X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanoss44
    replied
    Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

I recently moved to sata 3 ssd namely the force gt 90gb. The Revision is 1.3.3 (newest bios from official site)
    I own the X58A-UD3R with bios FH. I hooked the ssd on the sata marvel port, enabled ahci and run some benchmarks. Result is, that write speeds top up 250mb/sec and read speeds top up to 380mb/sec. The benchmarking program is ATTO, which i think is highly acclaimed and the industry standard.
    What do you thing must be done in order to achieve speeds >500mb/sec ?

Your help is highly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

I looked at your other two posts via the following link, and am not sure at all what you are talking about above because none of your older posts mention anything related to your comments?

What do you mean, and do you need help with something? Yes, we can help! If you need help, please feel free to make a new thread in this section and we can help!

Leave a comment:

• nnimieyd
    replied
    Ok, I think I'm lost. I left nothing in my post hoping you would sell me, are just a tech and thats it. I must have been wrong about this site. Is gygabyte a new company that worked for one of the larger builders? (making a name for themselfs). I bought the board anyway. if I post something that is for support... will you answer?

Thank you for your time,

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

Originally posted by Eskorbutin View Post
    Hi,

Two weeks ago I mount a pc.

Components

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 B3
    Processor: Intel Core i3 2120 3.3Ghz Box Socket 1155
    Hard Disk: WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA3
    Graphics card: Asus GeForce GTX 550 Ti DirectCU 1GB GDDR5
    RAM memory: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3 1333 2x2GB
    DVD: Asus DRW-24B3ST Grabadora DVD 24X Negra OEM
    Power supply: Tacens Radix V 650W
    Red Card: Conceptronic 300Mbps 11n Wireless PCI Card

Problem:

The computer starts up properly, I install OS Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits and drivers provided by the manufacturers CD's (in the CD or the motherboard I use Xpress Install)

Once inside the operating system I sent a reboot the computer, and that at shutdown, when it will turn on again, try to boot but it is restarted again and again until finally boot properly

I'm update BIOS

Change the system restart, the computer was restarted without being shutdown, maintaining constant electric current line during the restart process. (do not know if this change is due to update the BIOS, but I make sure it is due to the update)
    Everything seemed to work correctly.

Restarts incurred by the operating system GUI seem to work correctly.

But if the computer hangs, I press the reset button (no reboots with the line of constant electric current) and I usually spend the same problem, the computer try to boot but it is restarted again and again until finally boot properly.

I would like to know the cause of this.

If anyone can help me, thanks.
    If computer hangs, or you can make it hang, please test using only the power button to shut it down and reboot it. I have noticed reset button is an issue on P67!

Originally posted by kpo6969 View Post
    I am asking for help with enabling ACHI to run a SSD on my E45-UD3P as explained in my prior thread below:

Thank You

I had already tried bios F11d which did not help. Any of these other?

Also exactly which setting in bios for ACHI, etc.
    what I have is:
    64GB sata II SSD
    320GB sata II HDD for storage
    2 sata II optical drives
    BIOS version doesn't really matter for AHCI, but I always suggest the latest version so you're good to go there!

To enable AHCI after OS install is easy! Please make the following registry changes, then reboot and enter the BIOS and set the following BIOS settings in the Integrated Peripherals page.

Registry changes (Set before BIOS is set to AHCI)
    Code:
    Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 (Win 7 / Vista ONLY)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStor[SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000FF][B]V[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]\Start
    Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. AHCI
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Leave a comment:

• kpo6969
    replied

I am asking for help with enabling ACHI to run a SSD on my E45-UD3P as explained in my prior thread below:

Thank You

I had already tried bios F11d which did not help. Any of these other?

Also exactly which setting in bios for ACHI, etc.
    what I have is:
    64GB sata II SSD
    320GB sata II HDD for storage
    2 sata II optical drives
    Last edited by kpo6969; 01-17-2012, 06:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X