Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Same thing with single beep happand to me too with F10H bios on GA-P55A-UD4. With F9 is all normal same settings on both bios

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the interest in my problem and help.

Regarding the multiplier issue, I was starting with optimised defaults (although before that, I had the same problem with stable overclock settings). I also had the multiplier set at 20x when I loaded optimised defaults.

I didn't hang around long testing that situation as I just thought it was one of the many weird things my board does when changing settings. The latest weird thing is that when i change settings sometimes, I notice that the CPU fan doesn't move much past 1000 rpm, even when I Intel Burn test. To get it to "reset" and work again, I have to power off the machine, take out the power cable, discharge the residual energy (if there is such a thing) by pressing the power button and then plug-in and power up again.

Anyway, I have a SOLUTION to the beeping. At least I think I do as its only been 8 hours running without a beep, but they were coming thick and fast recently (two or three at a time).

I did a lot more googling when you said that there were a few threads about the issue. I started searching Tweaktown and found a recent one you had helped on, but it seemed to be solved by getting ram voltage and settings right - I've seen that fix a few times and it doesn't seem to be my issue.

I found this: P55a-UD3 - Bios and Beeps - Gigabyte - Motherboards-Memory and the suggestion by Fatbird sounded pretty confident, plus it was relating the issue to the C3/C6/C7 state switching.

As I want the state features enabled I decided to turn off the CPU temp warning in the BIOS settings. And for now, it is working. I'll post back if I hear a beep, and in a week or so if I have remained beep free.

Comment

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the dynamic energy support to install. I get an error telling me it is not compatible with my gigabyte board.

MB: GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6
        BIOS: FE
        CPU: Pentium D 965 (EE) (ES)
        PSU: Rosewill Extreme 1000w

Thanks. Is it maybe my bios settings or what?

Screwauger

Comment

Originally posted by screwauger View Post
          Hello,

I am having trouble getting the dynamic energy support to install. I get an error telling me it is not compatible with my gigabyte board.

MB: GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6
          BIOS: FE
          CPU: Pentium D 965 (EE) (ES)
          PSU: Rosewill Extreme 1000w

Thanks. Is it maybe my bios settings or what?

Screwauger
          It could be that CPU? Maybe it does not support these energy saving features that the newer ones do, I know it does supprt energy saving in general but it may not the same type of programming for those?

Are you downloading the latest version online? If not grab the latest version located here >>
          GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

As for BIOS settings, please be sure you are starting with Optimize Defaults not Fail Safe, and you must have C1E and EIST enabled in the BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
            It could be that CPU? Maybe it does not support these energy saving features that the newer ones do, I know it does supprt energy saving in general but it may not the same type of programming for those?

Are you downloading the latest version online? If not grab the latest version located here >>
            GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

As for BIOS settings, please be sure you are starting with Optimize Defaults not Fail Safe, and you must have C1E and EIST enabled in the BIOS.
            My BIOS does not have the EIST function but does have the C1E which is enabled.
            And yes, I have the latest version of the DES advanced.
            Thanks.
            Last edited by screwauger; 04-19-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

GIGABYTE TECH SUPPORT,

Please assist me with a EX58 UD4P Motherboard which fails to POST or show any activity. It was purchased in July 2009. I tested the PC Power & Cooling PS as good. I disconnected all except CPU a stick of RAM (in slot 1) and PS. No response. I think this board is Dead and I need an RMA number.

Thank you,
              efgoodson

Comment

Originally posted by screwauger View Post
                My BIOS does not have the EIST function but does have the C1E which is enabled.
                And yes, I have the latest version of the DES advanced.
                Thanks.
                You may not be able to use the features of the Dynamic Energy Saver program due to your older CPU not having EIST Features that were only introduced in the newer Core based CPU's. I see it does list Pentium D as a supported CPU in the program details I found, but it does not say which ones are supported. Since you do not have EIST I think this is the issue, the setting would be on the same page as C1E if you did have it.

You are loading optimized defaults and apply/F10 reboot right? If not try that, then look and see if you have this setting. Also if you do, be sure you set your SATA/Disk settings again BEFORE you load windows.

Originally posted by efgoodson View Post
                GIGABYTE TECH SUPPORT,

Please assist me with a EX58 UD4P Motherboard which fails to POST or show any activity. It was purchased in July 2009. I tested the PC Power & Cooling PS as good. I disconnected all except CPU a stick of RAM (in slot 1) and PS. No response. I think this board is Dead and I need an RMA number.

