Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hmmm so a self restart at the logo screen (happens less then half the time) is not something to worry about?

Comment

Well no, that isn't ideal, you probably need to update the BIOS

Comment

I did. I'm running F2, the latest version.

Comment

OK, well lets see how things go when you put a disk in there.

Comment

I'll report back in a couple of days when I have some time to do this.....

Great sticky BTW. It should prove to be very useful...

Comment

K, Good luck setting everything up!

Comment

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hi. I am unable to install Windows 7 64-bit on my GA-P35C-DSR based system onto a Mushkin Enhanced Callisto 120 GB SSD. I've tried diskpart to clean and format the disk, and it fails. Windows 7 installation fails. I have a very hard time finding the disk in my current Vista-64 based system as an additional drive. I had to update the ICH9R driver (to 8.9.0.1023), and it is still hit ore miss seeing this drive. Is this likely to be a driver issue? A BIOS issue? A bad drive isn't out of the question I suppose, but I hate to RMA it if this is a software issue. Any input?

Comment

Are you using the latest BIOS? If not please update, using Qflash, and disable "Keep DMI Data" in Qflash before you flash.

Connect the SSD to the first Intel port (SATAII_0)

Latest Intel drivers are V. 10 now, you can get them here
                  http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...ntel%C2%AE+RST)

Comment

Thanks for the link. I'll try the new Intel driver. Funny thing is I downloaded a new driver off of Gigabyte.com under the download page for my mobo. That driver was version 8.9.0.1023. If v10 is the latest, maybe they should update their download page! Also, this driver didn't have an F6 preinstall version, so i could only fix my old Vista installation to see the new drive, but still couldn't load Win 7. There is an F6 preinstallation driver for the Gigabyte Sata2 onboard ports. I was hesitant to try the non Intel ports (any opionion there?).

I did try Port 0 (it didn't work) but I'm on Port 2 now (my Vista Raid 0 is on Ports 0 and 1). By the way, would Win 7 boot off the SSD if I leave my board in Raid mode (so I can keep my old Raid 0 volume functional, maybe even dual boot?)

As for the BIOS, I am on v F12. This is latest version on the download page. I read somewhere else (can't find it now) that there was a beta F13 that fixed someone's SSD problem, but it was an OCZ it think, not the Mushkin. I hate to mess around flashing the BIOS if it's not definetly the problem. I'll try the Intel driver first and report back. It'll be later tonight since I had to go to work...

Comment

• Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD
                      2) Which of two DVI ports is recommended for single monitor configuration?
                      3) Is there new BIOS for this videocard and how to flash BIOS of videocard?

Comment

• Re: About GV-R575SL-1GI

Originally posted by CoryQ6600 View Post
                        Thanks for the link. I'll try the new Intel driver. Funny thing is I downloaded a new driver off of Gigabyte.com under the download page for my mobo. That driver was version 8.9.0.1023. If v10 is the latest, maybe they should update their download page! Also, this driver didn't have an F6 preinstall version, so i could only fix my old Vista installation to see the new drive, but still couldn't load Win 7. There is an F6 preinstallation driver for the Gigabyte Sata2 onboard ports. I was hesitant to try the non Intel ports (any opionion there?).

I did try Port 0 (it didn't work) but I'm on Port 2 now (my Vista Raid 0 is on Ports 0 and 1). By the way, would Win 7 boot off the SSD if I leave my board in Raid mode (so I can keep my old Raid 0 volume functional, maybe even dual boot?)

As for the BIOS, I am on v F12. This is latest version on the download page. I read somewhere else (can't find it now) that there was a beta F13 that fixed someone's SSD problem, but it was an OCZ it think, not the Mushkin. I hate to mess around flashing the BIOS if it's not definetly the problem. I'll try the Intel driver first and report back. It'll be later tonight since I had to go to work...
                        Ya, don't use the GSATA Ports, they are really slow.

Yes, v.10 is the latest and at Intel's site there is the main program/drivers and the F6 drivers too if you need them (They are not needed for Vista/Win7 install)

Yes, you can load/boot Non RAID drives while RAID is enabled, they will be Non-Member drives. You will need to go into that OS first though and enable RAID to be allowed to boot from, here is the registry changes you'll need to make first, then you can reboot and boot back into that system in RAID Mode.

Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 (Win 7 / Vista ONLY)
                        Code:
                        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
                        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
                        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStor[B]V[/B]\Start
                        Latest BIOS for your board would be here, if you have P35C-DS3R then it is F13d as you mentioned, and yes this does correct issues with many SSD's including yours

Originally posted by twesha View Post
                        Question about video Gigabyte GV-R575SL-1GI:

1) Which modern drivers can you recommend:
                        - official drivers (from gigabyte.com) for GV-R575SL 8.671 (date 26.11.2009 !!!) But why so ancient?
                        – official drivers (from gigabyte.com) for GV-R577SL 8.741 (date 21.07.2010)
                        - latest drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD
                        2) Which of two DVI ports is recommended for single monitor configuration?
                        3) Is there new BIOS for this videocard and how to flash BIOS of videocard?

Latest is not always the best, but it can be. Gigabyte does not always update each time a new driver comes out, so if you want the very latest you can always get it here
                        Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Either DVI port is fine to use, they are both the same.

There is no new BIOS updates for your card, but when/if there ever is you can use an Nvidia flashing tool or GIGABYTE's VGA @BIOS

Comment

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
                          Is there anything else left to try? If not, I suppose I need to initiate an RMA with Newegg. Should I hold out hope that a replacement drive will work?

Any other thoughts?
                          Thanks.

Comment

If you see the drive in diskpart, but not the OS, you need to go into disk management and initialize the drive. Did you do that or try?

Since you think it is dead now, can you try HDDErase and see if that will complete and then fix it? It needs to be ran from DOS, and should only take less than 10 minutes to complete I'd imagine (Never used sandforce so not sure)
                            CMRR - Secure Erase

ICH10R is just a letter string in the RAID ROM, that wont matter and is not a problem. I could make you a BIOS with V. 10 RAID ROM you could use, which would also say the same, but if you suspect the drive is dead that will be a waste of time right now.

Yes a working drive should work

Comment

Ok, I'll try HDDErase when I get home today. I don't have much hope since I can't get the BIOS to recognize the drive anymore. Maybe DOS will...

I had tried initilizing the disk before the BIOS update. Now the drive doesn't show up in disk management in Vista any longer.

Comment

You are probably right, if the BIOS is unable to see it then it's probably only a candidate for RMA.

Comment

Working...
                                X