X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Originally posted by vailr View Post
    I think Stasio and station-drivers.com may both be confused: MEI 5M vs. MEI 1.5M pertains only to the Intel MEI firmware.
    Note: ME = driver; MEI = firmware.
    Stopped reading there, facepalm.

MEI = Management Engine Interface --> DRIVER (replaced the old HECI driver)

Just because an OEM releases a driver and names the file "ME", it doesn't mean that it's just driver or just firmware. They make naming mistakes all the time, nothing new. Normally they should release only a driver, however sometimes they accidentally upload the whole package they got from Intel which also includes firmware, tools & documentation. That's how "leaks" occur. Station-Drivers tends to upload the package as they find it which may or may not contain tools & firmware together with the (originally intended) driver-only release.

What is more likely, that you are confused or everyone else?

Comment

I think Stasio and station-drivers.com may both be confused: MEI 5M vs. MEI 1.5M pertains only to the Intel MEI firmware.
      Note: ME = driver; MEI = firmware.
      The latest ME driver version 10.0.30.1072 can be used in conjunction with several different MEI firmware versions: 8x, 9x, 10x; and for any of the 3 chipset variations: Z, H & Q. That same driver does NOT work with MEI firmware versions 5x thru 7x. Not sure about mobile or X series (79X & 99X) chipsets.
      However, it should be noted: what's labeled as ME driver version 10.0.30.1072 actually shows as version 10.0.30.1054 in Windows Device Manager.
      Why Intel decided on such a confusing & counter-intuitive approach??
      The driver itself has no numerical distinction between 5M vs. 1.5M versions at all.
      In other words: there's no separate driver designed for use with 1.5M firmware, and some different driver corresponding to 5M firmware, AFAIK.

"Z" & "H" series chipsets require the 1.5M firmware, while (business-oriented) "Q" series chipsets require 5M firmware.
      Anyway: I could be wrong, but that's my current understanding of the situation.

Station-drivers.com will often post ME & MEI updates, but often fails to provide complete information pertaining to specific applicability, and sometimes adds their own faulty information. What they're labeling as MEI "driver" may actually be "firmware", and vice-versa. If the install file includes an .inf file, then it's a driver. If there's a .bin file, then it's a firmware file. But then you have to decipher what chipset the firmware is for, because telling you that would make it too easy. Or certain driver .exe installers may obfuscate from view the .inf file, I've seen in some cases for Intel device drivers.

@Stasio:
      I do appreciate your bios updates, but your willingness to share certain aspects of arcane Intel information remains somewhat lacking.
      Hello vailr, things are quite clear and there aren't mislabelling : Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools or here (backup temporary) http://www.win-raid.com/t171f39-ME-B...Temporary.html
      Hope this will help you to clarify every doubts or thoughts about this topic.

Cheers,

KK
      Last edited by killkernel; 11-17-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plutomaniac View Post
        Stopped reading there, facepalm.

MEI = Management Engine Interface --> DRIVER (replaced the old HECI driver)

Just because an OEM releases a driver and names the file "ME", it doesn't mean that it's just driver or just firmware. They make naming mistakes all the time, nothing new. Normally they should release only a driver, however sometimes they accidentally upload the whole package they got from Intel which also includes firmware, tools & documentation. That's how "leaks" occur. Station-Drivers tends to upload the package as they find it which may or may not contain tools & firmware together with the (originally intended) driver-only release.

What is more likely, that you are confused or everyone else?
        You may be correct, but: exactly how do these "leaks" occur? What is the chain of custody? Are Intel servers being accessed illegally? Why is it that there's seldom any accompanying documentation pertaining to ME/MEI? They could at least say: "I found this file at this IP address", or something.
        Station-drivers needs to improve their methodology. And as far as ME/MEI specifically: their best policy would seem to be: to not publish such undocumented MEI firmware "leakages" at all, and publicly recommend reliance on what the official manufacturer bios releases provide. Or at the least: only pass on "leaks" that include some kind of minimal documentation: "this firmware is for these specific chipsets: X, Y & Z" type of description. For MEI drivers: "this driver is for use with these specific chipset type of motherboards: A, B, & C". Or even simply: "We found these files at an undisclosed IP address. We don't know anything more than what you see inside the compressed file. Our best guess is that this firmware is designed for unreleased mobile chipsets with code names "Tamarand" & "Bluefield" (or whatever)". But simply passing on for public consumption, items that they know they don't know anything about is bad policy.
        If they have to write their own text file as their own kind of documentation, then go ahead and do that. If they need to then translate from French to English or other languages, then go ahead and do that.
        But they should not, in my opinion, be publishing on their web site such completely undocumented files.

