Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Nice to see you got it working now!

What was the issue, was it formatted NTFS instead of FAT type?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Nice to see you got it working now!

What was the issue, was it formatted NTFS instead of FAT type?
      hello!!
      I formatted with "NTFS" method. now works!!

The first time was in FAT 32 and key not working.

Comment

NTFS is what should NOT work, it must be FAT12 FAT16 or FAT32.

If you have it working in NTFS, that may be bootable of course, but it will not work for Qflash anymore. But I guess you did want bootable, not Qflash, so no big deal.

Just remember, if you want to Qflash with it again it will need to be one of the FAT types mentioned above.

Comment

NTFS is what should NOT work, it must be FAT12 FAT16 or FAT32.

If you have it working in NTFS, that may be bootable of course, but it will not work for Qflash anymore. But I guess you did want bootable, not Qflash, so no big deal.

Just remember, if you want to Qflash with it again it will need to be one of the FAT types mentioned above.

For example: yesterday I installed Acronis True Image.
          Acronis allows you to create a bootable recovery key (USB) only in FAT mode.
          I followed the procedure and the key not working.
          I also used the UNetbootin program with Macrium Reflect. (backup program)
          I followed the procedure and the key not working.

my mobo does not install programs with the FAT bootable.

Q-Flash works in FAT mode (no problems) I updated the bios for the new 6-core AMD CPU

current situation:

_ O.S installed in NTFS mode-------------------> (bootable)
          _ O.S bootable FAT mode ---------------------->(not bootable)
          _ FAT mode programs are not bootable-------> (not bootable)
          Last edited by fantastikalobios; 03-22-2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Hmm, that is very odd. Could just be some incompatibility with your particular USB Stick?

Does the bootable USB method I post here boot for you in FAT32?

Comment

Hmm, that is very odd. Could just be some incompatibility with your particular USB Stick?

Does the bootable USB method I post here boot for you in FAT32?
              http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

yes
              I format the key in MS-DOS.
              I can launch the program "memtest", for example, the key formatted is with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool.

but does not work with programs bootable ( Acronis, macrium e O.S)

Comment

Ahh, ok.

Sorry, not sure why that would be? Acronis should make it's own bootable media anyway though and you should not need DOS. Of course that would be a CD though

Comment

Ahh, ok.

Sorry, not sure why that would be? Acronis should make it's own bootable media anyway though and you should not need DOS. Of course that would be a CD though

i can restore the system by pressing the F-11, pressed into starting of the system. (With Acronis).
                  I can format mode NTFS. (Installing the operating system with USB key)
                  I solved the problems.
                  I'm satisfied.

Thank you.

Comment

Ok, glad to hear you have everything working now!

Post back anytime if you have any other issues or questions

Comment

Ok, glad to hear you have everything working now!

Post back anytime if you have any other issues or questions

greetings from Florence (Tuscany) (Italy)

Comment

• Error Code: 0x80070057 Installing Windows 7

Im using a ex38-ds4 w/F3 bios
                        -q9450
                        -Dominator ddr2 4g(2x2)
                        -2 Raptor Hdds
                        -Seagate 500gb
                        -Xfx 9800 gtx
                        -OCZ stealth PSU

I am unable to reinstall windows on my computer. I am getting an error code 0x80070057, which from what I have read is from HDD or MB failure. Windows was working fine until my computer froze up, and I could no longer boot the computer. I thought it to be a hdd problem at first so, I undid my raid setup and tried installing it onto another HDD and got the same error code, and then tried to install it on to my seagate which I use to back up my stuff and thats it and got the same error code. Also I had to reset my CMOS to get my hdd to show up properly in bios. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Please update your BIOS before we get any further, that is a very old BIOS and could be part of any issues you are having.

Please flash to F6c located here
                          GA-EX38-DS4 - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

Please read this guide if you are unsure of how to safely flash, do not use @BIOS

Since you did clear the CMOS, can you now only see the one drive (Seagate)? If so, your raptors might be faulty, it would be odd though for both to go at once.

Please test them with the WD Diagnostic tool, this can be done from DOS with your current system or by putting them in another PC and test from DOS or within windows. Floppy, CD ISO, and windows installer version of the WD Lifeguard Diagnostic tool is here
                          WD Support > Downloads > SATA & SAS > WD VelociRaptor

Also, can you post an image of the settings you are using in the Integrated Peripherals section of the BIOS (And DO NOT Make changes in the Standard CMOS Page, that should always all be auto)

Comment

I have a new touchnote t1028x with Windows 7 Starter . I cannot get the gesture software to configure- I tick the boxes and they untick themselves and become disabled again. I saw a reviewer that said she had the same issue and pronounced the gesture config did not work with Windows 7. Others posting on her review said they have no problems. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comment

i have the GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard. i ahvea question about the 2 Gsata ports.. should i run my OS hdd on these ports or not? should i run just storage drives on them? or should they be used for Optical drives? burners as such? ive been told be some not to use them for hard drives let alone you OS drive.

thanks for any help.
                              GA-EP45-UD3P 1.6rev
                              Q9550 @ 451x8.5 3.83ghz SLB8V 1.296 vcore in bios
                              Batch #L846B715
                              G-Skill ddr2 1066 2x1gb running at 1082mhz??
                              OCZ Vendetta 2 with 120mm fan
                              Corsair HX650w PSU with a 120mm fan
                              Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
                              WD2500AAKS
                              WD3200AAKS
                              WD500GB GP
                              WD1001FALS
                              All housed in the Big Red Hemi
                              CM HAF 922 1X200MM,2X200MM RED LED & 1x140mm rear fan
                              Burners=
                              Sony Optaric Nec AD7220S
                              Sony Optaric Nec AD7240S
                              Lite-on IHAS324-9-A x2

Comment

Originally posted by Sheller5921 View Post
                                I have a new touchnote t1028x with Windows 7 Starter . I cannot get the gesture software to configure- I tick the boxes and they untick themselves and become disabled again. I saw a reviewer that said she had the same issue and pronounced the gesture config did not work with Windows 7. Others posting on her review said they have no problems. Any suggestions? Thanks!
                                What are you asking about here? Sorry, I'm a bit lost

Originally posted by cincyrob View Post
                                i have the GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard. i ahvea question about the 2 Gsata ports.. should i run my OS hdd on these ports or not? should i run just storage drives on them? or should they be used for Optical drives? burners as such? ive been told be some not to use them for hard drives let alone you OS drive.

thanks for any help.
                                You should put your OS drive on the Intel ports, SATAII_0 or SATAII_0+1 if you are running RAID. Then put your DVD drive on the SATAII_5 port or on the GSATA ports, they are fine to use, just not as fast as the Intel controller is

Comment

Working...
                                X