Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
    No mike stokes is probably right. The 3820 just happens to be a beast of a chip for overclocking, and the silicon lottery effects them like others, but it's a big percentage of them that are "golden." It just depends on the chip really. 4.4 at around 1.29 to 1.31 vcore sounds right for the typical 3820 costa rica. Some people can run them stable at a good bit less voltage than that. On my chip with the X79-UP4 I run 4.35 at 1.28 but when I step up to 4.5 I have to bump my vcore up to about 1.33. A lot of it has to do with the BIOS, even if you only consider BIOS versions of the same model gigabyte board, the BIOS build versions will vary some in the amount of vcore the chip needs to run stably. But when you start looking at different brand boards and a lot of screenies for each you can get an idea of how the range varies between boards and manufacturers.
    Hmm, mine always required 1.375V at 4375 (35x125) until I upgraded my microcode from 070B...that was when Virtualfred began the modding in July/August. With 070D or 0710 it's stable as a rock at 1.35. It's a Costa Rica Batch 3201B130. Earliest shipment one week after their release.

Maybe I should try and see if it's less voltage when running 43x100.

Any idea what the all new "non-K overclocking" feature in the latest X79 biosses is for? Seems like they did something coming from the socket 115x boards, despite us having the strap feature for OCing.

@mike: Thanks for letting me know, it'll give me a broader perspective than just staring at my little chip here.

Comment

Originally posted by Amurtigress View Post
      Hmm, mine always required 1.375V at 4375 (35x125) until I upgraded my microcode from 070B...that was when Virtualfred began the modding in July/August. With 070D or 0710 it's stable as a rock at 1.35. It's a Costa Rica Batch 3201B130. Earliest shipment one week after their release.

Any idea what the all new "non-K overclocking" feature in the latest X79 biosses is for? Seems like they did something coming from the socket 115x boards, despite us having the strap feature for OCing.

@mike: Thanks for letting me know, it'll give me a broader perspective than just staring at my little chip here.
      Give it a go. You might knock some heat out of it. 43X100 is the recommended way to clock it. ..and I have come across more than one person who says to get it there you don't have to touch the voltage.

Comment

I just asked Stasio about the non k overclock in the latest BIOS thread earlier today, maybe he'll have some information on it. Something else you might want to try for bringing your voltage down is setting your PLL to 1.65, and also sometimes a really high ram speed will cause instability on voltages that are normally stable, so you may try bumping the ram speed down a tad if it's really high. I run mine at 1600 to 2000 usually, I set it down to 1666 while I'm testing or tweaking and then when I get things set up pretty good and its running well closed to where I'll leave the settings, I bump it back up and play around with it.

Oh one more thing, the non k overclocking appeared with the other ivy bridge settings when they came out I believe, so it may be related to IB but that doesn't mean it's not going to help us.

Comment

Just noticed something on X79-UD3 about Audio Driver.

The latest package from realtek doesn't mentionned the ALC 898 in the release note, so when install-it on the UD3, the installation run smoothly, driver is installed, but no sound, i've to revert biack to the last official driver or the default windows one.

So why 898 is not supported???

trying myself without success.

Ghostearth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostearth View Post
            Just noticed something on X79-UD3 about Audio Driver.
            The latest package from realtek doesn't mentionned the ALC 898 in the release note, so when install-it on the UD3, the installation run smoothly, driver is installed, but no sound, i've to revert biack to the last official driver or the default windows one.
            So why 898 is not supported???
            trying myself without success.
            Ghostearth.
            Sound works for me with 6.0.1.7071 on Z77X-UD5H (ALC898 too)
            It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
            Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
            2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
            2nd rig : Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod - Core i5 3470 @4.0GHz - Noctua NH-D14 -
            Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
            Crucial M4 128GB - 2x WD10EALX RAID1 - Dell 2408WFP - Logitech Illuminated & G5
            - Bose Companion 20 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits Legacy
            HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
            Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12
            Gigabyte Modified BIOS & About ME firmware

Comment

Hello Fred,

Very strange indeed, i'm using optical connection with 5.1 logitech sound system, as i say before, i'm unable to display sound out my speakers, i don't know why it does not work even if the installation work fine.When i re-install the previous WHQL official package all run fine.

Nevermind, i will keep the windows default one right now.

Thanks anyway for your reply bro.

Ghostearth.

Originally posted by virtualfred View Post
              Sound works for me with 6.0.1.7071 on Z77X-UD5H (ALC898 too)

Comment

Hello Fred,
                Very strange indeed, i'm using optical connection with 5.1 logitech sound system, as i say before, i'm unable to display sound out my speakers, i don't know why it does not work even if the installation work fine.When i re-install the previous WHQL official package all run fine.
                Nevermind, i will keep the windows default one right now.
                Thanks anyway for your reply bro.
                Ghostearth.
                It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
                Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
                2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
                2nd rig : Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod - Core i5 3470 @4.0GHz - Noctua NH-D14 -
                Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
                Crucial M4 128GB - 2x WD10EALX RAID1 - Dell 2408WFP - Logitech Illuminated & G5
                - Bose Companion 20 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits Legacy
                HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
                Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12
                Gigabyte Modified BIOS & About ME firmware

Comment

This may or may not fix the problem:
                  Use Notepad to create a text file with this content:

set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
                  devmgmt.msc

Save file as: setdev.bat.txt
                  Then rename file to: setdev.bat
                  Right-click: Run as Administrator.
                  After Device Manager opens, click View/Show Hidden Devices.
                  Then click on each + sign and check for any "greyed out" devices. Right-click and uninstall those.

