Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can fine these driver. I am trying to make sure I have all in order before the build.
    I don't need the 980x as there is nothing that will use it to the fullest, but lending that way anyway, because this will by my last build for a couple years, also like you said, it would be easier to run my ram at stated speed (2000mhz @ 8-8-8-24)
    I am open to ideas and anything that will help with this build.

Comment

• Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I already have the memory, I got them a while ago and have been running them in my current build, which I plan on giving to my son, but taking some parts for my new build and replacing with lower speed one for his.

Current build I am giving to my son. Classified 759, w/I7 930, WD 640gb in RAID 0, Corsair 1600 memory,Ultra X3 1000w psu. This will last him for years to come, even when he goes off to school in two years.
        The highest I could get my memory stable was around 1866.
        So I am upgrading for myself, a system I will not have to touch for 5 years, expect maybe GPU, but don't think I will have to do that, I would just add a third.
        Just will be doing some gaming , video and photo editing. (starter not a professional)
        Like I said earlier, I have everything expect the CPU. That is the hard choice. I can spend the money and make life easier or go for th eI7 930 again. Choices?

Comment

i understand,your best value chip would be the 920 D0,its got 21x cpu multi where as the 930 has 22x but is less stable when overclocking using a 22x cpu multi,youll have an easier time with a 920 and save a few dollars,or you could splash out on a 980x to boost your gpu performance its up to you and your needs
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Only live once, 980X it is. So it should look something like this.

X58A-UD5 rev. 2
            WD VR 600 x2 in RAID 0 off of the sata 3 connectors
            980X CPU
            Corsair 2000mhz memory (8-8-8-24-1T)
            Mega Shadow CPU Cooler
            HAF X case
            Hann-G 28 Monitor (1920x1200)
            Sapphire Vapor X 5870 x2 in Crossfire

I plan on running a 4.0 overclock for a daily use and also seeing how far I can push it. Thanks for your help and I hope all one as planned. This should be one sweet system and last for a long time.

Comment

you will run at 4ghz with that chip easy,and run ram at 2000mhz as it uses less uncore frequency,if you have heatsink allready then you could buy an oem chip(no heatsink) for less money,but only buy one from a good retailer if your buying off ebay then always buy sealed box chips
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

I didn't think about that. Let me start looking now.

Comment

• @ yuu , artdrivers , lsdmeasap

Thanks for your input, things getting clearer !

Yes , i disabled one of the ethernet ports, don't need 2 of them.
                  Sorry for the misleading performance comment, i know i can't get the mobo faster except for oc'ing and bit at boot time.
                  I meant performance on OS side cause i'm running SnowLeopard only on my mobo ( so far everything's working from hardware side of view), thus i'm tweaking the tables for it better recognizes what is there and loads all the usefull drivers ( called kext at Macs ) for SystemBus , LPC etc... MacOSX searches/expects other "names" , "methods" on a DSDT, therefore a lot to rewrite and change to get all advantages of it.

Big fun it is...

Comment

i tried setting up a new Pc based on the GA-P55A-ud5 motherboard and an i7-875k intel CPU. I am a very experienced PC builder having built so far hundreds of PCs, both professionally and for personal use. So i started by installing the Motherboard on my Case's motherboard tray, attach the CPU according to the instructions, attached a heat-sink, using all appropriate steps, attached one memory module, attached a VGa card, a keyboard, connected both power connectors from the PSU (tagan super rock 680), and the PC didn't boot. I then connected a speaker to check the BIOS error code and i got a looooooooong beep. I think this stands for a motherboard or CPU eror, but just in case i tried everything with a different PSU, different memory module, no memory module at all. it is always the same thing. i was checking the diagnostic LEDs on the Motherboard.when the PC tries to boot up, the GD1,GD2, Md1, MD2 LEDs, all light up and stay lit. so do all the CPU phase LEDs. Then the long beep starts, it last something like 6-8 seconds, it stops for a second or so and the CPU LED flashes for a an instant., then the beeping starts again and the cycle goes on an don, until i power off the PC. I'm guessing it's either the motherboard or so the CPU or both, but i was hoping you could have a different suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by koumdros View Post
                      i tried setting up a new Pc based on the GA-P55A-ud5 motherboard and an i7-875k intel CPU. I am a very experienced PC builder having built so far hundreds of PCs, both professionally and for personal use. So i started by installing the Motherboard on my Case's motherboard tray, attach the CPU according to the instructions, attached a heat-sink, using all appropriate steps, attached one memory module, attached a VGa card, a keyboard, connected both power connectors from the PSU (tagan super rock 680), and the PC didn't boot. I then connected a speaker to check the BIOS error code and i got a looooooooong beep. I think this stands for a motherboard or CPU eror, but just in case i tried everything with a different PSU, different memory module, no memory module at all. it is always the same thing. i was checking the diagnostic LEDs on the Motherboard.when the PC tries to boot up, the GD1,GD2, Md1, MD2 LEDs, all light up and stay lit. so do all the CPU phase LEDs. Then the long beep starts, it last something like 6-8 seconds, it stops for a second or so and the CPU LED flashes for a an instant., then the beeping starts again and the cycle goes on an don, until i power off the PC. I'm guessing it's either the motherboard or so the CPU or both, but i was hoping you could have a different suggestion.
                      did you install memory in white slots only? it could be bios unsupporting that chip untill you update but that would need another chip installed to allow you to flash the bios but im not 100% sure on that,it would depend on what version of bios shipped with the mb

the 875k is a newer chip maybe it would work with a 750 chip? then flash to latest bios and swap 750 with 875k
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

+ 1 ^^

This is probably the issue, 875K is not supported until BIOS F10, which the board probably did not ship with
                        GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket 1156 - Intel P55 - GA-P55A-UD5 (rev. 1.0)

Comment

well the problem is i have no way of knowing what kind of BIOs is in the motherboard... and i have no other 1156 CPU at hand, i have tons of every other conceivable format, s775, s1356, s478 even, Am3, am2+, am2, even socket939 but alas no other s1156 CPU. oh and i tried installing the memory in white, blue, and variosu combinations thereof.. no luck. i really hope it is the CPU, i would hate to go through the ordeal to get the mobo or CPU replaced. especially the cpu i searched inlike 15-17 stores to find the 875K
                          Last edited by koumdros; 07-25-2010, 05:06 PM.

Comment

the only way to know would be to take it to a friend or pc store with the latest bios on a usb stick and ask if they would plop in a i7 750 chip and flash the bios for you

doesnt have to be a 750 chip either any i3/i5 chip would work,preferably one thats been on the market longer than the 875k
                            Last edited by wazza300; 07-25-2010, 05:09 PM.
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

will do so in the morning... to the store where i bought it to be exact. thanks guys, i hope the answer is something so simple. to tell you the truth i sort of considered this as an option but was almost sure the board would boot with the processor as it is too similar to the i7-870.
                              Last edited by koumdros; 07-25-2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

well i hope it fixes it for you,i know 100% that you have to do this with the 980x chip sometimes if mb has old bios on it so its a possibility with that chip too,just makesure you have usb stick formatted in fat32 with the latest bios (just the .bin file is all thats needed on the stick)for that mb on it
                                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                                Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Working...
                                X