Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you get good air flow though that? it looks pretty tight down in front :confused:

Comment

• Yeah looks sweet, like you took a box full of random wires wrapped them in blue foil then threw them in there randomly

Comment

• it is just a wee bit messy

Comment

• I thought I already posted it wasn't finished yet. You gotta be crazy if you think that I would leave wires everywhere!!!

I forgot who it was who asked me to post a pic to see where I was at and what the Zalman heatpipe coole looks like.
          I put everything in there to measure the lengths, so i wouldn't come up short. Then sleeved everything, and heatshrink. Now I need to pull it all back out so I can hide all the wiringk and lighting.

Its called a work in progress. Hence the 4am finish times.

Drenader, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :eek: Did you ever get windows loaded with dos? Or dos loaded with windows? Go randomly figure out how to build your own system before you go bustin' on others.

If you read in the thread below this one I say that I have finish up getting the wires tidyed up
          Once I do that it will look just as well as it performs.

Temps are good Minibubba. I got an average of 43 full load. O/C to 3200.

Now that I finally got all the wiring and sleeving done, I can start working on the aestetics of hiding the wires and stuff. If you didn't notice I am running 4 USB ports up front. 3 harddrives which you can't see, with dual antec fans on each. 2 intake fans in series up front, 2 exhaust above the pci slots, 1 top port exhaust, and the PSU exhaust.

It runs cool with all of the crap in the way for now. I am just happy I finally got all of the wiring done. I have 8 CC's you can't see in there, nor can you see the inverters. I am just not done hiding the wires. I also used velcro for the CC's so I can change them out easy, and all my inverters are duals. So I can run one blue, and the other one a blacklight. It looks pretty *****en' at night.

Chez:

Comment

• Originally posted by Chezman29
            I have 8 CC's you can't see in there, nor can you see the inverters. I am just not done hiding the wires. I also used velcro for the CC's so I can change them out easy, and all my inverters are duals. So I can run one blue, and the other one a blacklight. It looks pretty *****en' at night.

Chez:
            What tha!?!?!?!
            8 CC's????? Was that a mistype?
            Where do you place them and what is your PSU? :confused: :wow:

Comment

• Cold cathodes.

and my sig has a link to my psu. Its a specially modified Antec480B with sleeving on all the wires. 90degree molex connectors for easier hookup, and heatshrink/sleeving on every connnection of your choice. you pick the colors. mine is done in gold for the main power and uv blue for the rest. you can also disconnect each of the cords from the psu if you dont need them so you don't have the p4 wire tied back if you are using an amd board.
              Check em' out, they are linked in my sig.

Chez

Comment

• Yeah, I know it stands for cold cathode :smokin: just wondering about the figure 8. I mean, do you have like 4 different colour themes or something, like a UV setup, blue setup etc. Where do you place 8 CC's? Cause I can only see 1 in your pic, good work hiding them all. :hammer:

Comment

• I found 4, and can assume where a 5th is ;)

Comment

• The only thing I was done with when I posted that picture was getting everything working, the wires sleeved cut to length, and heatshrunk.
                    I still have a lot of work hiding the wires. Sorting them out to make the ones I cna't look better.
                    Adding in 2 more CC's. 6 are in there now. I have 4 UV blacklight ones, and 4 blue ones.

I was messing around with it today and broke one of the HSF blades off, which was cool. Cause I took the TT 11 orange fan off, with the TT tube and put another TT fan in its place and it dropped the temps by almost 8degrees. I also took off the fan grill too.
                    I also got rid of the 3.5" fan controller cause I didn't like it. It beeped all the time if the fans went below a certain level. Since I had them in series they would. So I yanked it out of the bay.

The Zalman side fan cooler reallyl does drop temps on your GPU btw. I was surprised how much lower they were after I installed it. I would recommend one if you like to o/c and want a cool looking fan for your heatpipe, or regular cooling setup.

All in all I still have a lot of work to do. Just little aestetic stuff. But I was asked what it looked like so far so I posted some.
                    I love the case. The design. And all the components I picked. The only thing that someone pointed out (Minibubba) was the two front intake cooling fans doing their job properly. Since they blow right over my harddrives, that is good, and my harddrives also have dual antec fan attachments, so my harddrives are running cool. As for overall effectiveness for CASE cooling.........hmmm I would I have to say it isn't the best. Although, evven on the hottest days this summer, over 32c, my case temp was still low, and didn't drop with the side off. So, I guess that portion of the design doesn't hurt.
                    With the blowhole, dual exhaust, and the PSU fans, it all comes together and works obviously.
                    This case also has numerous places to hide wires, inverters and other goodies which comes in handy with a 3 wiindow!.
                    I also must say, with the gold accenting, screwless bolts,,,,,, 4 USB .

The other pics are in the thread below this one.
                    I will post more when I am done fine tuning it.

Chez

Comment

• I'm going to sleeve and heat shrink my PSU soon. What sizes did you use for heatshrink and sleeving for a normal HDD power cord? 6/11mm sleeving and 6.4mm heatsrink?

Comment

• My setup minus the 9800pro, which is in for repairs.

Comment

• Lookin' cool. :thumb:

Comment

• people im takin alevel techonolgy an i reckon im gona build an wooden case 4 a computer, inspired by that case! its not gona house any tghin good yet i need advice is it feasble 2 do?

Has any 1 got links 2 sites around this issue {also i know its not in wiv the thread but :p thanks guys ive bin sittin here 4 ages trien 2 thing of sumat 4 ages!

thanks again an any help would be apprichated

: peace:

Comment

• Originally posted by necromanx13x
                              My setup minus the 9800pro, which is in for repairs.
                              CAN YOU TAKE A PIC FROM THE FRONT?
                              CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                              Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                              RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                              GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                              PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                              SC: Audigy 2 zs
                              LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                              Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                              Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

• Sure, I can do that. The drives don't exactly match but thats not my top priority right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X