Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by koumdros View Post
    well the problem is i have no way of knowing what kind of BIOs is in the motherboard... and i have no other 1156 CPU at hand, i have tons of every other conceivable format, s775, s1356, s478 even, Am3, am2+, am2, even socket939 but alas no other s1156 CPU. oh and i tried installing the memory in white, blue, and variosu combinations thereof.. no luck. i really hope it is the CPU, i would hate to go through the ordeal to get the mobo or CPU replaced. especially the cpu i searched inlike 15-17 stores to find the 875K
    I'm sure this is the issue, that CPU just came out not long ago and this BIOS was not made when the boards shipped out from Gigabyte so I am sure this is the cause. If your board had onboard LED to debug you would see the 8b/b8 LED I bet ya.

Case speaker give any error beeps indication CPU? I am not sure what those would be in this instance, but I know the CPU incompatible debug LED is as mentioned above.

Comment

• Require assistance from GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hello all - 1st post. I've been reading various threads throughout the day and I have to say that I'm impressed with the professionalism and level of expertise in this community.

As for myself, I'm more of a PC builder-dilettante. Or rather I used to be. I don't have the time to even be a hack any more. Anyway, I put together the following in about 2003, maybe 2004.

SYSTEM: Win XP
      MB: GA-8KNXP Ultra Rev.2 875P chipset
      RAM: Mushkin HP3200 (1&1) 2GB
      CPU: Intel p4 3.00GHz
      BIOS: FJ 9/2/05 Version GBT -42302e31 Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
      VIDEO: (Diamond) Radeon HD 4650 AGP 512MB GDDR3
      HDDs: Fujita MAS series 15k 36GB x2 (SCSI in RAID)
      DVD: Plextor PX 880-SA (SATA)
      POWER: Mushkin 800W XP-800AP
      CASE: Antec 900

Just recently started playing with this dinosaur again. It was originally just a audio-rendering workstation. Didn't even connect to the internet because I was running an older Pro Tools rig that required the use of specific outdated drivers for stability. Since then it has been repurposed into a gaming rig, then after the original G-card went, it sat for 2 years in the dark. (Audio card went bad too. Working with on-board audio at the moment.)

So I bought a new G-card (see above) and after installing, I noticed that my dvd drives were not working. Ah, that must have been yet another reason for retirement at the time. No prob, I'll just go get a new one, right? Well I bought a SATA dvd/cd writer figuring that it would be that much easier to install.

NOPE. No power to the unit, no recognition from the system. No way to load my new G-card drivers.

As it stands right now, I need help getting my SATA dvd working. Been reading about a lot of problems and potential fixes, but all with various differences from what I have going. My understanding of computers is not comprehensive enough to adapt methods from even somewhat similar situations to my own specific issues. I just don't have the time to experiment anymore without some guidance.

1) Need help getting my system to recognize my dvd drive.
      - tried various settings in BIOS as advised from various posts on the topic from this forum and others. But I don't mind starting from scratch.

2)Need help getting graphics card drivers to install. XXXXX Disregard. I figured out my problem. Starting to come back to me now...

3) Also remembered that, way back when, I was trying to upgrade my memory, so I bought 2 sets of the Mushkin HP3200 2GB. Could never get system to stabilize with 2nd set installed. Was in the middle of working that one out when old G-card died. It will be an issue again after I resolve the above.

I'm sure there will be questions for me to answer. I know I'm forgetting something... Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
      Last edited by kinudig; 07-28-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I just put together a machine with the GA-870A-UD3 rev 2.0 and ASUS ENGT240/DI/1GD3/A GeForce GT 240 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready video card. When I start it up there is no video at all, just a blank screen.

This is my first build so I might have something wrong but I helped my friend do one last year and it still works fine so I thought I did everything right. I went through the troubleshooting questions in the video card manual and still nothing. A couple forum users are discussing this at http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-8...26/#post365561, but no solution there yet. Can you help?

Other components are:
        - 400W Corsair CMPSU-400CX
        - ASUS SATA Optical Drive
        - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX
        - Koutech IO-RCM621 Front Panel Multi-format Card Reader
        - Antec Three Hundred Tower Case
        - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
        - 1 TB SATA Seagate HD

Comment

Hey guys quick question

I have a GA-X58A-UD3R-rev2 mobo inside a Antec 1200 case

I cant seem to enable post on beeps, i know that the case didnt come with a speaker
          does the motherboard come with some sort of beeper of sorts

I know, dumb question.......this is the first time i have run across this myself

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
            Hey guys quick question

I have a GA-X58A-UD3R-rev2 mobo inside a Antec 1200 case

I cant seem to enable post on beeps, i know that the case didnt come with a speaker
            does the motherboard come with some sort of beeper of sorts

I know, dumb question.......this is the first time i have run across this myself

Thanks
            it doesnt come with a mb speaker,you need to purchase one and attach it to the pins at the bottom of the mb near to where the front panel power switch wires are
            you need one of these
            Motherboard / Case Speaker - Buzzer - BIOS Beeps on eBay (end time 03-Aug-10 11:29:04 BST)
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Perfect

Thanks Wazza

Comment

Originally posted by kinudig View Post
                Hello all - 1st post. I've been reading various threads throughout the day and I have to say that I'm impressed with the professionalism and level of expertise in this community.

As for myself, I'm more of a PC builder-dilettante. Or rather I used to be. I don't have the time to even be a hack any more. Anyway, I put together the following in about 2003, maybe 2004.

