Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Try doing the install with only 4GB of ram, sounds like you may not have things setup properly. XMP or Auto can often be wrong or your setup

Just so you know, I too have seen windows Vista and 7 seem to freeze at the initial install point, but after waiting maybe 5 minutes the install process started back up. Not sure of the causes of this, but I have seen it a few times on 100% Stable machines. I have not however seen it happen then shut off as you describe.

If you don't have any luck with 4GB, let me know and I can help you try to get your settings a bit more stable

Thanks for the input! I'll give it a shot once i get home from work today.

Comment

Hi I have a system with the motherboard GA-MA790X-DS4 with a phenom 9550 and 8gb crutial mem it runs like a dream.

I have recently bought a second hand
      GA-MA790X-DS4 which does not post and there is no video response, it only produces long single beeps when all the memory is removed, all the fans work. I have tried swapping all components with the good system but no change.

The company I bought it from say they tested it with an a
      AMD X2 4800+ Processor, Generice Memory is 667ddr ii 1gb.

Could you tell me if this is a bios problem or is the board screwed?

thanks

Comment

Hi ancliberties First try resetting the bios per Gigabytes instructions. http://china.giga-byte.com/FileList/...790x-ds4_e.pdf
        You could be getting a short from the case. We recommend removing that motherboard from the case/chassis and test the board for POST. Please follow the following simple steps.
        1. Place the motherboard on top of the cardboard box (you can use the motherboard box)
        2. reseat and or install a good CPU, good CPU fan, good Memory, good power supply (plug the 1 X 20 pin and 1 X 4 or 2 X 8 pin from the power supply unit) and a good video card.
        3. Hook the monitor to the video card and be sure the monitor is switched on.
        4. Turn on the system board by using the good case "Power on" switch.
        If the system fails to POST, check the components' insertion again to ensure they are all connected properly.
        These are instructions from Gigabyte. Try this and let us know how it goes.
        Last edited by artdrivers; 07-02-2009, 08:59 AM.
        http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
        http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
        Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
        Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
        Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
        4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
        (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
        (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
        (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
        Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
        Mid size ATX case with show through panel
        2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
        Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
        Logitech G500 USB mouse
        Monitor: CMV937A
        7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
        Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

I have tried reseting the bios, even leaving it for many hours without a battery and a jumper in place, tried changing bat, but no change, I have changed memory with known good memory out of the working system, all power plugs checked many times, swapped psu, cpu, cpu cooler, built outside of case, tried graphics card in other slot, the only thing I havent tried is using an older cpu because I don't have one.

Comment

Try doing the install with only 4GB of ram, sounds like you may not have things setup properly. XMP or Auto can often be wrong or your setup

Just so you know, I too have seen windows Vista and 7 seem to freeze at the initial install point, but after waiting maybe 5 minutes the install process started back up. Not sure of the causes of this, but I have seen it a few times on 100% Stable machines. I have not however seen it happen then shut off as you describe.

If you don't have any luck with 4GB, let me know and I can help you try to get your settings a bit more stable

Well, I tried to boot with 4GB, no luck... the computer just shut off when 7 was loading

Comment

I have weird voltage setting problem with EP45-UD3P Rev.1.1.
              My full system can be seen on my sig.

At first, when I was using GTX285, everything worked out very well. I can maintain a rock solid OCing and I can set any value on any field in BIOS and ET6 show the changes on its voltage value in Windows.
              My OC setting was 3.82 Ghz + DDR2 1080 Mhz 5-5-5-15 with 2.40B divider, PCI-E clock set fixed to 100 Mhz and all CPU feature was disabled.

Problem arises when I change the VGA card to Sapphire HD4850 Vapor-X. I can't set the Vfsb and Vmch ref anymore. Everytime I set them in BIOS, the voltages will always stuck at their default value when I see them via ET6 in Windows.
              My suggestion is the VGA card that may cause this problem. Because I have tried upping its PCI-E clock too in BIOS, but it seems to lock its clock at 100 Mhz and it's unchangeable at all.

I had tried four different BIOS F7, F8, F9, and the latest F9L without any success. And I had tried two boards of the same type, but both of them showed the same error.
              Worse thing, when I try to use divider 2.00B or 2.00D, all of the voltages in BIOS even refuse to change even a bit! :(

I think there's some kind of incompability problem in this board (most probably the BIOS) with my current VGA card that causing such a weird problem.
              Do anyone here ever have the same problem with this board? I do hope that Gigabyte technical support would investigate this problem further and release a new BIOS that solve it ASAP.

