Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

1. hi i want to ask about the max amount of CPU termination and CPU PLL that can be safely use for daily.

this is my setting:
    FSB = 340x12.5
    PCI freq = 100
    MCH Strapping = 333
    FSB DRAM Strapping = 2.40B (816)
    DRAM Timing = 4-4-4-12

CPU Vcore = 1.5000
    CPU termination = 1.260
    CPU PLL = 1.560

DRAM voltage = 2.060

the others are set to default

i'm using E5200 @4.25Ghz
    DDR2 Adata 800+ 2GB kit
    Gigabyte EP45 DS5

when i set the vcore to 1.5125, CPU termination 1.2, CPU PLL 1.5 it seems to be alright and stable with OCCT test.
    i just want to try to lower the vcore with considering the CPU termination and PLL must be set higher.

2. also i want to ask about the FSB DRAM strapping. why i can't use strapping 266 when the FSB set to 340. you can say that i don't know nothing about the strapping setting, which is correct for each CPU FSB setting

thank you, i hope you can help me.
    sorry if my english is bad
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @3.280 | EP45-DS5 F13b | Team Xtreme Dark 4GB kit PC8500 CL6 | WDC500AADS x2 | Zotac GTX275 AMP! | NRP-MC651 | NH-D14 | Cosmos S

Comment

You can safely use up to 1.4 for that E5200 CPU, but you should not need more than 1.34 or so until you go past 500 FSB which you are not close to of course.

Strapping usage involves a lot. To use a certain strap you must have the right ram voltage, MCH Voltage, and tRD Set. And of course FSB.

Using a lower than FSB Strap depends on all of the above as well, and your memory itself. This is not always possible either, just depends. You may have to continue to use the 333 strap since you are past 333 FSB

Comment

ok then i should find the right strapping for my FSB,

anyway i want to ask about the comparison about EP45-DS5 and EP45-UD3P which one is better? just curiousity :D
        Core 2 Quad Q6600 @3.280 | EP45-DS5 F13b | Team Xtreme Dark 4GB kit PC8500 CL6 | WDC500AADS x2 | Zotac GTX275 AMP! | NRP-MC651 | NH-D14 | Cosmos S

Comment

Well both of those boards are good, but the DS5 has more features.

Comment

I have a GA-EP45T-UD3P motherboard,do I need to install the 'MSM64' drivers using one harddrive or disable SATA RAID/AHCI mode ???Thanks for the reply....

Comment

Hi Janus,
              I"m trying to solve the mistry of the unkown 'GIGABYTE' motherboard, a "BEARLAKE"with :-
              Intel chip set, P35/G33/g31 rev A2
              SB is INTEL 82801IR (ICH9R) rev 02.Clock 2.33GHz.
              CPUclocks, core 567Mz / ram 500MHz
              Yorkfield (45nm) / stepping M1
              Direct X. Version 10.0
              It has a Intel Core2 Quad cpu Q8200
              Freq. 1995.34MHz (332.56 * 6)
              RAM = 2 + 1 = 3GB 400MHz 6400
              This is in a package brought for me by my son - it is a NEC POWERMATE V6360
              That now NEC have gone from Australia and after trying for several weeks to get info. with many unanswered messages, Perhaps you can give me the details/specs of ths motherboard.
              cheers.

Comment

GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 2.0)
                GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-P35-DS3L (rev. 2.0)
                http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                Logitech G500 USB mouse
                Monitor: CMV937A
                7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Originally posted by David Longman View Post
                  Hi Janus,
                  I"m trying to solve the mistry of the unkown 'GIGABYTE' motherboard, a "BEARLAKE"with :-
                  SB is INTEL 82801IR (ICH9R) rev 02.Clock 2.33GHz.
                  CPUclocks, core 567Mz / ram 500MHz
                  Yorkfield (45nm) / stepping M1
                  Direct X. Version 10.0
                  It has a Intel Core2 Quad cpu Q8200
                  Freq. 1995.34MHz (332.56 * 6)
                  RAM = 2 + 1 = 3GB 400MHz 6400
                  This is in a package brought for me by my son - it is a NEC POWERMATE V6360
                  That now NEC have gone from Australia and after trying for several weeks to get info. with many unanswered messages, Perhaps you can give me the details/specs of ths motherboard.
                  cheers.

