Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Are both drive identical?
    I've seen other posts with the same problem on the net, and I have seen a review where it worked but with the same drive.

Comment

Yes, last night, I tried again with a new HD mounted on Marvell GSATA with AHCI, installed console driver and controller driver from Gigabyte website. No BSOD, and no any esata hd was mounted (Windows HD on marvell gsata is ok), but once changed to Microsoft driver, one driver will be mounted.

I also saw the posts with same problem, generally, they installed the latest marvell ahci driver, then it will be ok. But I am not. So horrible SATA chip, so horrible MB. I am so regret to try a Gigabyte MB. during past, I always use ASUS and MSI motherboard, I am happy with them. I mounted my Tt duet eSATA dock on ASUS p5b-e with JMB363, it works so good in Windows xp and windwos 7, support port multiplier.

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      Are both drive identical?
      I've seen other posts with the same problem on the net, and I have seen a review where it worked but with the same drive.

Comment

hi all
        I in adventure to build my first PC from scratch and GIGABYTE will be the brand of my mobo! My question is: is there any MicroATX for LMA 1155 socket that incorporate IEEE1394 FireWire port?

thanks in advance
        MP

Comment

• Audio Issues with RME hdsp 9632 and Nvidia GTX 480 in Windows 7 on a GA-X58A-UD3R. LatencyMon assessment concerns

Recently reinstalled Windows 7 64 bit. Fixed the specific software problem I had, but am having audio issues now and still having an issue where the computer restarts itself. Am running new software with the new install of the OS, so I can't say the install caused the problem. However, could be I haven't set up all drivers correctly. May be Windows Update issues too, but it's hard to tell. Don't run SP1 on account of the sleep mode problem it caused, but I've installed most other important updates. I have an RME hdsp 9632 audio card and am running its current driver, 3.26. I am not running the current driver for the GTX 480, but the 275.33 for the Display Adapter device in Device Manager. I rolled back the 285.62 driver in the Sound, Video, and Game Controller device to the default High Definition Audio Device. Running the 285.62 driver was giving me serious real-time audio issues, clicks and pops...etc. I am still getting these since rolling back the driver to 275.33.

System restarts itself usually when playing a game or other processor "heavy" tasks. However, I have a pretty ridiculous system and it makes no sense that it can't handle gaming or pretty much anything I throw at it. I was hoping you guys could suggest an approach to figuring this out. I bought this system through iBuyPower, who overclocked it mildly, but since reinstalling the OS I am wondering if I have all up to date drivers for the motherboard and if anything missing with the GA-X58A-UD3R could be messing with it.

Ran LatencyMon after rolling back Nvidia drivers and was still given a long list of issues:

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines belonging to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines belonging to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also your system appears to be having trouble which may be attributed to SMI routines, CPU bugs or unexplainable CPU stalls.
          LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:59:51 (h:mm:ss)"

Under reported DPCs it lists this:

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 275.33 , NVIDIA Corporation"

This is the current assessment in LatencyMon despite rolling back the drivers. I get less pops and clicks, but I do get them and I did have the system restart on its own once since the roll back. I do audio professionally and am very concerned about this. LatencyMon also concluded that my CPU was running at 458 MHz when it is supposed to be capable of 3650 MHz. It gave this warning:

"WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature."

Thanks for your help,

Josh

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 01
          Intel Core i7-980X 3.65 GHz CPU
          Nvidia Geforce GTX 480 running 275.33 driver
          RME hdsp 9632 audio card running 3.26 driver
          Thermaltake 1200 watt PSU
          Corsair 12 GB (2GB x 6) DDR3 1600
          Thermaltake Level 10
          Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R V1 F8b
          i7-980X
          Windows 7 64 bit on a 512 GB Samsung 830
          Applications and storage on a WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0
          EVGA e-GeForce GTX 480, 306.23 driver
          Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz, 6 x 2 GB
          RME HDSP 9632 audio card
          1200 watt Thermaltake TR2

Comment

First post....having a few problems which I will post...I appreciate any guidance!

rtalcott
            Last edited by rtalcott; 12-14-2011, 03:45 PM. Reason: content
            4 Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H & 2 GF8100VM-M3 with various dual core and quad core AM2+/AM3 cpu's
            Ubuntu 12.04 Alpha
            http://rtalcott.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have a problem with either my mobo or my cpu... not sure. Please help

I have a gigabyte x58a ud3r rev2 and a xeon x5670 cpu. they worked flaulesly for about 2 years. I then upgraded to a new case and rebuild everything into that(Lian Li A71).

