Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I am at my witts end with tihs problem

GA-MA790X-UD4P will not POST - TweakTown Forums
    Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by larhome View Post
      Hi Janus,

I purchased a GA-EP45-UD3R along with Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK ddr2-1066 PC2-8500 2048x2 CL5-5-5-15 2.0-2.1V memory. This memory boots up at the 1066 speed just fine except that after 3 hours of memtest it runs very hot.
      I was wondering if you could help me with the bios settings that I need to change to get this memory to boot at ddr2-800 at 1.8 volts ?

Thanks

Larry
      Well, 3 hours of memtest is going to be hot, is it erroring out or not? What voltage do you have set?

Yes, I can give you 800Mhz settings, please make a new thread and post your full specs and this info again and I can help. I cannot provide settings here as it is too hard to keep track of users info and this thread is meant as a welcome thread not to post for help in.

I can help, please make a new thread and be sure to let me know what FSB you are running as well

Originally posted by AlexiR View Post
      I am at my witts end with tihs problem

GA-MA790X-UD4P will not POST - TweakTown Forums
      Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
      I have limited AMD Knowledge but I will check out your post now and see if I can offer any advice

Comment

Hi there..
        I just recently join in this forum. i think its very good and informative..
        Do you mind helping me to solve my problem ?
        I'm really stress out about my BIOS in GA-G31-S2L after overclocking..

My thread :

really looking forward for your support and advice..

Thanks before...

Comment

I just posted you a reply there, sorry for the late reply!

Comment

Hi all! just stoppin by here to say hi. recently picked up a Xeon x3360 (coming from e3110 C0), regretfully i recieved a C1 stepping. after much hair yanking the first few days, this is where im at as of now, 45 min OCCT large set and 3d mark vantage stable, certainly dont mean to say its 100% stable, but on its way.

Prolly be post'n up a thread o my own, and chiming in where i can, when i can.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm having a bit of an issue with my new EX58-UD3R...
              Check this thread...

Thanks.

Comment

I have replied to your post there, and see you replied back.

Sorry If I had missed your post here earlier, I will go reply for you in your main thread.

Comment

First..Thanks for all the support you guys provide. I get lot of help from this place.

I have a question about Memory mulitiplier. I have GA-E45-UD3P mobo + E8400+ Gskill 4gb(2X2GB) 1066.

I have overclocked E8400 to 3.6 with FSB=400. I am confused about memory multiplier. If I use 2.66 D, it gets me close to my memory rating of 1006. If I use 2.40B, it gets me 960 which is less than my rated memory. Some people are telling me that I will get a better performance with 2.40B eventhough it will run less than rated speed. Other people have different opinion.

Please help!!

Comment

Dear Mr Tweak,

I have just updated my MB (GA-MA790FXT-UD5P) bios to F5C. During POST, my two Seagate sata2 disks are still reported with the wrong firmware code:0953.

I contacted Seagete about this issue. they told me my firmware is updated and should work with your motherboard without problems. But your motherbord still fails to detect one of my disks and says : NONE and reports wrong firmware version for my both disks. I set bios SATA2 disks settings all to IDE mode.

The crucial point is I have no problem when I connect both of my disks to the blue colour sata2 connectors. They are detected fine with the correct firmware version. But when I connect my disks to the white/beige colour sata2 controller connectors, the problems start to arise no mattter which one I try... I strongly believe there is something wrong with the Gigabyte-controlled sata2 chips...

I think your Gigabyte SATA2 controller chips have some sort of fault...

I had the same problems with my previous board ( GA-MA790XT-UD4P)

Thanks for your assistance and care
                    <!-- / message -->

Comment

Originally posted by badshah123 View Post
                      First..Thanks for all the support you guys provide. I get lot of help from this place.

I have a question about Memory mulitiplier. I have GA-E45-UD3P mobo + E8400+ Gskill 4gb(2X2GB) 1066.

I have overclocked E8400 to 3.6 with FSB=400. I am confused about memory multiplier. If I use 2.66 D, it gets me close to my memory rating of 1006. If I use 2.40B, it gets me 960 which is less than my rated memory. Some people are telling me that I will get a better performance with 2.40B eventhough it will run less than rated speed. Other people have different opinion.

Please help!!
                      2.40B may be better, but maybe not at the speed differences you mention. The only way for you to know would be to save both as BIOS profiles and then benchmark both profiles with a few programs and see which is better.

Now, if you were asking about 2.00B Vs 2.00D with the same exact voltages and timings, then yes 2.00B would be better

Originally posted by elma View Post
                      Dear Mr Tweak,

I have just updated my MB (GA-MA790FXT-UD5P) bios to F5C. During POST, my two Seagate sata2 disks are still reported with the wrong firmware code:0953.

I contacted Seagete about this issue. they told me my firmware is updated and should work with your motherboard without problems. But your motherbord still fails to detect one of my disks and says : NONE and reports wrong firmware version for my both disks. I set bios SATA2 disks settings all to IDE mode.

The crucial point is I have no problem when I connect both of my disks to the blue colour sata2 connectors. They are detected fine with the correct firmware version. But when I connect my disks to the white/beige colour sata2 controller connectors, the problems start to arise no mattter which one I try... I strongly believe there is something wrong with the Gigabyte-controlled sata2 chips...

