Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I had a question about water cooling systems from gigabyte, i wanted to know if the liquid inside the system, should it be moving along the pipes flowing or does the liquid look like its not moving? Also with regards to the gigabyte gtx 295..what is a good idle temp for it? mine at idle is ranges from 55-60...is that ok?

Comment

Well it should be moving of course, but you may not be able to tell that it is. Can you feel your pump running?

I am not sure about your GFX Card temps, but those look ok to me

Comment

Yes i can hear the pump, also the indicator is spinning which probably means it is working fine, just wanted to know for sure.

Comment

Hi I have a gigabyte UD5 with 12 gb Muskin 1333 but only 8 gb and I detected in windows 7 I designed 12 GB 8 used as I fix the vercion of the bios is 9e

Comment

I purchased a gigabyte ex38ds4 in march of last year, Ive already Rmaed this motherboard 2 times and now its not running any memory at 1066 and has random blue screens. Jason at gigabyte rma says he has to have this motherboard back to test it and he doesnt even have a replacement for it. Im going to have to shut my business down for a 3rd time over this motherboard. Im thinking just trash it and buy asus from now on.

specs
            tried all combinations of these products with fresh install of vista 64 and xp 32.
            NOTE: on fresh install of windows it usually wont blue screen until the 2nd day If I run memory @ 800, if I run memory @ 1066 it blue screens 3-4 times a day and reboots.

Q6600 @ 2.4
            Q9650 @ 3.0
            Corsiar dominator 1066 5-5-5-15 /4-4-4-12 @ 800 tried 2.0v-2.1v-2.2v
            Geil estoria 1066 5-5-5-15 /4-4-4-12 @ 800 tried all voltages these will go up to 2.5
            Patriot Viper 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1v
            antec tqp 850 w/power supply
            Hiper 880 w/power supply
            Ati 4870 video
            ati 2900xt (2 of these)
            Hitachi 500 gb sata ( I have 4 of these I tried in raid and seperate)
            WD raptor 36 gb
            seagate 7200.11 250 gb
            Tried all 3 of these hard drives in seperate install of windows.
            Artic cooler 7 pro cooler
            Stock intel cooler

Im at my wits end with this motherboard and dont know what else to do.
            Any help appreciated

Comment

Hey guys, here's my system setup
              i7 920 @ 2.7Ghz
              12GB DDR Corsair
              EVGA GeForce 295
              Antec 1200 case
              1000w Corsair PSU
              Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler

everything is air-cooled.

now my issue is that i was attempting to install leopard on this and went into the bios and changed a few settings around. Now when i boot back into win 7
              device manager does not see either of my two NIC cards on the mobo.

I went into Integrated Peripherals in bios have Onbard H/W LAN1/LAN2 Enabled
              Green LAN Enabled
              and both SMART LAN1/2 tests do not give back any successful tests.

Currently on the F7 Bios update. Would updating to the F9 bios fix this issue?
              Thanks

Comment

Im having issue with my GA-EX58-EXTREME. For some unknow reson my creative x-fi titanium championchip edition is detected somethimes, but somtimes not (can see it when the list of hardware comes up right before windows starts.) And in windows it cant detect it as an x-fi (says it is a high definition adio device.) and instalattion pof the drivers fails to install (no hardware found). Does my mobo have know issues with an x-fi? on 3 other pc the card works good only my pc not. im tryd to install the card in an other pci-e socket but the same issues. is there mabe somme hidden setting in the bios that needs to be set in order to get this fixed? Have tryed other forums but the feedback i get is that there is something wrong with my mobo.

My rig:
                GA-EX58-EXTREME (F7 bios)
                intel core i7 920
                12GB DDR3-1066 corsair
                gigabyte hd4870-1gb
                WD velociraptor 150 x2(raid)
                sony sata dvd-rw
                g15+g9
                windows 7 build7600

Comment

just made a recent discovery.

when i press F9 in bios (system info)
                  both lan mac addresses are N/A

does this mean that both of my lan lines are fried? :(

Comment

Hi Mr. Tweek, I started a thread last night, I just now noticed, tech support was here. Please help. This is my problem,

My system worked excellent for 19 days no o'cing. All new parts. I have Xp and Vista installed. I was on Vista and restarted to go into XP and thats when it started. First it was showing bootblock,

Award Bootblock Bios V 1.0
                    Award Software Inc
                    Scanning Bios Image on Hard Drive
                    Bios Auto Recovering.

It would shut down, restart, show this page and shut down again. It did that for like 5 booting attemps. Then it would just turn on the fans, LED's for a few seconds, shut down, turn on again, no video, The famous loop.