But now the system wont start up at all... It just powers and immediately powers off then on again then off again and so the cycle continues. I've stripped the pc completely and have tried to "boot" with the motherboad on an open table to make sure there are no "shorts".
              The board still contiues to do exactly the same... At this point I've given up and I think the mobo is dead...

I've gone and purchased a Gigabyte x58a UD7 rev1 and 920 cpu and new memory(corsair vengence 12gb 1600mhz. I then tried to use the 920 in the ud3r but the same issue continues... So i then proceeded to try and used my xeon x5670 in the UD7... The Pc powers on correctly but does not post... the LED poster on the motherboard displays "C1".

The manual says that C1 is a memory issue, however I know that the ram I've used is working properly. I've run the UD7 with the 920 and had how porblems with it with Kingston hyperx, Ocz platiniums, corsair vengence etc memory with no problems. This "C1" error only occurs when I put my xeon x5670 in the board.
              I'm now starting to think that my ud3r and xeon cpu are dead :(... is this possible?
              Both motherboards have been flashed to the latest bios's(obviously the ud3r was flashed a couple of weeks ago and it was working fine up untill rebuilding my case).

Does the C1 led code indicate a faulty processor?

I'll be RMA'ing the UD3R next week, but I do not know how rma the cpu as I'm not sure if its Boxed or OEM... it was bought second hand.
              |[email protected]|AsrockExtreme9|16gigVengence|LianLiA 71|CustomTripleExternalWaterbox|HCP1200watt|3x27"|2x6990cfx|120gbVertex3+256gbSupertalentSSD|48Tb|G19|RAT9|Lo gitechZ5500|LogitechG35|

Comment

Don't know what to say other than you will have more luck being seen if you start a new thread...this one is about a different problem...a loss of function after a BIOS upgrade...your hardware is different and so is your problem so it's probably best to start a new thread.
                rt
                4 Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H & 2 GF8100VM-M3 with various dual core and quad core AM2+/AM3 cpu's
                Ubuntu 12.04 Alpha
                http://rtalcott.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have a couple of suggestions remove cpu check for faulty, bent, or broken pins. This requires a good light source and specs or a magnification. Clear CMOS
                  http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                  http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                  Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                  Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                  Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                  4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                  (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                  (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                  (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                  Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                  Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                  2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                  Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                  Logitech G500 USB mouse
                  Monitor: CMV937A
                  7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                  Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Forum:

I looking @ upgrading my memory from 1066 to 2100+ on my Gigabyte X58A-UD7 rev 1. Gigabyte states the board max is 2100 yet i found it can be up to 2200 is this right?

Memory

6 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 24 GB of system memory (Note 1)
                    Dual/3 channel memory architecture
                    Support for DDR3 2200/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
                    Support for non-ECC memory modules
                    Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
                    (Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest memory support list.)
                    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366 Bios (F8)
                    Intel Core i7 920 Bloomsfeild LGA 1366 45nm
                    Prolimatech Super Mega CPU Cooler
                    Gigabyte GV-R577D5-1GD-B Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)
                    G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-12GB
                    Corsair TX 750w
                    (1) Seagate 1.5 tr Barracuda
                    (1) Seagate 1.0 tr Barracuda
                    (2) Sony Optiarc AD-7241S
                    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
                    ViewSonic X Series VX2433wm

Comment

Originally posted by Ezz1r View Post
                      Forum:

I looking @ upgrading my memory from 1066 to 2100+ on my Gigabyte X58A-UD7 rev 1. Gigabyte states the board max is 2100 yet i found it can be up to 2200 is this right?

Memory

6 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 24 GB of system memory (Note 1)
                      Dual/3 channel memory architecture
                      Support for DDR3 2200/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
                      Support for non-ECC memory modules
                      Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
                      (Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest memory support list.)
                      This can be done by overclocking the cpu to allow the memory to reach its full speed. Unless you are running some really memory intensive program in daily use you wont see any benefit going from lets say 1600 - 2000.

Also higher ram speed = higher qpi/vtt voltage. More physical ram will require more qpi/vtt.

This also could limit your overclock. Even if you had 6gb of 2000mhz ram your overclock might be limited to around 3.6-4.0ghz to run ram at full speed, depending on your cooling.

