Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!
    I have a GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3 and I'm trying to get my memory to run at the rated speed of DDR3 1600. It runs fine at 1333 but get BSOD's at PC 1600. Any sugestions on bios settings to get this running? I've read on the web that people have trouble with running memory at this speed. Thanks.

GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3
    AMD X4 955 Processor
    4 Sticks G.SKILL 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    MSI GTX 460
    Western Digital 500GB Sata Drive

Comment

Please help me here i dont want to double post

Comment

Originally posted by Ronco05 View Post
        I have a GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3 and I'm trying to get my memory to run at the rated speed of DDR3 1600. It runs fine at 1333 but get BSOD's at PC 1600. Any sugestions on bios settings to get this running? I've read on the web that people have trouble with running memory at this speed. Thanks.

GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3
        AMD X4 955 Processor
        4 Sticks G.SKILL 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
        MSI GTX 460
        Western Digital 500GB Sata Drive
        Will help in your thread, Chike already posted you a link to check out.

I can't help with AMD much myself until I buy a AMD CPU, sorry.

Originally posted by InfinityGuy View Post
        Please help me here i dont want to double post
        Will do

Comment

Originally posted by Diamonddanno View Post
          Hey all, I just finished building my first PC. Here's what I have:

i7 2600k
          Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3
          G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600MHz 2X4GB
          2 EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked
          Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1T Hard Drive
          Corsair Performance 3 Series 128GB
          Corsair CMPSU-1200AX
          COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
          HAF 932

Here's my problem/s: The PC DOES post and everything seems fine but sometimes when it reaches the GA logo screen it shuts down and restarts on its own. On the restart its fine and I can navigate the BIO's normally. I haven't attempted to install the OS yet because I want to figure this problem out first.
          Also when I hit the reset button the PC shuts down completely (not like my other PC's where you can hear the fans still spinning and does not shut down completely) for couple of seconds then restarts. Is this normal? A couple of times though it did restart in the way I'm used to...
          Finally had some time to sit down and resolve the issue. I confirmed that the reboot issue was tied to using the reset button. I installed the OS without a problem and everything runs as it should. I haven't used the reset since I installed the OS and the shutdown/restart at the post screen hasn't happened in the 30-40 system shutdowns since I installed the OS. System seems stable.
          I had a b*tch of a time getting my system to detect both graphics card but I finally got it to after 4 hours of trying but I guess that's another story.....thanks for all your suggestions!

Now to stress test, overclock and benchmark.

Comment

Nice to see you have confirmed this, I think I've seen a few people mention it on other forums.

So you may want to go ahead and send in a report, just so that they look into it (The more people that report it the better)
            GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Nice to hear your got your graphics issues sorted, sorry it was a hassle for you!

Enjoy the new board for a while now, before you get into any testing :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              You are probably right, if the BIOS is unable to see it then it's probably only a candidate for RMA.
              <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Comment

In vista disk management delete all volumes if any, then initialize the drive and then from within windows using diskpart create and align your partition then install to that partition and do not do ANYTHING on the disk selection screen during the install.

Comment

In vista disk management delete all volumes if any, then initialize the drive and then from within windows using diskpart create and align your partition then install to that partition and do not do ANYTHING on the disk selection screen during the install.
                  Any particular partition arrangement? Do I need a System and a Windows partition? if so, how big for each? How do I align the partition? If more than one partition, which one do I set as "Active". Sorry for all the questions, but there is a lot of conflicting advice out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                    Please help me with GA-X58A-UD7.
                    All working fine until i send go to sleep mode command in Windows 7 x64. After wake up I see that all ICH10 USB host controllers not working (error code - 24). Then if I do reboot I have BSOD with code 0x1E.

I trying to unplug all USB devices (except keyboard and mouse) - issue still exists.
                    What can you recommend me to do to solve this issue. If you will need additional information - no problem.
                    I have the GA-X58A-UD7 (v1.0) and have the same problem with the ICH10 USB host controllers not coming back from S3 sleep (error code 24). Fortunately I don't get the BSOD on reboot.

I've tried installing the latest chipset drivers directly from Intel as well as from the Gigabyte website. Have this problem under BIOS versions F7 and currently under F8m.

Also tried disabling power saving on the USB Root hub, have reinstalled the OS (Windows 7 x64 SP1).

Anyone else have this problem, or a suggestion for solving it?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryQ6600 View Post
                      Any particular partition arrangement? Do I need a System and a Windows partition? if so, how big for each? How do I align the partition? If more than one partition, which one do I set as "Active". Sorry for all the questions, but there is a lot of conflicting advice out there!
                      Sorry for the late reply!