I tried taking out the battery, removing the memory, trying 1 stick at a time, 2 sticks, etc, in different sockets. I tried every possible combination. With all the memory removed, it stays on but no video. If I place 1 stick in the purple slot #3, it stays on, no video. otherwise it turns on and off endlessly. Also the reset button wont reset. It did work before. I see LED's blink on the video card but it wont reset the comp. Disconnected the reset button, still same problem. Just bought a motherboard speaker. Waiting for that to come in. I have 6 fans, all connected directly to PSU. *pin power connector is secured. 24 pin power connector is secured. The CPU was running at 26-29C at idle and 34-36C at full load. HDD at 30-32C. Video card was the hottest at 36 at idle and 42-44C full load.

EX58-UD3R V 1.0
                    I7 920
                    1 X ASUS Dark Knight HD 4870 512MB
                    Corsair XMS3 3 x 2GB 1600 (PC3 12800) 1.65V TR3X6G1600C9
                    Antec 300 modified (added window + 2 window fans)
                    Apevia 680W PSU AS680W-BL
                    HDD Western Digital 640GB X 2

I have seen lots of forums with people having similar problems with this motherboard. I have yet to find a fix that will work on mine. I really hope someone here can help. Thank you all for your precious time.

I tried with only 1 HDD, same thing, trying to find another PSU to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Khaled Imam View Post
                      Yes i can hear the pump, also the indicator is spinning which probably means it is working fine, just wanted to know for sure.

Ya, if you can see the indicator spinning and hear the pump the it is working just fine! I asked about the pump because I was not sure if you had an indicator or not.

Sounds like you are all set

Originally posted by edy4414 View Post
                      Hi I have a gigabyte UD5 with 12 gb Muskin 1333 but only 8 gb and I detected in windows 7 I designed 12 GB 8 used as I fix the vercion of the bios is 9e
                      Please make a thread with your full specs and settings, template to do so is in my signature.

I CAN Help!

Originally posted by allen41547 View Post
                      I purchased a gigabyte ex38ds4 in march of last year, Ive already Rmaed this motherboard 2 times and now its not running any memory at 1066 and has random blue screens. Jason at gigabyte rma says he has to have this motherboard back to test it and he doesnt even have a replacement for it. Im going to have to shut my business down for a 3rd time over this motherboard. Im thinking just trash it and buy asus from now on.

specs
                      tried all combinations of these products with fresh install of vista 64 and xp 32.
                      NOTE: on fresh install of windows it usually wont blue screen until the 2nd day If I run memory @ 800, if I run memory @ 1066 it blue screens 3-4 times a day and reboots.

Q6600 @ 2.4
                      Q9650 @ 3.0
                      Corsiar dominator 1066 5-5-5-15 /4-4-4-12 @ 800 tried 2.0v-2.1v-2.2v
                      Geil estoria 1066 5-5-5-15 /4-4-4-12 @ 800 tried all voltages these will go up to 2.5
                      Patriot Viper 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1v
                      antec tqp 850 w/power supply
                      Hiper 880 w/power supply
                      Ati 4870 video
                      ati 2900xt (2 of these)
                      Hitachi 500 gb sata ( I have 4 of these I tried in raid and seperate)
                      WD raptor 36 gb
                      seagate 7200.11 250 gb
                      Tried all 3 of these hard drives in seperate install of windows.
                      Artic cooler 7 pro cooler
                      Stock intel cooler

Im at my wits end with this motherboard and dont know what else to do.
                      Any help appreciated
                      Please make a new thread with all this data, so i can better keep track of all the help you receive

I would imagine you need to set MCH Core and or MCH ref properly to get stable, but I need you to make a new thread so I can help. Please see my signature for a template and give me the latest BIOS settings you try in full that fail and let me know which set of ram you are using then.

Also be sure to note what BIOS version you are using

Originally posted by enduser View Post
                      Hey guys, here's my system setup
                      i7 920 @ 2.7Ghz
                      12GB DDR Corsair
                      EVGA GeForce 295
                      Antec 1200 case
                      1000w Corsair PSU
                      Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler

everything is air-cooled.

now my issue is that i was attempting to install leopard on this and went into the bios and changed a few settings around. Now when i boot back into win 7
                      device manager does not see either of my two NIC cards on the mobo.

I went into Integrated Peripherals in bios have Onbard H/W LAN1/LAN2 Enabled
                      Green LAN Enabled
                      and both SMART LAN1/2 tests do not give back any successful tests.

Currently on the F7 Bios update. Would updating to the F9 bios fix this issue?
                      Thanks
                      I would say disable green LAN and reboot and check again, but since you are on F7... Yes, please update to the latest BIOS >>>

Be sure to read this if you are unfamilar with BIOS Flashing Procedures >>

Then if you still have issues, as stated above please make a new thread with your specs, settings, and issues.

