Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA EX58-UD3R motherboard or BIOS problem.

Thanks for the tip.

I have no problem finding RAM tests for the first 4 GB of RAM, but I have not been able to find a x64 RAM test.
    I have 8GB of RAM.
    Do you have any suggestions for x64 RAM testers?

Thanks.
    QCC

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte GA EX58-UD3R motherboard or BIOS problem.

If it were me I would remove the dimm in the blue colored slot, and set the 6GB to triple channel memory in your bios. You may want to get your memory manufaturer's advise on which program for testing you should use. Sometimes a simple phone call is your best option.

Free Technical Support

If you experience difficulty during the installation or subsequent use of a Kingston product, you may contact Kingston's Technical Support department prior to servicing your system.

For support over the Internet, visit Kingston.com/support.

Kingston also provides free English-language technical support to its customers worldwide.

Kingston Technical Support in the United States and Canada can be contacted directly by calling: +1 (714) 435-2639 or toll-free at: +1 (800) 435-0640.

Kingston Technology Technical Support can be contacted by calling +44 (0) 1932 738888 or for national rate telephone numbers visit Kingston Technology Company - Technology Company Info - Contact Us. For ValueRAM memory Technical Support in Europe, please call +44 (0)1932 755 210.

Kingston Technical Support in Asia can be contacted directly by calling:

Calling from Australia: 1800-620-569, Toll-Free
      Calling from New Zealand: 0800-546-478, Toll-Free
      Calling from China: 800-810-1972, Toll-Free
      Calling from Hong Kong: 800-900478, Toll-Free
      Calling from India: 1860-425-4515, Toll-Call (Monday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
      Calling from Japan: 00531-88-0018, Toll-Free
      Calling from Malaysia: 1800-812078, Toll-Free
      Calling from Singapore: 800-8861042, Toll-Free
      Calling from Taiwan: 0800-666-200, Toll-Free
      Calling from Thailand: 001800-861-0018, Toll-Free
      Calling from other Asian countries: +886-3-500-1715, toll call
      Warranty Claim Procedures and Requirements

To obtain warranty service, you may return a defective product to the authorized Kingston dealer or distributor from which you purchased the Kingston product. Please confirm the terms of your dealer's or distributor's return policies prior to returning the product. Typically, you must include product identification information, including model number and serial number (if applicable) with a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing. You must also include proof of the date of original retail purchase as evidence that the product is within the applicable warranty period.

In the United States, you may return the product directly to the Kingston factory after first obtaining a Return Material Authorization ("RMA") number from Kingston. An RMA number is obtained by visiting Kingston.com/support or by calling Kingston Customer Service at +1 (714) 438-1810, or +1 (800) 337-3719. For ValueRAM memory product returns, please contact Technical Support at +1 (800) 435-0640 for RMA service and support.

Once you have obtained an RMA number from Kingston, you must, within thirty (30) days, send the product freight-prepaid and insured to Kingston Technology Company, Customer Service, 17550 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708, USA. Products shipped to the factory must be properly packaged to prevent damage in transit. You must include the Kingston RMA number prominently displayed on the outside of your package. If you send your product to the factory without the RMA number prominently displayed on the outside of the package, it will be returned to you unopened
      Last edited by artdrivers; 05-14-2009, 09:48 PM.
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
      http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
      Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
      Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
      Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
      4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
      (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
      (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
      (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
      Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
      Mid size ATX case with show through panel
      2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
      Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
      Logitech G500 USB mouse
      Monitor: CMV937A
      7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
      Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

• Gigabyte GA EX58-UD3R memory

Thank you again for the information.
        I did not personally build the system, but relied on a local computer store.
        They put in 8GB of Kingston Value RAM (1066MHz)
        The Kingston web site states the memory is compatible with the Gigabyte GA EX-58 UD3R.
        I managed to find MemTest86 which can test the full 8GB.
        The test ran for 1 minute and 22 secs and the system halted. Memtest did not even get a chance to report an error.
        I looked at the settings and they were as follows:
        Memory 636MHz (1232MHz)
        BClk 159MHz
        QPI 5.7GT/s
        This is the Full Throttle setting using Easy Tuner.
        From what I have read, this is "medium" overclocking.
        I booted to the BIOS and changed the setting to Turbo and re-started the test.
        Now MemTest86 shows:
        Memory 616MHz (1232MHz)
        BClk 154MHz
        QPI 5.5GT/s
        CAS 7-7-7-20
        Memtest86 ran one complete pass for 55 minutes without a problem. I will let it run overnight.

