Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

seems a little better today.

set the bios to optimized defaults and everything seems better.. will have to test
    running everest stablilty to test my temps were

CPU:43
    NB:45 *Constant*
    SYS:30-40 varied

i know the whole discussion on using condusive paste or not... but was very careful.. plus it's not straight onto the NB.. it's on the mounting block on top of the NB for silent-pipe...
    GA-X58A-UD7 rev1.0 - F9d // Intel i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz - //vcore:Normal(1.2430v)+DVID+0.07500v//qpi_vtt:1.380v//bclk:200*21(turbo)
    6GB Corsair Dominator 1866 @ 1600 ([email protected])

CPU-Z Results: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2212669

Comment

Ohh I thought you meant right on the chip, because that is what most users do including myself as the stock paste is very thick. You are all good then, just if you redo it under the heatpipe directly on the chip be sure you use non conductive paste

Comment

I just installed my new Gigabyte P55A-UD4P mainboard and everything went very smoothly. The computer booted into Windows 7 without a hitch and has been running perfectly for a day now. My problem is one of the utilities from the CD. I installed the smart 6 utility and tested it and it works very well. I also installed Easy Tune 6 and it doesn't work at all. When you click on it, you get the little waiting circle thing and after about 15 seconds it goes away and nothing happens. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same results. I downloaded the latest from the gigabyte website, same result. Any clues?

Comment

I was about to say please download the latest from here, as the CD is often old versions >>
          GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

Do you have the latest BIOS? If not please update your BIOS >>

Here is a guide to flash safely >>

Aside from that, also be sure you have all windows updates installed including any optional .Net updates. Then also be sure you have installed Intel Chipset drivers (second link) >>

Comment

I looking info to overclock my board with my new CPU. I'll appreciate any help.

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
            core 2 duo E6550 2.33 GHz
            2 x 2GB ddr2 800 Latency 4.4.4.12

I need help overclocking this combination. MIT when i load the opt values says:

Robust Graphics Booster Auto
            CPU Clock Ratio Min 6...Max 7 7X
            Cpu Frequency 2.33 GHz (333 x7)

other are auto with default values.

Thank in adv.

Toni
            Last edited by tonyblue; 12-08-2009, 03:08 PM. Reason: double paste text

Comment

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support! GA-EP45-UD3P

Think I posted in the wrong area and should have posted here first. If any Mods read this wil yu please delete my previos thread?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 ghz
              Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF memory
              BFG GeForce 8800GTS (BFG88512GTSE)
              A pair of Seagate 640 GB (ST640323AS)
              Corsair TX750W power supply
              Lite-On 52X ATAPI/E-IDE DH53R2P-08
              Samsung 22X DVD +/- R SATA SH-S223!
              Also a RAID 10 array of 4 360 gbyte Hitachi's (not my boot partition)

I built this system last November (2008). Its been rock solid running XP-Pro 32 bit, Win7 RC1 32bit and Win7 RC1 64 - its a tri-boot system.

A few weeks ago I started to get BSOD's across all three OS's. Chased windows issues around for a while but finally booted memtest v4 and it showed the memory failed in certain locations.

The memory was 4 gbyte of TWIN2X4096-8500C5D F.

Returned the RAM under RMA and received a new set.

Not sure but I think the revison was higher than what I RMA'd, its now 1.2.

Installed the memory taking all due static precautions and then nothing worked. Zero, zip, nada. No post, nothing on the screen, absolutely nothing.

I tried one stick at a time, no change. I removed all the memory and got a 10 beep post with the unit shutting down after that.

I've removed all connections from the power supply except the MB and GPU.

Still nothing.

I reset the MB's CMOS both by jumper and by removing and reinstalling the CMOS battery. I reseated the GPU card. I tried another monitor.

I then gave up, and went to Corsair for another RMA.

In the meantime I put a single stick of Kingston 800Mhz RAM in there and can't kill it. Memtest runs forever, and prime95 ran until I stopped it after about 8 hours.

I've now received and installed the second set of RMA'd Corsair memory and got exactly the same results - no video, no POST, no BIOS screen, nada.

The system was never overclocked, everything left in auto, and the BIOS screen reported everything correctly from the SPD data - the timing was 5-5-5-15 and the voltage was 2.1v. That's from the original set I had there. Since I can't ever get a display with the new sets I can only guess its working. It does report the correct numbers for the 800mhz stick.

Before I RMA the motherboard, anyone got any ideas? Or does it really sound like the mobo just doesn't like the Corsair anymore? I wish the Corsair versions hadn't changed, one more variable to the pot.