Originally posted by Lonelobo View Post
                      Im having issue with my GA-EX58-EXTREME. For some unknow reson my creative x-fi titanium championchip edition is detected somethimes, but somtimes not (can see it when the list of hardware comes up right before windows starts.) And in windows it cant detect it as an x-fi (says it is a high definition adio device.) and instalattion pof the drivers fails to install (no hardware found). Does my mobo have know issues with an x-fi? on 3 other pc the card works good only my pc not. im tryd to install the card in an other pci-e socket but the same issues. is there mabe somme hidden setting in the bios that needs to be set in order to get this fixed? Have tryed other forums but the feedback i get is that there is something wrong with my mobo.

My rig:
                      GA-EX58-EXTREME (F7 bios)
                      intel core i7 920
                      12GB DDR3-1066 corsair
                      gigabyte hd4870-1gb
                      WD velociraptor 150 x2(raid)
                      sony sata dvd-rw
                      g15+g9
                      windows 7 build7600
                      Do you have Azlia Codec disabled in the BIOS? Yes, there has been some issues with X-FI but not what you mention. Normally sometimes they just do not work. Since yours works sometimes I do not think you are affected in this fashion.

Are you using S/PDIF? x64 system?

Originally posted by enduser View Post
                      just made a recent discovery.

when i press F9 in bios (system info)
                      both lan mac addresses are N/A

does this mean that both of my lan lines are fried? :(
                      Please try going into the BIOS and loading optimized defaults then apply and see if after you F10 save/reboot they still say that. Be sure to check that you enable them of course.

If still no luck you may need to reflash your BIOS >>>

Please read that for tips on loading optimized defaults as well, wether you flash your BIOS again or not

Originally posted by rx7pete View Post
                      Hi Mr. Tweek, I started a thread last night, I just now noticed, tech support was here. Please help. This is my problem,

My system worked excellent for 19 days no o'cing. All new parts. I have Xp and Vista installed. I was on Vista and restarted to go into XP and thats when it started. First it was showing bootblock,

Award Bootblock Bios V 1.0
                      Award Software Inc
                      Scanning Bios Image on Hard Drive
                      Bios Auto Recovering.

It would shut down, restart, show this page and shut down again. It did that for like 5 booting attemps. Then it would just turn on the fans, LED's for a few seconds, shut down, turn on again, no video, The famous loop.

I tried taking out the battery, removing the memory, trying 1 stick at a time, 2 sticks, etc, in different sockets. I tried every possible combination. With all the memory removed, it stays on but no video. If I place 1 stick in the purple slot #3, it stays on, no video. otherwise it turns on and off endlessly. Also the reset button wont reset. It did work before. I see LED's blink on the video card but it wont reset the comp. Disconnected the reset button, still same problem. Just bought a motherboard speaker. Waiting for that to come in. I have 6 fans, all connected directly to PSU. *pin power connector is secured. 24 pin power connector is secured. The CPU was running at 26-29C at idle and 34-36C at full load. HDD at 30-32C. Video card was the hottest at 36 at idle and 42-44C full load.

EX58-UD3R V 1.0
                      I7 920
                      1 X ASUS Dark Knight HD 4870 512MB
                      Corsair XMS3 3 x 2GB 1600 (PC3 12800) 1.65V TR3X6G1600C9
                      Antec 300 modified (added window + 2 window fans)
                      Apevia 680W PSU AS680W-BL
                      HDD Western Digital 640GB X 2

I have seen lots of forums with people having similar problems with this motherboard. I have yet to find a fix that will work on mine. I really hope someone here can help. Thank you all for your precious time.

I tried with only 1 HDD, same thing, trying to find another PSU to try.
                      Replied to your post here >>

Comment

Im using windows 7 build 7600 x64, and in the bios i have set somting to 64bit (default 32 bit) but dont know what is was. Im using a digital optical cable to connect my soundcard to the x-fi. Disable the onboard sound (azalia codex). In my device manager i have only my ati sound (from hd4870) and my not working high definition audio device with a code 10 error (the x-fi)

Comment

You need to uninstall the ATI Driver I believe, here is another user who had similar issues, maybe you can find the proper method of driver install mentioned there >>

Did you install the motherboard CD Driver using Express Install? I ask because if you did you likely also install the onboard realtek drivers, which you also would need to uninstall

Comment

I didnt use my cd, i downloaded all my drivers from the sites (inf+utilitys+lan),

Comment

OK, just checking. So you did not install RealTek HD Audio drivers then correct?

Azalia Codec is disabled in the BIOS right? Please uninstall your ATI Sound driver (You may need to fully uninstall ATI/CCC to do this properly) and then reinstall your X-FI Driver. Also uninstall any Microsoft updates in regards to sounds or sound drivers such as UAA device

Comment

Have uninstalled all drivers (ati/realtech/creative/logitech/microsoft drivers) and then run driversweeper in safe mode, restarted pc tryd to instal creative rivers: error->no supported hardware found? And yes, i disabled onboard sound :(

Comment

Working...
                                X