Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

its a common issue with gigabyte am3 motherboard bios's.

Comment

It's a common issue with Windows 7 Power Options. If you could look in BIOS M.I.T. and it reads normal than it is more than likely The Windows Power Option. Windows 7 defaults to Balanced mode right from Windows Setup. You would need to set it to High Performance Mode for it to change from a 4 multiplier to a 14 multiplier.
      This is a common fix for the issue. After performing the Power Option Change to High Performance mode your system will Throttle up to the maximum rated cpu speed and stay there. Now it will show the full speed in CPUZ. Balanced Mode only throttles the CPU when it is neccesary, and CPUZ will oonly read the throttle down state. Instructions on how to change it is below. I would suggest this be done be done at first on recommended CPU frequency of 200Mhz. After the change is made then you may want to raise the cpu frequency for overclocking.
      Power Plan - Select - Windows 7 Forums
      Last edited by artdrivers; 06-27-2010, 12:06 PM.
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
      http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
      Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
      Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
      Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
      4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
      (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
      (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
      (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
      Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
      Mid size ATX case with show through panel
      2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
      Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
      Logitech G500 USB mouse
      Monitor: CMV937A
      7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
      Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Blank screen after EF firmware change to hybrid.

I tried to unlock one core in my Phenom on GA-MA790X-UD4 motherboard.
        I succesfully upgraded EC Firmware in BIOS (to hybrid), saved presets, then reeboted, and monitor is completely blank, no post screen, etc. CD-ROM seems to work, hard drive speeds up, fans are on. No beeps from motherboard. Any ideas?

Comment

You may want to try to clear cmos.
          Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
          Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Originally posted by artdrivers View Post
            You may want to try to clear cmos.
            Didn't help. I also removed graphic card and memory. Didn't help. Motherboard only gives beeps.

Comment

I replied in your thread, maybe you did not clear CMOS fully so please try the method I mentioned

Comment

@GIGABYTE technical helper
                Check out my thread...... and help me......
                http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...problem-40414/
                Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Comment

Coldplayer a new BIOS just has come out for a GA-MA770T-UD3P (rev. 1.0) BIOS F9
                  Last edited by artdrivers; 07-02-2010, 08:00 AM.
                  Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                  Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

help........ http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...14/index2.html
                    Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Comment

No need to bump this thread Hassan, we will get to your thread for sure

Comment

• Problems with new machine Help.

Just built a new machine using a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R board, Intel I7-930 processor, 3 DIMMs of OCZ DDR3 1333, cooler master v8 CPU air cooler/fan, GeForce 250 graphics card, Corsair GS600 power unit in an Antec three hundred ATX case. I wired the case and all power cords to the board. I have five case fans(two on the front blowing in, one on the side blowing in, one on the top blowing out, one in the back blowing out)I double checked the wiring and all seems fine. I put my monitor and key board on, turned the power supply on and pushed the start button. The machine fired up ok. It went looking for the operating system which there was none on yet. I turned the machine off and restarted this time pushing the <delete> key and it came up with a gigayte page. Hit <delete> again and the CMOS setup utility page came up (MB intelligent tweake, standard CMOS feateres, advanced BIOS features etc) Took out my camera and took a picture of this page. Was geting ready to go into the "standard CMOS featers" when the machine went off as if the power was turned off. There were no power outages as the microwave clock was correct. I hit the start button on the case and nothing happed. I went to the back of the case and turned the power supply button off and back on. When I did this the CLR button on the back of the case on the board came on blue. I hit the case start button and the fans spun up and the machine stoped. Maybe half a second for this. Would not restart untill cycled the power swith off and back on and the CMOS light would come back on. Inside the case on the mother board bottom right side of the DDR5-3 memory slot are onboard overvoltage LEDs The NB(north bridge) phase LED show a level 1 green, and a level 2 yellow light. My manual also says these light could be the DDR phase LED indicating the memory loading. These light stay on untill I turn the power off at the power supply. Also when I turn the machine on momentaryly the phase LED on the top right of the board that indicates the CPU loading all go on for maybe a quarter of second and go off (red, yellow, green all go off) All the power coards are correct. Its a no brainer as you can't connect the wrong power coard in as they are keyed.
                        Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. My thoughts are either the power supply or the board has a problem but thats just a guess.
                        Thank you, and regards, Bob</delete></delete>

Comment

check all your mb to psu wires,makesure the ram modules are fully clicked into their slots,check you dont have a short between the mb and case if still no luck then setup outside of the case on cardboard box to eliminate possible short curcuit if heatsink has metal backplate put some electrical tape over it to isolate it when re-installing mb
                          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Re: Problems with new machine Help.

