Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hope so, cheaply priced boards are always awesome!

Comment

hi, i just purchased a GigaByte GA-EX58-UD5 and this memory kit Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL
      will i encounter any troubles with this pairing? i looked at the QVL and seen that there were very few 4gb kits listed and am concerned it will not work. thank you
      Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB, Antec TruePower 850 watt, windows 7 ultimate SP1 X64

Comment

Hi, pls bear with me as I know this is kinda old...
        My rig is AMD Phenom X4 9550
        Board = GA-MA790GP-DS4H
        RAM= 2GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR TWIN2x2048-8500C5D-G @1066Mhz

Each time I set the RAM at 1066Mhz, my system hangs
        I revert back to 800Mhz it run fine.

Did memtest at 1066Mhz, it shows error but at 800Mhz, no error.

How can I set the RAM to run at 1066Mhz?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hclarkjr View Post
          hi, i just purchased a GigaByte GA-EX58-UD5 and this memory kit Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL
          will i encounter any troubles with this pairing? i looked at the QVL and seen that there were very few 4gb kits listed and am concerned it will not work. thank you
          You should be ok, the QVL is always dated and they don't update it.

Just be sure you update to the latest BIOS and you'll be ok I think.

Originally posted by simonlws View Post
          Hi, pls bear with me as I know this is kinda old...
          My rig is AMD Phenom X4 9550
          Board = GA-MA790GP-DS4H
          RAM= 2GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR TWIN2x2048-8500C5D-G @1066Mhz

Each time I set the RAM at 1066Mhz, my system hangs
          I revert back to 800Mhz it run fine.

Did memtest at 1066Mhz, it shows error but at 800Mhz, no error.

How can I set the RAM to run at 1066Mhz?
          Thanks
          Does that CPU run 1066 memory? I'm not an AMD user, but I do know the CPU must be capable before you can even try

Comment

Yup the processor do support.
            Apparently found the problem, it was a bios issue.
            I updated it to the latest beta bios from Gigabyte and it automatically detected it as 1066Mhz.
            but funny thing was that Windows Index was showing 5.5 when the ram was running at 800Mhz. Now, it drop to 4.5. Wonder why? Shouldn't it be better?

Comment

Ahh, well nice to see you sorted it all out!

Not always, sometimes at higher speeds the memory will use slower timings, so that would be why you may see the difference. It may be faster at slower speeds with tighter timings, benchmark with a few programs and see which way is better.

Use real benchmarks though, not the windows index :)

Comment

Thanks alot
                The timing I followed recommend by Corsair 5-5-5-15-2T at 2.2 volt

Comment

Ya, that sounds about right for 1066Mhz, at 800Mhz you can use 444-12, so that may be why it's faster.

Compare with MaxMemm, RightMark, or Everest and see

Comment

hi just purchased a P67A UD4 and 2600k and was wondering if the 1.4 vcore max that ppl say is best to stick to when OC is ok for a 24/7 Rig

i had mine at 1.385 to get 5.0GHz HT on load temps where 70-80 ish prime95 67c gaming

now im on 1.360 at 5.0GHz with HT off temps are 64c in prime and 54 when gaming

i like lower vcore = less temp

Comment

Hello gigabyte

I am using a EP45-UD3R with a F5 Bios
                      It seems to me that we could chose a PWM profile ( like silent, optimal, performance) for the CPU fan but I am unable, after a carefull review, to find the place where we could define this parameter.
                      It could be that I am confusing with another board.
                      Could you help please?
                      Last edited by Lecopi; 02-22-2011, 03:10 AM. Reason: mistake correction

Comment

Can someone Please tell me what changes were made in the F15A Beta BIOS for the GA-P55A-UD4P ?
                        What is different than the F14 BIOS ?
                        I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
                        If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Comment

Hey, weird things happen with my ep35-ds3r, rev 2.1, F4 bios mobo. Currently i have an e4300 @1.8 Ghz in it and i though i should up it a bit(like to 2.2 or smth like that). I didn't want to mess with other stuff(or better said i didn't want to get reacquainted with OC-ing), so i let it all on auto. No matter how small the change(multiplier or Fsb)...after reboot the PcHealth(and in cpu-z too) section shows 1.57v in the processor, and i'm sure that's way off the chart for how much it should be at that speed. I also tried this with an e450 m0...same issue. Any ideas?....

Comment

@numaru7

please create a new thread, fill your signature with system hardware specs, memory part number/model etc, and fill the template from this post with your attempted OC settings.
                            Maybe we'll be able to advise.

Comment

I hope this is the right place to post! First post :-)

My partner recently had a rig built for me to cheer me up after some personal problems. Details are in my sig. Total surprise for me so very nice gift. My reason for posting is GPUZ and the NVidia Control Panel detailed info show my GTX570 as being PCI Express x8 Gen 2. Now The card is in the top slot, PCI Express 16 labelled clearly. There is nothing occupying the other PCI Express slots. Most bios options are all at stock. She got me the 2600 not the 2600k so no over-clocking done on the board for CPU. Am I missing something or is that the way it is supposed to be? Things run very nicely but a friend pointed it out to me yesterday when he came to inspect my new toy.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Comment

Just picked up the G1 Assassin, just wondering if someone could give me some information on the e2100. I have never used one and unsure of how to set up. I run the band width test and it fail every time. any help would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X