Thanks...
              Core i7-860 @ 3.8 Ghz + Prolimatech MegaShadow Dual Fan
              EP55-UD4P BIOS F6
              G-Skill Trident DDR3 1600 Mhz CL8 4 GB kit@1800 Mhz CL9
              Palit GTX260 Sonic 896 MB
              WDC Blue 640 GB + Green 1 TB
              X-Fi Xtreme Gamers Fatality Pro XRAM 64 MB
              Corsair HX850W
              Cooler Master HAF932
              Win7 Ultimate x64

Comment

Well, waiting for three days for answer here but no response at all?

And worse thing, today I get an answer from Gigabyte Techical Support in Taiwan, and instead of trying to solve my problem by realising a new BIOS, they tell me just to contact Sapphire for a new BIOS for my VGA card! What the...?
                Basically it's the motherboard that have failed to maintain it's BIOS setting, meanwhile the VGA card itself is working just fine without any issues. So, the one that should fix the BIOS is Gigabyte, not Sapphire, am I right?

I think I'm giving it up now for good.
                Adios Gigabyte...
                EP55-UD4P BIOS F6
                Corsair HX850W
                Cooler Master HAF932
                Win7 Ultimate x64

Comment

hi. i have a ga-g31mf-s2 gigabyte motherboard with an core2duo e6750 processor and a pair of 1GB kingston pc2-8500 memory sticks. why do they show up as running at 800MHz instead of the stated 1066MHz? thanks

Last edited by spike_spiegel; 07-07-2009, 05:32 PM. Reason: added images from cpu-z

Comment

Originally posted by Humbl3 View Post
                    Well, waiting for three days for answer here but no response at all?

And worse thing, today I get an answer from Gigabyte Techical Support in Taiwan, and instead of trying to solve my problem by realising a new BIOS, they tell me just to contact Sapphire for a new BIOS for my VGA card! What the...?
                    Basically it's the motherboard that have failed to maintain it's BIOS setting, meanwhile the VGA card itself is working just fine without any issues. So, the one that should fix the BIOS is Gigabyte, not Sapphire, am I right?

I think I'm giving it up now for good.
                    Adios Gigabyte...

Originally posted by spike_spiegel View Post
                    hi. i have a ga-g31mf-s2 gigabyte motherboard with an core2duo e6750 processor and a pair of 1GB kingston pc2-8500 memory sticks. why do they show up as running at 800MHz instead of the stated 1066MHz? thanks

You need to change a few things in your BIOS to run 1066 ram at 1066. All 1066 ram will start at 800, and show as 6400Mhz as that is what they really are. It is up to the end user to set timings and voltages so that they run at spec 1066Mhz.

First off I see you are running single channel mode, did you know that or are you just testing one stick in the above images?

You need to adjust your system memory multiplier, since you are running 333 FSB you would need to set this to 3.20B (3.20 x 333 FSB = 1066Mhz)

Then you will also need to adjust your ram voltage manually, I'd start at 2.1V and if that fails move to 2.2V (Use a fan on the ram if you run 2.2V 24/7). That would be +0.3 for 2.1V and +0.4V for 2.2v on the DDR2 OverVoltage Control setting in the MIT Section.