So I must conclude the local computer store put in inexpensive memory that can only tolerate medium overclocking.

While I have your attention (I hope), what is the proper memory capacities for DDR3 triple channel memory?
        I checked the Crucial, Kingston and Corsair sites and they seem to package the memory in multiples of three. Would my memory be more stable if I only populated slots DDR3_1 2, 4 and used 6GB?

Thanks

Comment

• Gigabyte GA EX-58 UD3r, Easy Tuner 6, Kingston DDR3 Valuw memory

An update and resolution to the random system halt.

It would appear as though the Kingston Value Memory (1066Mhz) DDR3 Triple channel memory is stable up to the Turbo setting in Easy Tuner 6.
          I ran MemTest86 at the Full Throttle setting. In less than one minute, the system either halted or the screen filled with Red error messages.
          At the Turbo setting, Memtest86 completed the full test. Nine passes.

What did I learn from this experience? If I want a computer to be overclocked, buy it from a firm that knows about overclocking. Not your local discount computer shop. Get good hard advice. Treat overclocking forums with a ton of salt.
          Be prepared to spend more than originally planned. Overclocking requires quality components.

What confused me was the information about Easy Tuner. It states it will "dynamically" overclock as needed.
          In all cases of the system halting, it was at idle with no application running. No error message. No entry in the system logs.

Thanks to "artdrivers" for the help.

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte GA EX58-UD3R memory

The memory you have may be single, dual, or triple channel memory.
            Trust Kingston for all of your servers, desktops and laptops memory needs. Kingston DRAM is designed to maximize the performance of a specific computer system. Find memory for your device here.

If you can give us the memory part number, this will help us determine what you want to set it on. I believe Kingston Value Ram is good memory, but you can get a bad module of any brand of memory. Kingston does warranty it for a life time. This is a good warranty. No reciept is neccesary. They have a good technical support team and RMA department. If it is triple channel memory, you may want to put in 3 modules in 1,3, and 5. 5 will be the 4th slot. You will notice that the board has 3 white slots and 1 blue slot. Just remove the memory in the blue slot. Reset your bios to triple channel. Then run memtest86+. You will want to get the + (plus) memtest86+, the newest version of memtest. I looked up the memory support list for Gigabyte GA EX58-UD3R and it shows Kingston 1066Mhz is supported, but only 3 pieces of triple channel memory is supported. GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-EX58-UD3R (rev. 1.0) I believe this is the problem you are having.
            Last edited by artdrivers; 05-15-2009, 08:28 AM.
            Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
            Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

• Gigabyte GA EX58-UD3R and DDR3 memory

There are four memory modules in my computer. They are Kingston Value Memory KVR1066D3N7 2GB.
              CPUID reports them as triple channel.
              The Gigabyte motherboard manual indicates it supports four triple channel modules.

Memtest86+ 2.11 passes the modules with these settings:
              Memory 616MHz (1232MHz), BClk 154MHz, QPI 5.5GT/s, CAS 7-7-7-20.
              The above apparently are the Easy Tuner 6 Turbo settings.

When Easy Tuner is set to "Full throttle" mode, Memtest86+ almost immediately reports errors and halts.
              These are the settings reported by MemTest86+ for the Full Throttle mode.
              Memory 636MHz (1272MHz), BClk 159MHz, QPI 5.7GT/s, CAS 7-7-7-20.

So my conclusion would be the memory cannot go that fast or there is a flaky memory module at the slightly elevated speed.