Thank you,
                efgoodson
                Did this just happen one day? Have you tried to clear the CMOS yet?

If you have not, please try to clear your CMOS using the method I outline in post #2 here

If you feel you have tried everything and you think you must RMA the RMA webpage is here
                RMA

Comment

I Appreciate the prompt reply.
                  I did clear CMOS per the instructions you linked. I found the PC shut down several times over the last week. It is the home's central PC which is not turned off.

efgoodson

Comment

Ahh, so does it still boot? To BIOS, and or windows?

If so you do not need to RMA at all, if it is still running let me know before you RMA it and I can probably help you get it going. It could just be your settings or something else failing and not the board.

Comment

Thanks the for help but no, It is still dead...I was trying to respond to the earlier question about TRYING to clear CMOS and meant to say that I did TRY to clear CMOS but no luck. That also was prior to posting here for your assistance. I have filled out a RMA form and hope to hear back soon with an RMA number.

Sincerely,
                      efgoodson

Comment

Ahh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Well good luck on a speedy RMA, usually only takes 2 weeks or so, sometimes more/less.

Let us know how it goes for you, and sorry to hear your board died on you!!

Comment

• GA-H55M-S2H DVI problem

Hi Gigabyte tech support,

When I turn on my new system, the DVI connection of the GA-H55M-S2H motherboard outputs signal interference instead of the expected text-mode POST info.

If I plug in a video card in the PCI-express x16 slot, the card's DVI connector correctly displays the post screen

Using this video card, I flashed the motherboard BIOS from F1 to F5 and loaded the optimized defaults as instructed.

I then removed the other video card and tried the motherboard DVI connector again without success.

So the F5 BIOS did not solve the problem, and since another video card works fine, the problem seems to be with the motherboard DVI.

I bought this motherboard so I wouldn't need to have a separate video card.

Please help!

---------------------------------------

System specs:

Motherboard: GA-H55M-S2H, Bios: F5
                          CPU: Intel i3-530
                          Memory: Corsair DDR3-1333 2x2GB CMV4GX3M2A1333C9
                          Monitor: 30" HP LP3065
                          Hard Drive: not installed yet

Comment

Hey Gigabyte Tech Forum,
                            This problem has been plaguing me for weeks. My computer will crash at random while loading maps, games, web pages, and windows. It only happens when loading, I don't have any trouble playing the game. The screen will turn black, or sometimes different colors with vertical bars. Any sound that was playing will continue playing for a few seconds. I do not get any error messages or anything unusual in the Event Viewer.

Here are my specs:
                            Motherboard GIGABYTE|GA-MA785GM-US2H
                            DVD BURN SAMSUNG | SH-S222A
                            Hard drive 250G|SAMG 16M SATA HD253GJ - OEM
                            Video card VGA SAPPHIRE 100287VGAL HD5670 512M
                            WIN HOME PREM 7 64-BIT ENG 1PK DSP
                            CPU AMD|ATH II X3 435 AM3 R
                            Memory 2Gx2|GSK F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT
                            PSU TT | W0070RUC 430W RTL
                            CASE TT|VJ60001N2Z BK RT
                            Netgear WLAN USB adapter

I've done the following:
                            Flashed the BIOS
                            Used one memory card at a time
                            Messed with BIOS settings related to memory like CAS latency
                            Turned off the onboard VGA
                            Left my case open with a fan on it
                            Reformatted the computer
                            Ran windows memory test, extended version with no errors

I had the PCI video card unplugged for awhile with no problem, but I didn't use it enough to get a crash.

Please, if you have any ideas about what the cause is please let me know. Everyone I've been getting help from said they believe the problem is with the memory.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMM View Post

When I turn on my new system, the DVI connection of the GA-H55M-S2H motherboard outputs signal interference instead of the expected text-mode POST info.

If I plug in a video card in the PCI-express x16 slot, the card's DVI connector correctly displays the post screen

Using this video card, I flashed the motherboard BIOS from F1 to F5 and loaded the optimized defaults as instructed.

I then removed the other video card and tried the motherboard DVI connector again without success.

So the F5 BIOS did not solve the problem, and since another video card works fine, the problem seems to be with the motherboard DVI.

