Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-MA790FXT-UD5P. New box unstable.

Originally posted by Chike View Post
    All the tests you ran do not suggest it's a memory issue, though I'd run Prime95 longer, 8+ hours blend, and couple of hours large FFT.
    Did you use the same memory on the other MB?
    Yes, you`re rigth... it's not a memory issue... 3 hours ago i've installed new other brand memory (listed as compatible at qualified vendor list), and it still hangs...
    On the other mb i've tested with the same original memos (Corsair).

I've tested til now, 2 mb (asus and gigabyte), 2 proccesors (the same model), 2 brands of memos, 3 graphic cards, 2 psu, 5 hd, and... i can't find the problem... maybe some FX790 chipset bug???... If was... everybody must have the same problem...

Thank your for your help.

Now, i'm working fine with this system, but, maybe, in a few moments... it will hang again... i can play games, run prime95, browsing, editing... the most of times it hangs when i start Everest, cpu-z, cpu-tweaker, or similar software... it seems that mb don't like software looking at temps, voltages, etc...

Comment

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Apart from OS, what drivers (and their versions) and other SW are you installing in each of your trials ?

Also, your HDD configuration would be helpful.

Originally posted by eb4ctw View Post
      Yes, you`re rigth... it's not a memory issue... 3 hours ago i've installed new other brand memory (listed as compatible at qualified vendor list), and it still hangs...
      On the other mb i've tested with the same original memos (Corsair).

I've tested til now, 2 mb (asus and gigabyte), 2 proccesors (the same model), 2 brands of memos, 3 graphic cards, 2 psu, 5 hd, and... i can't find the problem... maybe some FX790 chipset bug???... If was... everybody must have the same problem...

Thank your for your help.

Now, i'm working fine with this system, but, maybe, in a few moments... it will hang again... i can play games, run prime95, browsing, editing... the most of times it hangs when i start Everest, cpu-z, cpu-tweaker, or similar software... it seems that mb don't like software looking at temps, voltages, etc...
      Last edited by felix_w; 01-22-2010, 02:45 AM.

Comment

just got this GA EP45 UD3L board last week is it common for the boards last PCI slot not to work? It has 2 reg PCI slots on the bottom of the board i have a wireless card in one and was trying to put a sound card in the other but it seems to be getting no power because i tried the wireless card in the last slot and the lite did not even turn on and windows 7 didnt find it is my motherboard defective or am i missing something? The first PCI slot works no problem.
        Last edited by saaiello; 01-22-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I would like to buy a GA-P55A-UD3R, but I cannot find it for sale in the US or Canada.

I do not want to buy the GA-P55A-UD3P because it has the TPM chip, which I wish to avoid.

Will the GA-P55A-UD3R be offered for sale in the US soon? Or must I buy one in the UK?

Thank you.
          CPU: i7 4770k at 4.3GHz Vcore=1.19v Vccin=1.8v Uncore=4GHz Vrin=1.09v
          MB: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H (Rev 1) F9
          Heatsink: Prolimatech Armageddon with 2 NF-A14's, Gelid GC Extreme TIM
          RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 @1600MHz Vdimm @1.5v (auto) 9-9-9-24
          SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB; HD's: WD Black 4TB, WD Red 3TB
          PSU: Seasonic X-750; CM N600 case Trophy Run: 5GHz

Comment

hello all

I have a GAX58-UD4P fitted with the TMP module and I would like to know if there is a TPM software that run under Seven ?

the Gigabyte website does not show any soft compatible with seven

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shane_p View Post
              Hi there
              have a problem with Easytune 6 (the latest) will not install
              keep giving me error:
              DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr
              ever seen that before? and what is the fix?
              keep trying to install it and fails right away
              Thx

(I do overclock by the Bios only, but to play around with a higher overclock and/or check bios settings I would like to use Easytune)

anyone know the fix for this?
              oh this is with Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1, and Bios F6b (for mu X58-UD3R)
              I get the exact same error message here when trying to install the latest version of Easy Tune 6 available from Gigabyte (build 9.1120.1) after a clean install of XP Pro SP3 on a GA-M720-US3 motherboard with a Phenom II X4 810 CPU and a GeForce GTX 260 c216 video card.

I tried contacting Gigabyte's support but that has become more and more useless over the years. They said it worked on their machine (oh, really?) and asked me to reinstall the OS (which I had just done). Then they blamed the problem on third party programs that might be installed on the system (there were none, just the latest drivers for every hardware component).

What is really a shame about this issue is that the error message is quite clear and should make it considerably easier for the programmers to find the error in their code, since the program obviously has issues which need to be looked into. After giving up on Gigabyte's support, I installed RivaTuner, MSI's Afterburner, eVGA's Precision, NVIDIA's own nTune and a few other overclocking utilities with no issues whatsoever.

