Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hi there
    have a problem with Easytune 6 (the latest) will not install
    keep giving me error:
    DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr
    ever seen that before? and what is the fix?
    keep trying to install it and fails right away
    Thx

(I do overclock by the Bios only, but to play around with a higher overclock and/or check bios settings I would like to use Easytune)

anyone know the fix for this?
    oh this is with Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1, and Bios F6b (for mu X58-UD3R)
    RIG#1
    980x @ 4.5Ghz 24/7 under water, dual rads
    Vcore 1.4, VTT 1.35, ram 1.5
    Gigabyte X58 UD9 mobo
    590 GTX under water *700Mhz, 4000Mhz)
    12GB of DDR3
    1x Intel Sata3 SSD
    4x ocz SSD's Raid 0
    Strider 1500Watt PSU
    all in a monster MOZART TX CASE (with 16 fans)
    Winows 7 64 bit

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x.../980x and UD9/

RIG#2
    Qi7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
    vcore 1.45, fsb 1.4
    XFX 5970
    6GB if DDR3
    5x 2TB HD's
    850watt Antec PSU
    all in a Antec 900 CASE (with 6 fans)
    Antec HTPC Remote
    Windows 7 64bit

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x...0 i7 920 HTPC/

Comment

New build. CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply, Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2 motherboard, AMD Phenom 2 X3 CPU, Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 Desktop Memory Model KHX8500D2K2/4G, SATA Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
      This is the second mobo, cpu and memory with the same problem as the first. Will not post. No beeps. Fans all start up and I hear some clicking noise but I get nothing on the monitor. I've tried just about every suggestion I've come across with no luck. Took it in to Fry's where I purchased all but the power supply and they had me get everything replaced--put it together with the same exact results. Any help appreciated.

Comment

I need a little help with my current OC.

Please check this thread...

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shane_p View Post
          Hi there
          have a problem with Easytune 6 (the latest) will not install
          keep giving me error:
          DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr
          ever seen that before? and what is the fix?
          keep trying to install it and fails right away
          Thx

(I do overclock by the Bios only, but to play around with a higher overclock and/or check bios settings I would like to use Easytune)

anyone know the fix for this?
          oh this is with Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1, and Bios F6b (for mu X58-UD3R)
          Are you using the latest Easytune? Do you have all chipset drivers and windows updates (Including optional .NET ones) installed?

Originally posted by Lildeer22 View Post
          New build. CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply, Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2 motherboard, AMD Phenom 2 X3 CPU, Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 Desktop Memory Model KHX8500D2K2/4G, SATA Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
          This is the second mobo, cpu and memory with the same problem as the first. Will not post. No beeps. Fans all start up and I hear some clicking noise but I get nothing on the monitor. I've tried just about every suggestion I've come across with no luck. Took it in to Fry's where I purchased all but the power supply and they had me get everything replaced--put it together with the same exact results. Any help appreciated.
          Did you or Fry's check the CPU Socket for bent pins? Can you look now, with a magnifying glass if you can

Originally posted by al21 View Post
          Hi Ms. Yeh,
          I just purchased a GA-MA770-UD3. Even though I enabled the S.M.A.R.T. option in the bios, I still got no S.M.A.R.T. info shown in any of the monitoring software like Everst, Hdtune, Speedfan (all in latest version).

The Bios is the latest F5. Even worst is, for a SATA hd, it should be shown as a removable hd in XP (XP Pro SP3) and now it is not.

The hd is Seagate 7200.7 120GB. It shows all the above info in my last MSI mb. It is set in AHCI mode. Other than the problems above, everything works fine; please help!

Thx in advance!
          AHCI is your issue with SMART. The Remove Tray ICON will not be shown in Gigabyte setups, if you would like this you will need to use HotSwap, and it may not work for you either depending on settings and your OS >>

Originally posted by redhead33445 View Post
          I just installed a GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.1 mobo and Intel E8400 CPU.

