Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You should put your OS drive on the Intel ports, SATAII_0 or SATAII_0+1 if you are running RAID. Then put your DVD drive on the SATAII_5 port or on the GSATA ports, they are fine to use, just not as fast as the Intel controller is

thanks for the info. gonna switch my HDD and ODD's now
    GA-EP45-UD3P 1.6rev
    Q9550 @ 451x8.5 3.83ghz SLB8V 1.296 vcore in bios
    Batch #L846B715
    G-Skill ddr2 1066 2x1gb running at 1082mhz??
    OCZ Vendetta 2 with 120mm fan
    Corsair HX650w PSU with a 120mm fan
    Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
    WD2500AAKS
    WD3200AAKS
    WD500GB GP
    WD1001FALS
    All housed in the Big Red Hemi
    CM HAF 922 1X200MM,2X200MM RED LED & 1x140mm rear fan
    Burners=
    Sony Optaric Nec AD7220S
    Sony Optaric Nec AD7240S
    Lite-on IHAS324-9-A x2

Comment

If you are using RAID please do not, or wait for help. Otherwise you will be fine

Comment

no im not useing RAID. i dont knwo the first thing about it. i just have the OS on my WD2500AAKS and the rest are just for storage.
        GA-EP45-UD3P 1.6rev
        Q9550 @ 451x8.5 3.83ghz SLB8V 1.296 vcore in bios
        Batch #L846B715
        G-Skill ddr2 1066 2x1gb running at 1082mhz??
        OCZ Vendetta 2 with 120mm fan
        Corsair HX650w PSU with a 120mm fan
        Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
        WD2500AAKS
        WD3200AAKS
        WD500GB GP
        WD1001FALS
        All housed in the Big Red Hemi
        CM HAF 922 1X200MM,2X200MM RED LED & 1x140mm rear fan
        Burners=
        Sony Optaric Nec AD7220S
        Sony Optaric Nec AD7240S
        Lite-on IHAS324-9-A x2

Comment

Regarding my T1028X Egalax gesture software- Its the software that allows for you to do things via the touchscreen. You are supposed to be able to configure the gestures to do whatever you want them to. On mine the check boxes keep unchecking themselves when you try to configue the gestures. Does that help?

What are you asking about here? Sorry, I'm a bit lost

You should put your OS drive on the Intel ports, SATAII_0 or SATAII_0+1 if you are running RAID. Then put your DVD drive on the SATAII_5 port or on the GSATA ports, they are fine to use, just not as fast as the Intel controller is

Comment

Ahh, I thought you meant something along those lines. No, really doesn't help much for me because we help with Gigabyte products here and I personally don't have any knowledge of the product you are mentioning, so that is why I was confused mostly because I wasn't sure why you asked that in this thread.

No offense meant at all, just wondered why you didn't ask in the main forum with your own thread. Not many people read this thread as it is really only meant to say hello but people post to it anyway. Make a new thread and maybe someone can help you, but not sure if it should be in the Gigabyte section since it is not related.

Comment

Hello,

I own a gigabyte 790FXTA UD5 and I am really very happy with it. i am about to build a new rig though (the current goes to my nephew) and I would like to buy the X58 UD7. I already have the CPU (i7 980x) and the HDDs, 1 SSD crucial c300 256GB SATA 6Gbs and 4 Samsung spinpoint F3 2TB (for RAID 10 array).

Ok, I have one concern, I have read a few threads (at tom's hardware and anandtech) that there was a pb with the crucial SSD and the SATA 6Gbs on the board (firmware issues I beleive). Is it true or has it been fixed?

Comment

What do you mean by PB, problem? If so, no there isn't any problems, what you read was likely user error or lack of knowledge if you meant posts by normal users.

There is some negativity on 6GB/s SSD's in general due to some firmware issues though, but this is expected with such a new drive. It works fine though, but not sure what your concern is?

Comment

What do you mean by PB, problem? If so, no there isn't any problems, what you read was likely user error or lack of knowledge if you meant posts by normal users.

There is some negativity on 6GB/s SSD's in general due to some firmware issues though, but this is expected with such a new drive. It works fine though, but not sure what your concern is?
                  Yeah, I meant problem, sorry about that. I could have been clearer or at least add a link. This is what I found (user's comment at newegg)

Pros: I can't think of any.

Cons: The first issue is that I can't boot it with a USB keyboard at all. I'm using a Saitek Eclipse II and it just doesn't work. I have two more Saitek keyboards and none of them work. I have to plug in an old keyboard to get the thing to boot and then I plug in my USB keyboard in order to use it. For $350+ I just can't live with this issue.
                  I have tried all different settings in the BIOS as well as all of the other BIOS versions available and noting worked.