I bought this motherboard so I wouldn't need to have a separate video card.

Please help!

---------------------------------------

System specs:

Motherboard: GA-H55M-S2H, Bios: F5
                              CPU: Intel i3-530
                              Memory: Corsair DDR3-1333 2x2GB CMV4GX3M2A1333C9
                              Monitor: 30" HP LP3065
                              Hard Drive: not installed yet
                              First of all, are you loading optimized defaults in the BIOS, then save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS before you make any changes? If not, please do this now.

Then set these in the Advanced BIOS pages if you are not already

Init Display First..........Onboard

Onboard VGA.................Always Enable

You may also try "Enable If No Ext PEG" just to test if maybe one setting has an issue or bug

For the following setting, you may need to test all 3
                              On-Chip Frame Buffer Size ................. 32/64/128

It very well could be the board though, or maybe it does not support such a large monitor. How are you connecting to that monitor, standard DVI cable? Do you have a smaller monitor to test with, just to see if the size is maybe the issue?

Originally posted by otistheguard View Post
                              Hey Gigabyte Tech Forum,
                              This problem has been plaguing me for weeks. My computer will crash at random while loading maps, games, web pages, and windows. It only happens when loading, I don't have any trouble playing the game. The screen will turn black, or sometimes different colors with vertical bars. Any sound that was playing will continue playing for a few seconds. I do not get any error messages or anything unusual in the Event Viewer.

Here are my specs:
                              Motherboard GIGABYTE|GA-MA785GM-US2H
                              DVD BURN SAMSUNG | SH-S222A
                              Hard drive 250G|SAMG 16M SATA HD253GJ - OEM
                              Video card VGA SAPPHIRE 100287VGAL HD5670 512M
                              WIN HOME PREM 7 64-BIT ENG 1PK DSP
                              CPU AMD|ATH II X3 435 AM3 R
                              Memory 2Gx2|GSK F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT
                              PSU TT | W0070RUC 430W RTL
                              CASE TT|VJ60001N2Z BK RT
                              Netgear WLAN USB adapter

I've done the following:
                              Flashed the BIOS
                              Used one memory card at a time
                              Messed with BIOS settings related to memory like CAS latency
                              Turned off the onboard VGA
                              Left my case open with a fan on it
                              Reformatted the computer
                              Ran windows memory test, extended version with no errors

I had the PCI video card unplugged for awhile with no problem, but I didn't use it enough to get a crash.

Please, if you have any ideas about what the cause is please let me know. Everyone I've been getting help from said they believe the problem is with the memory.
                              This sounds to me like your video card if going faulty, or overheating. Can you test with a different card, or the PCI one you mentioned.

Comment

Here's the problem. I can't Boot a Win7 x64 from a IDE RAID with the Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controler (2 Velociraptor 74Go RAID 0). I can install Windows in it booting from the CD. But at the first reboot, this say : read error. If i break the RAID and let the 2 drives alone, i can install Windows on one of them and this reboot fine from the controler. So, maybe the VD was wrong. I've try to re-create the VD from the BIOS, and got the same error (after reinstalling Window7 on it of course). Then with the Marvell console from a Windows installed on another drive just for this purpose. (RAID on the other SATA controler work just fine) Not working. I've try Load optimized default - load Fail-safe. Aint working.

Updated the bios at last version F8. not working. Then i've unplug the SATA CDROM.. and BAM this work, but ONLY ONCE!!! This reboot a first time, continuing the installation, and then, never reboot again... Pluging/unpluging CD didnt work again.

Then I've played with a lot of parameter, like : putting 10 secs waiting for HD detect, forcing the bus to priorize SATA instead of the USB 3.0.. I've try to do a AHCI RAID instead of a IDE RAID, same thing.

The only thing i didnt try is installing with Windows XP instead, and try the other BIOS (I think i was F6 before flashing to F8). I've saw the F9 downlodable.. as BETA.. and didnt try it yet.

Mobo: GA- P55A-UD4P Rev1

Config:
                                Hard disk boot priority: Ch6. Marvel RAID VD 0
                                First boot device: Hard disk
                                gSATA Ctrl : IDE (I would like to put it AHCI, but since the IDE mode aint working too, i've send you the problem with the lowest config)

err msg: A disk read error occured. Press ctrl-alt-del

Thank

John

Comment

Working...
                                X