Every time a different Realtek Audio driver version gets installed, a new instance of audio devices appears in Device Manager (Windows 8/8.1 only).

Comment

Many thanks for the tips vailr, but unfortunately it doesn't work on my W7_x64, maybe on W8 this will do the job.

I think there is something missing in the latest driver, cause when i was install it, the realtek sound manager app, display only one tab, the previous one two tab.

Regards,

Ghostearth.

Originally posted by vailr View Post
                    This may or may not fix the problem:
                    Use Notepad to create a text file with this content:

set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
                    devmgmt.msc

Save file as: setdev.bat.txt
                    Then rename file to: setdev.bat
                    Right-click: Run as Administrator.
                    After Device Manager opens, click View/Show Hidden Devices.
                    Then click on each + sign and check for any "greyed out" devices. Right-click and uninstall those.

Every time a different Realtek Audio driver version gets installed, a new instance of audio devices appears in Device Manager (Windows 8/8.1 only).

Comment

Hi All,

My voltages never seem to change, no matter how much I change them in the bios...

I'm running a 2500k in a G1 Sniper M3, 8gb of ram and the latest 10f beta bios. (I've tried 10a, 10b, 10c etc but none of them seem to work)

Any advice/help would be great.

Cheers

Comment

Hello, I have a GA-Z87-D3HP and I ran into a problem with it. There is no link speed setting for gigabit ethernet, only 100mbps. I've updated to the latest beta bios and the problem persists. Any idea what the issue could be?
                        Last edited by zenith66; 11-04-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

hi,i have x79-ud5 with i7 3930k ,from f13w bios till f13z something goes wrong with llc
                          i was running f13p and vcore was stable under full load 4,5ghz 1,4 vcore
                          now with f13z i have vdrop from 1,450 with 100% load goes to 1,356 i am not prime stable anymore and i am mad

Comment

@kostas75#

In case you mean the sensor readings:

I've got a X79-UD5 too. The VCore is NOT dropping, it is only the sensor reading. I was irritated by that too. It made utterly no difference with LLC between 60 and 100%, it always dropped to the same reading under load. So I pulled my multimeter out and tested it under the CPU socket. The board is behaving to Intel's specs. Slight rise at >80% LLC. No dropping at 80%, increased dropping under 80%. You can actually take the voltage setting in the BIOS for granted as idle voltage, my board was within 7mV of the BIOS setting.

Your stability is likely suffering from either Non-K OC option (disable!) or the new Spread Spectrum option. Better set the Spread Spectrum option to something NOT Auto. 0.1% works nicely for me.

Every BIOS beyond F13t is a different beast, since they added support for IVB-E processors. Also when using BIOSses beyond F13t, better use @BIOS to flash. My system suffered some instability too when I used the BIOS internal flasher.

Hope that helps...
                            Last edited by Amurtigress; 11-11-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

@kostas75#

In case you mean the sensor readings:

I've got a X79-UD5 too. The VCore is NOT dropping, it is only the sensor reading. I was irritated by that too. It made utterly no difference with LLC between 60 and 100%, it always dropped to the same reading under load. So I pulled my multimeter out and tested it under the CPU socket. The board is behaving to Intel's specs. Slight rise at >80% LLC. No dropping at 80%, increased dropping under 80%. You can actually take the voltage setting in the BIOS for granted as idle voltage, my board was within 7mV of the BIOS setting.

Your stability is likely suffering from either Non-K OC option (disable!) or the new Spread Spectrum option. Better set the Spread Spectrum option to something NOT Auto. 0.1% works nicely for me.

Every BIOS beyond F13t is a different beast, since they added support for IVB-E processors. Also when using BIOSses beyond F13t, better use @BIOS to flash. My system suffered some instability too when I used the BIOS internal flasher.

Hope that helps...
                              thanks for your replay
                              with f13p bios and 1,4 vcore and llc Auto, i was prime stable for 3 hours
                              now with NEW bios to be stable i have to rase vcore to 1,44 and set llc to turbo,so i think there is no sensor issue .
                              i will use multimeter to check it out

Comment

Hi I'm currently using Gigabyte g1 sniper m3 mATX motherboard. my question is whenever i connect a device to a usb 3.0 hub there is always saying unknown device, or incompatible please use USB2.0, i update my bios to f9 and also re-install the driver for usb in USB3. do you think the mother board has a problem with USB ports?
                                Intel Core i5 2500k
                                GIGABYTE G1 Sniper M3
                                G.SKILL Ares 4x2gb 1600mhz
                                WD Black 2TB
                                Seasonic G550w
                                Coolermaster N200 Clear Side Window.

Comment

Working...
                                X