No, you just create a single partition in diskpart, you can do that from within windows on your other disk. Just open disk management so you know which disk is what so you can select the correct disk in dsikpart.

Then create a single aligned partition, then once you run the installer DVD all you do is click once/select this already created partition then click next on the disk selection screen and that is all. DO NOTHING ELSE on that screen, don't delete or create any other partitions.

Don't use Clean ALL anymore on these drives, that writes to each page and Sandforece drives don't like that many writes and it can kick in the durawrite protection which will slow it to a crawl. If you want to clear the drive use HDDErase, must be used in IDE mode and it's best to only have the SSD connected (First Intel Port) when using.
                      CMRR - Secure Erase

Here is how to align using diskpart, these directions are meant for use from the DVD but you can use directly in windows 7/Vista from a command prompt as well.

Boot to CD, choose repair, then advanced, then command prompt:

Diskpart commands to align and create a partition

Diskpart >List Disk

(Here note the Disk # you want to align and create on based on size of drive, if only one drive then you are fine disk 0 will be the one you
                      need)

Diskpart > Select Disk 0
                      (Or other disk number if need be)

Diskpart > List Partition
                      (Just to ensure you have the correct disk listed and no partitions are found)

Diskpart > Clean
                      (Removes any previous partition table information, and or MBR's)

Diskpart > Create Partition Primary Align=1024
                      (To create and align your partition)

Diskpart> Format Quick FS=NTFS
                      (To Quick format-NTFS)

(To check partition was created properly and aligned)

Diskpart > Active
                      (To set partition Active for OS Install)

Diskpart > Exit

Done!

Clean and simple for those who have only one disk connected and need no explanations

Diskpart > Select Disk 0
                      Diskpart > Clean
                      Diskpart > Create Partition Primary Align=1024
                      Diskpart > Format Quick FS=NTFS
                      Diskpart > Active
                      Diskpart > Exit

Originally posted by discoltk View Post
                      I have the GA-X58A-UD7 (v1.0) and have the same problem with the ICH10 USB host controllers not coming back from S3 sleep (error code 24). Fortunately I don't get the BSOD on reboot.

I've tried installing the latest chipset drivers directly from Intel as well as from the Gigabyte website. Have this problem under BIOS versions F7 and currently under F8m.

Also tried disabling power saving on the USB Root hub, have reinstalled the OS (Windows 7 x64 SP1).

Thanks!
                      I will test this later today for you and see if I also have the issue, if so it could be a BIOS bug, I'll let ya know.

Does it matter how long the system sleeps, or is it any time short or long?

Comment

I will test this later today for you and see if I also have the issue, if so it could be a BIOS bug, I'll let ya know.

Does it matter how long the system sleeps, or is it any time short or long?

It doesn't matter how long. Strangely, two of the controllers don't do it. Before I reinstalled I could 'fix' it by using the on-screen keyboard to log in, then disable/enable each device. Since reinstalling that no longer works, needs a reboot to get them back online. I didn't start noticing it until I switched the port I had my keyboard plugged in to, so it likely has been happening for awhile without me realizing.

Comment

OK, thanks! I'll test each port and see if I notice any issue.

I am using three already, mouse/KB/LAN so it'll be easy for me to test.

Comment

Originally posted by discoltk View Post

Thanks!
                            OK, sorry about the wait - I meant to test this yesterday and forgot.

So, I have USB keyboard and mouse connected, as well as USB wireless LAN.

I tested S3 sleep for 5 minutes or so, and resumed without any issues. I then tested several USB sticks in a few ports as well just to be sure, no problems and no BSOD's

Please test with this BIOS so we are using the exact same BIOS
                            X58A-UD7 F8M Mod.zip

If you continue to have issues it may be stability as the system needs to be 100% stable to resume from S3 properly. So please test with memtest86+ for your memory, and then Prime96, LinX, Intel Burn test, ect one or more of those for the CPU/Memory together.

My test was done at 4.2Ghz with memory at 2016Mhz 7-9-7-24 (just so you know it was an overclock and not stock test)

Comment

[QUOTE=Lsdmeasap;389839]Sorry for the late reply!

No, you just create a single partition in diskpart, you can do that from within windows on your other disk. Just open disk management so you know which disk is what so you can select the correct disk in dsikpart.

Comment

Nice to see you got that all sorted out now!!

Post back anytime if you need further help with anything, we are always here!

Comment

Working...
                                X