still nothing. I don't know what to try more :(

Thank you.

EDIT: My HDD is connected in the Intel SATA 0 controller. I also tried GSATA, but nothing changed.

Comment

HELP.
                            I'm building a machine for my daughter, 3rd machine I've built, so I'm no expert, and not really a noob. I can't get the machine to power up.

EP45c-UD3R mobo
                            Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33mhz
                            8gb (4x2gb) Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066
                            EVGA 9800GTX
                            WD 1TB SATA HD
                            Samsung DVD SATA
                            Antec 200 case w/ 2 x 120mm fans
                            Antec TP550 550w PS

When I plug it in and turn it on the PS and case fans start to run, the phase LED status lights fire up, then the CPU cooler fan starts and the whole thing shuts off.

I've verified that the memory is in correctly, that the CPU is correctly in, that the CPU cooler is properly attached, and I used arctic silver and wiped away the excess.

I'm lost as to what else to try?
                            Thanks in advance.
                            Rans

FOLLOWUP:
                            I found the problem....apparently there is a problem in the power switch, or I had the plug to the mobo on backwards. Does the power plug +/- sensitive?
                            Last edited by ransx77; 09-27-2009, 08:52 AM. Reason: Followup
                            First Build - Desktop :
                            Gigabyte E35P-DS3R | Core 2 Duo Wolfdale E8500 3.18ghz | Corsair Dominator DHX 4GB (2x2gb) DDR2 1066 |
                            EVGA 8800 GT 512mb | WD 640gb HDD | 2x Samsung DVD-RW | 2x Dell SP2009 monitor |
                            Antec 900 w/Antec Tru-Power Trio 550 |Windows XP Pro

Last Build - HTPC:
                            Gigabyte E45P-UD3P | Core 2 Quad Yorkfield 9550 2.83ghz | Corsair Dominator DHX 8GB (4x2gb) DDR2 1066 |
                            EVGA 9800 GTX 512mb | WD 750gb & 640gb & Seagate 320gb HDD | Samsung DVD-RW | Sony Blu-Ray BDU-X10SR |
                            Antec 1200 w/Antec Neopower 650 | Vista Ultimate 64bit

New Build - Desktop
                            Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R | Core 2 Duo Wolfdale E8600 3.33ghz | Corsair Dominator DHX 8GB (4x2gb) DDR2 1066 | Dell S2009 monitor |
                            EVGA 9800 GTX 512mb | WD 1tb HDD | Samsung DVD-RW | Antec 200 w/Antec TP 550| Vista Home Premium 64bit

Comment

X48-DS4 owner.
                              Is it safe runing 0.200 overvoltage on MCH without fan? making it i guess 1.45v ? how much can i go without a fan blowing on it? And how much can i go with a decent cooling?

Kind regards.
                              GIGABYTE X48-DS4
                              Q9550 / CM Hyper 212
                              Corsair xms2 PC8500 4gb
                              Sapphire 5870
                              x-fi platinum
                              Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5 TB
                              Cooler Master silent pro M 700W
                              HAF 922

Comment

I bought a gigabyte extreme T board. It will boot after clearing the cmos but if I try to change any setting it will fail to boot. Is there something Iam missing here? My system:Win XP Pro,Q9650,hipoint raid card 3510 with 4 velociraptors in raid 5,2x2GB mushkin ram ddr3 1600mhz. Thanks for any help you can give me. This is the third gigabyte board I owned and the only one I have ever had a problem with.

Comment

Working...
                                X