Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Anytime man, that's why I am here, to help!

I may not get to your thread this morning, as I have about 12-15 more posts to do I have open now that I hope to get thru before I have to leave, but I will get to it for sure tonight when I get back in

Comment

Hi!

I recently upgraded my system RAM from 2GB to 4GB. However, while the BIOS and system start-up show 4GB of RAM has been installed, Task Manager reveals a max. of 3GB of system memory, and that's the max. amount I'm able to use. I would like to know where the additional 1GB has gone to and how I can get the additional 1GB back. My current system configuration is:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
      Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L Motherboard
      4GB RAM
      XFX GeForce 8400GS PCI/E Graphics Card
      160GB HDD

Would appreciate any inputs on the same.

Comment

• Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L Motherboard Issues

Hi!

I recently upgraded my system RAM from 2GB to 4GB. However, while the BIOS and system start-up show 4GB of RAM has been installed, Task Manager reveals a max. of 3GB of system memory, and that's the max. amount I'm able to use. I would like to know where the additional 1GB has gone to and how I can get the additional 1GB back. My current system configuration is:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
        Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L Motherboard
        4GB RAM
        XFX GeForce 8400GS PCI/E Graphics Card
        160GB HDD

Would appreciate any inputs on the same.

Comment

running 32bit os is the limit. it takes only 3gb. uppgrade to 64bit and there is "no limit".

Comment

Hi,
            I just updated my bios from f7 to f8a on a GA-MA78GM-S2h Board and now raid 1 function is no longer working it sees the second drive a a logical drive now. Also the new bios has no optioon to rebuild the raid. It appears the raid info has changed in the new bios.
            Any help would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by uncle-d View Post
              Hi,
              I just updated my bios from f7 to f8a on a GA-MA78GM-S2h Board and now raid 1 function is no longer working it sees the second drive a a logical drive now. Also the new bios has no option to rebuild the raid. It appears the raid info has changed in the new bios.
              Any help would be great!

After you flash your BIOS and load optimized defaults (Proper flashing procedure) you will need to reboot BACK to the BIOS before trying to load windows and set your RAID Settings again or your RAID Will fail.

Since you are talking about RAID 1 you may be able to rebuild it as you mention but it would be in the RAID ROM not the BIOS. Are you going into the RAID BIOS? The area where you create a array? Sorry, I don't know the AMD Specific terms, but I do know you should have the option within the RAID BIOS/ROM to rebuild a RAID 1 array

Now, if this is your OS RAID 1, then I am not sure if the rebuild would work or not since you have, if it is, already written to the disk and changed things

For future reference please see the method outlined here for flashing your BIOS with RAID so you do not have this happen again >>

Comment

Hi Tech Support -

I'm building a computer based around a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R mobo. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 CPU, a Sapphire Radeon 4850 graphics card, 4 GB of OCZ Reaper RAM, a 500 GB Seagate hard drive, and a 750 watt power supply. I have installed Vista Ultimate 64.

My most recent problem seems to be a hardware issue. The PC will boot fine, and run for a while, but after a couple minutes of running programs like Firefox and Zune player, it will freeze off and on, and the screen will go black.
                When rebooting, the motherboard does not recognise that I have a hard drive plugged in, and gives me a disc read error. The first time this happened, I thought Windows was corrupted and when I tried to re-install, it said I had no hard drive connected. After I switch the hard drive to a different SATA channel, the PC boots fine.

I have checked the video card driver and ensured I have the 64-bit version. The Gigabyte drivers are compatible from Windows 2000 to Vista 64. All programs that have a 64-bit version have that one installed.
                I ran a RAM test and it came up with no errors. I figured if the CPU was bad, the PC wouldn't boot. I reset the BIOS to its fail-safe defaults.
                My guess is that there's something obscure wrong with the motherboard somewhere that's causing this problem.

If any of you have seen an issue like this, need more information, or have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Lsdmeasap or Janus,

PLEASE check out my thread listed below:

I'm having BSOD and boot failure issues and believe they are connected to auto settings in BIOS being incorrect. I've tried to the best of my ability to change what I know (which is not much), but need some help asap. In the thread are my hardware specs as well as the BIOS template (thanks to profJim) with my current settings.

Comment

Hi, guys.

I'm looking for a clarification on the PCI-E frequency on P31 motherboards.

my thread

Sorry to post it here, but I've been digging through the internet to clarify it for ages now and my thread here went unnoticed. I think it's quite a serious issue as many people (including myself) overclock their P31-based systems and leave the PCI-E at AUTO in the BIOS.

