Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the new rig running last night. It's not much for graphics, but who needs that for SETI??? I have barely begun with the lights, as I have 2 more UV fanlights to install, UV cable sheathing, switches, fan controls, etc....

Comment

• what type of case is that!?

Comment

• It's an InWin case,IW-T515P for a micro-ATX mobo, several of which are now made with nForce chipsets. I fit a 120mm fan on the front, and a 92mm on top, cut my own window and side intake. As you can see, the case is configured upside-down. The exhaust is at the bottom, so I kinda overkilled the airflow. I'll let ya know how it cools once I can do a few tests. :thumb:
        Here's a shot of the top intake, before I set a grill in it:

Comment

• That looks good, just run seti@home and SiSoft Pi calulation for 20 minutes and then record your highest temp...that should be good for a quick test

Comment

• Got all the lights running now, as well as a few more wires cleaned up.

Comment

• WOW your wires are clean, i need to buy some rounded cables...might go down to fries...

Comment

• i wish my uv ccs were at least half as good as that.
                mine is so ****. pc case gear told me to take it back cos they recon its ****ed. anyway for the time being i wasted a further $32AUD on a blue cold cathode, so i will have 2 in the case.
                one on the other off, u know how it goes.

//alias

Comment

• OK, I've cleaned up the wiring a bit more.....still not done, but getting closer :)

Comment

• BIIIG IMPROVEMENT!
                    what did u use to do that?
                    just black electrical tape or what?
                    anyways, nice work, and it shows too! :thumb:

//alias

Comment

• I dont mean any offence but that case is ugle :) You have done an excellent job with the insides :) i just hate the shape of it :)

Comment

• is it me or does it look upside down, LoL?

Comment

• Just you mate:laugh: Anyway its a nice case well done:thumb:

Comment

• i thinks me knows what u on about.
                            its cos teh pci slots are at the top... weird.

//alias

Comment

• Originally posted by //alias
                              i thinks me knows what u on about.
                              its cos teh pci slots are at the top... weird.

//alias
                              Yes but the PSU and the rest of it is at the bottom

Comment

• Yes the whole setup is upside down to facilitate the shape of the case but then there are also normal appearin' cases that also mount the mobo upside down though they're mainly server orientated.

Comment

Working...
                                X