Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not only that...the CDdrives are at the bottom and the PCI slots too...weird

Comment

• Yep, it's all upside-down....and I kinda like that. It puts the heaviest components at the bottom, so it's very stable, and I usually have my tower on the left side of my monitor, as I like some room for my mouse. The case window is on the right side of the case, so I can look at all the pretty lights... I did put a switch on it so I can turn them off if they bug me. I still have work to do on the front of the case. I'm looking for a 12.5 watt potentiometer to handle all the fans with one knob for a clean and simple look. I'm not sure if you can see it Wiggo, but that's a TT Volcano 7+ under there :thumb: I'm also looking for the right kind of mesh for the ventholes on top and front, thinking about using old auto speaker covers as they're already curved. I am also planning on painting the inside of the case a light metallic blue.
      So far, the specs are:
      Inwin Micro ATX case
      Albatron KM18G PRO mobo, nForce chipset, micro-ATX
      AMD Barton 2500+
      Corsair XMS3500 256MB (Need another stick to use the dual-channel, I know :P)
      Raidmax 400W PSU
      TT Volcano 7+
      WD 80GB SE HD w/8MB cache
      LG CD-RW/DVD combo drive, beige
      Mitsumi floppy, black
      Ball bearing UV fans:
      (1)120MM
      (1)92MM
      (2)80MM
      Lots and lots of solder
      3-pin plugs for working on it later
      20' of cable sheathing (And still not done!)
      5+ feet of shrinkwrap tubing
      3 UV fanlight kits
      UV IDE cables
      Glow floppy cable
      $10 in Lexan
      (1) Zalman Fanmate slowing all the fans (To be replaced before it catches fire :flames:)
      (1) deceased Dremel (Replaced with a kickass Craftsman flex-shaft tool ;))

I'll post more specs and my test results one I get a bit farther along...Thanks for all the input! :)

Comment

• send me your dremel!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD how happy would i be

Comment

• I finally decidied to resize the image. Im so damn lazy:D :D. I still have to work on the side window that i got from xoxide.com, but i cant cut the metal, its 1 mm steel and i just wont cut around the corners. Whenever i use the dremel, the discs break apart :(
          <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

• thats pretty cool :-D

Comment

• Thanks. I just paitned it black with some metallic spraypaint that i got in Home Depot. I wasnt that happy with it though, because unless u douse it in light, its not very metallicy. Ill put to 80 mm LED fans on the side window once i figure out how to cut the thing.
              <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

• it seems you spent some time on it, good job--how long did it take?

Comment

• Well, since theres no space for mounting the fans left, i just threw them in. For the wires, i took those trashcan tie-up things and just tied then together into anyspace i could find. The painting on the other hand, took about 2 hours. I had to take of the top and side panels, and then paint them. The hard part was painting the front. It was impossible to take it of, so had to just paint the front when it was still on :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But it was worth it. The white color was kind of outo-of-place, becuase my whole desk area is acsented black.

Comment

• again nice job, any other pictures?

Comment

• MWWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.....:shoot3: :shoot3: I have 2 Dremels, one cordless and the other is a 35 K RPM one. hehehe

Comment

• send me one please LoL

Comment

• Yeah i was gonna take some more and then put them on, but i just found out that my mom took the digital camera when she went to San Fransico :( :( ill try and get some in tommorow when she gets back.

Comment

• gimme one of your dremel's LoL

Comment

• Believe me, dont get the Minimite, or atleast the 4.8 volt one. IT SUCKS. It cant do anything but annoy you bacuase it takes about an hour to drill through a piece of wood.

Comment

• ok, so send me the 35k rotate one :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X