Originally posted by rmo View Post
                            Just built a new machine using a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R board, Intel I7-930 processor, 3 DIMMs of OCZ DDR3 1333, cooler master v8 CPU air cooler/fan, GeForce 250 graphics card, Corsair GS600 power unit in an Antec three hundred ATX case. I wired the case and all power cords to the board. I have five case fans(two on the front blowing in, one on the side blowing in, one on the top blowing out, one in the back blowing out)I double checked the wiring and all seems fine. I put my monitor and key board on, turned the power supply on and pushed the start button. The machine fired up ok. It went looking for the operating system which there was none on yet. I turned the machine off and restarted this time pushing the <delete> key and it came up with a gigayte page. Hit <delete> again and the CMOS setup utility page came up (MB intelligent tweake, standard CMOS feateres, advanced BIOS features etc) Took out my camera and took a picture of this page. Was geting ready to go into the "standard CMOS featers" when the machine went off as if the power was turned off. There were no power outages as the microwave clock was correct. I hit the start button on the case and nothing happed. I went to the back of the case and turned the power supply button off and back on. When I did this the CLR button on the back of the case on the board came on blue. I hit the case start button and the fans spun up and the machine stoped. Maybe half a second for this. Would not restart untill cycled the power swith off and back on and the CMOS light would come back on. Inside the case on the mother board bottom right side of the DDR5-3 memory slot are onboard overvoltage LEDs The NB(north bridge) phase LED show a level 1 green, and a level 2 yellow light. My manual also says these light could be the DDR phase LED indicating the memory loading. These light stay on untill I turn the power off at the power supply. Also when I turn the machine on momentaryly the phase LED on the top right of the board that indicates the CPU loading all go on for maybe a quarter of second and go off (red, yellow, green all go off) All the power coards are correct. Its a no brainer as you can't connect the wrong power coard in as they are keyed.
                            Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. My thoughts are either the power supply or the board has a problem but thats just a guess.
                            Thank you, and regards, Bob</delete></delete>
                            Please clear your CMOS by pressing and holding the Clear CMOS button on the back of the board. Before you do this unplug your PSU from the wall, and press and hold the case power on button for one minute - this will drain all power from the board, then clear your CMOS and try again

If you continue to have issues please make a new thread with your full specs and explain the issue again and what all you have done to try and correct it.

Comment

• Re: Problems with new machine Help.

Bob here is a checklist i found in my cyber travels which i found to be very concise and helpful:

"New build won't boot" checklist

This checklist is a compilation of troubleshooting ideas from many forum members. It's very important to actually perform every step in the checklist if you want to effectively troubleshoot your problem.

1. Did you carefully read the motherboard owners manual?

2. Did you plug in the 4/8-pin CPU power connector located near the CPU socket? If the motherboard has 8 pins and your PSU only has 4 pins, you can use the 4-pin connector. The 4-pin connector USUALLY goes on the 4 pins located closest to the CPU. If the motherboard has an 8-pin connector with a cover over 4 pins, you can remove the cover and use an 8-pin plug if your power supply has one. This power connector provides power to the CPU. Your system has no chance of posting without this connector plugged in! Check your motherboard owners manual for more information about the CPU power connector. This is easily the most common new-builder mistake.

3. Did you install the standoffs under the motherboard? Did you place them so they all align with the screw holes in the motherboard, with no extra standoffs touching the board in the wrong place? A standoff installed in the wrong place can cause a short and prevent the system from booting.

4. Did you verify that the video card is fully seated? (may require more force than a new builder expects.)

5. Did you attach all the required power connector(s) to the video card? (some need two, some need none, many need one.)

6. Have you tried booting with just one stick of RAM installed? (Try each stick of RAM individually in each RAM slot.) If you can get the system to boot with a single stick of RAM, you should manually set the RAM speed, timings, and voltage to the manufacturers specs in the BIOS before attempting to boot with all sticks of RAM installed.

7. Did you verify that all memory modules are fully inserted? (may require more force than a new builder expects.) It's a good idea to install the RAM on the motherboard before it's in the case.

8. Did you verify in the owners manual that you're using the correct RAM slots? Many i7 motherboards require RAM to be installed in the slots starting with the one further away from the CPU which is the opposite of many dual channel motherboards.

9. Did you remove the plastic guard over the CPU socket? (this actually comes up occasionally.)

10. Did you install the CPU correctly? There will be an arrow on the CPU that needs to line up with an arrow on the motherboard CPU socket. Be sure to pay special attention to that part of the manual!