Bios is still at F4.

Does anyone at Gigabyte know if the new rev of Corsair memory is still comaptible with the old spec?

All help welcome. Thanks.

Comment

Might be a good idea to update BIOS.

With the Kingston memory load optimized defaults, save reboot, set System Memory multiplier manually to 2.40B and Performance Enhance standard, save, then try one of the Corsair modules.
                See if it can get you started.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyblue View Post
                  I looking info to overclock my board with my new CPU. I'll appreciate any help.

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
                  core 2 duo E6550 2.33 GHz
                  2 x 2GB ddr2 800 Latency 4.4.4.12

I need help overclocking this combination. MIT when i load the opt values says:

Robust Graphics Booster Auto
                  CPU Clock Ratio Min 6...Max 7 7X
                  Cpu Frequency 2.33 GHz (333 x7)

other are auto with default values.

Thank in adv.

Toni
                  Please make a new thread with your full specs and a link to your memory. Also please include your full current settings, template is in my signature to do so. Then tell us what you are trying to achieve and we will try to help

Originally posted by lfdal54 View Post
                  Think I posted in the wrong area and should have posted here first. If any Mods read this wil yu please delete my previos thread?
                  Na, this thead is intended as a "Welcome" thread really, and we prefer that you do create your own thread as it helps everyone helping to see your specs and what your issues are and things you have already tried much easier.

So please do continue your discussion in your other thread, I just posted a reply for you on it a few minutes ago

Comment

Can you read this thread

Comment

Yes, I will check it out for you shortly!

Comment

Hy!

I have a problem.
                        A year ago, the Extreme P45 motherboard back of the PCB remove the backplate.
                        Being glued carefully trying to remove.
                        Back of the PCB 2 chip broken.
                        This is G28 DES chip.
                        Distributor sent through W1P type of component.
                        A technician can identify the defective part, which is the type of G28.
                        This, unfortunately, we did not get the part.
                        Where can I take this part from?
                        The picture of the two middle parts .....
                        Thank you in advance for your help ..
                        Almost a year ago, looking for such a component failed.

Sorry for bad English.

My bad motherboard...

Comment

• HELP GA-EP45-ds5 RAID

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS5 Motherboard and whenever i enable raid on the motherboard, i get the fantastic blue screen!

I have tried all the different BIOS availiable for this motherboard and it doesnt change a thing..

Please HELP!!!!!

Comment

I am building a new rig using GA-X58A-UD7 and my question is regarding the North Bridge "Hybrid Silent-Pipe Module"..does this HAVE to be fitted or is it optional??..... does not seem to fit too well so I am wondering how necessary it is!
                            Thanks,
                            ronpeck

Comment

I have built a new system which runs fine BUT the Xpress Recovery2 (ver 1.01 2007) back-up process freezes at 38mb then says it failed to reboot. I have a 500gb SATA Drive and 40gb of unallocated space for the back-up. Help Please...

Comment

sorry to all that have questions but i don't have an answer....

if i need to post in a new thread how do i do so???

my system specs:

Case - cooler master RC-690Power Supply - Antec 500W modular
                                Motherboard - GA-EP45-UD3P
                                CPU - Q6600 @ 3.2GHz
                                Memory - Kingston HyperX @ 800MHz 4-4-4-12 - KHX6400D2LLK2/4G (4GB dual channel)
                                GPU - GTX 260 @ 756/1566/2332 with Voltage Tuner @1175
                                HDD - 640GB Western Digital Caviar Black - WD6401AALS
                                2 SATA Optical Drives....

my system has been running completely stable since i overclocked it. i haven't done any stress testing on the cpu and ram but my games and temps have been rock solid, no blue screens or crashes of any kind until last night while playing Fallout3 the dreaded blue screen appeared for the first time since i built the sytem. i have noticed my cpu temps spiked as high as the mid 50s while gaming but never any higher. whenever i power my computer for the first time the fan is completely dead until i have to literally give it a push with my finger. speed fan records my CPU RPM @ 600-700RPM with my Zalman 9500 cooler. i guess my fan is deciding to take a dump. what do you guys think?? i get the blue screen because my CPU overheats and automatically shuts down but my temps are never over the mid 50s??? i'm guessing my fan probably stops temporarily and then back up again while gaiming.... planning on buying a replacement fan ASAP... and of course any help would be greatly appreciated.

i will post my current BIOS settings later because i'm at work right now. Also, i haven't updated to the most current BIOS. which BIOS version do you guys suggest with my hardware/setup???

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X