Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I leave eist on,it won't hurt anything as it only works if CPU v is set on normal/auto,I would leave mb battery out overnight just to be 100% sure its fully cleared,then go from there,as for core parking not sure as I'm on older BIOS that doesn't have it
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hoping someone has an idea because I am about to pull my hair out. I just put together a new build using the following.

i5-2500K
      G.Skill Sniper 2x4GB DDR3 1600
      Seasonic 660
      Corsair 600T SE
      Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

I did a fresh install of Win 7 64 bit and updated all drivers. I then tried to add the Ceton InfiniTV4 to the PCI-E x1 slot and I can't get past loading the operating system. The PC just reboots. I tried the rest of the PCI-E x1 slots and had the same results. I even tried the PCI-E x16 slot but same result.

I pulled the Ceton card from my Gigabyte Ga-P55-UD4P which had no issues when I added the card so I know it isn't the Ceton card. I reinstalled the Ceton card in my old PC and it works fine. For some reason though the Z68 board just crashes when trying to add the Ceton card.

Comment

@brennok
        I see a lot of updates to BIOS since first release. Latest on GB site is F8 and latest beta in the beta BIOS sticky is F9c.

Comment

<OBJECT id=tts codeBase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000 width=18 height=18>

</OBJECT>
          I have a very simple question ... Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard, Creative X-fi sound card (or on the azalia sound card)
          Except the bios F12, (F13 beta BIOSes, and before all inclusive) while listening to music or watching films or playing games, cracking sound, break down is occurring ... "snap, pat, snap, pat," ... this is very frustrating, and just because cracks F12 in the BIOS so I can not use another bios ... huge gigabyte is 2 years was unable to resolve this problem ... F12 audio delay setting in the BIOS, the BIOS next lara incapable of implementing it ... just so I did not get one more gigabyte motherboard, will not be taking ...
          Despite this situation many times to pass your gigabytes Technical Support, suggestions for setting made ​​me nonsense ...
          If you pass them to the authorities Lsdmeasap thank you very much ...

sorry bad english

Comment

• Core parking

Originally posted by jwdavid1981 View Post
            I haven't tried either of those, the box is in a rack case and the battery is under both video cards. so keep eist on if voltages are set? I have core parking turned off too..
            core parking is a feature in windows vista and up where when u have a QC with HT it shuts off logical cores, which is why you may only see 4 logical cores in W7 with a QC and HT turned on. you need to remove registry keys to turn it off and enable all cores. it makes a pretty big difference because without it hyperthreading is pretty much useless.
            Btw... the vcore display of 2.18 that i'm referring to is in pc health page.. i have it set to 1.225 or 1.3 something like that. i reflashed it back to the FI bios today and tried that trick you said, i can't really tell if it works or not because default settings make first display pci and mine needs to be set to PCI-E 16x2
            I mean, it cleared all my presets out..Also.. whats the deal with overclocking RAM.. once I get this vcore issue situated and it applies correctly I think my ram speed was my limit. i have kingston hyperX 1600 xmp running at 1600, usually set uncore 2x+1 where x=ram speed. its 9 9 9 27 i think. When i push past 200 blck the memory doesnt like overclocks, do i need more voltage or put the uncore way up more?
            FYI CPU cooler is an antec version of the Corsair H70 with the low profile pump.. before that i modded my H50 by getting rid of the fins inside the pump.. or like every other one so it flows much faster.. and used dual radiators sandwiched between 3 fans like a big mac.. it made a difference.. but it looked ugly hanging out the back and i went back to the rack case. now i have 2 fans in push pull and a fan controller on the front of the box.. one of the fans i got at radio shack its a 3000RPM 85CFM fan.. that wouldn't mess the voltage up would it?
            I'm just trying to think of all the things i did around the time of the problem. i just remember it was real humid one weekend and all the sudden temps started climbing. System has always been unstable using EZTune, so i don't use it.. what about DES? and how do you restore stuff with that GB smart backup?
            Isn't there a jumper or switch to reset instead of taking out the battery.. and does the computer need to be turned on or should i just leave it off battery out overnight or what?
            thx..

Comment

@jwdavid yes a jumper on the cmos pins will be fine if left on overnight,I don't use des so can't say,the oc back up? You can save/load oc settings f10/f11 I think in the BIOS,uncore freq can be 2x,2x+1 or 2x+2

For ram you might need more qpi/vtt voltage to be stable,try with an odd or even CPU multi as some are more stable with an odd or even multiplier
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte 990FX-UD5 along with Phenom X6 1090T.
                I installed the F4 bios. WOW. So many problems ... The board without any overclocking gives 1.504V (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to the CPU.

