Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Any chance somebody from Gigabyte can chime in on my issues with the GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI posted here http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/50309-major-problems-gigabyte-ga-x79s-up5-wifi-board.html?

Comment

System Specification:

CPU : Intel Xeon E5-2650 - 20MB -1600Mhz
      Motherboard : Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi
      Memory : CORSAIR 8GB DDR3-1600 X 8 (CMZ8GBX3M1A1600C10)
      SSD : CORSAIR 120GB
      VGA : MSI GT610 2GB DDR3
      DVD : LG 24X MULTI-DVD
      POWER SUPPLY : COOLMAX 600W 80PLUS

Issue :
      After Installing windows 2008 R2 DataCentre, when added role to add Hyper-V, System Hangs on boot. Tried to disable VIA VL800 chip USB 3.0 ports. It boots normally.(If Fresco FL1009 USB 3.0 chip kept enabled only front usb panel works as back-ports don't work)

What could be the reason, Tried with Updated Drivers/BIOS, same issue.
      Is there any specific or update (Beta) drivers for VIA /Fresco usb 3 ports.

Earliest reply is anticipated.

Regards,.

Comment

Originally posted by naveed View Post
        System Specification:

CPU : Intel Xeon E5-2650 - 20MB -1600Mhz
        Motherboard : Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi
        Memory : CORSAIR 8GB DDR3-1600 X 8 (CMZ8GBX3M1A1600C10)
        SSD : CORSAIR 120GB
        VGA : MSI GT610 2GB DDR3
        DVD : LG 24X MULTI-DVD
        POWER SUPPLY : COOLMAX 600W 80PLUS

Issue :
        After Installing windows 2008 R2 DataCentre, when added role to add Hyper-V, System Hangs on boot. Tried to disable VIA VL800 chip USB 3.0 ports. It boots normally.(If Fresco FL1009 USB 3.0 chip kept enabled only front usb panel works as back-ports don't work)

What could be the reason, Tried with Updated Drivers/BIOS, same issue.
        Is there any specific or update (Beta) drivers for VIA /Fresco usb 3 ports.

Earliest reply is anticipated.

Regards,.
        VIA latest drivers - drivers & utilitaires pour chipsets Via
        Fresco latest drivers - FRESCO LOGIC

Hope this helps you.

Comment

Hi all.
          I commented the following problem, you can have if I suggest some solution.
          Before my system had the following components:
          i7-3770K
          z68-UD7-B3
          4x4 GB G. Skill Sniper
          Gigabyte GTX 680 OC 2GB (Bios F4)
          S.O. Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64 (raid 0 2xVertex 4256 GB)

With this configuration, the system worked well.

I changed the motherboard Gigabyte Z77X-by UP7. Then I started giving random errors: "Kernell nvidia". The computer froze momentarily, then recover throwing this error. (Bios F3, F4 and F5D; nvidia drivers 301.42, 306.23, 306.96 and 310.33)

I talked to my dealer, and I finished changing the new one.

When I relocated me again the same problem. Now I have the BIOS F5g.

Would install 4x8 GB G. Skill Trident X, but one of the modules it's defective and I had to return the entire kit, waiting for a new one.

Is inconsistency between this chart and this particular motherboard?
          Pede? Ram that together with the motherboard and graphics caused by this failure?

(Of course, for every change I made clear cmos)

Tell me what you think.

Thanks for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by PolifemoX View Post
            Hi all.
            i7-3770K
            z68-UD7-B3
            4x4 GB G. Skill Sniper

I changed the motherboard Gigabyte Z77X-by UP7. Then I started giving random errors: "Kernell nvidia". The computer froze momentarily, then recover throwing this error. (Bios F3, F4 and F5D; nvidia drivers 301.42, 306.23, 306.96 and 310.33)

Would install 4x8 GB G. Skill Trident X, but one of the modules it's defective and I had to return the entire kit, waiting for a new one.

Pede? Ram that together with the motherboard and graphics caused by this failure?

Tell me what you think.

Thanks for everything.
            I doubt it has anything to do with the combination of hardware used. I have a UP7 with Trident X RAM and have used many different GPU's with no issue.

Are you used one card? If so are you using the Black slot?

Now for my issue, UP7 with A6 error code, cannot get to the BIOS no matter what I try so my only question is, can I get the BIOS flashed without sending the board in to get RMA'ed?

Comment

• Does GA-X58A-UD3R support a GV-670OC-2GD GPU?

Trying to find out if my GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard supports the GV-670OC-2GD GPU before I go out and buy one having been hit with a problem with another (not Gigabyte) 670 GPU. I know it supports a GV-N670WF2-2GD GPU but was looking to get an overclocked board.

Thanks,

George
              MB: GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev 2.0) BIOS Version: FH
              CPU: I7 950 @ 3.06GHz
              PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro Hybrid 80+ Gold, 850W
              GPU: Gigabyte GTX 580
              Mem: Crucial 1333 DDR3

Comment

Hi, will there be UEFI bios for P67-ds3-b3 rev. 1.0 , because i really like this board and the way it performs. And if not, can i use bios from the rev. 2.0 of the same board ?

