Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

EDIT:

Deleted due to 'lack-of-interest'
    Last edited by aL1; 05-24-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aL1 View Post
      EDIT:

Deleted due to 'lack-of-interest'
      What do you mean?

If you need help with something let us know. Sometimes posting here in this thread people do not notice your post because this is just meant as a "Hello" type of thread so not all members check this.

If you do need help feel free to let us know what you need help with, or create a new thread with your issue so we can help.

We are interested in helping you, so please don't think because no one replied to you in x amount of hours that no one will, we try our best to always help everyone just sometimes it takes a while before someone is around that can offer you advice.

So, please do let us know if you need help with something.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
        What do you mean?

If you need help with something let us know. Sometimes posting here in this thread people do not notice your post because this is just meant as a "Hello" type of thread so not all members check this.

If you do need help feel free to let us know what you need help with, or create a new thread with your issue so we can help.

We are interested in helping you, so please don't think because no one replied to you in x amount of hours that no one will, we try our best to always help everyone just sometimes it takes a while before someone is around that can offer you advice.

So, please do let us know if you need help with something.
        Thanks, I was a little hasty to 'delete', but I will post again if needed- aL

Comment

Ahh ok, sorry no one got back to you sooner!

So for now you are ok then I take it? If so great to hear, if not let us know

Comment

• Real help needed EP31-DS3L and corsair Ram modules

I hope that I can get someone with atleast more knowledge than myself to WALK me through the BIOS, CPU-Z and Memtest86+ to help me completely fix my board<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
            1. EP31-DS3L motherboard <o:p></o:p>
            2. Intel duo e7400 processor,<o:p></o:p>
            3. 4 x CM2x1024-8500c5d ram modules.<o:p></o:p>
            a.
            All components are compatible according to the Gigabyte website<o:p></o:p>
            History <o:p></o:p>
            My computer was running fine until I upgraded to windows 7 ultimate.<o:p></o:p>
            I am now constantly am getting BSOD's <o:p></o:p>
            They started off being (memory management) or (page pool error in non paged area)<o:p></o:p>
            So I followed the advice of a lot of techs at first such as to run MEMtest86+ <o:p></o:p>
            I did so for at least 10 full tests NO ERRORS
            So I checked out the hard drive re installed the operating system..Etc.. Still same issue...<o:p></o:p>

no errors (10 tests)<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>
            Restarted in diagnostic repair mode. Sort out more help was told to run CPU-Z <o:p></o:p>
            SPD reports incorrect model numbers and module sizes..<o:p></o:p>

If we could please start by some guru giving me the best settings for this type of ram in my bios noting the type of CPU I have E7400 Intel Duo 2.8 GHz<o:p></o:p>

Comment

I had this EP31-DS3L board and it became like this for about 3 months of torture. Probably each time the system boots it automaticly sets some value to the Static Tread and the Static tread value (is shown as the Perormance level in the Everest software). So no ammount of testing could ever predict what the system will be the next time it boots. You can try finding what is the best value to set manually to the Static tread, leave the static tread delay on auto or 0, there should be no delay. With 1066 memory and 1066 Fsb I assume it is something like 5, usually you have to burn test the cpu for about 10 minutes with linx or something and then see what is the lower Static tread that the system boots with set manually. Also you have to monitor the the memory module dimm delay each time system boots because that also changes. and for your system to be really reliable it has to be the same numbers each time. Probably you system tries to boot with setting of 4 sometimes.

Last edited by yuu; 05-30-2010, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply,
                Firstly, the award bios limited in functionality..
                How do i adjust the "static tread delay" where is it located in the bios..?
                What programs can i used to define the best possible settings..?

would you or anyone else know the settings for the award bios..!

i have no experience with the dimm delay settings ...so a walk though would be good if you or someone else has the time to do so !

Comment

Originally posted by Fringe View Post
                  Firstly, the award bios limited in functionality..

Enter the bios, press Ctrl + F1, and then under the MIT menu (the first thing at the top of the list, or at the bottom if bios is old), then advanced timings, there is Tread, no dimm delay. should be sufficient to set it for now and then search for other reasons if the problem stays.

I have set 400 fsb and 400Mhz dram, with tread 8. The lower the fsb and the higher the dram, the lower is the number you can set, at some point it will refuse to boot, then you know to set it to +1 bigger value.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Are you running 333 FSB? If so tRD (Static tRead Value) of 6-8 should be fine

You need to set your ram voltage to spec amount, set MCH voltage to 1.2-1.24 for 4GB, and set performance enhance on standard

Comment

Originally posted by yuu View Post
                      [ATTACH]2567[/ATTACH]
                      Enter the bios, press Ctrl + F1, and then under the MIT menu (the first thing at the top of the list, or at the bottom if bios is old), then advanced timings, there is Tread, no dimm delay. should be sufficient to set it for now and then search for other reasons if the problem stays.

I have set 400 fsb and 400Mhz dram, with tread 8. The lower the fsb and the higher the dram, the lower is the number you can set, at some point it will refuse to boot, then you know to set it to +1 bigger value.

Thank you i will reboot and try this... i will also take a pic of Bios

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                        Are you running 333 FSB? If so tRD (Static tRead Value) of 6-8 should be fine

You need to set your ram voltage to spec amount, set MCH voltage to 1.2-1.24 for 4GB, and set performance enhance on standard

Thank you for your reply..
                        As the Intel DUO 2 E7400 rated FSB is 1066, ihave set the FSB to 266 in bios as i was led to believe that the true value is 4 x's the FSB value which would then make it 1066mhz
                        which is also the speed of the ram..

as i said above i will post my bios so that you will have all the relevant information to be able to assist me... truely thank you it is good to see that at least two have taken time to assist

Comment

Please first attachement
                          Attached Files

Comment

2nd
                            Attached Files

Comment

3rd

The attached files are of my current bios settings...
                              Iam not looking at over clocking just want a stable machine..that runs to the spec's of the hardware... before i assembled the hardware i made sure that each piece was listed compatible both on the corsair, intel and gigabyte sites.

What i have no also found is that each time i set the SPD multipilier to 2.0 which sets the freq to 533mhz which to my calculation 1066mhz ......The Memory Freq resets itself to 400mhz..
                              This is despite that 1066mhz is the same as the spec for the Corsair Ram
                              and the Intel Processor, and considering the board is capable of 1600mhz FSB according to spec's ...
                              Attached Files

Comment

• what would the correct settings be/

I just read. that the MCH voltage for four (4) 1gig corsair ram modules should be 1.3 to 1.4v on the memory controller... where can i change this setting in my bios?

if i am capable at running this board at 1066 then the ram voltage should be 2.1volts right? thats what it states on the sticks.! what i dont understand is why you drop the voltage when running at 800mhz to 1.95 to 2.0volts or even why you would want to run it lower than its specifications....

basically if i wanted to travel a 50mph (80Klm/h) i would not buy a ferrari...
                                same in reverse ...i dont what this machine to be a ferrari just to run to spec's without falling over.....! i believe iam entitled to atleast that !

Thanks for any assistance !

Comment

Working...
                                X