11. If using an after market CPU cooler, did you get any thermal paste on the motherboard, CPU socket, or CPU pins? Did you use the smallest amount you could? Here's a couple links that may help:

12. Is the CPU fan plugged in?

13. If using a stock cooler, was the thermal material on the base of the cooler free of foreign material, and did you remove any protective covering? If the stock cooler has push-pins, did you ensure that all four pins snapped securely into place? (The easiest way to install the push-pins is outside the case sitting on a non-conductive surface like the motherboard box. Read the instructions! The push-pins should be turned the OPPOSITE direction as the arrows.)

14. Are any loose screws laying on the motherboard, or jammed against it? Are there any wires run directly under the motherboard? You should not run wires under the motherboard since the soldered wires on the underside of the motherboard can cut into the insulation on the wires and cause a short. Some cases have space to run wires on the back side of the motherboard tray.

15. Did you ensure you discharged all static electricity before touching any of your components?

16. Did you install the system speaker (if provided) so you can check beep-codes in the manual? A system speaker is NOT the same as normal speakers that plug into the back of the motherboard. A system speaker plugs into a header on the motherboard that's usually located near the front panel connectors. If you case or motherboard didn't come with a system speaker you can buy one here: Case/Motherboard Speaker - Speakers

17. Did you read the instructions in the manual on how to properly connect the front panel plugs? (Power switch, power led, reset switch, HD activity led) Polarity does not matter with the power and reset switches. If power or drive activity LED's do not come on, reverse the connections. For troubleshooting purposes, disconnect the reset switch. If it is shorted, the machine either will not POST at all, or it will endlessly reboot.

18. Did you turn on the power supply switch located on the back of the PSU? Is the power plug on a switch? If it is, is the switch turned on? Is there a GFI circuit on the plug-in? If there is, make sure it isn't tripped.

19. Is your CPU supported by the BIOS revision installed on your motherboard? Most motherboards will post a CPU compatibility list on their website.

20. Have you tried resetting the CMOS? The motherboard manual will have instructions for your particular board.

21. If you have integrated video and a video card, try the integrated video port. Resetting the bios, can make it default back to the onboard video.

I also wanted to add some suggestions that user jsc often posts. This is a direct quote from him:

"Pull everything except the CPU and HSF. Boot. You should hear a series of long single beeps indicating memory problems. Silence here indicates, in probable order, a bad PSU, motherboard, or CPU - or a bad installation where something is shorting and shutting down the PSU.

To eliminate the possiblility of a bad installation where something is shorting and shutting down the PSU, you will need to pull the motherboard out of the case and reassemble the components on an insulated surface. This is called "breadboarding" - from the 1920's homebrew radio days. I always breadboard a new or recycled build. It lets me test components before I go through the trouble of installing them in a case.

If you get the long beeps, add a stick of RAM. Boot. The beep pattern should change to one long and two or three short beeps. Silence indicates that the RAM is shorting out the PSU (very rare). Long single beeps indicates that the BIOS does not recognize the presence of the RAM.

If you get the one long and two or three short beeps, test the rest of the RAM. If good, install the video card and any needed power cables and plug in the monitor. If the video card is good, the system should successfully POST (one short beep, usually) and you will see the boot screen and messages.

Note - an inadequate PSU will cause a failure here or any step later.
                              Note - you do not need drives or a keyboard to successfully POST (generally a single short beep).

If you successfully POST, start plugging in the rest of the components, one at a time. "
                              Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                              Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366 Bios (F8)
                              Intel Core i7 920 Bloomsfeild LGA 1366 45nm
                              Prolimatech Super Mega CPU Cooler
                              Gigabyte GV-R577D5-1GD-B Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)
                              G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-12GB
                              Corsair TX 750w
                              (1) Seagate 1.5 tr Barracuda
                              (1) Seagate 1.0 tr Barracuda
                              (2) Sony Optiarc AD-7241S
                              Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
                              ViewSonic X Series VX2433wm

Comment

• Found out the problem

Thanks to all, waaaa300, gigabyte guru, ezz1r etc.
                                I did everything you guys said to do before I posted this thread. Pulled the memory, video card etc. Finally I pulled everything off the board except the cooler master but I disconnected the fan. Only thing going was the 8 pin ATX 12v main connector and the large 24 pin ATX. Same problem. It had to be the power supply or the board. I had a friend come over with his power supply from his I7-920. Disconnected mine, hooked his up and the machine worked fine. Took my power supply out, took it back to micro center, got another unit a 750W this time, installed it and I am up and running. The guy at micro center said this is a new unit and they just started selling it. Guys thanks for all the feedback. You confirmed what I thought and I also learned from your respones. Again thanks and regards, Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X