I think your Gigabyte SATA2 controller chips have some sort of fault...

I had the same problems with my previous board ( GA-MA790XT-UD4P)

Thanks for your assistance and care
                      <!-- / message -->
                      Is there a reason you just do not use the other controllers the disks work on? The Gigabyte controller would be slower anyway, at least it is for Intel based boards.

I have limited AMD Knowledge but I would assume it is slower then your other controller as well correct?

When you updated to the latest BIOS you did load and apply optimized defaults then save and reboot correct? If not, you need to do that to properly flash your BIOS

Sorry I cannot offer any better advice, just my thoughts for you is all.

You are setting this correct, with your Hard Drives connected to ports labeled SATAII_0 and SATAII_1 right? >>>

Integrated Peripherals

Onboard GSATA-II Ctrl ................................... Enabled
                      Onboard GSATA-II Ctrl Mode .............................. IDE

For the Blue, which you already say is ok (Just posting for others)

OnChip SATA Controller................................... Enabled
                      OnChip SATA Type ........................................ IDE
                      OnChip SATA Port4/5 Mode ................................ As SATA Type

It very well may be a issue with the Gigabyte/J.Micron controller and your driver model, have you tried J.Micron Drivers directly? If not, try these latest ones >>>
                      ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/Win2k_xp_Vista/

As for firmware, since you mentioned flashing the firmware have you verified afterwords on the other controller that the disks still function? Just checking to be sure

What I can say after looking at your boards spec's, those ports look to be the same as what you find on the P45-Dq6 and Extreme. They can only be used for Smart Backup as RAID for a backup only and cannot be used as single drive sources.

Now in the P45 boards I mentioned, those ports only became "RAID ONLY" after a certain BIOS Update, but older BIOS's you could use them anyway you wanted. Since you board was made after that, looks as if none of your BIOS's were made in this fashion.

Here is a few of those threads I mention where users found the limitations of these ports >>

This is noted in your boards specs, and outlined in your manual >>

(Note 2) A JM322 chip supports two SATA 3Gb/s connectors, so the four SATA 3Gb/s connectors are divided into two pairs
                      GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-MA790FXT-UD5P (rev. 1.0)

ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/manual/mo...fxt-ud5p_e.pdf

Comment

Dear Lsdmeasap,

Thank you very much for your care and useful recommendations.

I have tried every possible way to be able to use Gigabyte controlled sata2 controllers properly but no use... They almost always failed to detect one of my HDDs or reported a wrong harddisk firmware (0953) version for both of my disks. Why can't I use these white ports for my internal harddisks anyway??? Why do I have to use the blue ports???

Besides, when in windows XP or Vista, giabyte controlled sata2 ports crashes randomly. My screen gets frozen, and my harddisks are lost...

I've been still writing to Gigabyte technical assistance and today they wanted me to send them my Seagate disks' numbers and details...

Comment

• How can I update jmb36x ROM from v1.06.79 to v1.07.00 ?

How can I update (jmicron sata2 controller) jmb36x ROM from v1.06.59 to v1.07.00 ?

It looks like a Bios update but it is slightly different from it.

So dear Gigabyte Admin Mr Tweak, how can I safely update the above JMB36X ROM chip on my motherboard GA-MA790FXT-UD5P?

Thanks
                          Last edited by elma; 04-17-2009, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Dear Lsdmeasap,

Thank you very much for your care and useful recommendations.

I have tried every possible way to be able to use Gigabyte controlled sata2 controllers properly but no use... They almost always failed to detect one of my HDDs or reported a wrong harddisk firmware (0953) version for both of my disks. Why can't I use these white ports for my internal harddisks anyway??? Why do I have to use the blue ports???

Besides, when in windows XP or Vista, giabyte controlled sata2 ports crashes randomly. My screen gets frozen, and my harddisks are lost...

I've been still writing to Gigabyte technical assistance and today they wanted me to send them my Seagate disks' numbers and details...
                            The White ports are for RAID Backup. So you want to use the Blue ones for your OS or other storage drives

Just use them and your troubles will be resolved

How can I update (jmicron sata2 controller) jmb36x ROM from v1.06.59 to v1.07.00 ?

It looks like a Bios update but it is slightly different from it.

So dear Gigabyte Admin Mr Tweak, how can I safely update the above JMB36X ROM chip on my motherboard GA-MA790FXT-UD5P?

Thanks
                            I have posted the info here for anyone who needs this in the future >>

Comment

• DOES CORSAIR DDR3 4x2=8GB WORK AS 1333 MHZ

Dear GIGABYTE TECHNICAL EXPERTS,

I wonder this: At the moment I have Corsair DDR3 2x2 =4GB 1333MHZ Platinum Kit in my System. If I add two more modules of the same kit (2x2=4GB) does the current speed decrease or stay the same?

Corsair DDR3 2x2=4GB 1333 MHZ Platinum Kit ===It works at 1333MHZ

Two Corsair DDR3 4x2=8GB 1333 MHZ or down !!

Thanks

Comment

The speed would physically be the same, but you may have issues running 8GB at 1333Mhz and may need to underclock the ram to 1066 or below.

So it is really not advised to buy more ram unless you really need the ram amount and the speed does not matter

Comment

Working...
                                X