Can you please post an image of the "MainBoard" Tab of this program >>
                  CPU-Z

You may also find some further details with the Program Called Everest Ultimate, in the Motherboard tab on the left there is a motherboard and chipset section. Here is a trial of that >>

Comment

Originally posted by infocus View Post
                    I have a GA-EP45T-UD3P motherboard,do I need to install the 'MSM64' drivers using one harddrive or disable SATA RAID/AHCI mode ???Thanks for the reply....

Do you want RAID or not? With one hard drive you do not need to, unless you want to use AHCI then you would need to and choose AHCI When installing

If you need help with the BIOS settings let me know how many drives you have and what you are trying to set them up as

Comment

I have a separate topic for this but it seems I misunderstood the guy who referenced me and he intended I put it here...

PC Setup:
                      64 bit Vista Business
                      Gigabyte EP45 UD3P (rev 1.6) mobo
                      Intel Core2 Quad q9550 (not overclocked) @ 2.83ghz
                      8gb (4x2gb) Kingston Ram
                      Corsair HX850w PSU
                      PCI Wireless Adapter
                      Dual PCI-e Sapphire ATI HD4890s crossfired
                      1 TB harddrive
                      Lightscribe DVD-R CD-ROM
                      -
                      I have a really peculiar problem...
                      -
                      My motherboard occasionally (though not often) detects my second HD4890 card. The card in the 16x slot it detects, but not the one in the 8x slot. When I go into device manager it only detects one display card and if I plug my monitor into the other slot it doesn't receive a signal. If I designate my second PCI-e slot as the primary display it still doesn't detect it.
                      -
                      The cards themselves and the individual PCI-e slots work (I've taken the card out and tested each slot individually with each card) but when both are in use they are not detected. I have updated my BIOS, my chipsets, reinstalled Catalyst (took out one card, installed CCC, rebooted to desktop, replaced second card), set it back to factory defaults, swapped the cards, played with my BIOS, tried removing my PCI WAN card, reducing my memory to 4gb, and fiddling with power cords.
                      -
                      I really don't know what to try next. Messing with Catalyst will once in a blue moon fix the problem, but no solution has ever worked for more than day or twice in a row.
                      -
                      Please help! Also, please don't address the fact that I may have CPU bottle necking, I'll cross that bridge when I can get better cooling lol
                      unrelated. I have kingston gaming RAM that's supposed to run at 2.2v but when i set it that high it gets really hot. what's the lowest i can set them that they'll still be useful? (i heard that if you use all 4 ram slots you need at least 2.0. I manually set the timings to 5-5-5-15 but beyond that i don't really know what else to do...

Comment

It is better to make these topics in a new post like you did, that way those who help you can better keep track of your setup and what you have/have not tried.

I will continue to help you in your other thread >>>

Comment

hi i want to ask about the ICH core voltage, is it very useful when overclocking?
                          when or at what condition i must increase the ICH core?

Comment

It can be possibly. It is the south bridge if you were unsure.

Sometimes a small bump could be useful, also could help if you have many drives connected. I always bump mine a little, how much just depends on the clocks. More at high clocks just to be sure

Comment

sometimes i confuse when i using windows xp i use this setting:

FSB = 333x12.5
                              PCIex Freq = 100
                              DRam ratio = 2.40b
                              Timing = 4-4-4-12

CPU vCore = 1.4875
                              CPU termination = 1.24
                              CPU PLL = 1.56

others are auto

this setting is stable, but when i change to windows 7 with the same setting is not stable, the stable setting for windows 7 are same as above, the different is CPU termination and PLL that set to 1.20 and 1.50

what conditions that affect the stability on each platform, am i have to load optimized default first when i change the OS?

Comment

Some OS are just different like that. Some overclockers will only use XP to do benchmark runs because it is more stable for them

What you can do if you want to switch always is save a XP profile and a Windows 7 Profile in your BIOS. Then before booting either one just choose the profile you want that is stable for each one.

To save BIOS Profiles, on the MAIN Page hit F11. This will allow you to save your current BIOS settings to a Profile. Then make the changes for your other OS and save this as a second Profile. You can have 8 Profiles, just be sure you move down the space you are saving to so you do not write over your other profiles.

F12 on the MAIN Page is Load

Comment

Working...
                                X