Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as some one else has said in a different forum, thats a nice lookin subwoofer u got there. :thumb:

Comment

• Fixed some fresh cool air to my new Ti4200. :)

Comment

• Only 2 of 4 screws in place if you wonder.. :)

Comment

• Another one.

Comment

• Last one.

Comment

• Neocromax13x Why is your rear cooling fan not running????
              <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

• Wow, nice cases. Mine looks like such a pos its sad, maybe we should start a POS Case Gallery, just for laughs. Hey tweaker, are you gonna overclock that new Ti4200 now??? :D :D :D . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

• Neocromax13x lol why isn't your rear and cpu fan running?? :confused:
                  CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                  Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                  RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                  GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                  PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                  SC: Audigy 2 zs
                  LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                  Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                  Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

• Originally posted by Mista K6
                    Hey tweaker, are you gonna overclock that new Ti4200 now??? :D :D :D . : peace2: Mista K6
                    :D

Comment

• they are running, if they werent im pretty sure i wouldnt be writing this right now since my cpu would be fried and i would be crying. I guess my camera just has a really fast shutter speed or something?

Comment

• Or maybe its running on 10 rpms, just my theory.

Comment

• My camera is not that great, and I've taken pics that the fans appear to be stopped....nice looking rig BTW :thumb:

Comment

• Thought I'd show some pics of my recent project. It's to be my HTPC, so I challenged myself to build a stealthy and silent machine.....but, this being TweakTown and all...I also wanted it as powerful as possible!:devil:
                            I recently ordered what I hope to be the last of the hardware I needed to complete this project. I started with an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ for lower power consumption on a Chaintech 7NIF2 Summit nForce2 motherboard for small mATX form-factor. A 128MB stick of Corsair ValuRAM PC2700 completes the core, and just to get it running threw an old 4GB Seagate HD in there and added a Samsung DVD drive and a Mitsumi floppy in black to load my crap on. Test runs were good, though cooling with the Maxtop mATX case was abysmal. Of course my first thought was to throw more fans at it, but the case is so small, only thin 15MM fans would fit, so I got 4 Zalman quiet 80mmX15MM fans and an NMB 80MMX25MM for the PSU. I figured that a LOT of quiet fans would be better than a couple loud ones. I also didn't want the fan screws to show on the outside of the case so I epoxied threaded T-nuts to the inside of the case (They're not holding that well so I may solder them instead) The 180W stock PSU crapped out on me, so I got a Powmax 230W for $22 and am in the process of modding it to take the NMB. I had no luck finding cheap or decent replacement 60MM quiet fans for the rear, so I soldered them to run in series. I also replaced the front intake fan with a Zalman 92MM silent fan, the largest that would fit with some hacking.
                            New parts coming or ready to go are:
                            Matrix Orbital LCD display (In ginchy blue with white characters)
                            LED bus for the Matrix, with 4 thermal probes
                            120GB Seagate Barracuda HD
                            MSI Ti4200 w/Zalman passive cooler (This is actually from my main machine which is getting a 9800 Pro)
                            Leadtec TV tuner card w/remote
                            Gray cable sheathing (To go with the whole stealth theme)
                            Blue EL string kit (Not sure exactly how I'm gonna use that yet)
                            Creative Labs Audigy gamer soundcard
                            Thermaltake Silent Boost HS/F
                            So far I've got all my caseholes bored, most of the front bezel modded with grills I stole from a broken radio and bent to fit custom holes for air intake, and a passthrough hole for all the wires to connect to the LCD. I'm still lacking the hole and mounting configuration for the LCD, but I'm thinking of using a piece of smoked Lexan for the front bezel surrounding it, as the LEDs from the bus will shine through it, but be mostly invisible when not lit. The entire thing will be repainted in black, some in industrial wrinkle-finish, the rest in satin.
                            Here's some progress shots:

Comment

• And here's another:

Comment

• Here's some pics of my modest system.
                                I got started modding after frying the BIOS in this store bought system. I replaced the mo bo, had a good time doing it and then proceeded to upgrade. First the GPU, then another HDD and so on.....
                                The only original pieces from this store bought are the optical drives and the case. Which will be going buh-bye soon enough.
                                Beige sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X