Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by neneche View Post
    hello all

I have a GAX58-UD4P fitted with the TMP module and I would like to know if there is a TPM software that run under Seven ?

the Gigabyte website does not show any soft compatible with seven

Thanks
    nobody has a solution ?

Comment

nobody has a solution ?
      O.S. :

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
        O.S. :
        nope I tried to install it but it doesn't start
        I tried to start it with different compatibility mode but all the same the soft appears, and shut down after 2s

Comment

nope I tried to install it but it doesn't start
          I tried to start it with different compatibility mode but all the same the soft appears, and shut down after 2s
          Did you try Smart TPM (B9.1012.1)?
          Link
          (O.S. :

Comment

• Ga-h55m-ud2h: S3 resume and XMP profile 1

GA-H55M-UD2H rev 1.0 motherboard
            Bios version F4
            Core i7 860 processor
            8Gb (4x2) G Skill DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 CL8(CL8D-4GBRM)
            Gigabyte GTX 260 video card
            Windows 7 x64
            Antec Neopower 500 power supply

Four issues I would like help with (system otherwise runs and boots without problem)

1) System goes to S3 standby OK but when it tries to resume, power comes on for a moment then goes of and this repeats till I pull the plug

2) If I change just the BIOS memory setting to XMP profile 1 (1600 MHz for G-skill, the system won't boot. Is there more to change?. The system runs fine at 1333MHz.

3) If I try to install OS with BIOS set to AHCI the BIOS post hangs at Serial ATA version iSRc 1.20E forever. I have to clear CMOS even to get back to BIOS settings page.

4) I see an F5 BIOS for this board on this forum. Is this an official Gigabyte BIOS (it does not appear on Gigabyte web sites)
            Last edited by Jeltz; 02-04-2010, 07:55 PM. Reason: more info in title

Comment

OMFG, Further to this problem,
              I solved the S3 resume and XMP profile 1 problems by tracking it down to 1 faulty RAM module. Interestingly this module passed all the BIOS tests AND all the windows memory diagnostic tool tests. The only observable symptoms seem to be a slightly longer POST time and the S3 resume problem, otherwise it runs just fine thank you very much LOL

I would still like to know about the AHCI problem and if it is worth loading the F5 BIOS for this board posted on this forum.

Jeltz

Comment

• RAID 0 configuration on GA-X48-DS4 (driver issue)

Hi guys,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                I Have a doubt about the RAID 0 configuration on GA-X48-DS4.<o:p></o:p>

My system:<o:p></o:p>
                Q6600 @3,0 Ghz (1.3v); GA-X48-DS4; ATI HD3850; 4x1Gb OCZ 1000Mhz (@ 1066); 2x500GB WD RAID-0; Huntkey greenstar 550W; Window 7 Ultimate 64 bits<o:p></o:p>

Comment

• Re: RAID 0 configuration on GA-X48-DS4 (driver issue)

Originally posted by DrPhill View Post
                  Hi guys,<o:p></o:p>
                  I Have a doubt about the RAID 0 configuration on GA-X48-DS4.<o:p></o:p>
                  I followed the mobo manual to create the volume with 2 HDD and also did de ICH0R part pressing [ctrl + I]. I believe it work just fine but when I was installing win 7 64 bits I couldn’t load the driver (it says the driver is not signed or something) but the installation was done successfully any way. I did use the latest driver from Gigabyte site but I installed it only after windows was fully installed.<o:p></o:p>
                  What I need to know is if there is any chance of my RAID 0 don’t work properly due to lack of the driver during the installation. The reason why I suspect that something is not ok is because the windows experience index didn’t change as expected ( for disc data transfer rate).<o:p></o:p>
                  Thanks for your time and Sorry about the bad English…<o:p></o:p>
                  My system:<o:p></o:p>
                  Q6600 @3,0 Ghz (1.3v); GA-X48-DS4; ATI HD3850; 4x1Gb OCZ 1000Mhz (@ 1066); 2x500GB WD RAID-0; Huntkey greenstar 550W; Window 7 Ultimate 64 bits<o:p></o:p>

You can use one of the Benchmarking Apps available, like HDTUNE, HDTach ATTO or Crystaldiskmark (google them), run a bench and then come back with the results to see what's going on. For HDTach run Lond bench & Crystaldiskmark run 100MB benchmark.

Comment

Originally posted by felix_w View Post
                    You can use one of the Benchmarking Apps available, like HDTUNE, HDTach ATTO or Crystaldiskmark (google them), run a bench and then come back with the results to see what's going on. For HDTach run Lond bench & Crystaldiskmark run 100MB benchmark.
                    Tanks a lot for your answer Felix W I have some pictures of HD Tune Pro, and as soon as possible I Will post the result of the others benchmarks that you suggested. My HD are both WD Caviar Green 500GB.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by felix_w View Post
                      HDTach didn’t work for me but the results of Crystaldiskmark and ATTO are attached below.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by DrPhill; 02-09-2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, Version iSrc 1.20E code 23 hang SOLUTION

Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, Version iSrc 1.20E
                        Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Intel Corporation 23
                        ** This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives **
                        Please wait. This will take few seconds.

If your Gigabyte BIOS hangs at this message after you change to AHCI mode, then this solution worked for me

1) take a system backup (including system image) of your boot O.S. with windows backup
                        2) create a system repair disk (DVD) with windows backup
                        3) reformat (quick) then delete the partitions on your boot drive (not sure if this is necessary)
                        4) boot to the repair dvd, follow instructions to restore latest system image
                        5) reboot, change BIOS settings to AHCI, reboot and all should be just fine.

For some reason the 1.20E AHCI BIOS just does not like to go past a disk that has a win 7 x64 IDE operating system on it, and restoring the image to the same drive seems to fix the problem.