Rgds

Comment

Hi all,

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-G31M-S2L

I just bought this mobo and i have 1x2GB Dynet Simtronnics RAM. I just cant run both sticks together in Dual channel mode.
                      Help.

Comment

I've had a thread open for some time now trying to get my motherboard to Overclock, but in trying to overclock things, i think we stumbled on a larger issue: my motherboard doesnt seem to be able to change the vcore voltage. Is there a way i can verify that my motherboard is completely unable to regulate vcore voltage? if i can verify that that's the absolute problem i keep running in to, then i'll buy a new gigabyte motherboard, otherwise i'd like to try and troubleshoot a fix. Btw, the motherboard is a EP43-DS3L.

The Thread: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/oc-e...55/index3.html

Comment

Originally posted by Chc13Perfume View Post
                          Hi Tech Support -

I'm building a computer based around a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R mobo. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 CPU, a Sapphire Radeon 4850 graphics card, 4 GB of OCZ Reaper RAM, a 500 GB Seagate hard drive, and a 750 watt power supply. I have installed Vista Ultimate 64.

My most recent problem seems to be a hardware issue. The PC will boot fine, and run for a while, but after a couple minutes of running programs like Firefox and Zune player, it will freeze off and on, and the screen will go black.
                          When rebooting, the motherboard does not recognise that I have a hard drive plugged in, and gives me a disc read error. The first time this happened, I thought Windows was corrupted and when I tried to re-install, it said I had no hard drive connected. After I switch the hard drive to a different SATA channel, the PC boots fine.

I have checked the video card driver and ensured I have the 64-bit version. The Gigabyte drivers are compatible from Windows 2000 to Vista 64. All programs that have a 64-bit version have that one installed.
                          I ran a RAM test and it came up with no errors. I figured if the CPU was bad, the PC wouldn't boot. I reset the BIOS to its fail-safe defaults.
                          My guess is that there's something obscure wrong with the motherboard somewhere that's causing this problem.

If any of you have seen an issue like this, need more information, or have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.
                          Please make a new thread with all your info, and a link to your ram. Sounds like you have some improper ram settings causing your BIOS to reset to me.

Please also be using Optimized defaults not fail safe, and set your ram voltages for sure, and add some MCH Voltage while you wait on a reply back from me.

I ask you to make a new thread because I cannot keep track of things here

Originally posted by Rockfella View Post
                          Hi all,

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-G31M-S2L

I just bought this mobo and i have 1x2GB Dynet Simtronnics RAM. I just cant run both sticks together in Dual channel mode.
                          Help.
                          Please make a new thread and I can help. If you can please provide a link to this memory or the Model #

Originally posted by MasonBlaq View Post
                          I've had a thread open for some time now trying to get my motherboard to Overclock, but in trying to overclock things, i think we stumbled on a larger issue: my motherboard doesnt seem to be able to change the vcore voltage. Is there a way i can verify that my motherboard is completely unable to regulate vcore voltage? if i can verify that that's the absolute problem i keep running in to, then i'll buy a new gigabyte motherboard, otherwise i'd like to try and troubleshoot a fix. Btw, the motherboard is a EP43-DS3L.

The Thread: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/oc-e...55/index3.html
                          I will check out your thread when I get back in tonight!

If you have not already please link to your ram in that thread and provide your full settings you are trying that fail and I will advise back

Comment

Hello
                            I have a problem and I'd like to know your opinion.
                            My ex PC (MA770-DS3, Phenom9550, HyperX 2x1Gb 1066Mhz and EAH4830 worked without problems), I upgraded the rams with 2x2Gb 1066Mhz Mushkin. After 2 weeks the Mobo died and I have bought a newer model MA790X-UD4. Actually my system is freezing at any software installation and when I'm watching movies. (ram settings 5.5.5.15 at 2.0V)

Comment

I am not sure of the specifics of AMD BIOS's but you need to add some memory controller voltage, and maybe try your ram at 2.05-2.1 until you get things figured out as to which is causing issue.

Also there is a memory setting that allows a choice of 127ns, 195ns, and 327ns you may need to try that higher starting with 327ns

Comment

Hi Janus,

I purchased a GA-EP45-UD3R along with Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK ddr2-1066 PC2-8500 2048x2 CL5-5-5-15 2.0-2.1V memory. This memory boots up at the 1066 speed just fine except that after 3 hours of memtest it runs very hot.
                                I was wondering if you could help me with the bios settings that I need to change to get this memory to boot at ddr2-800 at 1.8 volts ?

Thanks

Larry

Comment

Working...
                                X