This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z68X-ud5-B3 no post with pci card(s) installed

Mobo GA-Z68X-UD5-B3, CPU 2600k. 16 GB corsair vengance 9-9-9-24, EVGA GTX550Ti, WD HD 1TB caviar black, Pure Power 680W PS, OptiarcDVD, Windows 7

Bios f7 optimized defaults
    Will boot with PCI UAD card installed. Will not boot with Pro tools HD pci card or adaptec AUA-3020 fire wire/usb pci card. I have tried both pci slots with the fire wire/ usb pci card. The Avid HD core Digidesign can only fit in the lower slot.
    The Avid HDcore pci card is FAB 9410-28574-00 REV F ASY 915028574-00 REV L
    The board will not post with the adaptec AUA 3020 Firewire/USB PCI card P/N 2030800 REV A 0432, or the Avid HDcore PCI card.

Please help

Comment

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Z68-UD3H-B3
      Core I5
      Win 7 64 Pro

Using this motherboard with a Vantech UGT-IS100R SATA II 300 IDE/PATA PCI-E card will not allow me to get into the BIOS. It hangs with a blinking cursor after the Vantec card displays the devices attached to it. The system will boot properly if you don't try to access the system BIOS and the system runs stable with the card installed. Running TouchBIOS works normally in Windows. This happens with F2, F3, and F4 bios. I have tried some additional PCie and PCI SATA expansion cards and with the Intel Raid bios active it seem booting is always handed off the the expansion card instead of what's connected to the motherboard SATA ports. I had this same issue with an older Gigabyte board. I need a few more SATA ports and I don't want to boot from an expansion card and loose the ability to use Smart Response. I can live with the Vantech card but would prefer a different solution. I'm hoping this can be fixed with a bios update so I don't have to look for another motherboard.

As an update, I have resolved this issue by updating to the F5d BIOS. I can now get to the system BIOS properly. I was also having very long delays trying to boot from a CD/DVD drive which turned out to be the CD/DVD Boot Option (EFI) set to Auto. I set this to disabled and I can now boot from optical drives properly. There seems to be no resolution for using other PCie or PCI SATA expansion cards as they will interfere with the operation of the Intel RAID BIOS. I still wish I had a few more SATA ports but I'll live with this configuration until I find a more flexible solution. Perhaps a port replicator board would work with the onboard Marvell controller...
      Last edited by worker; 07-14-2011, 01:28 PM. Reason: Resolved

Comment

Hi,

CPU AMD|ATH II X3 455 3.3G AM3 RT
        CASE ROSEWILL|CHALLENGER RT
        Motherboard GIGABYTE | GA-78LMT-S2P R
        VGA SAPPHIRE Radeon HD6870
        PSU ANTEC| 520W HCG-520 RTL
        MEMORY 2Gx2|GSKILL F3-10666CL9D-4GBNS
        HD 500G|WD SATAIII
        DVD BRN ASUS | DRW

I am building a new computer for the first time. I watched videos and read tutorials and it appears the connections are good. All components seem to run fine on first power up. I get stuck at "verifying dmi data." I power down, disconnect sata HDD, and reboot. Windows setup begins but I can't use my ps2 keyboard when asked to hit enter to continue setup. Unplugging keyboard and reinserting, I see the keyboard leds briefly flash.

What am I missing? I'll be more than happy to provide more info.

Thanks.

Comment

@bosco40
          What is the board revision(printed in the corner near PCI slot I/O panel side) and BIOS version (F9 in main BIOS screen, main BIOS ves.)?
          Ahat frequency does the memory defalt to?

Comment

• Hi!

Ok i need a little help guys. I'd like to upgrade my CPU so my question is:
            - does the GA-945GCM-S2C motherboard support Intel E5800 CPU?

Found a list of supported CPUs here, but E5800 is not listed here at all (not even as unsupported).
            Does it mean its NOT supported, so theres no way to use this CPU with this board, or just not tested thus not listed here.

(btw the funny thing is, there are many FSB>800Mhz CPUs listed as supported, yet the Intel 945GC chipset only supports FSB up to 800Mhz... how come?)