Jeltz

Comment

• Re: Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, Version iSrc 1.20E code 23 hang SOLUTION

Originally posted by Jeltz View Post
                          Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, Version iSrc 1.20E
                          Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Intel Corporation 23
                          ** This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives **
                          Please wait. This will take few seconds.

If your Gigabyte BIOS hangs at this message after you change to AHCI mode, then this solution worked for me

1) take a system backup (including system image) of your boot O.S. with windows backup
                          2) create a system repair disk (DVD) with windows backup
                          3) reformat (quick) then delete the partitions on your boot drive (not sure if this is necessary)
                          4) boot to the repair dvd, follow instructions to restore latest system image
                          5) reboot, change BIOS settings to AHCI, reboot and all should be just fine.

For some reason the 1.20E AHCI BIOS just does not like to go past a disk that has a win 7 x64 IDE operating system on it, and restoring the image to the same drive seems to fix the problem.

Jeltz
                          Tanks a lot Jeltz,
                          Yeah, I’m getting this screen at start up too… I never did this disc image before, what software you recommend to do this?
                          here is an image of the bios just after the part you are talking. my SATA AHCI bios is older than yours (v iSrc 1.07 08042006)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by DrPhill; 02-09-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

It is likely if we knew what the AHCI BIOS was checking on the hard drive, a simple hard disk utility could fix it immediately (see bottom of post) but we don't so....BTW it will post drives and only hang when it gets to the device it has problems with.

Suggestions only here. I see you are running RAID so my solution may not really applicable if the problem is on one of the drives in the raid array and you have data you need to recover from a broken raid that won't boot RAID because of this code 23 BIOS problem.

If you are making a RAID array from scratch and get this problem I would suggest under IDE mode first (quick) formatting each drive as simple NTFS and then deleting the partition under disk manager in control panel->administrative tools->computer management. Don;t do this if you have any data on the drive(s) you want back.

If the problem drive is on a standalone drive you are booting from then my solution should work so read on:

I now use windows 7 exclusively and I ain't going back....ever, so I do not know if this works for XP/Vista.

I use the Windows 7 Backup/Restore available in the control panel and back up the system image while in IDE mode (the only one that will boot!). Don't forget to make a system repair disk from this backup utility as well since the win 7 installation disk complained to me about not wanting to restore the system backup image I made. Don't be tempted to try to move the backup image somewhere else before restoring it. It WONT work.

Of course you need a spare drive to take the image, and I would recommend keeping your IDE boot disk until you can prove the image restore works to another drive (it is amazing how many ways restore will find a reason to spit the dummy making a restore impossible in spite of having a valid backup system image). If you have data on your raid disks be careful when you restore the image as it WILL reformat all disks not containing the backup image by DEFAULT (you get an option to exclude). I would not recommend reconnecting data disks except the disk you have the backup image on until you have an image restored and booting in AHCI mode.

I suspect what is happening is that a status byte(s) on each hard drive is being checked by the AHCI BIOS is checking on POST; and if it is not happy with the status it hangs on code 23. it does not seem to matter if the drive is intended to boot from or not, but if Win 7 is initially installed in IDE mode it is definitely a recipe to hang when BIOS->AHCI. Just why the AHCI BIOS should care about the contents of the drive is beyond me as it is up to the O.S. to make sure the right drivers are present. Anyway until we know what the BIOS is checking we won't know what the EASY fix is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeltz View Post
                              ...Suggestions only here. I see you are running RAID so my solution may not really applicable if the problem is on one of the drives in the raid array and you have data you need to recover from a broken raid that won't boot RAID because of this code 23 BIOS problem...
                              Thanks again Jeltz, Well, I’m not sure if I’m following you, I’m kind new in this stuff so, I’ll try to be as more specific as I can about my problem.
                              1) The raid 0 (striping) was successfully assembled because I have formed one volume from two HDs and I was able to install the windows seven on it. I had one HD already and bought another one identical to do the striping. I didn’t format any of them prior RAID configuration assuming that it would be automatically done.

2) During windows seven 64bits installation I tried to load the latest driver for the ICH9R SATA RAID controller from a pen drive (since I don’t have any floppy drives) and I didn’t succeed because according to windows the driver wasn’t signed. After a few tries I manage to install the Operational system without the driver (maybe gigabyte bios or win seven already had that driver, I don’t know for sure.

3) During system startup the “Serial ATA AHCI BIOS version iSrc 1.07 08042006” screen started to be shown every time just after gigabyte award bios. After scanning the bios shows everything that is connected to the sata ports and then it says “AHCI BIOS not installed” but after that it shows in green a notification stating that the Raid 0 (stripe) state is “Normal” and shows in green the discs that are assembled on raid array (I’ve already posted a picture of this) and windows starts normally. The hang on “Serial ATA BIOS” 23 is only for a few seconds.

4) After windows 7 64 bits installation and after installing all possible actualizations and drivers including “Intel Matrix Storage Manager”, the performance of the RAID 0 disk didn’t improved as expected. the windows experience index didn’t changed at all and the benchmarks a did seems to show that the performance is not as good as it should be.
                              I don’t know for sure if the fact that I didn’t load the driver during windows installation, as recommended, is causing this problem and if that’s the case how can I pass through that driver loading screen using a pen drive.
                              I did the system image and the recovery disk, but on the native mode and not on the IDE it can cause problems on system recovery after formatting?
                              Anyway, I guess if I try formatting the drivers on RAID array I would be unable to load the driver again.
                              Last edited by DrPhill; 02-10-2010, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Tanks everyone<o:p></o:p>
                                Cheers!<o:p></o:p>

Comment

Working...
                                X