Can someone give me please, please some newer BIOS like F5...

Thank you.

Comment

@PhrozenOne

Try extended CMOS clear, turn off the PSU or unplug it from the wall, discharge the capacitors by pressing the power button once, take out the battery and short the CLR_CMOS pins for about 30 minutes.
                  When you frist power up enter BIOS and load optimized defaults,reboot, and make anyother changes needed, like RAID, disk order etc.

If this not enough try a longer period of few hours/over night CMOS clear.

Comment

• BIOS with VT-d support enabled ? Please help ! (F4a isn't newest..)

Dear forum members,

I have a GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Mobo, 16GB ADATA, etc..

How I bought the machine:
                    - BIOS F3
                    - CPU: Core i5-2500K

I make a server of the box (using Debian) so I needed VT-d.
                    - BIOS: updated to F4a (http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/upload/...UD3-B3_VTD.zip is special bios with VT-d support for P67A-UD3-B3)
                    - CPU: Core i7-2600

Now everything is just fine, but for my board, BIOS F5 is out, with 22nm CPU support (most important for later upgrades). But how about VT-d ? I think I'll loose my "VT-d: enabled" capability with the F5 BIOS.

Questions:
                    1. Is there a F5 bios with VT-d support ? (Not only VT-x but also VT-d). Something like F5a..
                    - Are all "a" marked BIOS-es beta ? From above link you can find F4a and it works beautiful for me. Am I using a beta ? :)
                    - What about F7a ? Recommended, not recommended ? VT-d capable, or not yet ?

Thank you a lot !

Comment

I will listen to any suggestion and take all the help I can get

Comment

• BSOD after new RAM install

Hello

Have just installed new Adata RAM (In spec below) and started getting BSOD's... put old RAM back in and problem stopped.

Changed RAM timings to manual 5-5-5-15 to match RAM which yielded a slight improvement but system still unstable.

Ran Memtest which came up with no errors

Any suggestions?

Cheers

M

Comment

• Re: BSOD after new RAM install

Originally posted by NZMks View Post
                          Have just installed new Adata RAM (In spec below) and started getting BSOD's... put old RAM back in and problem stopped.
                          If possible, attach a CPU-Z text report (About tab -> Create Report (.TXT))
                          What was the old memory configuration(part#, amount)?

Originally posted by NZMks
                          Changed RAM timings to manual 5-5-5-15 to match RAM which yielded a slight improvement but system still unstable.
                          Are those the only changes you made in M.I.T?
                          Use the template in this post to post your settings.

Please create a new thread with the information requested above.

Comment

Thanks Chike

Have just physically inspected each RAM module and discovered that one stick (although all 4 x suppossed to be matched..!) was;

CL: 6-6-6-15 V: 1.9 ~ 2.1

Were as other 3 modules are;

CL: 5-5-5-15 V: 2.1 ~ 2.3

Currently appears to be stable running on 2 x matched modules

Only changes to MIT were; Manually set timing to 5-5-5-15, manually set multiplier to 1066.

Will see how this goes and return unmatched modules to get matched pair...

Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi, wondered if someone could help me, i seem to have a power problem, firstly i have a monitor with its own usb hub that i plug my web cam and tv into, on boot up sometimes the web cam is not detected but if i turn on my desk fan it connects exactly the sametime as switching on the esk fan, its been like this for as long time, a few days ago i purchased ag510 keyboard and a new mouse, both have led lights, these work fine but the problem is after shutdown, if i turn on the desk fan, the keyboard light and mouse light come on and stay on, now all i can think is that there supposed to stay on anyway because of the on/off charge function making the usb live, but this isnt working un till i switch on the desk fan, i have all my hardware plugged into a surge protector because i thought that was causing the web cam issue, and this morning since i left the leds on the keyboard and mouse on, ive noticed my cmos batt is now 3.200 it used to be and was alway 3.164.Is my board fried? is this why i keep getting corrupted bios when turning off extreme memory profile? it flashes the recovery bios if i update the bios and use extreme memory and then turn extreme memory off. There are no power fluctuations when looking at aida 64 ,12v is a little high but its always been this way and is still in range, 5v is a little low but still in range, im using coolermaster silent pro 850watt(is this causing me problems)
                              A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

• Last edited by boe323; 09-04-2011, 04:22 AM.
                                A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Working...
                                X