Stasio likes to post there practically on a daily basis, but never wants to help correct that web site's (what I consider as) bad behavior.
        Last edited by vailr; 11-17-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

@ killkernel: your linked page states:
          >Intel ME9.5 Consumer Firmware Update v9.5.40.1892< (>MIRROR<)
          Note: This Firmware Update is only suitable for Intel ME 9.5 (Intel 8/9-Series Chipsets) Consumer 1.5MB systems (Intel Lynx Point chipset for Haswell-ULT CPU, Mobile and NUC). Thanks to Pacman and Station-Drivers for the source file.
          >Intel ME9.1 Consumer Firmware Update v9.1.10.1005< (>MIRROR<)
          Note: This Firmware Update is only suitable for Intel ME9 1.5MB Desktop systems with an Intel 9-Series Chipset (Desktop Z97, X99, Q97, Q95, H97, B95, H91, Mobile QM97, HM97, HM96 and 9-Series Workstations). Thanks to Pacman and Station-Drivers for the source files.
          >Intel ME9.0 Consumer Firmware Update v9.0.31.1487< (>MIRROR<)
          Note: This Firmware Update is only suitable for Intel ME9 1.5MB Desktop systems with an Intel 8-Series Chipset (Desktop Z87, Q87, Q85, H87, B85, H81, Mobile QM87, HM87, HM86 and Workstation C226). Thanks to Station-Drivers for the source files and ex58 for the compatibility details.
          Last edited by vailr; 11-17-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Note: This Firmware Update is only suitable for Intel ME 9.5 (Intel 8/9-Series Chipsets) Consumer 1.5MB systems (Intel Lynx Point chipset for Haswell-ULT CPU, Mobile and NUC). Thanks to Pacman and Station-Drivers for the source file.
            Note: This Firmware Update is only suitable for Intel ME9 1.5MB Desktop systems with an Intel 9-Series Chipset (Desktop Z97, X99, Q97, Q95, H97, B95, H91, Mobile QM97, HM97, HM96 and 9-Series Workstations). Thanks to Pacman and Station-Drivers for the source files.
            Note: This Firmware Update is only suitable for Intel ME9 1.5MB Desktop systems with an Intel 8-Series Chipset (Desktop Z87, Q87, Q85, H87, B85, H81, Mobile QM87, HM87, HM86 and Workstation C226). Thanks to Station-Drivers for the source files and ex58 for the compatibility details.
            https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...ng&ProdId=2979
            What I understand is v9.5.40.1892 is not for desktop boards, but what is stated further in the above sentence. (Intel Lynx Point chipset for Haswell-ULT CPU, Mobile and NUC)
            Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
            Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
            PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
            Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
            Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
            HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/[email protected] 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
            SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Comment

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...ng&ProdId=2979
              Originally posted by boondocks View Post
              What I understand is v9.5.40.1892 is not for desktop boards, but what is stated further in the above sentence. (Intel Lynx Point chipset for Haswell-ULT CPU, Mobile and NUC)
              Thanks boondocks for pointing this out, infact vailr words speaks for themselves... Haswell (microarchitecture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers,

KK

Comment

Need help whit GA-Z77X-D3H BIOS F18i mod, i've flashed this mod and everything worked fine after 1 months i've got new GPU 970 and now everytime i turn on my PC it keeps restarting, first screen restart and then it tries to go to Dual Bios Mod and restart after that restart and i think after that i loads modded bios, whats happening is my new GPU causing problem, or do i just need to reinstall BIOS?