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi Gigabyte Support,

I need help, I would like to know the top 5 major differences between the Dell Optiplex Gx150 and the new Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3.

The Gx150 came out in 2001 and the Z68 in 2011 so I know there are vast differences but its for a college report and there asking for simiarlities and differences.
              really appreciate your help.

Thanks Ruthie

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthie View Post
                Hi Gigabyte Support,

I need help, I would like to know the top 5 major differences between the Dell Optiplex Gx150 and the new Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3.

The Gx150 came out in 2001 and the Z68 in 2011 so I know there are vast differences but its for a college report and there asking for simiarlities and differences.
                really appreciate your help.

Thanks Ruthie
                You are correct, the differences are quite major!

We can't do your homework for you though, your best bet is to start looking at the specifications/features of each (The Z68X-UD7-B3 is just a motherboard, the GX150 is a complete system, so not sure how you are supposed to compare?)

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 (rev. 1.0)

Dell Optiplex Gx150 - Google Search

Comment

nVidia GTX 560Ti
                  Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 rev. 1 BIOS F10
                  8GB(2x4GB) G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 1.5v
                  500w Antec Earthwatts PSU
                  640GB WD HDD

Hello Gigabyte Tech Support!

I updated my BIOS to version F10 using QFlash. I think I did everything right:

Save BIOS file to thumb drive
                  Restart computer
                  Enter QFlash
                  Disable "Keep DMI data"
                  Load new BIOS file from thumb drive and wait and then reset
                  Load optimized defaults and reboot
                  Finally change settings to what they were before

I am having an issue with the multiplier. It is set at 38 by default for some reason and not 34 like it should be. When I try to change it to 34 it instantly reverts back to 38 and will not let me change it no matter what I try! I have tried enabling and disabling EIST, changing performance modes(standard, turbo, extreme), and clearing the CMOS.

Clearing the CMOS actually worked for a few minutes until I enabled the XMP profile on my memory and the FSB went from 1333 to 1600 and it automatically bumped the multiplier from 34 to 38 again which put me right where I left off. I can set the multiplier higher just not lower than 38. Seeing as 38 is the limit for Turbo Boost(at stock clock) it seems like the BIOS version F10 has somehow disabled the ability for my 2600K to use this feature. When I view the system specs under load all four cores are peaking at 3.8Ghz and at idle they settle to 1.6Ghz. This means that Intel Speedstep IS working but Turbo Boost is not because all four cores should not be at 3.8Ghz at the same time, only one.

Help!

Comment

Go back to the older BIOS for now if that is an issue for you, I'm sure they will be notified of the BIOS bug and fix it soon - thanks for your report

Comment

I called Gigabyte and they had a guy test a D3H-B3 and he had the same results as me. However, he told me that it is normal

I also called Intel and they also told me that if your run RAM at 1600Mhz with a Sandy Bridge CPU that the clock ratio tries to match the RAM in terms of bandwidth. Why doesn't this happen with BIOS version F5 and under then? Nobody has any answers.

Looks like I'll stick with F5 for now.

Comment

Ahh cool to know, thanks for the update!

I know in the past (Older BIOSes) they were having issues with the Turbo multipliers working correctly, and they just recently fixed it, so apparently what you noticed in the past wasn't what you'd normally expect.

Intel telling you the same verifies Gigabyte's new reply to you, so all sounds like it's now working properly to me.

If you have to have x34 CPU, you might be able to disable the CPU turbo function and set 34, but not sure if that will work now that they've fixed the BIOSes.

Comment

Hello friend

I have a GA-Z68X-UD3-B3, but I can not use dynamic vcore (offset) when the active Dynamic Vcore

Many-Steps Load-Line is disabled, and when active the Multi Steps Dynamic Load line my Vcore is
                          disabled, see in the image below, there is some BIOS releases using Multi Dynamic Steps and Vcore together?

