Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hi there I have at the moment a GA-M61SME-S2 with 2gb of ram on 2 seperat channels. And was wondering if I could upgrade to 8gb ram 1x4gb 1x4gb on separate channels. Would this motherboard be compatible running 64 bit win 7.

Thanks.

.. Jay..

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon Jay View Post
      Hi there I have at the moment a GA-M61SME-S2 with 2gb of ram on 2 seperat channels. And was wondering if I could upgrade to 8gb ram 1x4gb 1x4gb on separate channels. Would this motherboard be compatible running 64 bit win 7.

Thanks.

.. Jay..
      Yes....

2 DDR2 DIMM memory slots (supports up to 8GB memory)(Note 1)
      Supports dual channel DDR2 800/667/533/400 DIMMs
      Supports 1.8V DDR2 DIMMs

(Note 1) Due to the limitation of Windows 32-bit operating system, when more than 4GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory available for the operating system will be less than 4GB; Windows 64-bit operating system doesn't have such limitation.

Comment

Hello! Have G1.Guerilla socket 1366 and intel xeon x5650. At the default it works good but if I change some setting (any setting, like Frequency or voltage) it goes to reload and make default settings.
        This motherboard doesn't support this CPU officially but it works.
        Help please to overclock this CPU! Maybe someone know how to modify bios for this cpu.
        Sorry for my English, and thanks!

Comment

Which BIOS you have installed...?
          Google web and you will found that latest BIOS support your xeon x5650.

GigaByte Gigabyte G1 Assassin Mobo Compatible PC CPUs

Comment

Have a question...have a Z390 Aorus Master that some times shows "FFFFFF" in the CPU frequency area of the bios when in bio MIT settings, etc. It will also show "FFFFFF" in the save profiles section of bios when entering one of the numbered titles to save under also. This intermittent, but once it occurs, only a clear CMOS will usually bring it back to normal. This generally happens after a reboot. Say you clear CMOS, enter bios and set everything up, then once it reboots, if you enter bios afterwards, these entry fields will have the "FFFFFF" shown and you can't delete them or see the actual value. I have used Q-Flash to flash bios F8 & F9C and it seemed like to was gone with F9C, but since showed back up again, this time when attempting to flash bios back to F8, the "FFFFFF" showed up in the bios name area of Q-Flash, so I have to reboot it and try again maybe 1-2 times in Q-Flash before I didn't get "FFFFFF" affecting the bios name. Seen this on an older Z270 Gaming 9 I had that was sent to Gigabyte for a bios LED display illegible repair and when it came back, I haven't noticed it occurring anymore. Is this a bios bug or possible bad bios chip?

Comment

• Will the GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 (rev. 1.0) Motherboard work with Windows 10?

I was recently given a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 (rev. 1.0) Motherboard. Will this motherboard work with Windows 10?

Comment

It seems that the "ultra fast boot" setting does not work on the Z390 Aorus Pro : it is not faster than "fast boot" option : the POST stage requires about 10 s in both cases which is quite long. In the bios, I disabled everything I don't use and disabled CSM and secure boot. I installed Windows 10 in UEFI mode and the EFI system partition is on the Windows disk too.

Is it a bug ? On Asrock motherboards, ultra fast boot is faster than fast boot and enables to have a POST time of less than 5 s.

Comment

It seems that the "ultra fast boot" setting does not work on the Z390 Aorus Pro : it is not faster than "fast boot" option : the POST stage requires about 10 s in both cases which is quite long. In the bios, I disabled everything I don't use and disabled CSM and secure boot. I installed Windows 10 in UEFI mode and the EFI system partition is on the Windows disk too.

Is it a bug ? On Asrock motherboards, ultra fast boot is faster than fast boot and enables to have a POST time of less than 5 s.

Comment

Hello, i have a problem that is really REALLY annoying me. My motherboard is GA-Z97X-SLI rev 1.0, CPU is i7 4790K. A couple of weeks ago my PC Started resetting itself 95% of the time when it happens is when i leave it alone for a few minutes.....tried everything like setting the windows power settings to always on for hard disks and USB etc, windows event viewer didn't help and just said unexpected shutdown with no other info. I tried reinstalling windows and that didn't help. Tried a new PSU, that didn't work either. Got a new hard disk, still no luck. So right now im waiting on some RAM coming and i will swap it out and see if that is the issue but it's passing all tests i run on it like memtest86 and even stress tests on prime95........It's still behaving the same way and i can play games and use the pc no problem but it seems if i leave it alone its most likely to reset itself.....

Now this is where it gets a bit weird for me at least......i noticed during one of the resets of the machine that when it booted back up, the BIOS appeared to have been wiped and was back to the F8 BIOS....i was like hmm.....during a period of stability i decided to flash the F9 BIOS back onto it and it worked, or so i thought......eventually the machine reset itself and one of those times the BIOS is wiped and it's back to the start. I have noticed that most of the time i flash the BIOS it fails and just reverts back to the F8 BIOS on the backup chip.......

