Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hello Mr.Tweek, Stasio and all others

I have a new gigabyte Z170X gaming 7 (rev 1.0) and a 6700 non k that i whant to overclock, i have a water cooling kit on order.
    I have Win 10 Pro 64 bits in french
    I have not overclocked the cpu yet
    I tried with regular 2133 ram and it's ok, but a gskill overclockable f4-3000c15d-16gtz doesn't work, it keeps rebooting

i read a lot and got a bit mixt up.

I think i make a booboo updating to F20D even if I have a Skylark (it must also have updated the CPU code to non overcklable version ? )

the board bios is updated to f20d, and it works fine with my used hyunday 2133 cas 15 ram, but not with my new gskill f4-3000c15d-16gtz 2*8 gig 3000 cas 15, that's why i updated to the newest bios i could fine. But it keeps rebooting. I returned it to newegg.ca and there are sending me a new kit.

I've read some more and downloaded UBU 1.65 and added the f20d BIOS file, but I don't understand how to use it. Do I just update (or downgrade ) the cpu code to 74 (using option 7) so that a unlock bios (like ver F7A) will work ? DO I modify something else ?

So please what should I do now ?

der8auer

Comment

@middlemarkal

Try BIOS F8o for Z170X-Gaming 7(only modded microcode for non-K CPU)....

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.
      Last edited by stasio; 11-18-2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Merci i'll try that bios version
        Last edited by middlemarkal; 11-18-2016, 12:16 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thanks Stasio but...

I downloaded the bios file 8o modified and renamed it

I downloaded the efiflash 062 modified

I used Rufus 2.11 to make a boot usb

I flashed from DOS on a reboot and the new bios worked correctly at stock speed. I tested it a day

When I tried to overclock my 6700 non K cpu following Der8auer gigabyte non k overclocking guide to cpu ration 34, bclk 133, ram at 2128mhz,voltage line calibration at high and cpu core voltage at 1.325 and saved that to the cmos, the computer tok a long time to reboot and used the backup bios GRRRR

So now I have F7 BIOS, I looked on the web for info, but not much on how the dual bios from the z170x gaming 7 rev 1.0 works.

What do I do now ???

thanks in advance for your help

Comment

OK I was able to boot aFTER UNPLUGING THE POWER.

I got bios f8o back.

I'm trying to overclock , but more gradually.
            It does not seem to work to well.

I'm using 1.325 v is it too much or not enough ?

I'M using my hyunday regular RAm that I run at 2126 by changing the ratio.

Intel microcode info tells me that I have cpu microcode 74, it is the last overclok version I think. So I don't need to use UBUI to get to 74 ? Is there another utility to know my current microcode version ?

Comment

Lastest news.

I can overclock in F8o with cpu revision 39, but only very sligtly, like 3.6.

I 'll try to read more and look what other setings to change beside : cpu ratio and uncore to the same ratio, bclk > 100, ram stay below 2133, cpu vcore loading at hight and cpu core at 1.325V

Question ? why is the rcpu revision at 74 with bios f74 and 39 with bios f8o ??? should I use UBU to also piut revision 74 in the f8o modified ?

Comment

^
                BIOS F8o came with microcode 74,but for somebody didn't works.
                With UBU you can update what you want.

original F8o is here:

Edit:

You can also try other BIOS's release as:

GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F8d
                GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F8g
                GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F8i
                GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F8l
                GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F8o
                GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F8p
                GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F8q
                GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F8r
                GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F8

links here:
                GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS
                Last edited by stasio; 11-20-2016, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Smart Backup Z170

Hello
                  can I use smart backup with two hard drives in raid mode and a SSD without raid.
                  He's trying to do the backup, but it stops.
                  CTD

Comment

• Z170X gaming 7 rev 1.0 bios F8o trouble with plextor 258 M8PeG m.2 bios 1.04

Z170X gaming 7 rev 1.0 bios F8o trouble with plextor 258 M8PeG m.2 bios 1.04

With the M8PeG 256GB I had trouble to be reconize, finally I can now access it but not boot on it..

There is a bios screen from Plextor, buit it goes too fast to be read...

Last edited by middlemarkal; 11-27-2016, 09:49 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi!

I have a question about MB GA-X99 Ultra Gaming (rev 1.0) and RAM G.Skill F4-3600C17Q-32GVK (http://gskill.com/en/product/f4-3600c17q-32gvk). I tried to use XMP for RAM but in this case I haven't QUAD-mode (only DUAL) and I have 16Gb instead 32Gb.
                      I don't understand why this RAM doesn't work in QUAD-mode. In QVL (http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...roadwell-e.pdf) written that I can use in QUAD-mode F4-3600C15Q2-64GTZKB and many Avexir modules. These RAMs differs from F4-3600C17Q-32GVK only timings.
                      So why F4-3600C17Q-32GVK doesn't works in QUAD-mode in XMP on this MB? Is is possible to run this RAM in QUAD on 3600?

Thank you very much!

Comment

^
                        Send request to GB Technical Support:
                        GIGABYTE - Support - Technical Support - Motherboard

Comment

Full build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TKtTzM

Issue:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Installed MyDigitalSSD 80mm BP5e 480GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Tried to boot from USB drive - no luck.

Tried also installing Seagate FireCuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive

I am running out of ideas.

Comment

^
                            Send request to GB Technical Support:
                            GIGABYTE - Support - Technical Support - Motherboard
                            I am unaware what you want or google your specific problem.

Comment

I was able to get the computer to boot and load Windows 7 using a smaller USB drive. It still didn't recognize my m.2 drive, so I tried to update the firmware to f20. I am now getting an error when Windows tries to load that says the bios is not full acpi compliant.

What is my next step?

Comment

I managed to downgrade to f4. I believe the Lan chip might still need to be fixed because the mac address is a whole bunch of 80's and something, but the internet works fine...so does it still need to be fixed?

I can't for the life of me get it to recognize the 'MyDigitalSSD 80mm BP5e 480GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

any advice on that?

Comment

Working...
                                X