Comment

<P>
                      Sorry to have missed your posts!!! This thread was meant as a welcome thread, not for issues so that is why I had not looked at it until now. Sorry</P>
                      <P>&nbsp;</P>
                      <P>Do you still need help with this? Did you ever try raising your PCIE and SB Voltages?</P>
                      <P>&nbsp;</P>
                      <P>If you have not, try this as I have had a card or two give me issues until I raised these.</P>
                      <P>&nbsp;</P>
                      <P>MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: &lt;&lt; 1.14 (1.20-1.24 if 4GB)</P>
                      <P>MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........; &lt;&lt;&lt; Leave</P>
                      <P>MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: &lt;&lt;&lt; Leave</P>
                      <P><B>ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: &lt;&lt;&lt; 1.58</B></P>
                      <P><B>ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: &lt;&lt;&lt; 1.14-1.22</B></P>
                      <P>&nbsp;</P>
                      <P>&nbsp;</P>
                      <P>&nbsp;</P>
                      <P>&nbsp;</P>
                      <P>You need to change a few things in your BIOS to run 1066 ram at 1066. All 1066 ram will start at 800, and show as 6400Mhz as that is what they really are. It is up to the end user to set timings and voltages so that they run at spec 1066Mhz.</P>
                      <P>&nbsp;</P>
                      <P>First off I see you are running single channel mode, did you know that or are you just testing one stick in the above images?</P>
                      <P>&nbsp;</P>
                      <P>You need to adjust your system memory multiplier, since you are running 333 FSB you would need to set this to 3.20B (3.20 x 333 FSB = 1066Mhz)</P>
                      <P>&nbsp;</P>
                      <P>Then you will also need to adjust your ram voltage manually, I'd start at 2.1V and if that fails move to 2.2V (Use a fan on the ram if you run 2.2V 24/7). That would be +0.3 for 2.1V and +0.4V for 2.2v on the DDR2 OverVoltage Control setting in the MIT Section.
                      </P>
                      <P>&nbsp;hi, thanks. first off there is no option for 3.20 multiplier option. it's 3.00 (1000MHz) then 3.33.</P>
                      <P>secondly, i'm getting horrendous timings,</P>
                      <P></P>
                      <P></P>
                      <P>i've also flashed my motherboard to F2</P>
                      voltage set to 2.2v
                      Last edited by spike_spiegel; 07-08-2009, 07:34 AM. Reason: voltage settings added ...and frequency changed

Comment

Sorry I forgot your BIOS/Board had limited multipliers, you will have to adjust your FSB and or CPU multi and FSB to get around that.

I suggest using 445 FSB and 2.40B Multi, or you could drop your FSB to 320 and try 3.33 but it may not work so well like that.

If you do not want to overclock your CPU that far then you will just have to live with 800-900Mhz

As for your ram timings, set them yourself along with your ram voltage and you will be fine on that part of it all.

That's just not an overclocking board so you have limited options.

Comment

thanks for remininding me about the dual setup. before flashing motherboard, when i first recieved the kingston hyperx memory the pc wouldnt post with the new setup, so i had aligned them as single,
                          still pretty poor performance.
                          the cpu is still the same but dont want to risk anything as i have a stock cooler

Comment

NO Problems, I thought maybe you had not noticed so I figured I better say something.

Yeah, well with a stock cooler you cant do 400+ FSB for sure. You can try the 320 FSB setting I suggested, that may work ok

If not you will just need to run them at 800Mhz, you can likely set the timings to 444-12 then as long as you manually set the voltage up a little bit from 1.8V. If they are 2.2V sticks, then 1.9-2.1V would be fine for 444-12 @ 800Mhz, and you know that may even be faster than 555-18 @ 1066 anyway

Be sure you also manually set Static tRead Value to 6-8, depending on ram speed and multi chosen. If you do not see this setting, two under tRFC (Refresh to Act Delay) you may need to use the hotkey. On the MAIN Page of the BIOS press Control + F1 the screen will flash, then go into MIT Section and look again
                            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 07-08-2009, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your kind reply, Sir. It's nice to see that at last someone show a good response to my question, altough it is just too late now. I have sold the board and I'm looking for a new one now. :)
                              I'm sorry I missplaced my issue on the this thread, instead of creating a new one.

About your suggestion, yes, I had tried so many times (with different BIOS too; last one was F10b)) to raise every voltage to make things work out before this, but all of them were failed bad.

I had tried raising these field before:
                              PCI-E Clock voltages to 1000mv
                              CPU Clock voltages to 1000mv
                              MCH Core to 1.28v
                              ICH I/O to 1.57v (same as CPU PLL 1.57v)
                              ICH core to 1.2v

When I raised them, all fields value were changeable and could be seen have raised value on ET6, except Vfsb and Vmch reference that always keep to be stuck on their default value, 1.2v and 0.76v.

And like I had mentioned before, the case just got worse when I tried using 2.00B or 2.00D divider. All voltages just refuse to change their value even a little bit! and always be stuck on their default value in ET6, though I have changed them on BIOS setting.

Well, I think I just have to forget everything about this board from now on since it has been sold.
                              Once again, thanks a lot for your kind reply, Sir. Highly appreciated! :)
                              EP55-UD4P BIOS F6
                              Corsair HX850W
                              Cooler Master HAF932
                              Win7 Ultimate x64

Comment

[moved to another thread (because i have almost the same problem]
                                Last edited by Napoleon82; 07-11-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X