Pics

imgur: the simple image sharer

sry for my bad english

My GA

Lasting Quality from GIGABYTE.GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ motherboards bring together a unique blend of features and technologies that offer users the absolute ...
                          Last edited by SiriQueiju; 08-18-2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Overvoltage problem with EX58-UD3R Rev1.6 / i7 920 - vcore wont budge from 2.16v

I've tried everything, IDK if this was the result of a bad BIOS flash, I upgraded the PS from a 600W to an 850W Modular Unit, Went back a version on the BIOS (From I to H) reset the battery, the weird thing is all the settings reset to default after reflashing but no matter what I set the VCore at.. auto, usually 1.3v, it always reads 2.18V under PC Health. I have all cores on, tried turning off Turbo boost, but i guess the x21 multiplier is turbo automatically. Only thermal monitor is on, I've tried turning EIST on, I had this box running stable for like a year at 4.2Ghz (specs in sig) right now with CPU PLL set to 1.5v and Blck at 160, no matter what i set the multiplier to it stays at 21x..
                            Can change QPI settings, but on auto QPI settings in CPU-Z seem to differ from BIOS setting of 2x mem speed (3200) or 2x +1. DRAM voltage and speed are correct. Initially I thought the humidity and heat we experienced in July in CT was the cause, not so.. Please help I depend on this box for finding jobs and music production. [I can use my Mac Pro but I don't have office on that, or support for 3 monitors without having to run 2 video cards but thats another issue for another board and has to do with using a non-Apple branded card. I have a 28" Hanns G 281 that I love (another would be great) so being stuck with that isn't too bad its just a PITA to switch everything over since I only have 1 iLok and license I have to plug all the USB stuff to the MAC and just put Lion on it after screwing Snow Leo up messing with video Kexts to get the PC 5770 to work in there.] Plus I can't OC it because its EFI based.

I was a pro-hackintosh but bought this last year prior to support for the 5770 and ProTools 8 being really unstable on W7P64. I have all the drivers installed for this, With my OS on the GSata RAID1 and my Storage/ProTools disk on a 1TB RAID 5 array on the ICH10 RAID controller. The weird thing is, whether I setup this box using Windows Deployment Services with drivers preloaded on the Boot/install images (the Mac has a 2008R2 drive) or using a CD burned from the same image, the MBR/System partition always gets installed on the Raid 5 drive and after a few lockups during OC'ing, or other glitches the RAID 5 array needs a rebuilt and the boot info is corrupt. Should I image each of the partitions (Including the system) then repartition a new RAID 1 array on spare WD 320's that i have correctly, and add each image to the RAID 1 mirror manually? The first time i setup W7 i never had this problem. I screwed up my original RAID1 array by breaking the RAID and reinstalled it, but I still have the original disks hoping Stellar PHeonix or something can fix it..I doubt the two are related but most importantly I need this voltage issue fixed. I originally used WDS the first time, on the system that ran at 4.2Ghz stable for a year. When I rebuilt it, I had some issues with RAM being recognized (it was the same chips, just needed re-seating) and also wanted to run the latest drivers for bug fixes and latest (non-Beta) BIOS.. thats when the problems started.
                            I have voltage manually set to 1.3 and qpi to 1.2 like it says to the left of the setting just incase auto setting is different. Please help!!!
                            P.S. load line does nothing for the problem. Before my Vcore on the 4.2 stable OC using the GB tutorial and info from various sites was like 1.225.. But I could never get above 4.4 without freezing because Kingston Hyper X Ram won't OC.. I probably would need to lower the memory speed. I also thought the QPI speed for the i7 920 was 6.4GT/s not 4.8 like the default.
                            Its 1600mhz DDR-3.. I wish I got 2100 or Mushkin instead.
                            Last edited by jwdavid1981; 08-18-2011, 04:59 PM. Reason: one more thing

Comment

@jwdavid have you cleared/removed cmos battery for 30mins or overnight? Then load optimized defaults,then at splash screen press alt and f12 to make sure both back up and main BIOS chips have the same BIOS version on them,then enter your bios settings, check in Windows power saving options that its on high performance if you don't want CPU to throttle at idle and balanced along with eist enabled in the BIOS if you do(CPU won't throttle if a fixed CPU voltage is set) only on normal or auto
                              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I haven't tried either of those, the box is in a rack case and the battery is under both video cards. so keep eist on if voltages are set? I have core parking turned off too..

Comment

Working...
                                X