Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

[QUOTE = boe323; 504981] у вас есть переключатель BIOS? если вам не нужно, чтобы заставить резервную копию флэш основной. Кроме того ... thjey должен поддерживать центральный процессор, если более ранняя версия BIOS уже поддержали его. [/ QUOTE]

translation of quoted text:
    do you have a BIOS switch? if you do not need to make a backup of the main flash. Also ... they must support the CPU when an earlier BIOS version already supported it.
    I have no BIOS switch. BIOS-F6, F7 update two chips. BIOS-F6, F7 prohibits updating to earlier version BIOS.
    Last edited by profJim; 06-01-2016, 03:10 AM. Reason: added translation to English

Comment

I have no idea why your seeing Russian and have to translate? looks like the only way round this is to rma/service the board theres a small fee if its run out of warranty. That's if is cpu support that's causing the issue. Unless anyone else can think/provide an answer?
      A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Dude ..I just realized your on about windows and not the bios. Theres nothing to worry about lol, its could be a bad driver so just go through them and update or roll back to generic drivers.
        Last edited by boe323; 06-02-2016, 12:21 PM.
        A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Comment

Intel 535 SSD long boot time Windows 10 (black screen with cursor). MY VIDEO:

My correspondence with technical support INTEL
          Last edited by sfuma; 06-21-2016, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Janus,

I am considering building a new workstation around the GA-X170-EXTREME ECC. I read Steven's article GIGABYTE X170-Extreme ECC (Intel C236) Motherboard Review and noticed he had used a Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB as well as a M.2 Drive: Kingston HyperX Predator 240GB PCIe x4. I was wondering if the X170 can boot via the M.2 interface? I read through the manual and all I could find was UEFI boot devices. I wasn't planning on a separate SSD for booting. But I was planning to fill both M.2 slots for RAID!

Dave

Comment

• GIGABYTE Motherboard FAN pinout

Hi guys.

My girfriend have a GB Motherboard (GA-970-Gaming) and i see little bit difference between ASUS 970 PRO GAMING in PIN configuration. Recently when had i plugged fan a little smoke from conector. After this she go to user manual read about this and share with me.

You can see side by side (http://prntscr.com/br5q0p)
              Why CPU FAN and SYS FAN is pinout different in GIGABYTE board and ASUS no?

Sorry for my bad english.

I am very grateful if someone can help me.

Thanks,
              Jacson

Comment

GIGABYTE. Why you abandoned updated BIOS for the chipset Z97, H97? You bad company. MSI overtakes you on Upgrading firmware. Your motherboard I no longer buy. You do not love their fans!
                Last edited by sfuma; 08-30-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Re: mad at windows need a file

just recentl windows crashed my pc with an update. I went with a clean install with a usb file from microsoft. The file stopes in the middle of install and wants a media driver. After much biccering with them they agreed ithere file was missing from the dnload. And basicly told me to just go to Gigabyte or amd and figure it out myself. where can i get a driver for my GA78LMT-USB# motherbord?

Comment

^
                    very easy to search with google "GA78LMT-USB#".
                    You must be sure about revision of your board...
                    Example....GA78LMT-USB3....

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 4.1)

Btw,
                    you should have GB original CD with drivers in the box.

Comment

I have Gigabyte Z87X-UD7 TH that I wanted to upgrade F5a/F4 bios, but I just found out it currently has F1g bios of Gigabyte Z97X Gaming G1. I couldn't use Qflash/EFIflash/@bios lateste version to upgrade to right bios because current bios is 8Mb and other bios versions are 16Mb size. I also used Afudos Aptio force flash but it always showed either bios is write-protected or error 46: Problem getting flash information. What should I do to upgrade to right bios?

Comment

Your board is probably different (early) revision,so is not possible to change.
                        Can you post CPU-Z screenshot "Mainboard".

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                          Your board is probably different (early) revision,so is not possible to change.
                          Can you post CPU-Z screenshot "Mainboard".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gigabyte Z87X-UD7 TH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	755138

Comment

Can you look for Revision.......bottom left side of board.
                            Has been similar case arround 2-3 years ago.
                            If is Rev.0.1 or 0.2 ,you have probably installed 2 x 64 Mbit flash BIOS chips on board,
                            which support only 8MB BIOS size.

Also switch to Backup BIOS (with switch) and see if is same BIOS F1g.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                              Can you look for Revision.......bottom left side of board.
                              Has been similar case arround 2-3 years ago.
                              If is Rev.0.1 or 0.2 ,you have probably installed 2 x 64 Mbit flash BIOS chips on board,
                              which support only 8MB BIOS size.

Also switch to Backup BIOS (with switch) and see if is same BIOS F1g.
                              It is Rev 2.0, and backup bios has same F1g.

Comment

Originally posted by nanoscale View Post
                                It is Rev 2.0, and backup bios has same F1g.
                                Ok ,you can try this:
                                stay with switch in Backup BIOS, other switch (SB) set to "Single BIOS".
                                Rename BIOS F5a to bios.bin......use FPT-Win64- Z87 to flash
                                in Windows OS or FPT_DOS- Z87 to flash in DOS with
                                bootable USB.
                                Place "bios.bin" in same folder and try to flash.

Edit:
                                If somehow cann't flash, try with FPT-Win32/64- Z97 in Windows mode.
                                Last edited by stasio; 11-16-2016, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X