That being said alot of users have found slower ram (ram rated at 1333 or 1600) that will overclock to either 1600, 1800, 2000, or beyond.
                      Main Rig
                      Gigabyte z87x-OC
                      Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
                      G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
                      Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
                      Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
                      HiS ATI HD 6950
                      Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
                      Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
                      Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
                      Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
                      CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
                      Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
                      EK Supremacy Cpu Block
                      Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
                      Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Comment

Acebmxer thanks brother understand I'm currently running @ solid 4.0 w/ OC @ 1600. Definitely something to keep in mind appreciate the feedback... Happy new year

E
                        Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                        Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366 Bios (F8)
                        Intel Core i7 920 Bloomsfeild LGA 1366 45nm
                        Prolimatech Super Mega CPU Cooler
                        Gigabyte GV-R577D5-1GD-B Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT)
                        G. Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-12GB
                        Corsair TX 750w
                        (1) Seagate 1.5 tr Barracuda
                        (1) Seagate 1.0 tr Barracuda
                        (2) Sony Optiarc AD-7241S
                        Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
                        ViewSonic X Series VX2433wm

Comment

Hi everybody, first time posting.

I need some advice on a bad bios flash on a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Rev. 2.0, I flashed it with the F9 bios using a floppy disk, according to q-flash utility it all went smooth. On restart all it did was go to a black screen, i get no video nothing except spinning fans. I did the bios flash in haste(I know stupid), should of researched more but I was really frustrated with the damn computer. I was getting lockups in video games and I thought updating the bios might help the problem, but I already figured out that it wasn't the motherboard but the video card, it was overheating, even though the temperatures read normal.

I read the thread "A How to ~ Q Flash Guide" by Lsdmeasap, after bricking the motherboard unfortunately, I noticed that flashing the bios in these boards is more involved than just flashing with floppy disk and restarting the computer. The guide has a section about trying to recover from a bad flash but i'm not sure it applies to my board because it talks about an award bios file and I don't see no award bios file on the download from the gigabyte website.

I have tried clearing the cmos, removing cmos battery for a whole day and it's still dead. I tried a blind flash but it didn't work, i don't think i was doing it right anyway.

So what are my options guys. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by idiottech View Post
                            Hi everybody, first time posting.

I need some advice on a bad bios flash on a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Rev. 2.0, I flashed it with the F9 bios using a floppy disk, according to q-flash utility it all went smooth. On restart all it did was go to a black screen, i get no video nothing except spinning fans. I did the bios flash in haste(I know stupid), should of researched more but I was really frustrated with the damn computer. I was getting lockups in video games and I thought updating the bios might help the problem, but I already figured out that it wasn't the motherboard but the video card, it was overheating, even though the temperatures read normal.

I read the thread "A How to ~ Q Flash Guide" by Lsdmeasap, after bricking the motherboard unfortunately, I noticed that flashing the bios in these boards is more involved than just flashing with floppy disk and restarting the computer. The guide has a section about trying to recover from a bad flash but i'm not sure it applies to my board because it talks about an award bios file and I don't see no award bios file on the download from the gigabyte website.

I have tried clearing the cmos, removing cmos battery for a whole day and it's still dead. I tried a blind flash but it didn't work, i don't think i was doing it right anyway.

So what are my options guys. Thanks
                            only lsdmeasap knows the correct way to unbrick a mb bios,trouble is i dont know when he'll be back,i wouldnt mess yourself as if you touch the wrong pins it can wreck the bios chip perminantly,i would try pm'ing lsdme and wait till hes back but have no idea when that will be,if your mb is still in warranty you could rma for new bios chips to be soldered onto the mb

i wish they would make the bios chips pop out like asus do,then you could just buy some pre flashed chips and pop them in
                            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The unbrick motherboard procedure can only be tried when you have two separate bios chips on your motherboard.
                              Your P35-DS3L board only has a single bios chip (1 x 8 Mbit flash).

We might be able to help you if you create your own thread in the Gigabyte forum.
                              This thread is not a good place for this type of procedure for a single motherboard model.
                              Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                              P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                              4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                              MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                              Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                              WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                              SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                              Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                              Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                              Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                              MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                              Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                              HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                              CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                              E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                              Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                              Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                              HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Was thinking of buying of buying a GA-P67-DS3-B3 but see there's a rev. 2.0 available as well, does anybody know what was fixed and if I'm better off to stay away from the rev. 1.0 version?

And what's the difference between a GA-P67-_DS_3-B3 and say GA-P67_A_-_UD_3-B3?

The GA-P67-DS3-B3 isn't represented in the BIOS topic, no _DS_ boards are.

Right now I have a EP45-DS3 that I'm happy with so it doesn't feel like the DS versions are bad boards.

And the RAID, is that Intel RAID on the 6GB/s ports?

Is there any difference between the Realtek ALC889 that the GA-P67-DS3-B3 has and the Realtek ALC 889_A_ that my EP45-DS3 has?
                                Last edited by NiklasA; 02-21-2012, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X