Another weird quirk is my windows will NOT load up untill i set the RAM from the default settings of 1333mhz 1.5v tothe XMP profile which is 2400mhz 1.65v (i always used to geet away with 1.55v @ 2400mhz before this issue started.....if i just leave it set at the stock settings the machine wont boot. After flashing the BIOS with XMP profile everything seems to go back to normal(almost) and i can set the auto OC to 4.6Ghz on the CPU etc....I've had the machine since 2014/2015 and never ran into any stability issues until now. Last January i had a PSU explode when it turned it on but after replacing that it was fine.....

I guess what im looking for is any info on why this motherboard seems to not like the BIOS being flashed anymore and reverts back to the old one and why it wont work unless i do very specific things like set the XMP profile as soon as it boots to BIOS? Does this sound like it's simply a bad RAM issue? I have tried everything, took the whole computer apart and rebuilt it after cleaning it, inspected everything and it looks new so i don't get what's going on? My new RAM will arrive today and i'll update if it fixes the problem.
                    Last edited by Jam__Bo; 08-22-2019, 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Comment

After replacing RAM/motherboard/HDD/PSU i still have the random resets but have now found out it's part of a wide issue effecting tonnes of users around the world and only happened after the last windows updates that microsoft have admitted can screw over some people setups. I have even seen several people who have bought a new PC because they assumed their was broken because of this gimped update. Just a heads up for anyone else going through the same thing with this motherboard/CPU/GPU combo!

Comment

Where can I get a new bios version for H97-HD3 with spectre / meltdown mitigation and a secure Intel Management Engine? The latest version on the website is from 2016

Comment

Hi, I have a problem, begging for help!
                          My laptop: Gigabyte Aero x15, bought in December 2018 on Amazon. Couple weeks ago I started having a problem, Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) pop up in Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus controllers though all the physical USB ports in my laptop work fine. I dug a lot of information on internet, found "some" solutions but no matter what I try it survives, even it adopts cause some fixes helped for a short period of time but later it pops up again and those fixes don't help anymore. I would leave it and live with the problem if it was not one BUT - it blocks my internal keyboard from working! I have been struggling all these period the problem appeared, bought a bluetooth keyboard to use but its ridiculous and not convenient especially when I use laptop on studies or in public spaces as I need my laptop everyday.
                          All the drivers, BIOS and Windows 10 updates updated.
                          Had a conversation with official Gigabyte support representatives and they suggested me to send my laptop (guessing it will take minimum a month) as they think its a mechanical problem with keyboard but I have doubts as what I learned is that it is definitely a bug between my BIOS, chipset and Windows 10 and it is a software issue though I don't deny that it can be a mechanical fail but did not find any relative themes on internet.
                          Please help me as I am desperate...
                          Last edited by yashidza; 09-02-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by distantx View Post
                            Where can I get a new bios version for H97-HD3 with spectre / meltdown mitigation and a secure Intel Management Engine? The latest version on the website is from 2016
                            Ask GB Technical support..they will send to you...

Comment

I've recently got a new rig put together by Overclockers UK and it works nicely apart from 1 issue (1 issue with the X570 Aorus Xtreme board).
                              I am losing the 10Gbe Aquantia completely i.e. its disappeared from Windows 10's list of devices and will not come back for love nor money. The switch has no registering of the device or any activity at all - it is completely gone.
                              The only way to bring it back it to power down and turn off the power supply - 30 secs later turn back on and everything works as is.

I have the PC hooked up to a UPS so the motherboard never fully shuts off as its getting power delivered. So if I shutdown the PC - then restart without powering off from the PSU I get no 10Gbe NIC it appears removed from existence.

I'm on the latest F5b BIOS and I get the same activity with the beta BIOS too. I also have the latest NIC drivers and its just annoying right now rather than critical.

Anyone else experiencing something similar?

- Also my Backup BIOS light is illuminated - does not matter if I switch via the hardware switch it stays orange - is this correct?
                              Last edited by krazeyivan; 10-28-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I have a Z390m Gaming, purchased from Amazon just before Christmas 2019. I'm building a Hackintosh couldn't get the Ethernet working. Installed Windows 10, now getting a Code 10 for the i219-V.

Installed driver (the whole Express install) from MoBo DVD, still no Ethernet and Code 10. Removed driver, restarted, turned off Network in Bios, boot to windows, no card in Device Manager. Shutdown, turned Network on in bios, installed DVD driver, still code 10. Downloaded drivers from Intel, Installer says newer driver installed. But still no Ethernet, Code 10. Maybe bad hardware, replacement board from Amazon, has same problem.

What to do now?

Anyone else ever have this issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X