I will attempt to get the computer store to replace the memory modules and run Memtest86+ again. Returning them with a RMA is not an option. That would result in no computer for two to three weeks.

Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Have you tried removing the module from the blue slot?

I found this info to the Gigabyte's memory support list for your motherboard above and below.
                GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-EX58-UD3R (rev. 1.0)
                It shows Kingston KVR1066D3N7/2G in the memory support list but triple channel of the Kingston KVR1066D3N7/2G shows 3 pcs. Not 4 pcs. Only a few brands on Gigabytes list will support triple channel with 4 pcs. Please check the pdf files for memory support list page 3. I believe this is the issue you are having.
                Last edited by artdrivers; 05-16-2009, 06:21 AM.
                Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

• to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

OK. After removing one stick of the Kingston 2GB Value Ram 1066, triple channel DDR3, my conclusions have not changed.

I removed the stick from the Blue slot and performed a MemTest86+ (v2.1.1) with the CIA2 set to Full Throttle.
                  MemTest86+ reports these settings:
                  Memory 636MHz (1272MHz), BClk 159MHz, QPI 5.7GT/s, CAS 7-7-7-20.
                  No voltages were changed from stock as far as I know. I do not know if the Easy Tuner 6 CIA2 option changes any voltages.

MemTest86+ ran for 22 seconds and halted.
                  I rotated the memory through the three white slots. Still 6GB.
                  Ran Memtest again. Halted after 1 minute.
                  I rotated the memory through the three white slots, again. Still 6GB.
                  Ran Memtest again. Halted after 30 seconds.
                  Conclusion:
                  The Kingston memory, KVR1066D3N7/2G, is not stable at the Easy Tuner 6 CIA2 settings of "Full throttle"
                  I have left the memory at 6GB and selected the "Turbo" setting.

A new page in the story has now been written by the Gigabyte GA EX-58 UD3R motherboard.
                  Occasionally, the computer does not boot, but halts with a boot failure message due to overclocking or voltage settings. The default i7-920 settings are displayed.
                  Press any key to continue.
                  The system then starts up "normally".

This boot message only occurs form a cold start, not a re-start.

I have updated the BIOS to F6. The official version, not the Beta.
                  This may be a new feature of the BIOS.
                  Last edited by TheQCC; 05-16-2009, 12:01 PM. Reason: Qualified a statement.

Comment

• http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                    Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Originally posted by artdrivers View Post
                      (CAS 7-7-7-20 to 7-7-7-21, 7-7-7-24, 8-8-8-24, or 7-8-8-23)
                      Last edited by TheQCC; 05-16-2009, 02:57 PM. Reason: Reporting back

Comment

Hi, I've been having some problems with a ga-ep45-ud3p board and was hoping to get a second opinion and viewpoint. My system is: Gigabyte ga-ep455-ud3p, Intel core 2 duo E7300, ATI radeon 3850 256mb, 700w OCZ power supply and 8gb(4x2gb) ocz reaper ddr2 8500 @ 5-5-5-18 2.2v. My problem is that the system does not like having more than one stick of ram at a time; it'll post i can access the bios and occasionally get into my operating system however it is continually unstable and crashes. Easy tune is set to default, I have the latest bios (f9) installed and the system is staying cool. When I try to run memtest-86 v 3.5 with 4 sticks of ram the system crashes within seconds with one stick it seems to chug through it. I thought the ram might be bad so I also tried some Crucial Ballistix tracers (ddr2 6400 4-4-4-12 @2.2ghz [4x 1gb]), however they responded the same way in memtest i double checked the ram and it worked beautifully for 6hours on another machine in memtest. this leads me to believe there might be a problem with the motherboard and i was hoping for some input on the situation.
                        Sincere Thanks.