The BIOS (I don't know the version and not able to check it right now) reports the CPU running at 2.83 GHz (8.5x), when it should be 3.00 GHz. Some of the benchmark progs correctly report it as 3.00 GHz, but not sure if that's what it's actually running or what it's rated. One prog showed the CPU running at 5% underclock.

I wonder why the BIOS would show the CPU incorrectly. It recognized the 4 GB RAM ok.

I've never flashed a BIOS and not sure if it's necessary. I also haven't touched any of the clock settings.

Should I be concerned? Do I need to flash the BIOS? Or just set the clock to 9.0x? And which setting would that be, exactly?

Thanks.
          Your CPU was picked up improperly because you have not yet loaded optimized defaults, this must be done anytime you flash the BIOS, build a new PC< or change out major hardware.

So please load optimized defaults and save and apply, please see here for tips on this process (VERY IMPORTANT if you are running a RAID Array) >>

It could also be due to you using a older BIOS that may or may not support your CPU, if your CPU Still shows up improperly after doing this, then you will need to update it for sure.

Originally posted by hourback View Post
          Attached the sound in OGG format. Thanks for following up! Hopefully I won't need to buy a new board.
          Those beeps generally mean CPU Failure, can you test with another CPU?
          Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

AHCI is your issue with SMART. The Remove Tray ICON will not be shown in Gigabyte setups, if you would like this you will need to use HotSwap, and it may not work for you either depending on settings and your OS >>
            Hi Lsdmeasap,
            Thx for the info! However, are you saying SMART does not work with AHCI? Is it supposed to be like this?
            I was using AHCI(cuz I can use NCQ) when I was with my old MSI mb, the SMART info was all there. How was that possible? Thx!!

Comment

Yes, it is supposed to be like that. Smart can only work with a NON AHCI/RAID Setup

NCQ Will be enabled if you are using vista and your drive supports it, no need for AHCI for that

You do have smart enabled in the BIOS correct?

Since you are using AMD though, you may be able to use the tools mentioned here for your chipset, I only speak of Intel based boards so it seems your chipset may be able to report some smart info. Check last 3-4 posts >>
              AMD Processors Forums - AMD software roadmap

Also more info here (linked in the above thread) >>

You may also try this tool, mentioned in the above links >>
              SourceForge.net: S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring Tools: Downloading ...

Comment

Does anyone have some good info on IOH core, ICH core, CPU PLL, QPI PLL settings?
                I'm trying to get +4ghz stable and am wondering if these settings may help me.

CPU - i7 920
                Motherboard - ex58-ud3r

Check this thread for more, and please help me out if you can...

Thank you.

Comment

Yes, it is supposed to be like that. Smart can only work with a NON AHCI/RAID Setup

NCQ Will be enabled if you are using vista and your drive supports it, no need for AHCI for that

You do have smart enabled in the BIOS correct?

Since you are using AMD though, you may be able to use the tools mentioned here for your chipset, I only speak of Intel based boards so it seems your chipset may be able to report some smart info. Check last 3-4 posts >>

Also more info here (linked in the above thread) >>

You may also try this tool, mentioned in the above links >>
                  SourceForge.net: S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring Tools: Downloading ...
                  Thx for the info and quick response!
                  However, I do not quite concur on the 'smart for non-AHCI' thing cuz I was using XP with my old MSI board, so NCQ has to be enabled by AHCI; and the smart info were all shown.
                  The utility above mentioned even told me that this drive does not support SMART(it is the very same drive that I used with the MSI mb)! So my guess is there is something wrong with AMD's AHCI driver!
                  Anyway, thx for your help!

Comment

All boards treat AHCI and hot swap different. And of course so do all chipsets/drivers, so it very well may be your drivers. Have you asked Gigabyte Tech about this, or AMD?