SYSTEM: Win XP
                MB: GA-8KNXP Ultra Rev.2 875P chipset
                RAM: Mushkin HP3200 (1&1) 2GB
                CPU: Intel p4 3.00GHz
                BIOS: FJ 9/2/05 Version GBT -42302e31 Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
                VIDEO: (Diamond) Radeon HD 4650 AGP 512MB GDDR3
                HDDs: Fujita MAS series 15k 36GB x2 (SCSI in RAID)
                DVD: Plextor PX 880-SA (SATA)
                POWER: Mushkin 800W XP-800AP
                CASE: Antec 900

Just recently started playing with this dinosaur again. It was originally just a audio-rendering workstation. Didn't even connect to the internet because I was running an older Pro Tools rig that required the use of specific outdated drivers for stability. Since then it has been repurposed into a gaming rig, then after the original G-card went, it sat for 2 years in the dark. (Audio card went bad too. Working with on-board audio at the moment.)

So I bought a new G-card (see above) and after installing, I noticed that my dvd drives were not working. Ah, that must have been yet another reason for retirement at the time. No prob, I'll just go get a new one, right? Well I bought a SATA dvd/cd writer figuring that it would be that much easier to install.

NOPE. No power to the unit, no recognition from the system. No way to load my new G-card drivers.

As it stands right now, I need help getting my SATA dvd working. Been reading about a lot of problems and potential fixes, but all with various differences from what I have going. My understanding of computers is not comprehensive enough to adapt methods from even somewhat similar situations to my own specific issues. I just don't have the time to experiment anymore without some guidance.

1) Need help getting my system to recognize my dvd drive.
                - tried various settings in BIOS as advised from various posts on the topic from this forum and others. But I don't mind starting from scratch.

2)Need help getting graphics card drivers to install. XXXXX Disregard. I figured out my problem. Starting to come back to me now...

3) Also remembered that, way back when, I was trying to upgrade my memory, so I bought 2 sets of the Mushkin HP3200 2GB. Could never get system to stabilize with 2nd set installed. Was in the middle of working that one out when old G-card died. It will be an issue again after I resolve the above.

I'm sure there will be questions for me to answer. I know I'm forgetting something... Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
                Did you get your issues sorted out? It may just be that the cable is bad, or the drive is not compatible?

As for GFX drivers, I'd suggest you download the latest anyway and not install them from an old CD.

Originally posted by Guru Josh View Post
                I just put together a machine with the GA-870A-UD3 rev 2.0 and ASUS ENGT240/DI/1GD3/A GeForce GT 240 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready video card. When I start it up there is no video at all, just a blank screen.

This is my first build so I might have something wrong but I helped my friend do one last year and it still works fine so I thought I did everything right. I went through the troubleshooting questions in the video card manual and still nothing. A couple forum users are discussing this at http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-8...26/#post365561, but no solution there yet. Can you help?

Other components are:
                - 400W Corsair CMPSU-400CX
                - ASUS SATA Optical Drive
                - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX
                - Koutech IO-RCM621 Front Panel Multi-format Card Reader
                - Antec Three Hundred Tower Case
                - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
                - 1 TB SATA Seagate HD
                Are you using the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Did you test the card in another system yet to be sure it was not DOA?

Comment

Got it. I had a mistake in my connections, but it it working fine now.

Comment

Ahh, glad to see you got it fixed now!

Comment

• Raid 0

Question, which do you think would be faster? I have two WD V/R 600gb sata 3 hard drives. I am running them now in RAID 0 on ports 0 and 1. I would like to run them off the sata 3 ports. (6/7). Wanted to know which would be faster because they are run off two different chip sets. 0/1 is intel and 6/7 is Marvel i think.
                      My set up so far is:
                      X58a-UD5 rev. 2
                      I7 930 moving to 980x in a week
                      Corsair Dominators 2000mhz at 8-8-8-24-2T
                      HAF-X case
                      Corsair 1000HX psu
                      Meg. Shw CPU Cooler
                      Sapphire 5870 vapor-x in crossfire

I cannot fine any information on the rev. 2 board online except gigabyte website and I tried emailing gigabyte support and was told just to run them off the intel ports. The purpose of buying a board that have sata 3 is to use them. But if they don't work, then it a waste.

Want to know which is faster and if the marvel is best is there any driver needed to set this up and get it running.

Comment

it will probably be faster on the sata3 ports but marvell drivers are terrible,you will have slower read/writes on the intel but they will be 100% reliable
                        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Why do you say Marvell driver are crap. Could they have made improvement from before

Comment

idk its just from what ive read,ive never used sata3,if only intel made sata3 drivers
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

how i can update bios my graphic gigapyte card ?
                              ASrock 890GX EXTREME 4
                              amd phenom ii x4 955
                              EVGA nvidia 450 gts SC
                              Kingston HyperX 2(2GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9
                              Western Digital (WD) Caviar Black WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 1TB 64MB cache
                              Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 650w PSU
                              OS windows 7 ultimate bit 64

Comment

Drivers aside, the Marvell controller just can't handle RAID reliably, especially if you bench it often or move large amounts of data.

So you would be better off keeping the array on the Intel ports. It performs great with a single drive, but not so hot at all (More like SATAII) with a RAID Array on it.

@ Superdinmo

What card do you have, and do you mean BIOS or drivers?

Comment

Working...
                                X