Comment

Hello,

What BIOS settings are adviced to be adjusted on my GA-770TA-UD3 with an AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition? I couldn't find a BIOS guide for AM3 boards.

I'll get the memory settings from OCZ support (see this post) so those are covered.

Thanks in advance!
                AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 | OCZ OCZ3G1600LV4GK (4GB) | Club3D HD5850 | Intel SSDSA2MH080G2R5 (80GB) | Corsair TX650W

Comment

Ga-EP45-DS3R
                  Corsair DDR2 1066 2/1 gig
                  Intel Q9450, stock fan
                  600W power supply
                  ATI 3870 / 512mb
                  Vista 64

Comment

Originally posted by Curious George View Post
                    Do you have any suggestion
                    Please create a new thread.
                    Read this post, and follow steps 1-4 to provide information that will help users to advise you.
                    Have you tested the new pair of ram sticks by itself in the slots you added them?

Comment

• Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                      Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366 Bios (F8)
                      Intel Core i7 920 Bloomsfeild LGA 1366 45nm
                      Prolimatech Super Mega CPU Cooler
                      Gigabyte GV-R577D5-1GD-B Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)
                      G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-12GB
                      Corsair TX 750w
                      (1) Seagate 1.5 tr Barracuda
                      (1) Seagate 1.0 tr Barracuda
                      (2) Sony Optiarc AD-7241S
                      Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
                      ViewSonic X Series VX2433wm

Comment

Gigabyte:

Forum got it had a lose power cable from the GPU she is alive ! However there is an error "Disk Boot failure. Insert System disk" is this the MS OS disk?

Also the Sony Optiarc is still not working properly. I have for cable run looks most of all the Molex connections piggy backed including the Sony's is this a NO..... NO?

Once again TY to all for the help

Ernie<!-- / message -->
                        Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                        Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366 Bios (F8)
                        Intel Core i7 920 Bloomsfeild LGA 1366 45nm
                        Prolimatech Super Mega CPU Cooler
                        Gigabyte GV-R577D5-1GD-B Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)
                        G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-12GB
                        Corsair TX 750w
                        (1) Seagate 1.5 tr Barracuda
                        (1) Seagate 1.0 tr Barracuda
                        (2) Sony Optiarc AD-7241S
                        Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
                        ViewSonic X Series VX2433wm

Comment

Originally posted by GIGABYTE - Janus Yeh View Post
                          If you have question with gigabyte products, yes i will.
                          Hi I upgraded my Laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate from Vista. I used on Vista
                          the Gigabyte U8000 TV Tuner and it worked fine. I tried to reinstall it and are not able to do so. I think I downloaded the right Driver
                          peripheral_driver_tv.exe.
                          Is this tuner compatible with Windows7? if so please advise of procedure to install

Comment

I installed XP using F6 method for all 3 controllers RAID/AHCI. Intel controller bios was set to IDE, Native mode. Install went OK

HD is SATA II

I then changed Intel controller bios to AHCI and during boot received the BSOD.

What am I doing wrong

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Model Name : GA-P55A-UD4P(rev. 1.0)
                            --------------------------
                            M/B Rev : 1.0
                            BIOS Ver : 7c
                            Serial No. :
                            Purchase Dealer :
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            VGA Brand : HIS Model : HD4670
                            CPU Brand : Intel Model : i7-860 Speed : 2.8ghz
                            Operation System : SP :
                            Memory Brand : skill Type : DDRII
                            Memory Size : 8gb Speed : 1333
                            Power Supply : 620 W

Comment

XP doesn't include the drivers required to support AHCI mode.

You can download them from Intel.com (search for Intel Matrix Storage Drivers) and the package comes with a readme that will tell you how to install them.

I don't think most people see a lot of practical advantage to running AHCI mode on a typical desktop...perhaps unless you're running a large database project or server.
                              EP45-UD3P 1.1
                              QX9770 @ 3.6Ghz (formerly E8500 @ 3.6Ghz)
                              4 X Corsair XMP2 DDR2 800 RAM
                              Sapphire HD5850 1GB
                              Ceton InfiniTV4 cablecard tuner
                              Apple 23 inch Cinema display + Dell SR2320L

Comment

I have just built a system with the GA-P55A-UD5 motherboard installed. I have 2 x 2GB Coirsair memory sticks installed running at 1600 MHz + Intel i5 750 Processor at 2.66 Mhz.

I have set the BIOS BHLK to 160 and the memory speed is now 1600MHz from 1333Mhz. The CPU is now showing running at 2.72Mhz.

On the motherboard at post GT1/MD1 leds are green, but GT2/MD2 are amber indicating overvoltage, any ideas how to solve this?

I don't want to overclock the system, so should my 1600MHz memory be set to 1333Mhz which is the BIOS default ?

Please help !

Comment

Working...
                                X