I specifically went with this motherboard to take advantage of my new SATA 6/gbs Crucial C300 SSD. It doesn't work right on this board either. It takes forever to boot up and it hangs. I did some research and I am not the only one with these problems with this motherboard.

Other Thoughts: I would imagine it would be fine if it worked right. I will stick with ASUS as I never had any issues with their boards.
                  I did find similar comments about this on different forums. I was wondering if it was an issue specific to the gigabyte board. It is expensive material so I'd like to be sure before buying it. Although, if in your opinion it sounds like a firmware problem then disregard it as it will most certainly be fixed with the next update.

Comment

Ahh well they may just be used to a much faster booting board, Gigabyte boards do boot slower than many others by default. This is will all of them, not X58 alone or with a 6GB/s SSD.

No the issue I mean are what Anand has found in general with all 6GB/s SSD's out now, recovering from large erases and write times not cleaning up very well when disk is full or has just been trimmed, they just need more firmware progress is all. Yes I assume things will get fixed in a firmware update, but it might take as few though. You can always look in the Crucial Forum if you have not already, plenty of users there using these and posting issues too of course (But there is plenty with no issues and UD7 too). Let me know if you need a link.

I personally do not have one of these yet, but when I do get one I would be using it on the Intel chip anyway because the Marvell drivers are just not as fast from most tests I have seen anyway. So no need to use these ports just yet I don't think.

Comment

Ahh well they may just be used to a much faster booting board, Gigabyte boards do boot slower than many others by default. This is will all of them, not X58 alone or with a 6GB/s SSD.

No the issue I mean are what Anand has found in general with all 6GB/s SSD's out now, recovering from large erases and write times not cleaning up very well when disk is full or has just been trimmed, they just need more firmware progress is all. Yes I assume things will get fixed in a firmware update, but it might take as few though. You can always look in the Crucial Forum if you have not already, plenty of users there using these and posting issues too of course (But there is plenty with no issues and UD7 too). Let me know if you need a link.

I personally do not have one of these yet, but when I do get one I would be using it on the Intel chip anyway because the Marvell drivers are just not as fast from most tests I have seen anyway. So no need to use these ports just yet I don't think.
                      Ok, thanks for the info.

Comment

Anytime!

Are you buying now, or in a while? Just wondered, if I get one myself I will let you know how it works out.

Do keep in mind though, once firmware and drivers get updated the marvell ports will likely out perform the Intel ones, just isn't fully there yet is all.

Comment

Anytime!

Are you buying now, or in a while? Just wondered, if I get one myself I will let you know how it works out.

Do keep in mind though, once firmware and drivers get updated the marvell ports will likely out perform the Intel ones, just isn't fully there yet is all.
                          I don;t think that I am going to buy it at all. My first choice regarding the MB was the EVGA X58 Classified (4 or 3 way SLI/Xfire) but it didn't have SATA 6Gbs. Gigabyte was the only choice but now, a user at overclock.net pointed me here: Your Ultimate Gaming Stop . I think that I will get back to ASUS this time around. Thanks for the help though.

Comment

Ahh OK, well enjoy your new board no matte what you end up getting!

Comment

Hi guys, I have a little problem here with a GA-EP45-UD3LR board. The problem is it will not post with 4 dimms occupied with OCZ2FX11502GK memory (ALL are 1gig modules). Now the reason I bought the board is so I could run these modules at their rated speed...Not to be. I have the latest bios F10 and have set the voltage MCH CORE 0+.2 (1.3)...Dram up 0+.3 (2.1v). That allows to post with one dimm occupied. Now here is the problem...If I place all 4 rams in.......The machine will not post, just keeps powering on/off. If I take out slot 3 the machine will post. If I put it back in and remove only slot 2, the machine just keeps powering on off again. So me thinks slot three is dodgy. But if I put one stick only in slot three the machine posts. Even tho I have lowered the spd to 1000 or even 800 with everything else set to auto except the timings 5-5-5-18 @2.1v the machine refuses to post. So here is my question.....Is there a known issue with the memory controller with all 4 dimms occupied or could the board be defective?

I am thinking about RMA but the thing that has thrown me is that the machine will post regardless of what dimm (1 module only) I try......Just not with all 4.....

e6850 3ghz stock
                              OCZ2FX11502GK 4x1 gig
                              zalman 850w power supply
                              evga 8800 ultra graphics

GA-EP45-UD3LR

Thanks in advance for any insight to this issue.

Memtest no problems with the ram.

Comment

Please make a new thread with this issue, that way we can keep track of what you have tried and what all has been discussed already.

Sounds to me like you just need proper settings is all. Please copy your post and any new thoughts you might have to a new thread, then get a template from my signature and give us your current full settings you are trying and we will advise back.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X