Please help :(

Comment

GA-Z77X-D3H BIOS F18k mod

Modified with :

Intel Legacy RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126
                  Intel UEFI RAID SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126
                  Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.0.2.7 to 2.0.6.6
                  Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.1.1.1 to 2.1.1.5
                  Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS 2158 to 2170
                  Intel Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
                  Intel Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
                  Marvell SATA OROM and EFI 1.0.0.0034
                  CPU MicroCode Pack Sandy 6A728 and Ivy 6A919 to Sandy 6A729 and Ivy 6A91B
                  ME Firmware 8.1.30.1350
                  Modified splash logo 2

ME Firmware: pick the latest and update yourself in Win mode
                  Last edited by Priskvark; 11-24-2014, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priskvark View Post
                    Hello DeadeyeM,

You may download and test if this mod helps. It has the latest CPU Microcode 06A9-1B included (and updated OROMS).

First read and understand the risk as written in post 1 of this thread.

If you then do install the BIOS, I am sure that many readers will appreciate if you post a message telling the result and make it possible to update the status of the mod.

GA-Z77X-D3H BIOS F18k mod

Modified with :

Intel Legacy RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126
                    Intel UEFI RAID SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126
                    Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.0.2.7 to 2.0.6.6
                    Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.1.1.1 to 2.1.1.5
                    Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS 2158 to 2170
                    Intel Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
                    Intel Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
                    Marvell SATA OROM and EFI 1.0.0.0034
                    CPU MicroCode Pack Sandy 6A728 and Ivy 6A919 to Sandy 6A729 and Ivy 6A91B
                    ME Firmware 8.1.30.1350
                    Modified splash logo 2

ME Firmware: pick the latest and update yourself in Win mode
                    Thanks i will try at some point, fist want to check all the bios settings maybe they are causing the problem. Also could you help me understand the firmware part in windows, when i updated to modded Bios 18i do i need to update the firmware in windows? If thats correct i have not done that lol :) i did flash modded bios via q-flash i think how it's called it's in bios settings.
                    Last edited by DeadeyeM; 11-20-2014, 04:42 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Originally posted by DeadeyeM View Post
                      Thanks i will try at some point, fist want to check all the bios settings maybe they are causing the problem. Also could you help me understand the firmware part in windows, when i updated to modded Bios 18i do i need to update the firmware in windows? If thats correct i have not done that lol :) i did flash modded bios via q-flash i think how it's called it's in bios settings.
                      It would also probably be better if you started your own thread to get attention from members with more experience from GPU:s.

Comment

Can't seem to find a mod bios or beta one for z97n-gaming 5. Does it exist? My mobo doesnt work with my dell 4K display and i think it might have been solved as they did with z97n-WIFI (v. F5D)

Comment

Originally posted by micapost View Post
                          Can't seem to find a mod bios or beta one for z97n-gaming 5. Does it exist? My mobo doesnt work with my dell 4K display and i think it might have been solved as they did with z97n-WIFI (v. F5D)
                          for 4k you need to use displayport.....hdmi might work to..but display port is better

Comment

Which BIOS you running now?

Comment

Im running F4B.. I know they solved this on the Z97N-WIFI because i tested that with F5D for that mobo.. Exact same problem: no boot with Dell 4K screen attached, but solved with F5D. Ont he Gaming 5 mobo the error is both on HDMI and DP. No difference. Just a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top-left corner. No posibility of entering BIOS or anything else.. The mobo works great with other HD screens i have..

/M
                              Last edited by micapost; 11-21-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Im running F4B.. I know they solved this on the Z97N-WIFI because i tested that with F5D for that mobo.. Exact same problem: no boot with Dell 4K screen attached, but solved with F5D. Ont he Gaming 5 mobo the error is both on HDMI and DP. No difference. Just a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top-left corner. No posibility of entering BIOS or anything else.. The mobo works great with other HD screens i have..

/M
                                Bellow is latest non modded BIOS for your board (what I have,atm):

GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 - F4d
                                GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 - F4

Comment

Working...
                                X