Comment

Originally posted by PolifemoX View Post
                  Hi all.
                  i7-3770K
                  z68-UD7-B3
                  4x4 GB G. Skill Sniper

Tell me what you think.

Thanks for everything.

Finally I found the error. The graphics card fails, when the pci-e Gen3 mode (3.0 x16) is enabled. Operating mode pci-e 2.0 x16 (PCI-E 3.0 x8) works perfectly.
                  Just need to know if the graphics card fails, the CPU or the motherboard. While I believe the motherboard is not because the seller changed me (this is the second motherboard).

Comment

Will a am3+ cpu run in a am3 socket? I have a 790xt-ud4 mobo running a amd 965 cpu.I would like to upgrade to a fx 6300.It looks like it will fit.I have read where the extra pin in the am3+ socket is for 8 core cpus.The 6300 is an 6 core cpu.I realize I could damage the motherboard,I am willing to chance that if you think it could post/boot work.The mobo is long since out of warrenty,and I would have to replace it anyway if this swap does not work.Mobo is running latest bios fa. Can this work ? Please advise .

Comment

Hi there.
                      Im having some issues with my new installed Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
                      After i installed the new mobo my screen woulden turn on with my GFX Asus 6950.
                      If i remove the gfx and use the internal one it work like a charm.

I thought maybe my gfx was broken, so i tested on my old mobo and it works.
                      So i tried again, but still no luck.

So i found a old pci-e card "gt230" and tried that one, that worked.
                      But everytime i put in my 6950 i get black screen, i have tried the hdmi on the card and the one on the mobo, same result.
                      Have tried vga / dvi / hdmi :(

Anyone here that maybe can help me.. maybe my card isent compatible with the gigabyte ?

ps. i just updated the bios to F16 in hope that could help.. but no :(

My system is:
                      Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
                      i5 3570K
                      Asus 6850
                      Corsair H60
                      Corsair TX650
                      Samsung 840 256GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by infact View Post
                        Hi there.
                        Im having some issues with my new installed Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
                        After i installed the new mobo my screen woulden turn on with my GFX Asus 6950.
                        If i remove the gfx and use the internal one it work like a charm.

I thought maybe my gfx was broken, so i tested on my old mobo and it works.
                        So i tried again, but still no luck.

So i found a old pci-e card "gt230" and tried that one, that worked.
                        But everytime i put in my 6950 i get black screen, i have tried the hdmi on the card and the one on the mobo, same result.
                        Have tried vga / dvi / hdmi :(
                        Try with both the 6950 and gtx230 in your system and see if Windows recognises both devices in Device Manager. If it does, install the 6950 driver and try a reboot. It may not solve your problem but you may then get the same problem I have with a GTX 670 - no video on post or Windows boot but after I installed the driver through the same route (second graphics card) the card would provide video after Windows loaded the driver. With me it looks like the resolution of my monitor may be causing the problem. Not sure if your monitor has an HDMI port, but my GTX 670 worked fine through HDMI to my TV.

Comment

hey and thank you for your suggestion. But sadly it dident do the trick for me, i have both card in my machine now and plugged the hdmi to the gt230 screen it working now, in windows i checked if it found the 6950 it did. So i installed the driver, rebooted and waited for windows to load finish, switched the hdmi to the 6950 insted of the gt230 --- Black screen again :(
                          In bios i switched it to Gen1 to see if that helped, it dident :(

Comment

Sorry it didn't work. Looks like you are in an even worse position than I am. This happened to me as well - I'm sure there is something similar to the NVidia Control centre for your 6950 card. Can you connect your monitor to both cards and switch the source for video O/P? My monitor has DVI and VGA ports and I can connect one card to the DVI port and the other to the VGA port then switch which one gets control of the screen via the Source button on the monitor. The NVidia control centre would then report two displays and you can select which one is the main display - I selected my GTX670 as the main display. An alternative is to take out the GT230 and see if you then get video when Windows has loaded the driver. It works for me except I don't see anything during POST or Windows boot.

Comment

In another tread Stasio found something that helped me out.

Output Issues on ASUS 6950 2gb

It seems like i have a dual bios on my gpu, so i just had to switch and the screen is working again. :)

Comment

Hi!
                                I want to buy z75pro3, but my power supply has 4pin power connector and i am using corei3 2100 and it doesn't consume much power neither i am gonna overclock it, so can i just plug in 4 pin plug in 8 pin socket of motherboard.I am soon gonna buy Asus hd6870 it has 2 6pin power connectors so i am gonna use both molex connectors to manage another 6pin connector so i am left with only 4 pin connector.So as i mentioned above my question is can i plug in 4pin plug into 8 pin socket of mother board,if yes then on which side of 8 pin socket of board?(my PS has a 6pin and a 4pin power connector)

Comment

Working...
                                X