Comment

Grudairian you may want to go to bios and be sure the memory voltage and timings are 5-5-5-18 2.2v and not on auto.
                          If you do not find the settings you want in the Main Menu or a submenu, press Ctrl + F1
                          to access more advanced options when initially going to bios (On the main menu). Then go to MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.) I wish I had your memory part numbers Gigabytes supported memory list only shows OCZ2N1066SR2GK. This only means that this is one of the many modules they tested and support. If your dram voltage is set on auto you will need to change this, and make it equal 2.2v and also change your timings to 5-5-5-18. If it is set in bios correct then contact Gigabyte’s technical support at :
                          �� GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
                          Address: No.6, Bau Chiang Road, Hsin-Tien,
                          Taipei 231, Taiwan
                          TEL: +886-2-8912-4888
                          FAX: +886-2-8912-4003
                          Tech. and Non-Tech. Support (Sales/Marketing) :
                          Technology content trusted by users all around the world :: TweakTown
                          WEB address (English): GIGABYTE - Upgrade Your Life
                          WEB address (Chinese):
                          �� G.B.T. INC. - U.S.A.
                          TEL: +1-626-854-9338
                          FAX: +1-626-854-9339
                          Tech. Support:
                          rma_index
                          Web address: GIGABYTE - Upgrade Your Life
                          �� G.B.T. INC (USA) - Mexico
                          Tel: +1-626-854-9338 x 215 (Soporte de habla hispano)
                          FAX: +1-626-854-9339
                          Correo: [email protected]
                          Tech. Support:
                          rma_index
                          Web address: GIGABYTE - Upgrade Your Life
                          �� GIGA-BYTE SINGAPORE PTE. LTD. - Singapore
                          WEB address : GIGABYTE - Upgrade Your Life
                          �� Thailand
                          �� Vietnam
                          �� NINGBO G.B.T. TECH. TRADING CO., LTD. - China
                          WEB address :
                          Shanghai
                          TEL: +86-21-63410999
                          FAX: +86-21-63410100
                          Beijing
                          TEL: +86-10-62102838
                          FAX: +86-10-62102848
                          Wuhan
                          TEL: +86-27-87851312
                          FAX: +86-27-87851330
                          GuangZhou
                          TEL: +86-20-87540700
                          FAX: +86-20-87544306
                          Chengdu
                          TEL: +86-28-85236930
                          FAX: +86-28-85256822
                          Xian
                          TEL: +86-29-85531943
                          FAX: +86-29-85510930
                          Shenyang
                          TEL: +86-24-83992901
                          FAX: +86-24-83992909
                          �� GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY (INDIA) LIMITED - India
                          �� Saudi Arabia
                          WEB address :
                          �� GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY PTY. LTD. - Australia
                          Last edited by artdrivers; 05-16-2009, 05:32 PM.
                          Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                          Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

I would suggest you setup your memory manually in the BIOS, using Easytune to SAVE Settings, or even to apply settings or overclock, may not ever get things correct same as Auto BIOS values

Comment

Hello guys, I need your help :)
                              I have this motherboard GA-MA790X-DS4 for more than 1 year now, and suddenly (my last 3 reinstalls) when I install windows (when he check and install devices) my internal speaker starts to beep. First beeps for 2-3 seconds with some pause, then the beep is longer till he don't stop (only after 10 min or so) then the setup continue and the install is completed. Can someone give me some advice how to fix this? I'm sure it's not ok.
                              My setup: (I've added AIDA32 report aswell)
                              -Motherboard: GA-MA790X-DS4
                              -Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core
                              -Video card: ATI Radeon HD 3850
                              -Storage: WDC WD2500JS

Thanks in advance.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I am sure others who are more familiar with your motherboard will have more specific advice.
                                When Windows is installed, it tests the hardware. This testing may cause the hardware to react and sound an alarm. The alarm is an indication a device driver is required and was not installed.
                                After the Windows XP Pro installation, have you installed the motherboard drivers from the Gigabyte CD, ATI display drivers?
                                If no, then do so now.
                                If yes, then open the Windows Device manager. (Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device manager) and check for an "other devices" listing and any device with an exclamation mark beside it.
                                Install the drivers needed for the indicated device.

Comment

Working...
                                X