Comment

I really require your help. How can i tell for certain that my MOBO is fried? I came home from work today went to turn the computer on and it wont turn on. I removed all the power cords from the MOBO and did a test of the PSU and it works fine. I also plugged it back in and tried to bypass the power switch by bridging the connectors and i even tried putting in a new battery for the MOBO but nothing works. It worked fine this morning and no-one is here that could have touched it. It doesnt smell, it doesnt have any physical damage, there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with it. Its a Gigabyte X38-DS4 if that helps. I sent a tech support question to Gigabyte but not sure how long it will take to get a responce i need to make action on this as soon as i possibly can so if i need to get it replaced i can make an order.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Can you test your ram in another setup? I would test that next.

If your ram tests ok, or if you cannot test it, try clearing the CMOS with one stick in slot one only. Here is my suggested method to clear the CMOS in Post #2 >>

Comment

• Easy tuner 6- readings and use.

Hello. I would like to be a casual over clocker. I do 3D rendering and not gaming.
                          My system is a GA EX58-UD3R MB, Intel i7-920. 8 GB Kingston standard DDR3 memory and a Scythe Kama Angle cooler.
                          My questions are about Easy Tuner 6Question: Where is ET6 getting its informatioon? Why is it so different than Core Temp? Who should I believe?
                          Question: What are the timings, etc. for the ET6 CIA2 levels?

I am not overly confident about messing with the BIOS.

Question: Will the Tuner Quick Boost settings make for a safe over clocking experience? Will I notice a difference in rendering speed?

Thanks.

Comment

All boards treat AHCI and hot swap different. And of course so do all chipsets/drivers, so it very well may be your drivers. Have you asked Gigabyte Tech about this, or AMD?
                            You are the first Gigabyte tech guy that I ran into(I usually do an internet search for help first). Geez there is no official gigabyte tech support forum!
                            Certaily I will check out with the support of the dealer as well as AMD. Thx for the opinion!

Comment

• Gigabyte GA EX58-UD3R motherboard or BIOS problem.

I am having a devil of time tracking down a system halt problem with my Gigabyte MB and system.
                              The computer will just halt. No message. No blue screen. No error reported in the System Events. Just a video displaying the last frame by the graphics card.
                              The system is: Gigabyte EX-58 UD3r, BIOS level F6B, Intel i7-920, 8GB Kingston DDR3 RAM, 1TB disk space, Radeon HD4830 graphics. Windows XP Pro x64. Scythe Kama Angle cooler.
                              I know, the F6B is a beta BIOS, but the problem was there in F4, F5.
                              There is no fixed overclocking going on. Just the Easy Tuner "Full throttle" selection.
                              The halt occurs at idle. No programmes running. No screen saver.
                              ET6 is running in the tray. No sleep or hibernation mode is set.
                              What is perplexing, Windows does not even know there was a system halt. On restart, Windows starts up as though nothing happened.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is causing the halt?

My next step is bite the bullet and buy a Dell.

Comment

• Re: Gigabyte GA EX58-UD3R motherboard or BIOS problem.

Originally posted by TheQCC View Post
                                I am having a devil of time tracking down a system halt problem with my Gigabyte MB and system.
                                The computer will just halt. No message. No blue screen. No error reported in the System Events. Just a video displaying the last frame by the graphics card.
                                The system is: Gigabyte EX-58 UD3r, BIOS level F6B, Intel i7-920, 8GB Kingston DDR3 RAM, 1TB disk space, Radeon HD4830 graphics. Windows XP Pro x64. Scythe Kama Angle cooler.
                                I know, the F6B is a beta BIOS, but the problem was there in F4, F5.
                                There is no fixed overclocking going on. Just the Easy Tuner "Full throttle" selection.
                                The halt occurs at idle. No programmes running. No screen saver.
                                ET6 is running in the tray. No sleep or hibernation mode is set.
                                What is perplexing, Windows does not even know there was a system halt. On restart, Windows starts up as though nothing happened.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is causing the halt?

My next step is bite the bullet and buy a Dell.
                                The last time I was getting halts or freezes it was the memory I found it out when I was advised to run a memtest program
                                http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                                http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                                Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                                Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                                Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                                4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                                (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                                (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                                (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                                Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                                Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                                2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                                Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                                Logitech G500 USB mouse
                                Monitor: CMV937A
                                7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                                Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Working...
                                X