Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by Fringe View Post
    3rd[ATTACH]2572[/ATTACH]

The attached files are of my current bios settings...
    Use 4.x not 2.0 multiplier
    in this case wich 4.X do you use, the one for 200 fsb and 800 dram, or the one 266 with 1066, there is only one! should be separate settings. the one 4.0A or 4.0C, you have the 4.0+? works ok then.
    System memory multiplier to [Manual] 4.0
    Dram timing to [manual]
    Cas 5
    Tread ....

Mch overvoltage is in fact the memory controller voltage added +0.1 +0.2 ... to 1.25. you dont need this, not necessarily
    I used to run 333fsb 1000dram even 400Fsb with no overvoltage at all. none. actually adding more voltage made things unstable, showing errors. actually anything above 2.0V was FAIL, but that were just my sticks of crappy memory? and above +0.1 for MCH too.
    Set it to +0.1 on MCH and Dram +0.1 +0.2 max. easy.
    this chipset doesn't support 4 modules unless single sided, so you are not really using 4 modules, but 2 modules or 4 ranks or something like that.
    Last edited by yuu; 05-30-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Yuu
      Could I enlist your assistance with my gigabyte motherboard? The problems I am experiencing and system specs are listed in the following thread.

Kindest regards

Comment

Video pro, I have replied to your threads

Fringe, above reply by yuu is all correct, you need to use 4.00A for 266 FSB to get 1066Mhz memory speed. Set your CPU Ref voltage back to auto

Set MCH +0.2-0.3 for 4GB of ram, and set your memory voltage to +0.3 if the rated voltage is 2.1V

Comment

• Re: Thanks Yuu and Lsdmeasap for your help ...can you review !and edit where you see

Thanks guy's

after yUU's advice i was able to stablise the board enough to run MEMTEST86+ to ascertain which modules were at fault,

I ran MeMtest under the following conditions which highlighted two modules as being faulty.. do agree that this was a valid test... sorry its is long winded !

My modules: 4 x cm2x1024-8500c5d 2.1volt ver1.5 although.... i am led to believe they call them twins (twin2x2048-8500c5d) because you need atleast two...but thats no what the sticker on the module say's..!

anyway ..after all the problems describe above i ended up finding a test regime that seemed to work .... thanks to the guys here

Comment

Hi there,

i'm new to this forum and a n00b.

My mobo runs on bios f10b in 64-bit and i have intel's q9550 installed. User's manual tells me that under ADVANCED BIOS FEATURES i can enable/disable CPU MULTI THREADING, but i can't find this feature there.
            Doesn't it show up because i have QuadCore installed and because of this it is enabled anyway ?
            How can i find out ?

Any advice would be highly appreciated...

!xabbu

Comment

Q9550 doesn't support Hyperthreading. 4 physical cores are available.

You could unhide some settings by pressing Ctrl+F1 in the main menu before.

Hyper threading was once introduced with the second wave P4 processors, with 2 logical cores. This motherboad doesn't support P4, it was build that way. So this is some artefact that was left in the manual, common to all motherboards, but no longer available on this model.
              Last edited by yuu; 06-01-2010, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yuu View Post
                Q9550 doesn't support Hyperthreading. 4 physical cores are available.

You could unhide some settings by pressing Ctrl+F1 in the main menu before.

Hyper threading was once introduced with the second wave P4 processors, with 2 logical cores. This motherboad doesn't support P4, it was build that way. So this is some artefact that was left in the manual, common to all motherboards, but no longer available on this model.
                Thanks for the reply, that cleared my confusion.

!Xabbu

Comment

Mr.Tweak

I have the same problem as many owners of the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0) ... really weird noises ... that noise ... is covered by the guarantee of Gigabyte? so if I'm still using,,, I may fail later?

in the REV 2.0 that problem.. been solved?

please do not tell me that disabling the C1E the problem would be solved ..

in the store where i purchased ... should to change it for REV 2.0 .. if the REV 2.0 does not have the same problem

My system:

CPU: Intel i7 930 D0

Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Plus

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (Bios F5)

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM

GPU: MSI R5770 Hawk Radeon HD 5770

HDDs: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gbs

PSU: Cooler Master Real Power Pro M850 RS-850-ESBA

thanks for u time Mr.Tweak!
                  Last edited by GYGA; 06-06-2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

These noises are normally due to the PSU, a new one, larger or different model normally fixes the issue.

Disable C1E and EIST normally stops the sounds if you can't get a better PSU.

Also uninstall DES and disable easytune from startup if you use it, and disable the startup service for it as well - I suggest StartupCPL to do this, it will install into your control panel

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                      These noises are normally due to the PSU, a new one, larger or different model normally fixes the issue.

Disable C1E and EIST normally stops the sounds if you can't get a better PSU.

Also uninstall DES and disable easytune from startup if you use it, and disable the startup service for it as well - I suggest StartupCPL to do this, it will install into your control panel
                      I have that same board (rev 1.0) with a Corsair TX 750W and do not hear any noises, so you're probably right that it may be a PSU + mobo combination problem.

Comment

Originally posted by uccy View Post
                        I have that same board (rev 1.0) with a Corsair TX 750W and do not hear any noises, so you're probably right that it may be a PSU + mobo combination problem.

check with default bios setting.. C1E and EIST enable! vcore (Auto) (NO OC)
                        the motherboard I would have to be able to use all options available that has .. not have to disable something that works well ... we agree? in my country this motherboard costs $320

Comment

MrTweak.

I am new to this amazing forums and I already read a lot of useful info.

But one thing I cannot get a proper answer for.

Yesterday I bought a GA-X58A-UD5 Rev. 2.0 and I will build it into my case as soon as I have some time this week.

My question is:
                          I own an Intel SSD X25 M postville, on which SATA port it's the best to connect, shall I use SATA3 Marvel for this or the ICH10 SATA2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

I suggest you use SATA2_0 for your OS SSD, this is the first Intel port.

Comment

Thanks, I will try it as soon as I start building the rig.

Comment

Good luck with the setup, be sure to align your SSD

Comment

Working...
                                X